Are you about writing a business plan for your bakery? If YES, here is a sample bakery business plan financial projection, cost, budget & forecast suitable for investors.
- Executive Summary
- Market Analysis
- SWOT Analysis
- Financial Projection
- Marketing Plan
- Marketing ideas & Strategies
Our Startup Budget & Expenditure
- The Total Fee for Registering the Business in Florida: $750.
- The budget for insurance, permits and license: $5,000
- The Amount needed to acquire a suitable Facility for 6 months in Orlando, Florida (face lifting of the facility inclusive): $75,000.
- The Cost for the purchase of furniture and gadgets (fridges, TVs, Sound System, tables and chairs et al): $20,000.
- The Cost for Bakery Equipment (Standard commercial oven, Proof boxes, Baking Sheets and Racks, Mixers, Work Tables, Sinks, Slicers, Scales, Cake decorating Tools, Ingredient Bins and baking utensils et al): $15,000
- The Cost for supply of flours, sugar, margarine, packaging materials and wheat et al for a month: $5,000.
- The Cost of Launching a Website: $600
- The cost for our opening party: $5,000
- Additional Expenditure (Business cards, Signage, Adverts and Promotions et al): $5,000
Going by the report from our research and feasibility studies, we will need an average $250,000 to set up a standard bakery in Orlando, Florida. From our projections, we are likely going to start making profits after the first 3 years of setting up the business and we have put plans in place to take care of the overhead and operational cost.
A Sample Bakery Business Plan Financial Projection
- Sources of Income
Cash flow is the lifeline of any business, which is why we have put plans in place to ensure that we have assorted bakery products that will guarantee that we generate enough income for the business. No doubt without sales – income, a business will definitely fold up and close shop.
We don’t intend to build a business that will struggle to pay the salaries of its workforce (overhead) and also struggle to maintain operational cost. Top Taste Confectionaries is set to take the market by storm with the variety of products we have on our stable. Here are the sources we have put in place to generate resources for Top Taste Confectionaries;
- Selling breads, cakes and snacks (wholesale and retailing)
- Offering home delivery services to our customers
- Recruiting, training and allocation of bakers to our clients (part of our consultancy services)
- Running a top notch government approved bakery institute in Orlando, Florida
- Offering consultancy services in line with our business goal
- Sales of drinks in all of our bakeries
It is important to state that our sales forecast is based on the data gathered during our feasibility studies and also some of the assumptions readily available on the field. This is for sales projections based on the operation of just one bakery outlet in Orlando, Florida.
Bread (Wheat, Flour Bread, Fruit Bread and all flavors and types of Bread on our stable:
- 5,000 Loaves of Bread Per Day
Snacks (Sandwich, Meat Pie, Scotch egg, Pizza, Burger, and Fish Pie et al):
- 10,000 pieces of snacks per day
Sales of Soft Drinks:
- On the average over 90% of people who purchase snacks are likely going to purchase soft drinks as well
- This equates to 9,000 bottles / cans / pet plastics of soft drinks
Sale / Supply of Cakes:
- 500 cakes per day
N.B: This projection is inclusive of the products we are likely going to sell in our outlets and the products we are to supply to other outlets / wholesale customers who in turn will retail our products. So, it might be a bit challenging to place a specific amount that we are likely going to make from the sales.
Please note that this projection is based on the first 6 months of opening shop to the general public meaning that the quantity of sales we make may likely double or triple after this 6 months.