When is the right time to start investing? Do you want to invest for long or short term? If YES, here is a list of the best investment ideas in 2016 with high returns.
A good investor is one who strikes a balance between investing for both long term and short term. You ability to know how to spread your resources into various investment vehicles with different maturity time is what will determine how successful you can become as an investor.
Even if you do not have the skills to discover the right places to channel your investments, you can contract an investment banker / contractor to help you manage your investment portfolio. They know how to help you take advantage of both long term investment opportunities and short term investment opportunities.
People that invest in short term investment ideas do it for a reason and people who invest in long term investment ideas also have a reason for tying their money down for a long period of time with the hope that they will get returns some years down the line. There are different schools of thoughts when it comes to what is considered as short term investment and long term investment.
Short term investment which attracts greater risks can be considered to be investment with less than five years maturity date and long term investments which usually come with lower risks are considered to be investments whose maturity is more than 5 years. Here are good investment ideas for those who want to invest on a short or long term basis;
Best Investment Ideas for Long and Short Term in 2016
1. Buying and Selling of Commodities-: One of the quickest ways of getting returns on your investment is to invest in the buying and selling of commodities. Just ensure that you do your market survey in order to know what will sell like wildfire in your area. What could sell very fast in your area could be groceries, it could be consignments and it could be smart phones and accessories. The bottom line is that if you are good with buying and selling, then you should consider it as a short term investment because you can actually get the whole money invested in the business plus profits within a very short period of time.
2. Stock Investing-: Although, most people invest in stocks when they want to invest on a long term basis, but one can actually invest in stocks if they want to quickly raise money from the capital market. If you know when to buy and when to sell shares, then you can truly invest in the stock market on a short term basis and make huge returns on your investment.
3. Real Estate Investing-: If your intention for investing is to tie your money down in a business that will continue to bring returns on your investment over your lifetime and beyond, then you should consider investing in real estate. If you have a property that is on rent or lease, you will continue to make money from the property as long as the property exists.
4. Investing in Bonds-: Bonds usually come with different maturity period and it could be 5 years or more. If you are looking towards investing your money on a long term, then you should consider investing the in bonds.
5. Investing in Gold and Silver-: If you want to invest on behalf of your children or on a long term basis, then you should think towards investing in gold and silver. You can keep gold and silver over a life time and still pass them to your children and grand children.
7 Sure Signs to Know the Right Time to Start Investing in 2016
Finding the right investment is one thing to face and knowing the right time to invest is a different kettle of fish. It is for this reason that you have to really look inside to be sure that you are taking the right path; more so, a path that would leave smiles and not a bitter taste in the mouth. First time investors are always saddled with worrying about the timing for their stock purchases.
Starting off on a wrong footing can spell doom as you may be required to mourn some bad market losses. So, it is very expedient that you know the right time to want to pull things off. The big question therefore is; when is the best time to invest? If you are like many people who do not know how to go about things, then this article have got you covered.
Therefore, you have to first determine that you want to invest and also know what it is you want to invest in, so that knowing the right time to do so would be a lot easier. Consequently, let us look at the indications or rather things you should look for to know that the time is right time to invest.
One of the best ways to know when the right time to invest is to conduct your research. This research has to do with browsing the internet to see how others have fared and when the best time they invested was. There are various resources on the internet that can serve this purpose. You may also consider reading economics books and you would be amazed at the results you can garner.
b. Ask Experts
Yet another way through with you can know when the right time to invest in is to ask experts. These are folks who have been trained to know when the right time to invest is and they are usually available tom supply the best of insights. There are investment experts in all parts of the world. What is expected of you is to look for them and employ their services.
c. When the Economy Is Growing
One of the best ways to know when the right time to invest in is when the economy is growing. The question therefore is how does one know when the economy is growing? Well. This means when the companies are performing productively. For instance; it could be when interest rates move favorably. Investing at this moment is okay because investors tend to be on the increase because of the interest rate movements.
d. When You Have the Money
Some folks who are experts have said that there is no such time as perfect for investing. As such, whenever you are able to invest, then that is the best time ever. This is because some folks who have made loads of money have failed to invest and as such squandered the money. As such they have had tales of woes to tell. So the make hay while the sun shine aphorism might come in handy.
e. Check out the Performance
One of the best times that helps you in knowing the right time to invest might be for you to check out the performance of mutual funds, as well as other stocks to see how they are faring and possible predictions that may follow. This logic might not be a hundred percent right, but to a large extent it works.
f. When There is A Boom
If you have been an ardent follower of various trends you may have noticed the duration at which the market booms that occur happen. Therefore, you may want that to serve as a cue as you look towards investing. You may consider documenting these periods so that you can be able to fall back to it as time goes on.
g. Sample the Views of Investors
Whilst this step might not be accurate, but it has helped some folks. Also, you may consider walking this path by asking people about what they feel about a particular investment prospect and how they have fared. This might be a good indicator that will help you sail through.
Would these tips help you in knowing the right time to invest? You bet these are good steps that you can consider taking to make the best of decision on what to invest in, as well as the right time to take such a step. It is vital to take a cue from all these, because you would be saving yourself loads of stress when you know when you dive into the system.