Are you about writing a business plan for a bottled water plant? If YES, here is a sample bottled water business plan financial projection, cost, budget & forecast suitable for investors.
- Executive Summary
- Market Analysis
- SWOT Analysis
- Financial Projection
- Marketing Plan
- Marketing ideas & Strategies
Starting a standard bottled water production company is indeed a capital intensive business. This is so because the amount required to set – up a bottled water production plant is not a piecemeal. The bulk of the start – up capital will be sent on leasing or acquiring a facility and also in purchasing water purifying, bottling, and packaging equipment.
Aside from that, you are not expected to spend much except for purchase and servicing of distribution trucks, paying of your employees and utility bills. This is the key areas where we will spend our start – up capital;
Bottled Water Business Plan – Start-Up Expenditure (Budget)
- The Total Fee for Registering the Business in Massachusetts – $750.
- Legal expenses for obtaining licenses and permits as well as the accounting services (software, P.O.S machines and other software) – $1,300.
- Marketing promotion expenses for the grand opening of Sparkles® Bottled Water Production Company in the amount of $3,500 and as well as flyer printing (2,000 flyers at $0.04 per copy) for the total amount of – $3,580.
- Cost for hiring Business Consultant – $2,500.
- Insurance (general liability, workers’ compensation and property casualty) coverage at a total premium – $2,400.
- Cost for payment of rent for 12 month at $1.76 per square feet in the total amount of $105,600.
- Cost for construction of a standard bottled water production plant – $100,000.
- Other start-up expenses including stationery ($500) and phone and utility deposits ($2,500).
- Operational cost for the first 3 months (salaries of employees, payments of bills et al) – $100,000
- The cost for Start-up inventory (raw materials, bottles and packaging materials et al) – $80,000
- Storage hardware (bins, rack, shelves, food case) – $3,720
- The cost for counter area equipment (counter top, sink, ice machine, etc.) – $9,500
- Cost for water purifying, bottling and packaging equipment – $100,000
- Cost for store equipment (cash register, security, ventilation, signage) – $13,750
- Cost of purchase of distribution vans – $100,000
- The cost for the purchase of furniture and gadgets (Computers, Printers, Telephone, Fax Machines, tables and chairs et al) – $4,000.
- The cost of Launching a Website – $600
- The cost for our opening party – $10,000
- Miscellaneous – $10,000
We would need an estimate of $500,000 to successfully set up our bottled water production plant in Bay – Orleans, Massachusetts. Please note that this amount includes the salaries of all the staff for the first 3 month of operation.
Bottled Water Business Plan Financial Projection Sample
- Sources of Income
Sparkles® Bottled Water Production Company is established with the aim of maximizing profits in the bottled water production industry in both the United States of America and Canada and we are going to go all the way to ensure that we do all it takes to sell a wide range of bottled water products to a wide range of customers.
Sparkles® Bottled Water Production Company will generate income by selling the following products;
- Still water
- Flavored water
- Sparkling water
- Purifying and bottling water
- Purifying and bottling carbonated water
- Labeling bottled water products
- Promoting bottled water brands
- Manufacturing ice
One thing is certain when it comes to bottled water production business, if your bottled water are well – packaged and branded and if your production plant is centrally positioned and easily accessible, you will always attract customers cum sales and that will sure translate to increase in revenue generation for the business.
We are well positioned to take on the available market in Bay Orleans – Massachusetts and every city where our bottled water will be sold and we are quite optimistic that we will meet our set target of generating enough income / profits from the first six month of operations and grow the business and our clientele base.
We have been able to critically examine the bottled water production industry and we have analyzed our chances in the industry and we have been able to come up with the following sales forecast. The sales projection is based on information gathered on the field and some assumptions that are peculiar to startups in Bay Orleans – Massachusetts.
Below is the sales projection for Sparkles® Bottled Water Production Company, it is based on the location of our business and other factors as it relates to small scale and medium scale bottled water production company start – ups in the United States;
- First Fiscal Year-: $100,000
- Second Fiscal Year-: $250,000
- Third Fiscal Year-: $750,000
N.B: This projection is done based on what is obtainable in the industry and with the assumption that there won’t be any major economic meltdown and there won’t be any major competitor offering same products and customer care services as we do within same location. Please note that the above projection might be lower and at the same time it might be higher.