Are you about writing a business plan for your catering business? If YES, here is a sample catering business plan financial projection, cost, budget & forecast suitable for investors.
- Executive Summary
- Market Analysis
- SWOT Analysis
- Financial Projection
- Marketing Plan
- Marketing ideas & Strategies
Catering Service Business Plan – Our Startup Budget & Expenditure
- The Total Fee for Registering the Business in Florida: $750.
- The budget for Liability insurance, permits and license: $5,000
- The Amount needed to acquire a suitable Facility with storage space for 6 months in Chicago, Illinois (Re – Construction of the facility inclusive): $70,000.
- The Cost for the purchase of furniture and gadgets (fridges, TVs, Sound System, tables and chairs et al): $15,000
- The Cost for Catering Equipment (Standard commercial oven, Industrial Gas Cooker, Baking Sheets and Racks, Mixers, Work Tables, Sinks, Slicers, Scales, Cake decorating Tools, Ingredient Bins and kitchen utensils et al) : $15,000
- The Cost of Launching a Website: $600
- The cost for our opening party: $5,000
- Additional Expenditure (Business cards, Signage, Adverts and Promotions et al): $5,000
Going by the report from our research and feasibility studies, we will need an average $150,000 to set a catering business in Chicago, IL.
One good thing about catering business and perhaps other related services that we render, is that you are definitely going to make profits from any business deal that you handle. You are expected to submit quotations that will be enough to cover your expenses and profits as well.
Catering Business Plan Financial Projection Sample
- Sources of Income
Appealing Delight® Catering Services Company is established with the aim of maximizing the catering business, hence our service offerings. With the nature with which we intend building our business, we are not going to lack continuous inflow of cash.
There are several sources of income for our business and we will ensure that we do all we can to maximize them. Below are the sources of revenue generation for Delicious Delight® Catering Services Company;
- Offering outdoor catering services to a wide range of clients
- Engage in Party rental services (renting of catering wares, chairs, tables and tents et al.)
- Manage Canteens for corporate organizations.
- Running a top notch government approved catering school in Chicago, Illinois
- Offering consultancy services in line with our business offerings
- Event Management
- Sales of Cakes
It is important to state that our sales forecast is based on the data gathered during our feasibility studies and also some of the assumptions readily available on the field. This sales projection is based on our business offerings which involve outdoor catering services, rental services, event management, canteen management, our catering school and consultancy services et al. On the Average, we look forward to;
- Handle about 4 Outdoor Catering Events in a Month
- Secure contract to manage 5 canteens for corporate organizations within the first 3 months of launching the business
- Sell a minimum of 20 Standard Cakes in a Month
- Manage a minimum of 2 Events a Month
- Consult for a minimum of 4 clients in a month
- Train a minimum of 50 caterers within the first 6 months of launching the catering school
- Rent our catering wares / party stuffs to a minimum of 4 clients per month
N.B-: Please note that we could not put a specific amount to the projection above because the prices may differ for different services and for different clients. Part of our business strategy is to work within the budget of our clients as stated earlier.
Also, to deliver quality catering services hence it will be difficult to project what we are likely going to make from such deals. But, the bottom line is that we are definitely going to make reasonable profits from any business deal that we execute.