Are you about writing a clothing line business plan? If YES, here is a sample attention grabbing clothing line business plan executive summary, goals, mission and vision statements, product/service description and management structure that will surely attract investors.
- Executive Summary
- Market Analysis
- SWOT Analysis
- Financial Projection
- Marketing Plan
- Marketing ideas & Strategies
Clothing Line Business Plan – Executive Summary Sample
Classic Label™ Clothing Line™ is an international clothing line that will be located in Huston, Texas. We have been able to secure a large warehouse that will be converted to our production factory. We were able to out rightly buy over the facility with the help of our bank.
Classic Label™ Clothing Line™ will be involved in the production of clothes (casual, corporate, sport clothes et al) that will meet the needs of male, female, young adult and children. Our target is to become one of the leading brands in the fashion industry in the world and we will ensure that every cloth that leaves our factory can favorable compete with the best brands in the industry.
Our workers are going to be selected from a pool of talented dress markers in and around Huston, Texas and we will ensure that we take them through the required trainings that will position them to meet the expectation of the company – Classic Label™ Clothing Line™.
We have put plans in place to build a state of the art clothing line production factory in Huston Texas, which is why we have entered agreement with some manufacturers of sewing machines to produce customized sewing machines for us that will give us the quality of clothes that we want to be known for. Our factory will be well equipped and we will ensure that we follow the trend in the industry.
Classic Label™ Clothing Line™, will manufacture clothes for high end customers and also for low income earner; we want to become one of the people’s choice where ever our clothes are put up for sale. Aside from mass production of clothes, we will also be engaged in customized production of clothes for customers based on their demands.
We are quite aware that there are some clients such as sporting clubs, political parties, schools, churches and organizations that would need quality customized clothes for specific purposes and we are well prepared to deliver as requested.
Classic Label™ Clothing Line™ is owned by a group of investors with same investment ideology. One of the owners of the company who is also going to become the chief executive officer / President of the organization is Dr. Sydney Wilberforce; he is a fashion enthusiast.
Dr. Wilberforce has Degree in Fashion Designing and also an MBA from Harvard. He is well respected in the fashion industry, prior to starting Classic Label™ Clothing Line™; he was the creative director in one of the world’s leading fashion label that is based in New York City.
- Our Products
Classic Label™ Clothing Line™ was established with the aim of producing quality and highly fashionable clothes for men, women, young adults and children. We know that quality is a key factor that will help us sell our brand which is why we have but in place a competent quality assurance team that will ensure that all our clothes meet and even surpass our customers’ expectations.
We will work hard to ensure that Classic Label™ Clothing Line is not just accepted nationally in the United States of America, but also in other parts of the world. Here is a list of our products;
- Men’s corporate Shirts
- Men’s Casual Shirts
- Women’s corporate dress
- Women’s casual dress
- Jackets (male, female, adults and children)
- Sport shirts
- Children’s clothes
- Winter clothes
Our Vision Statement
Our vision is to establish a clothing line whose brand will not only be accepted in the United States of America, but also in other parts of the world.
- Our Mission Statement
Our mission is to establish a clothing line that will make available a wide range of clothes for male, female, young adults and children; a clothing label that will favorably with international clothing labels like Ralph Lauren, Tommy Hilfiger, Hugo Boss, Gap, Mango and Calvin Kline et al at the global stage.
- Our Business Structure
Classic Label™ Clothing Line™ is a clothing line that want to start small, but grow big in order to compete favorably with leading clothing brands in the fashion industry both in the United States and on a global stage. We are aware of the importance of building a solid business structure that can support the picture of the kind of business we want to own.
Although Classic Label™ Clothing Line™ will start operation from a single factory in Huston, Texas, but we have a bigger picture; we want to grow to the level where we will build factories in Thailand and China. Our clothing brand is going to be specifically designed to penetrate the world’s fashion industry.
At Classic Label™ Clothing Line™, we will ensure that we hire people that are qualified, hardworking, customer centric and are ready to work to help us build a prosperous business that will benefit all the stake holders (the owners, workforce, and customers).
As a matter of fact, profit-sharing arrangement will be made available to all our senior management staff and it will be based on their performance for a period of five years or more. In view of the above, we have decided to hire qualified and competent hands to occupy the following positions;
- Chief Executive Officer (Owner)
- General Manager
- Human Resources and Admin Manager
- Sales and Marketing Executive
- Fashion Designers
- Quality Control Officer
- Factory Worker
Roles and Responsibilities
Chief Executive Officer – CEO:
- Increases management’s effectiveness by recruiting, selecting, orienting, training, coaching, counseling, and disciplining managers; communicating values, strategies, and objectives; assigning accountabilities; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results; developing incentives; developing a climate for offering information and opinions; providing educational opportunities.
- Responsible for providing direction for the business
- Creates, communicates, and implements the organization’s vision, mission, and overall direction – i.e. leading the development and implementation of the overall organization’s strategy.
- Responsible for signing checks and documents on behalf of the company
- Evaluates the success of the organization
- Develops strategic plan by studying technological and financial opportunities; presenting assumptions; recommending objectives.
- Accomplishes subsidiary objectives by establishing plans, budgets, and results measurements; allocating resources; reviewing progress; making mid-course corrections.
- Coordinates efforts by establishing procurement, production, marketing, field, and technical services policies and practices; coordinating actions with corporate staff.
- Builds company image by collaborating with customers, government, community organizations, and employees; enforcing ethical business practices.
- Responsible for fixing prices and signing business deals
- Responsible for recruitment
- Responsible for payment of salaries
- Maintains quality service by establishing and enforcing organization standards.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; benchmarking state-of-the-art practices; participating in professional societies.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Responsible for managing the daily activities in the factory
- Responsible for supervising all the employees
- Responsible for planning sales, monitoring inventory, selecting the merchandise, and writing and pricing orders to vendors
- Ensures that the organization operates within stipulated budget.
Human Resources and Admin Manager
- Responsible for overseeing the smooth running of HR and administrative tasks for the organization
- Defines job positions for recruitment and managing interviewing process
- Carries out staff induction for new team members
- Responsible for training, evaluation and assessment of employees
- Responsible for arranging travel, meetings and appointments
- Oversees the smooth running of the daily office activities.
Sales and Marketing Manager
- Manages external research and coordinate all the internal sources of information to retain the organizations’ best customers and attract new ones
- Models demographic information and analyzes the volumes of transactional data generated by customer purchases
Accountant / Cashier:
- Receives payments on behalf of the organization
- Issues receipt to customers
- Prepares financial report at the end of every working week
- Handles all financial transaction on behalf of the company
- Interfaces with the organization’s banks
- Responsible for payment of tax, levies and utility bills
- Any other duty as assigned by the CEO / store manager
- Responsible for designing clothes to meet the latest trend
- Stays abreast with the dynamics of the clothing line industry
- Researches and advice the organization on style, size and other trendy fashion statements
Quality Control Officer
- Ensures that all the clothes in our production line meets the required quality before they are released in the market
- Makes certain that production and manufacturing lines perform efficiently, coordinate employee efforts, and facilitate communications between management and production departments.
- Devises ways of improving the manufacturing process to ensure higher-quality goods
- Ensures that manufacturing production lines run smoothly and generate a consistently suitable output for their employers
- Ensures that the organization work in line with international best practices
- Handles any other responsibility as assigned by the general manager
- Responsible for sewing clothes as instructed by the supervisor / fashion designer
- Responsible for cutting clothing materials to fit the expected design and size
- Handles any other duty as assigned by the general manager
- Responsible for ironing and packaging of clothes
- Responsible for movement of equipment and raw materials as required
- Ensures that toiletries and supplies don’t run out of stock
- Cleans both the interior and exterior of the factory
- Any other duty as assigned by the restaurant manager