Are you about writing a coffee shop business plan? If YES, here is a sample attention grabbing coffee shop business plan executive summary, goals, mission and vision statements, product/service description and management structure that will surely attract investors.
- Executive Summary
- Market Analysis
- SWOT Analysis
- Financial Projection
- Marketing Plan
- Marketing ideas & Strategies
A Sample Coffee Shop Business Plan Executive Summary
Coffee4All® is a coffee bar that will be located on the ground floor of one of the busiest airport facilities in the United States of America – The Los Angeles International Airport, California. We have been able to secure a one-year lease of a vacant shop within the airport’s facility. We are fortunate to secure a facility with an option of renewal for 5 years at an agreed rate.
The facility we intend starting out our coffee shop from has the capacity to contain a minimum of 10 tables and 40 seats, plus sufficient space to accommodate our back office operations, storage rooms and kitchen. We will ensure that the coffee bar is designed and decorated to attract customers and to make them feel relaxed and enjoy their coffee. The whole idea is to ensure that if you visited our coffee shop just once, you would look forward to visiting us again -any time you are traveling through Los Angeles Airport.
Coffee4Allis set to give coffee lovers the best of coffees they can get in the whole of Los Angeles, California. Aside from the point that we intend giving our customers the options to choose from a wide range of neatly brewed coffee in our shop, we have also perfected plans to deliver excellent customer service.
Coffee4All® is set to create an environment where customers can network with each other in a relaxed environment, whilst enjoying their brewed coffee or espresso and pastries. Our aim of starting coffee shop is to help our highly esteemed clients get a relief from the daily stress, whilst enjoying our well brewed coffee and espresso, coupled with the ambience they would experience in our coffee shop.
We aware that coffee bars easily attract intellectuals and business people and we also know that the airport is one of the places where one can easily tie down these set of people- especially when they have to wait for their flights. That is the reason why we have decided to start the first outlet of our coffee shop in Los Angeles International Airport, which happens to be the second busiest airport in the United States of America.
No doubt, we are not going to struggle to attract customers, but will continue to strive to build a loyal customer base by offering a great tasting coffee in a relaxed and conducive environment.
- Our Product
At Coffee4All®, we serve well brewed coffee in various forms to our highly respected customers. We are quite aware that people have the option of demanding the form in which they want their coffee to be served in, which is why we have taken time to research and learn the various ways coffee can be served, not just in the United States of America, but also in other parts of the world.
We do not intend to put any restriction to the types of coffee we will purchase from the open market. As a matter of fact, we have established relationships with suppliers of some of the finest coffee beans from Brazil, Turkey, Africa, and Europe.
Here are some of the products that will be available in our coffee shop / bar;
- Coffee Beverages served in different forms (cappuccino, espresso, iced coffee, decaffeinated coffee, alcoholic coffee (Irish Coffee and Brandy Coffee et al), filtered coffee, cold brew coffee, Turkish coffee, coffee with milk, coffee or espresso with whipped cream, and flavored coffee et al.
- Coffee Beans
Our Vision Statement
Our vision is to build a coffee business that will serve as a stress reliever to our customers, and at the same meet their needs when it comes to coffee.
- Our Mission Statement
To establish a coffee business that will serve available assorted coffee drinks to our highly valued customers 24 hours and round the clock in a relaxed and conducive atmosphere.
- Our Business Structure
When it comes to hiring of employees, we have plans to only hire the best of hands to work with us. This is necessary because part of our selling point is to ensure that our services are top notch at all times and our shop is welcoming and relaxing.
Since our coffee bar is going to be located in a rented facility with limited space for expansion, we have decided to engage the following key employees to help us drive the vision and mission of the organization. This is the structure we intend building our business on;
- Chief Executive Officer (Owner)
- Bar Manager
- Bartender / Baristas
- Accountants / Cashiers
- Greeters / Customer Service Agent / Table Attendant
Roles and Responsibilities
Chief Executive Officer – CEO:
- Responsible for providing direction for the business
- Creating, communicating, and implementing the organization’s vision, mission, and overall direction – i.e. leading the development and implementation of the overall organization’s strategy.
- Responsible for fixing prices and signing business deals
- Responsible for recruitment
- Responsible for payment of salaries
- Responsible for signing checks and documents on behalf of the company
- Evaluates the success of the organization
- Responsible for managing the daily activities in the restaurant
- Ensures that the coffee facility is in tip top shape and conducive enough to welcome customers
- Interfaces with third – party providers (vendors)
- Reports to the Chief Executive Officer
- Attends to Customers complaints and enquiries
- Prepares budget and reports for the organization
- Responsible for Training and Development in the organization
- Responsible for procuring and distribution of beverages and pastries
- Any other duty as assigned by the CEO
Bartender / Baristas:
- Responsible for preparing different flavors and styles of coffee for customers
- Make lists of supplies in conjunction with the outlet manager
- Ensures that each cup of coffee that leaves the kitchen is tailor made and meets the request of each customer
- Responsible for quality control
- Any other duty as assigned by the Coffee shop Manager and CEO
Accountant / Cashier:
- Receives payments on behalf of Coffee4All®
- Issues receipt to customers
- Prepare financial report at the end of every working week
- Handles all financial transaction on behalf of the company
- Interfaces with our bankers
- Responsible for payment of tax, levies and utility bills
- Any other duty as assigned by the CEO / bar manager
Greeters / Customer Service Agent / Table Attendant
- Opens door and welcome customers
- Ensures that customers feel relaxed and at home
- Handles customers enquiries
- Takes customers’ orders
- Serve customer
- Any other duty as assigned by the bar manager
- Responsible for cleaning the Coffee shop facility at all times
- Washes the mugs, spoons and other utensils
- Ensures that toiletries and supplies don’t run out of stock
- Cleans both the interior and exterior of the coffee shop
- Any other duty as assigned by the restaurant manager,