Are you about starting a cupcake shop with in-house bakery? If YES, here is a complete sample cupcake shop business plan template & feasibility study you can use for FREE.
Okay, so we have considered all the requirements for starting a cupcake shop with in-house bakery. We also took it further by analyzing and drafting a sample cupcake marketing plan template backed up by actionable guerrilla marketing ideas for cupcake shops. So let’s proceed to the business planning section.
In a world like this and at a time like now, it becomes early expedient to have multiple streams of income. There are several business opportunities which an aspiring entrepreneur can start on a small scale and then grow the business to become a national phenomenon; more often than not, some the businesses are businesses that require little or no technical skills. Businesses whose skills you can easily pick up from books or from online video tutorials at no cost. One of such business is cupcake business.
Why Start a Cupcake Business?
Cupcake is type of cake which originated from the United States, and it is a small cake that is baked in small thin paper or aluminum cup and designed in different unique designs to serve just one person. Aside from the fact that it is a small cake, it still contains icing, candy or all other decoration that can be found in traditional big cakes. Please note that cupcakes can also be called fairy cake or patty cake especially in places like England and Australia.
The truth is that, if you are a baker or even a caterer, it is easier for you to venture into cupcake business. This is so because the same ingredients and processes that are used in making the conventional large cakes are the same ingredients and processes that are used in making cupcakes except for the size difference. The basic ingredient that is used in cupcake making is flour, butter, sugar, eggs, frosting and cake decorations.
What Does It Take to Start a Cupcake Shop Successfully?
One thing about cupcake business is that it is your creativity is one of the things that can stand you out from your competitors. No doubt, people who are into cupcake making are very creative. And that is why you can come across cupcakes in different shapes, designs and flavor.
For example; we have cupcakes in different variants such as butterfly cupcake, cake in a jar, cake ball, elaborately frosted cupcakes, and gourmet cupcake. The bottom line is that if you are creative enough, you can design your cupcake to represent any celebrated events or occasion.
Beyond every reasonable doubt, a cupcake business is indeed a profitable business because you can operate the business with your family members from your kitchen thereby cutting operational cost to the barest minimum. So also if you are able to secure a strategic high traffic location to open a shop, you can be rest assured to rake in good returns from your cupcake business.
One of the things that you will be required to do is to have working business plan in place. Writing a business plan might not come easy and so you may want to use a business plan template like the one below;
A Sample Cupcake Shop With Bakery Business Plan Template
- Cupcake Retailing Business Overview
Cupcake is a niche market in the baking and culinary industry and statistics has it that there are 400 registered cupcake outlets in the United States of America and 770,000,000 cupcakes are consumed in the U.S. in 2012 alone. Crumbs Bake Shop® is the highest selling cupcake shop in the United States with estimated net sales of $8.9m and a gross profit of $5.1m in 2011. As a matter of fact, Crumbs Bake Shop offers over 60 varieties of cupcakes to their customers and they have plans to open their outlets in about 200 different locations within the next four years.
The cupcake industry rakes in about $1.6 billion annually in the United States of America with three years of steady growth. Cupcake business is projected to become one of the fastest growing businesses in the baked goods industry. The world’s most expensive cupcake is $55,000; a red velvet cupcake with an 8 carat diamond engagement ring on it and it was done by cupcakes gourmet.
The cupcake industry thrives on creativity and it is on record that Sprinkles Cupcakes which is based in Beverly Hills, California and owned by Candace Nelson became the first cupcake outlet to start a cupcake dispenser with the capacity to hold up to 350 cupcakes per time.
The cupcake industry is still growing despite the fact that there are many players in the industry. For instance, statistics has it that 13 percent of cupcakes produced are served in wedding receptions. The idea is that once a start – up cupcake shop is well positioned and offers additional services, then they just need to do little to stay in business.
Some of the factors that encourages and motivates aspiring entrepreneurs to venture in to cupcake business is the point that you can start the business on a small scale from the comfort of your kitchen without making purchase of heavy duty equipment. All that you would have to spend some money on would be cake baking ingredients and relevant supplies.
As a matter of fact, you can start by supplying your cupcakes to mom and pop shops around your community or you can even open a small shop / kiosk in front of your house and start retailing your cupcakes. If you are hardworking and lucky enough, you can secure contract from the start to start supplying cupcakes for events (parties and wedding ceremonies et al). This is why it is important to network and enter into strategic business alliance with event managers and wedding planners et al.
If you are contemplating to start your own cupcake business in the United States, you should ensure that you carry out a thorough market survey and feasibility studies. If you get some key factors wrong before starting your own cupcake, then you are likely going to struggle to stay afloat. But over and above, cupcake business is a thriving and profitable business especially if you are creative and ready to take on the available market within the location where your business is plus the fact that Americans love cupcakes and they are willing to try – out different flavors.
Cupcake Shop Business Plan – Executive Summary
Isabella House of Cupcakes™ is a neighborhood cupcake business that will be based in Fairhope – Alabama, USA but will cover a wide range of clients both domestic and corporate clients. Although we intend starting out from small in – house bakery, but that does not in any way stop us from maximizing our potential in the cupcake line of business. We hope to grow the business beyond Fairhope to other communities / cities in the State of Alabama.
Isabella House of Cupcakes™ is established by the awarding winning and renowned baker – Mrs. Isabella Welsh – Carrington who has B.Sc. in Food Science Technology and a Master’s Degree in Business Administration (MBA). She has a robust experience in the food and confectionaries business having worked both in the public sector and the private sector prior to starting her own cupcake baking and retailing business in Fairhope – Alabama.
Our business goal as a community based cupcake baking and retailing business is to become the number one choice of residence in the whole of the communities where we intend to retail our cupcakes. We are extremely creative, which is why we will come up with cupcakes in different designs, different variants, different themes, and different flavors and of course different packaging just to appeal to our target market.
As a business, we are willing to go the extra mile to invest in building a standard in – house bakery and also to hire efficient and dedicated employees. Our in – house bakery and delivery network will be customized to fit into the kind of ideas we have of how a standard cupcake baking and retailing business should look like. When it comes to hygiene, we have put plans, process and structures in place that will ensure that we are always at the top of game when it comes to that. We have been able to secure permits from all relevant departments in the State of Alabama.
Isabella House of Cupcakes™ is set to redefine how community based cupcake business should be run, not just in Fairhope – Alabama, but also in the whole of the United States of America. Which is why we have put plans in place for continuous training of all our staff at regular interval and also liaising with stake holder in the industry to contribute our quotas in the way baking equipment and accessories should be designed and fabricated to meet the ever changing demand of the baking and confectionery industry.
No doubt the demand for cupcakes and other baked foods is not going to plummet any time soon, which is why we have put plans in place to continue to explore all available market around the communities where we intend retailing our cupcakes. In the nearest future, we will ensure that we create a wide range of distribution channels via franchising. With that, we know we will be able to maximize profits in our business.
Our strongest selling point at Isabella House of Cupcakes™ is the unique taste of the different flavors of cupcakes that we sell. There is hardly any customer that will taste our cupcakes who would not want to come back and make more purchase – we take delight in welcoming repeated customers over and over again.
Isabella House of Cupcakes™ will at all times demonstrate her commitment to sustainability, both individually and as a firm, by actively participating in our communities and integrating sustainable business practices wherever possible. We will ensure that we hold ourselves accountable to the highest standards by meeting our customers’ needs precisely and completely. We will cultivate a working environment that provides a human, sustainable approach to earning a living, and living in our world, for our partners, employees and for our customers.
Our plan is to position our cupcake business to become the leading brand in the cupcake line of business in the whole of Fairhope – Alabama, and also to be amongst the top 2 cupcake brand in the whole of Alabama within the first 5 years of starting our business. This might look too tall a dream, but we are optimistic that this will surely come to pass because we have done our research and feasibility studies and we are enthusiastic and confident that Fairhope is the right place to launch this type of business before spreading to other cities all across the State of Alabama.
- Our Product and Services
At Isabella House of Cupcakes™ we deal in all forms and flavors of cupcakes. We will bake and retail cupcakes made in different designs, different variants, different themes, and different flavors and of course different packaging just to appeal to our target market.
As part our strategy to create multiple sources of income in line with our core business concept, we will run an in – house and community based consultancy service and trainings as it relates to cupcakes and other baked foods. Our intention of starting Isabella House of Cupcakes™ is to make profits from the industry and we will do all that is permitted by the law in the US to achieve our aim and ambition.
- Our Vision Statement
Our vision as a community based cupcake making and retailing business is to become the number one choice in the whole of Fairhope and also to be amongst the top 2leading cupcake baking and retailing companies in the State of Alabama before our 5th anniversary.
- Our Mission Statement
Our mission is to build a cupcake baking and retailing business that will grow from an in – house baker to a standard bakery whose products can be found in different locations all around Alabama.
- Our Business Structure
As part of our plan to build a top flight community based cupcake baking and retailing business in Fairhope – Alabama, we have perfected plans to get it right from the onset which is why we are going the extra mile to ensure that we have competent employees to occupy all the available positions in our company.
The picture of the kind of community based cupcake baking and retailing business we intend building and the business goals we want to achieve is what informed the amount we are ready to spend to ensure that we build a standard in – house bakery, dedicated workforce and robust distribution network.
Below is the business structure that we will build Isabella House of Cupcakes™ on;
- Chief Executive Officer (Owner)
- Bakery Manager
- Human Resources and Admin Manager
- Sales and Marketing Officer
- Accountants / Cashiers
- Bakers / Casual Workers
- Drivers / Distributors
- Customer Service Executives
Roles and Responsibilities
Chief Baker / Chief Executive Officer – CEO (Owner):
- Increases management’s effectiveness by recruiting, selecting, orienting, training, coaching, counseling, and disciplining managers; communicating values, strategies, and objectives; assigning accountabilities; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results; developing incentives; developing a climate for offering information and opinions; providing educational opportunities.
- Creating, communicating, and implementing the organization’s vision, mission, and overall direction – i.e. leading the development and implementation of the overall organization’s strategy.
- Responsible for fixing prices and signing business deals
- Responsible for providing direction for the business
- Creates, communicates, and implements the organization’s vision, mission, and overall direction – i.e. leading the development and implementation of the overall organization’s strategy.
- Responsible for signing checks and documents on behalf of the company
- Evaluates the success of the organization
- Responsible for overseeing the smooth running of the bakery
- Part of the team that determines the quantity of cupcakes that are to be produced daily
- Make lists and budget for bakery supplies
- Oversee the entire bakery process
- Responsible for training new bakers
- Makes sure that quality in maintained at all times
- Map out strategy that will lead to efficiency amongst workers in the bakery
- Responsible for training, evaluation and assessment of the workforce
- Ensures that the steady flow of both raw materials (flours, sugar, foils and other packaging materials et al) to the bakery and easy flow of finished products (cupcakes) through wholesale distributors and retailers to the market
- Ensures operation of equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; calling for repairs.
- Ensures that the bakery meets the expected safety and health standard at all times.
Human Resources and Admin Manager
- Responsible for overseeing the smooth running of HR and administrative tasks for the organization
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Enhances department and organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Defines job positions for recruitment and managing interviewing process
- Carries out staff induction for new team members
- Responsible for training, evaluation and assessment of employees
- Oversees the smooth running of the daily business activities.
Sales and Marketing Manager
- Manages external research and coordinate all the internal sources of information to retain the organizations’ best customers and attract new ones
- Model demographic information and analyze the volumes of transactional data generated by customer purchases
- Identifies, prioritizes, and reaches out to new partners, and business opportunities et al
- Responsible for supervising implementation, advocate for the customer’s needs, and communicate with customers
- Develops, executes and evaluates new plans for expanding increase sales
- Documents all customer contact and information
- Represents the company in strategic meetings
- Helps increase sales and growth for the company
Bakers / Casual Workers
- Responsible for preparing different flavor and style for cupcakes and all our bakery products
- Responsible for carrying out all casual or unskilled jobs in the bakery
- Responsible for operating sealing and packaging machines
- Handles any other duty as assigned by the bakery manager
Accountant / Cashier
- Responsible for preparing financial reports, budgets, and financial statements for the organization
- Provides managements with financial analyses, development budgets, and accounting reports; analyzes financial feasibility for the most complex proposed projects; conducts market research to forecast trends and business conditions.
- Responsible for financial forecasting and risks analysis.
- Performs cash management, general ledger accounting, and financial reporting
- Responsible for developing and managing financial systems and policies
- Responsible for administering payrolls
- Ensures compliance with taxation legislation
- Handles all financial transactions for the organization
- Serves as internal auditor for the organization
Distribution Van Drivers:
- Delivers customer’s orders promptly
- Runs errand for the organization
- Any other duty as assigned by the sales and marketing executive and bakery manager
Client Service Executive
- Ensures that all contacts with customer (e-mail, walk-In center, SMS or phone) provides the client with a personalized customer service experience of the highest level
- Through interaction with customers on the phone, uses every opportunity to build client’s interest in the company’s products and services
- Manages administrative duties assigned by the store manager in an effective and timely manner
- Consistently stays abreast of any new information on Isabella House of Cupcakes™ products, promotional campaigns etc. to ensure accurate and helpful information is supplied to customers when they make enquiries
- Responsible for cleaning the bakery facility at all times
- Ensure that toiletries and supplies don’t run out of stock
- Cleans both the interior and exterior of the bakery facility
- Any other duty as assigned by the bakery manager.
Cupcake Shop Business Plan – SWOT Analysis
Due to our drive for excellence when it comes to running a cupcake baking and retailing business, we were able to engage some of the finest business consultants in Fairhope – Alabama to look through our business concept and together we were able to critically examine the prospect of the business and to access ourselves to be sure we have what it takes to run a standard cupcake baking and retailing business that can compete favorably in the baking and confectionery industry.
In view of that, we were able to take stock of our strengths, our weakness, our opportunities and also the threats that we are likely going to be exposed to in Fairhope – Alabama and also in other cities that we intend retailing our cupcakes.
Here is a preview of what we got from the critically conducted SWOT Analysis Isabella House of Cupcakes™;
Our strength lies in the fact that we deal in all forms and flavors of cupcakes. We will bake and retail cupcakes made in different designs, different variants, different themes, and different flavors and of course different packaging just to appeal to our target market. We have state of the art bakery facility and equipment that has positioned us to meet the demand of cupcakes even if the demand tripled over night or if we have a massive order to meet and emergency need.
Another factor that counts to our advantage is the background of our Chief Executive Office; she has a robust experience in the industry and also a pretty good academic qualification to match the experience acquired which has placed her amongst the top flight professionals in the United States of America. We are not ignoring the fact that offering consultancy services and running a standard and accredited training center is definitely going to count as a positive for us.
The fact that we are setting up a cupcake baking and retailing business in a city with other smaller and larger cupcake businesses might likely pose a challenge for us in breaking into the already saturated market in Fairhope – Alabama. In essence our chosen location might be our weakness. But never the less, we have plans to launch out with a big bang. We know with that, we will be able to create a positive impression and we have a proper handle when it comes to building on already gather momentum.
The opportunities available to us are unlimited. Loads of people consume cupcakes on a daily basis and all what we are going to do to push our cupcakes to them is already perfected. There are also loads of people who would want to learn how to bake cupcakes and they will readily find our government approved cupcake baking training classes highly ideal for them to fulfill that goal.
The threat that is likely going to confront us is the fact that we are competing with already established cupcake baking and retailing businesses in Fairhope – Alabama and also there are other entrepreneurs who are likely going to launch similar business within the location of our business. Of course, they will compete with us in winning over the available market. Another threat that we are likely going to face is unfavorable government policies and economic downturn. Usually economic downturn affects purchasing / spending powers.
Cupcake Bakery Business Plan – MARKET ANALYSIS
- Market Trends
It is common trend in the bakery and confectionery industry to find bakers trying to outsmart one another. No doubt, those in the cupcake industry are known to be extremely creative which is why they could come up with cupcakes in different designs, different variants, different themes, different flavors and of course different packaging just to appeal to their target market.
Another trend is that some cupcake baking and retailing companies have gone beyond only selling their products in their stores to taking it out to people in parks, sport centers and public places through vans and mobile food trucks. Some cupcake baking and retailing companies have even gone ahead to start retailing their cupcakes to the public through vending machines /cupcake ATM just like the owner of Sprinkle Cupcakes Candace Nelson did and some can just open a shop or kiosk in a street corner strictly for the sale of cupcakes.; it is one of the strategies that is helping them gain a huge market share.
- Our Target Market
When it comes to retailing cupcakes, there is indeed a wide range of available customers. In essence, our target market can’t be restricted to just a group of people, but all those who love cupcakes and those who would want to try it out.
One thing is certain; there are no restrictions to the demographic and psychographics composition of the target market for cupcakes. Adults and children all consume cupcakes; the demography is all encompassing which is why you can find cupcakes been served in wedding receptions, birthday parties, children’s parties, school graduation parties, baby shower, and a whole lot of events and parties.
This goes to show that the target market for cupcake is wide and far reaching, you can create your own make niche yourself to serve a specific purpose.
In view of that, we have conducted our market research and we have ideas of what our target market would be expecting from us. We are in business to engage in wholesale distribution and to retail a wide range of cupcake flavors to the following groups of people;
- School Children
- Sport Lovers / Fans ( In Stadiums during live sport events)
- International and Local Tourists
- Corporate Organizations
- Families / Households in and around your neighborhood
- Churches and other religious centers
- Event Planners and Wedding Planners
- Everyone who resides in our target locations.
Our Competitive Advantage
First and foremost, the fact that anybody with baking skills can decide to start cupcake business means that the business is open to all and sundry, hence it is expected that there will be a high – level of competition in the industry. There is hardly any busy community or even street that you won’t find one or more people retailing cupcakes.
As a cupcake baking and retailing business, we know that gaining a competitive edge requires a detailed analysis of the demographics of the surrounding area and the nature of existing competitors. And even if you are successful at first, new competitors could enter your market at any time to steal your regular customers. Hence we will not hesitate to adopt successful strategies from our competitors.
We are going to be one of the very few cupcake baking and retailing business in Fairhope – Alabama with vending machines in various locations in the city.
Another competitive advantage that we have is the vast experience of our management team, we have people on board who are highly experienced and understands how to grow business from the scratch to becoming a national phenomenon. So also the wide varieties of cupcake flavors et al that we produce, our large robust distribution network and of course our excellent customer service culture will definitely count as a strong strength for the business.
One thing is certain, we will ensure that in future, we open our outlets in various cities in the United States of America and also sell our franchise. With that our brand will be well communicated and accepted nationally.
Cupcake Shop Business Plan – SALES AND MARKETING STRATEGY
- Sources of Income
Isabella House of Cupcakes™ is established with the aim of maximizing profits in the bakery and confectionery industry in the United States of America and we are going to go all the way to ensure that we do all it takes to retail all forms and flavors of cupcakes. We will bake and retail cupcakes made in different designs, different variants, different themes, and different flavors and of course different packaging just to appeal to our target market.
As part our strategy to create multiple sources of income in line with our core business concept, we will run an in – house and community based consultancy service and trainings as it relates to cupcakes and other baked foods.
- Sales Forecast
It is important to state that our sales forecast is based on the data gathered during our feasibility studies, market survey and also some of the assumptions readily available on the field.
Below are the sales projections that we were able to come up with for the first three years of operations;
- First Year-:$100,000
- Second Year-: $250,000
- Third Year-: $500,000
N.B: This projection is done based on what is obtainable in the industry and with the assumption that there won’t be any major economic meltdown and the arrival of a competitor in same location as ours within the period stated above. Please note that the above projection might be lower and at the same time it might be higher.
Cupcake Shop Business Plan – Marketing Strategy and Sales Strategy
Before choosing a location to launch Isabella House of Cupcakes™ and also the kind of cupcake flavors to produce, we conduct a thorough market survey and feasibility studies in order for us to be able to be able to penetrate the available market in the cities where we intend positioning our business.
We have detailed information and data that we were able to utilize to structure our business to attract the numbers of customers we want to attract per time and also for our products to favorable compete with other leading cupcake baking and retailing brands in Fairhope – Alabama and the whole of the United States of America.
We hired experts who have good understanding of the baking and confectionery industry to help us develop marketing strategies that will help us achieve our business goal of winning a larger percentage of the available market in Fairhope and other cities in Alabama where we intend retailing our cupcakes.
In other to continue to be in business and grow, we must continue to sell our cupcake to the available market which is why we will go all out to empower or sales and marketing team to deliver our corporate sales goals. In summary, Isabella House of Cupcakes™ will adopt the following sales and marketing approach to sell our wide range of cupcake flavors;
- Introduce our cupcake brand by sending introductory letters to residence, merchants and other stakeholders both in Fairhope and in other cities in the State of Alabama
- Open our cupcake business with a party so as to capture the attention of residence who are our first targets
- Engage in road show in targeted communities from time to time to sell our products
- Advertise our products in community based newspapers, local TV and radio stations
- List our business and products on yellow pages ads (local directories)
- Leverage on the internet to promote our cupcake brands
- Engage in direct marketing and sales
- Encourage the use of Word of mouth marketing (referrals)
Cupcake Shop Business Plan – Publicity and Advertising Strategy
Regardless of the fact that our community based cupcake business is a standard one with a wide range of flavors and products that can favorably compete with other leading brands in the United States of America, we will still go ahead to intensify publicity for all our products and brand. We are going to explore all available means to promote Isabella House of Cupcakes™.
Isabella House of Cupcakes™ has a long term plan of opening outlets in various locations all around the United States of America and also to sell our franchise which is why we will deliberately build our brand to be well accepted in Fairhope before venturing out to other cities in the United States of America. As a matter of fact, our publicity and advertising strategy is not solely for selling our products but to also effectively communicate our brand.
Here are the platforms we intend leveraging on to promote and advertise Isabella House of Cupcakes™;
- Place adverts on both print (community based newspapers and magazines) and electronic media platforms
- Sponsor relevant community programs
- Leverage on the internet and social media platforms like; Instagram, Facebook , twitter, et al to promote our brand
- Install our Bill Boards on strategic locations all around major cities in the State of Alabama
- Engage in road show from time to time in targeted communities
- Distribute our fliers and handbills in target areas
- Position our Flexi Banners at strategic positions in the location where we intend getting customers to start patronizing our cupcakes.
- Ensure that all our staff members wear our customized clothes, and all our official cars and distribution vans are customized and well branded.
Our Pricing Strategy
When it comes to pricing for products such as cupcakes, there are no hard and fast rules, the prices depend on the size and packaging. Generally, the prize for cupcakes and similar products like cookies and confectioneries are affordable hence there is no need to employ any detailed strategies when it comes to fixing price.
In view of that, our prices will conform to what is obtainable in the industry but will ensure that within the first 3 to 6 months our cupcakes are sold a little bit below the average prices of various cupcake brands in the United States of America. We have put in place business strategies that will help us run on low profits for a period of 6 months; it is a way of encouraging people to buy into our brands.
- Payment Options
At Isabella House of Cupcakes™, our payment policy is all inclusive because we are quite aware that different people prefer different payment options as it suits them. Here are the payment options that will be available in every of our outlets;
- Payment by cash
- Payment via Point of Sale (POS) Machine
- Payment via online bank transfer (online payment portal)
- Payment via Mobile money
In view of the above, we have chosen banking platforms that will help us achieve our payment plans without any itches.
- Start – Up Expenditure (Budget)
When it comes to starting a cupcake business, loads of factors influences the amount that will be required to successful launch the business. Factors like the location you intend starting the business, the size of cupcake business you want to start i.e. the number of outlets / shops et al, and of course the state of the economy as at when you intend start the business.
We know that no matter where we intend starting our cupcake business, we would be required to fulfill most of the items listed below;
- The Fee for registering the business in the United States -$725.
- The budget for legal fees, insurance, permits and license – $3,000
- The amount needed to build a standard in – house bakery and renovation of the facility inclusive – $20,000.
- The Cost for the purchase of kitchen / baking equipment and gadgets (industrial ovens, fridges, smoke detector, TVs, microwave oven, Pans, Foils, Sound System, tables and chairs et al) – $5,000.
- The Cost for supply of flour and other baking ingredients for a month – $1,000.
- The Cost of Launching a Website – $600
- The cost opening party – $5,000
- Additional Expenditure (Business cards, Signage, Adverts and Promotions et al) – $5,000
Going by the report from our research and feasibility studies, we will need an average of $50,000 to start a small scale but standard cupcake business in Alabama, United States of America.
Generating Funding / Startup Capital for Isabella House of Cupcakes™
Isabella House of Cupcakes™ is a family business that is owned and financed by Mrs. Isabella Welsh – Carrington and Family. They do not intend to welcome any external business partner which is why he has decided to restrict the sourcing of the start – up capital to 3 major sources.
These are the areas we intend generating our start – up capital;
- Generate part of the start – up capital from personal savings and sell of stocks
- Source for soft loans from family members and friends
- Apply for loan from my Bank
N.B: We have been able to generate about $20,000 (Personal savings $15,000 and soft loan from family members $5,000) and we are at the final stages of obtaining a loan facility of $30,000 from our bank. All the papers and document have been signed and submitted, the loan has been approved and any moment from now our account will be credited with the amount.
Cupcake Shop Business Plan – Sustainability and Expansion Strategy
The future of a business lies in the numbers of loyal customers that they have the capacity and competence of the employees, their investment strategy and the business structure. If any of these factors is missing from a business (company), then it won’t be too long before the business close shop.
Isabella House of Cupcakes™ will ensure that all the factors listed above are reinforced on a regular basis, we will continue to improvise with our products, come up with pleasant and acceptable flavors and also we will engage in continuous capacity building of our workforce. As a matter of fact, profit-sharing arrangement will be made available to all our management staff and it will be based on their performance for a period of five years or more.
We will make sure that the right foundation, structures and processes are put in place to ensure that staff welfare is well taken of. Our company’s corporate culture is designed to drive our business to greater heights and training and re – training of our workforce is at the top burner.
Check List / Milestone
- Business Name Availability Check: Completed
- Business Registration: Completed
- Opening of Corporate Bank Accounts: Completed
- Securing Point of Sales (POS) Machines: Completed
- Opening Mobile Money Accounts: Completed
- Opening Online Payment Platforms: Completed
- Application and Obtaining Tax Payer’s ID: In Progress
- Application for business license and permit: Completed
- Purchase of Insurance for the Business: Completed
- Leasing of facility and construction of in – house bakery: In Progress
- Conducting Feasibility Studies: Completed
- Generating capital from family members: Completed
- Applications for Loan from the bank: In Progress
- Writing of Business Plan: Completed
- Drafting of Employee’s Handbook: Completed
- Drafting of Contract Documents and other relevant Legal Documents: In Progress
- Design of The Company’s Logo: Completed
- Graphic Designs and Printing of Packaging Marketing / Promotional Materials: In Progress
- Recruitment of employees: In Progress
- Purchase of the Needed furniture, racks, shelves, computers, electronic appliances, office appliances and CCTV: In progress
- Creating Official Website for the Company: In Progress
- Creating Awareness for the business both online and around the community: In Progress
- Health and Safety and Fire Safety Arrangement (License): Secured
- Opening party / launching party planning: In Progress
- Establishing business relationship with vendors – wholesale suppliers / merchants: In Progress
- Purchase of delivery vans: Completed