Are you about starting a digital marketing agency? If YES, here’s a complete sample digital marketing agency business plan template & feasibility report you can use for FREE to raise money.
Okay, so we have considered all the requirements for starting a digital marketing agency. We also took it further by analyzing and drafting a sample digital marketing agency marketing plan template backed up by actionable guerrilla marketing ideas for digital marketing agencies. So let’s proceed to the business planning section.
Table of Content
- Executive Summary
- Market Analysis
- SWOT Analysis
- Financial Projection
- Marketing Plan
- Marketing ideas & Strategies
Over the years, loads of stuff has changed especially the way businesses are conducted and the marketing strategies that people employ to market their goods and services. The advent of the computer and later the internet and other related technology gave a whole new definition of how things are supposed to be done in our world.
Why Start a Digital Marketing Agency?
Digital marketing is one of the fruits of the internet cum advancement in technology and for sure it has enabled loads of entrepreneur to launch multi-million dollars international businesses; businesses with clientele base that cut across geographical boundaries.
As a matter of fact, social media marketing is perhaps the only form of marketing that can profile consumers at each and every stage of the consumer decision journey. Marketing through social media is just the way to go if indeed you want to push out your product and services to the entire globe.
If you think starting a digital marketing business sounds like what you would want to delve into, then you may want to consider writing a business plan as you build on that idea and plans. One of the good things about starting a business with a business plan is the fact that you are able to chart a good course for your business without fail.
Here below is a sample digital marketing business plan;
A Sample Digital Marketing Agency Business Plan Template
- Business Overview
Digital marketing in its simplest term is the process leveraging on modern digital technology to market goods or services or the process of pulling website traffic or attention through social media sites; they achieve this by creating content that attracts attention and encourages readers to share it across their social network platforms.
One of the major purposes of leveraging on Social Media in marketing is that it covers a wide range of target market compared to other marketing tolls. Digital marketing is general term used for the marketing of products or services using digital technology platforms, mainly on the internet, but also including mobile phones, display advertising, and any other digital medium.
Digital marketing activities are:
- Search engine optimization (SEO)
- Search engine marketing (SEM)
- Content marketing
- Influencer marketing
- Content automation
- Campaign marketing
- e-commerce marketing
- Social media marketing
- Social media optimization
- e-mail direct marketing
- Display advertising
- e–books, optical disks and games, and all other form of digital media.
It also extends to non-Internet channels that provide digital media, such as mobile phones (SMS and MMS), callback and on-hold mobile ring tones et al.
Agencies in the digital marketing agencies industry create advertising campaigns and place the advertisements across digital media outlets. Through in-house capabilities or subcontracting, the agencies provide advice, creative services, account management, production of advertising material, and media planning and buying.
The Digital Marketing Agencies Industry is indeed a very large industry and pretty much thriving in all parts of the world especially in developed countries such as United States of America, Canada, United Kingdom, Germany, Australia and Italy et al.
Statistics has it that in the United States of America alone, there are about 2,508 licensed and registered digital marketing agencies responsible for employing about 59,271 employees and the industry rakes in a whooping sum of $14billion annually with an annual growth rate projected at 0.6 percent. It is important to state that the establishments with a lion share of the available market in this industry are The Interpublic Group of Companies, Inc. and WPP.
When compared to traditional media that are often too expensive for start – ups and even SMEs, a digital marketing approach does not require expensive and out of – reach budgeting. This is why companies make use of modern technology and also platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, LinkedIn and Instagram, et al in order to reach a much wider target market as against making use of main stream marketing tools which are expensive.
Over and above, digital marketing has become an important tool for promoting ones businesses as it relates to products and services all over the world, not only to sell to customers, but also to engage them. It is now easier for organization to expand their market from local level to national and even international markets with minimum capital investment.
Digital Marketing Agency Business Plan – MARKET ANALYSIS
- Market Trends
No doubt, the Digital Marketing Agencies industry has benefited from the rapid switch from traditional print advertising to digital advertisements. As more consumers generate website traffic through the use of smartphones and tablets, businesses have purchased digital advertising services to build brand awareness across multiple screens and platforms.
In the next five years, the industry will continue to grow, as more effective advertising tools / software apps and technology platforms that measure consumer demographics are developed.
The growing trend which makes it easier for people to spend more time on the internet especially on social media networking sites is a major boost in the revenue generated by digital marketing agencies. It is not common to find players in this industry generating an increasing amount of advertising revenue per user by developing targeted advertising platforms and tools to measure the effectiveness of advertising and marketing.
This has indeed changed the ways that organizations approach to interact with customers, as a substantial percentage of consumer interactions and profiling are now being carried out over online and social media platforms with much higher visibility.
In as much as digital marketing is dependent on technology which is ever-evolving and fast-changing, the same features should be expected from digital marketing developments and strategies. This portion is an attempt to qualify or segregate the notable highlights existing and being used as of press time.
Another important factor worthy of mentioning in this industry is that the target market keep expanding, people and organizations are now seeing the need for them to have an official website and also to engage the services of digital marketing experts either in branding or packaging their products and services or in helping them directly sell their products and services to their targeted market.
Another common trend in the digital marketing agencies industry is that, most digital marketing firms no longer settle for clients within the location where their physical office is located but also from any part of the world. The truth is that with the advent of the internet, it is now easier for a digital marketing agency to work for clients in any part of the world.
A digital marketing agency can be located in the United States of America and have their biggest client in United Arab Emirates or in China. Many thanks to the power of the internet which has brought the world closer to us. Lastly, the digital marketing agencies industry will continue to evolve due to the advancement of computer technology and software applications designs et al.
- Our Target Market
Before starting our digital marketing agency, we are certain that there is a wide range of both corporate and individual clients who cannot successfully run their businesses without the services and support of a standard digital marketing agencies; a company that can help them reach out to their target market.
In view of that, we have created strategies that will enable us reach out to various corporate organizations, non – profits, government agencies and individual who we know can’t afford to do without our services. We have conducted our market research and survey and we will ensure that we meet and surpass the expectations of our clients
Below is a list of the people and organizations that we have specifically market our services to;
- Banks, Insurance Companies and other related Financial Institutions
- Blue Chips Companies
- Corporate Organizations
- Manufacturers and Distributors
- Real Estate Owners, Developers, and Contractors
- Research and Development Companies
- The Government (Public Sector)
- Schools (High Schools, Colleges and Universities)
- Celebrities, Politicians, Public Figures and Public Speakers
- Sport Organizations
- Religious Organizations
- Political Parties
- Television Stations
- Printing Press (Publishing Houses) and Authors
- Branding and Advertising agencies
- Aspiring celebrities
- Entrepreneurs and Start – Ups
Our Competitive Advantage
Surviving in the business world as a digital marketing agency requires more than, your expertise, knowing how to conduct your business but also how to network with key people that matters; decision makers that can decide who will get a contract or a business deal.
We are quite aware that to be highly competitive in the digital marketing agencies industry means that you are not only expected to be able to deliver consistent and excellent services, but you must be result driven and able to meet set targets. No one would want to continue to hire your services if don’t always meet up with the target sales the organization intends to generate when they hired you.
Our competitive advantage lies in the power of our team; our workforce. We have a team of creative, result driven and highly proficient digital marketing experts, a team with excellent qualifications and experience various niche areas in the digital marketing agencies industry and other related industry.
Aside from the synergy that exists in our carefully selected digital marketing experts, our services will be measurable, result driven and guided by best practices in the industry.
Lastly, all our employees will be well taken care of, and their welfare package will be among the best within our category (startups digital marketing agencies in the United States) in the industry. It will enable them to be more than willing to build the business with us and help deliver our set goals and achieve all our business aims and objectives.
Digital Marketing Agency Business Plan – SALES AND MARKETING STRATEGY
We are mindful of the fact that there is stiffer competition in the social media marketing industry; hence we have been able to hire some of the best marketing experts to handle our sales and marketing.
Our sales and marketing team will be recruited based on their vast experience in the digital marketing agencies industry and they will be trained on a regular basis so as to be well equipped to meet their targets and the overall business goal of Zebra Plus Digital Marketing Consulting™, LLC.
Our corporate goal is to grow Grapevine Marketing Consulting™, LLC to become one of the leading social media marketing brands in the United States of America which is why we have mapped out strategy that will help us take advantage of the available market and grow to become a major force to reckon with not only in the United States of America but also in other parts of the world.
Zebra Plus Digital Marketing Consulting™, LLC is set to make use of the following marketing and sales strategies to attract clients;
- Introduce our digital marketing agency by sending introductory letters alongside our brochure to individuals, corporate organizations, government agencies, non – profits, religious organizations and key stake holders.
- Promptness in bidding for digital marketing contracts from the government and other cooperate organizations
- Advertise our business in relevant business magazines, newspapers, TV stations, and radio station.
- List our business on yellow pages ads (local directories)
- Attend relevant international and local expos, seminars, and business fairs et al
- Create different packages for different category of clients in order to work with their budgets and still deliver excellent design and services
- Leverage on the internet to promote our business
- Engage direct marketing approach
- Encourage word of mouth marketing from loyal and satisfied clients
Our Pricing Strategy
At Zebra Plus Digital Marketing Consulting™, LLC we will keep the prices of our services below the average market rate for all of our customers by keeping our overhead low and by collecting payment in advance from corporate organizations who would hire our services.
In addition, we will also offer special discounted rates to all our customers at regular intervals. We are aware that there are some one – off jobs or government contracts which are always lucrative, we will ensure that we abide by the pricing model that is expected from contractors or organizations that bid for such contracts.
- Payment Options
At Zebra Plus Digital Marketing Consulting™, LLC, our payment policy will be all inclusive because we are quite aware that different people prefer different payment options as it suits them. Here are the payment options that we will make available to our clients;
- Payment by via bank transfer
- Payment via online bank transfer
- Payment via check
- Payment via bank draft
- Payment via mobile money
- Payment with cash
In view of the above, we have chosen banking platforms that will help us achieve our plans with little or no itches.
Digital Marketing Agency Business Plan – Publicity and Advertising Strategy
We have been able to work with our in house brand and publicity consultants to help us map out publicity and advertising strategies that will help us walk our way into the heart of our target market. We are set to become the number one choice for both corporate clients and individual clients in the whole of the United States and beyond which is why we have made provisions for effective publicity and advertisement of our digital marketing agency.
Below are the platforms we intend to leverage on to promote and advertise Zebra Plus Digital Marketing Consulting™, LLC;
- Place adverts on both print (newspapers and magazines) and electronic media platforms
- Sponsor relevant community based events / programs
- Leverage on the internet and social media platforms like; Instagram, Facebook , twitter, YouTube, Google + et al to promote our services
- Install our Bill Boards on strategic locations all around Cape May – New Jersey.
- Engage in road show from time to time in targeted neighborhoods
- Distribute our fliers and handbills in target areas
- Contact corporate organizations, non – profits and government agencies by calling them up and informing them of Zebra Plus Digital Marketing Consulting™, LLC and the services we offer
- List our digital marketing agency in local directories / yellow pages
- Advertise our digital marketing agency in our official website and employ strategies that will help us pull traffic to the site.
- Ensure that all our staff members wear our branded shirts and all our vehicles are well branded with our company logo et al.
Generating Funding / Startup Capital for Zebra Plus Digital Marketing Consulting™, LLC
Zebra Plus Digital Marketing Consulting™, LLC is a business that will be owned, financed and managed by Rooney Wilberforce and his friend and business partner for many years Festus Holloway. They are the sole financial of the business which is why they decided to restrict the sourcing of the start – up capital for the business to just three major sources.
These are the areas we intend generating our start – up capital;
- Generate part of the start – up capital from personal savings and sale of his stocks
- Generate part of the start – up capital from friends and other extended family members
- Generate a larger chunk of the startup capital from the bank (loan facility).
N.B: We have been able to generate about $100,000 (Personal savings $85,000 and soft loan from family members $15,000) and we are at the final stages of obtaining a loan facility of $150,000 from our bank. All the papers and document has been duly signed and submitted, the loan has been approved and any moment from now our account will be credited.
DIGITAL MARKETING BUSINESS GROWTH: Sustainability and Expansion Strategy
The future of a business lies in the numbers of loyal customers that they have the capacity and competence of the employees, their investment strategy and the business structure. If all of these factors are missing from a business (company), then it won’t be too long before the business close shop.
One of our major goals of starting Zebra Plus Digital Marketing Consulting™, LLC is to build a business that will survive off its own cash flow without the need for injecting finance from external sources once the business is officially running.
We know that one of the ways of gaining approval and winning customers over is to offer our digital marketing services and other related advisory and consulting services a little bit cheaper than what is obtainable in the market and we are well prepared to survive on lower profit margin for a while.
Zebra Plus Digital Marketing Consulting™, LLC will make sure that the right foundation, structures and processes are put in place to ensure that our staff welfare are well taken of. Our company’s corporate culture is designed to drive our business to greater heights and training and re – training of our workforce is at the top burner of our business strategy.
As a matter of fact, profit-sharing arrangement will be made available to all our management staff and it will be based on their performance for a period of three years or more as determined by the board of the organization. We know that if that is put in place, we will be able to successfully hire and retain the best hands we can get in the industry; they will be more committed to help us build the business of our dreams.
Check List / Milestone
- Business Name Availability Check: Completed
- Business Incorporation: Completed
- Opening of Corporate Bank Accounts various banks in the United States: Completed
- Opening Online Payment Platforms: Completed
- Application and Obtaining Tax Payer’s ID: In Progress
- Securing a standard office facility in a good location: Completed
- Application for business license and permit: Completed
- Purchase of All form of Insurance for the Business: Completed
- Conducting Feasibility Studies: Completed
- Generating part of the start – up capital from the founders: Completed
- Writing of Business Plan: Completed
- Drafting of Employee’s Handbook: Completed
- Drafting of Contract Documents: In Progress
- Design of Logo for the business: Completed
- Secure trademark for our products: In Progress
- Graphic Designs and Printing of Packaging Marketing / Promotional Materials: Completed
- Recruitment of employees: In Progress
- Purchase of the Needed furniture, office equipment, software applications, electronic appliances and facility facelift: In Progress
- Creating Official Website for the business: In Progress
- Creating Awareness for the business: In Progress
- Health and Safety and Fire Safety Arrangement: In Progress
- Establishing business relationship with vendors and key players in various industries: In Progress