Are you about starting a financial advisory business online? If YES, here is a complete sample financial advisory business plan template & feasibility report you can use for FREE.
Okay, so we have considered all the requirements for starting a financial advisory business. We also took it further by analyzing and drafting a sample financial advisory service marketing plan template backed up by actionable guerrilla marketing ideas for financial advisory firms. So let’s proceed to the business planning section.
Indeed there are loads of business ideas that abound. However, it is pertinent to note that these business ideas are not such that can be started without first of all adequately preparing for them. It is important to prepare for a business, so that you aren’t caught unawares when the reality of the trade hits you.
One of the trades which you may consider to readily commence is the financial advisor business. This is isn’t a skill set to be acquired. However, there is need to be well versed in the knowledge of it. After that has been done, all other things can follow.
What Does It Take to Start a Financial Advisory Service?
One of the things that readily follow the zeal and enthusiasm to own a business as being a financial advisor is drawing up a business plan. This is one of the greatest steps that you can take if you want to start out with the right map in place.
Also, writing a business plan might not be something that comes across pretty easy. It is for this reason that there are loads of business plan writers who smile to the banks time and again. If you think you may not fancy the idea of having someone write the business plan for you because of the fees involved, you may consider using a business plan template.
Here below is a sample financial advisory business plan.
A Sample Financial Advisory Business Plan Template
- Financial Advisory Industry Overview
Talking about financial service industry wouldn’t be complete without first talking about financial advisors. The basic responsibility of a financial advisor firm is to offer their clients with financial products and services, subject to the licenses / professional certifications they possess and the training they have had. A financial advisor may create financial plans for clients or sell financial products, or a combination of both.
Furthermore, financial consulting firm provide their customers with specialist advice on how to manage their finances. They carry out their jobs by researching the marketplace and recommending the most appropriate financial products and services available. They also ensure that their clients are aware of the product and also understand the product that best meet their needs and before sealing a business deal.
Financial advisors are known to sell some financial products such as; employee pension schemes to companies or offering mortgage, pension or investment advice to private clients who can afford it. Some financial consulting firm are generalists; they offer financial related advice to clients in all of these areas, as well as saving plans and insurance.
The financial consulting industry is expected to be one of the fastest-growing industries over the next decade, with a projected growth rate of 30 percent through 2024, based on the report released by the Labor Department. That obviously is an additional 73,900 new positions on top of the 249,400 jobs financial advisors held in 2014. So also the retirement of baby boomers in need of financial planning advice will facilitate appreciable growth in the industry.
If you are tinkering with the idea of becoming a financial advisor or starting a financial consulting business, you would need to acquire financial expertise and also an aspiration to help people. Basically you would need a bachelor’s degree from financial related course or business related course. Aside from a bachelor’s degree in related financial discipline, you would also need professional certifications.
Basically, The Certified Financial Planner exam is required to become a CFP –a distinction that looks good to employers. You can also acquire other related designations if you want to specialize in a certain area of financial planning. For example, you can also complete the necessary certification exam to acquire the Chartered Retirement Plans Specialist, or CRPS, designation.
Over and above, as a financial consulting firm, your core responsibility is to improve your client’s finance by effecting changes in response to your analysis; you should be able to change the fortune of their finance within an agreed time – line. Individuals and even organizations are willing to pay expensive fees as long as they are going to get results. No business person will be willing to pay you for a financial consulting service if you don’t have a track record that shows that you know what you are doing. It is one thing to convince a client to patronize your financial consulting services and it another thing for you to deliver solutions as agreed.
Lastly, one good thing about the financial consulting industry is that there is readily available market for their services simply because individuals and even organizations naturally would want to improve and effectively manage their finance. So if you are well positioned and you know how to deliver results as a financial advisor, you will always smile to the bank.
Financial Advisory Business Plan – Executive Summary
Darlington & Williams Financial Advisors, LLP is a standard financial Consulting firm that will be located in the heart of Madison Street, New York City, New York. The firm is going to operate as a standard financial consulting firm with bias in offering financial advice and financial management, financial planning and wealth management to our highly esteem clients. Our services will also cover areas such as; Auditing, Accounting and Financial Services Consulting, Tax Consulting, Insurance Consulting, and any other related financial services.
We are quite aware that financial consulting businesses these days require diverse and sophisticated approach; which is why we will position our financial consulting firm to offer a wide range of financial consulting services as requested by our clients.
Darlington & Williams Financial Advisors, LLP is a client-focused and result driven business financial consulting firm that provides broad-based results at an affordable fee that won’t in any way put a hole in the pocket of our clients. We will offer a complete range of financial consulting services to both individual and corporate clients and we will ensure that we work hard to provide the required services and financial solutions needed by our clients to accomplish their retirement or financial goals and objectives.
At Darlington & Williams Financial Advisors, LLP, our client’s best interest come first and everything we do is guided by our values and professional ethics. We will ensure that we hire financial consultants who are well experienced in a wide variety of financial consulting and wealth management et al.
We will ensure that we hold ourselves accountable to the highest standards by meeting our client’s needs precisely and completely. We will cultivate a working environment that provides a human, sustainable approach to earning a living, and living in our world, for our partners, employees and for our clients.
Darlington & Williams Financial Advisors, LLP will at all time demonstrate her commitment to sustainability, both individually and as a firm, by actively participating in our communities and integrating sustainable business practices wherever possible.
Darlington & Williams Financial Advisors, LLP is founded by Darlington Schneider (MBA, CFP®) and his business partner Williams Sinclair (MBA, CFP®). The organization will be managed by both of them. They both have extensive experience in a diverse range of finance consulting, wealth creation and wealth management. The combination of their experiences revolves around being a stockbroker, finance manager, financial adviser, financial consultant, wealth manager, investment banker, financial planner, investment advisor, investment consultant, investment representative, branch manager, broker and certified financial planner (CFP®)
- Our Product and Services
Darlington & Williams Financial Advisors, LLP is going to offer a variety of financial advisory services within the scope of the financial consulting industry in the United States of America. Our intention of starting our financial advisor firm is to make profits from the industry and we will do all that is permitted by the law in the United States to achieve our corporate goals and objectives.
Our business offering are listed below;
- Investment (Business Portfolio) Management
- Financial Advisory Services
- Wealth Creation and Wealth Management
- Asset Management
- Mortgage, Pension, Retirement and Investment Advisory Services
- Income Tax Preparation
- Financial Auditing
- Estate Planning
- Budgeting and Financial Planning
- Accounting and Financial Services Consulting
- Tax Consulting
- Insurance Consulting
Our Vision Statement
Our vision is to provide our clients with highly professional financial advisory services; giving them good value for their money. We strive to handle each client with accountability and responsiveness, as if we are managing our own finance. We focus our attention on the providing workable financial solutions for our clients so that our clients can focus their attention on other aspect of their lives. Our vision reflects our values: integrity, service, excellence and teamwork.
- Our Mission Statement
Our mission is to make available professional and trusted financial advisory services that assist individual and corporate organizations in operating sustainably. We provide workable financial advisory services in combination with our own business backgrounds, and deliver valuable services in a timely and cost-effective way.
- Our Business Structure
Darlington & Williams Financial Advisors, LLP will build a solid business structure that can support the growth of our organization. We will ensure that we hire competent and well experienced hands to help us build the business of our dream.
Below is the business structure that we will build Darlington & Williams Financial Advisors, LLP on;
- Chief Executive Officer / Lead Financial Advisor
- Financial Advisors
- Financial Risk Analyst
- Legal Secretary
- Admin and HR Manager
- Business Developer
- Front Desk Officer
Roles and Responsibilities
Chief Executive Office / Chief Financial Advisor:
- Responsible for providing direction for the firm
- Creating, communicating, and implementing the organization’s vision, mission, and overall direction – i.e. leading the development and implementation of the overall organization’s strategy.
- Conducting in-depth reviews of clients’ financial circumstances, current provision and future aims
- Responsible for handling high profile clients and deals
- Responsible for fixing prices and signing business deals
- Responsible for signing checks and documents on behalf of the company
- Evaluates the success of the organization
- Reports to the board
- Responsible for drawing up contracts and other legal documents for the company
- Welcomes guests and clients by greeting them in person or on the telephone; answering or directing inquiries.
- Produces information by transcribing, formatting, inputting, editing, retrieving, copying, and transmitting text, data, and graphics; coordinating case preparation.
- Provides historical reference by developing and utilizing filing and retrieval systems; recording meeting discussions; maintaining transcripts; documenting and maintaining evidence.
- Maintains office supplies by checking stocks; placing and expediting orders; evaluating new products.
- Ensures operation of equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; calling for repairs.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Enhances department and organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
Financial Risk Analyst
- Makes recommendations to reduce or control risk, which may involve an insurance strategy
- Works with traders to calculate the risk associated with specific transactions;
- Liaises with underwriters and insurers
- Forecasts and monitoring market trends
- Considers proposed business decisions
- Conducts research to assess the severity of risk
- Conducts statistical analysis to evaluate risk and using statistical software such as SPSS and SAS
- Reviews legal documents
- Presents ideas via reports and presentations, outlining findings and making recommendations for improvements
- Purchases insurance
- Analyzes a bank’s market position and running figures through complex modeling techniques to find value at risk (VAR) measurements
- Carries out quantitative analysis
- Uses financial packages and software, including portfolio management software
- Studies government legislation, which may affect a company, and advising on compliance
- Protects the organization’s assets and public image
- Develops contingency plans to deal with emergencies.
- Contacts clients and sets up meetings, either within an office environment or in clients’ homes or business premises
- Analyzes information and preparing plans best suited to individual clients’ requirements
- Completes risk analyses
- Researches the marketplace and providing clients with information on new and existing products and services
- Designs financial strategies
- Assists clients to make informed decisions
- Researches information from various sources, including providers of financial products
- Reviews and responding to clients changing needs and financial circumstances
- Promotes and selling financial products to meet given or negotiated sales targets
- Negotiates with product suppliers for the best possible rates
- Liaises with head office and financial services providers
- Communicates with other professionals, such as estate agents, solicitors and valuers
- Keeps up to date with financial products and legislation
- Producing financial reports
- Contacts clients with news of new financial products or changes to legislation that may affect their savings and investments
- Meets the regulatory aspects of the role, e.g. requirements for disclosure, costs of the services provided and also the advised products.
- Oversees local third party property managers and leasing agents.
- Propose goals and objectives for each property.
- Assists in the preparation and approval process of property operating budgets.
- Monthly, quarterly and annual reporting of the portfolio.
- Monthly review of operating statements.
- Assists in the due diligence and underwriting of potential acquisitions.
- Financial analysis, market studies and industry standard reporting (i.e. variance reporting, discounted cash flows, IRR’s, etc.)
Admin and HR Manager
- Responsible for overseeing the smooth running of HR and administrative tasks for the organization
- Defines job positions for recruitment and managing interviewing process
- Carries out staff induction for new team members
- Responsible for training, evaluation and assessment of employees
- Responsible for arranging travel, meetings and appointments
- Oversees the smooth running of the daily office activities.
- Identifies, prioritizes, and reaches out to new partners, and business opportunities et al
- Identifies development opportunities; follows up on development leads and contacts; participates in the structuring and financing of projects; assures the completion of development projects.
- Responsible for supervising implementation, advocate for the customer’s needs, and communicate with clients
- Develops, executes and evaluates new plans for expanding increase sales
- Document all customer contact and information
- Represents the company in strategic meetings
- Helps to increase sales and growth for the company
- Responsible for preparing financial reports, budgets, and financial statements for the organization
- Provides managements with financial analyses, development budgets, and accounting reports; analyzes financial feasibility for the most complex proposed projects; conducts market research to forecast trends and business conditions.
- Responsible for financial forecasting and risks analysis.
- Performs cash management, general ledger accounting, and financial reporting for one or more properties.
- Responsible for developing and managing financial systems and policies
- Responsible for administering payrolls
- Ensures compliance with taxation legislation
- Handles all financial transactions for the company
- Serves as internal auditor for the company
Client Service Executive
- Ensures that all contacts with clients (e-mail, walk-In center, SMS or phone) provides the client with a personalized customer service experience of the highest level
- Through interaction with clients on the phone, uses every opportunity to build client’s interest in the company’s products and services
- Manages administrative duties assigned by the manager in an effective and timely manner
- Consistently stays abreast of any new information on the company’s products, promotional campaigns etc. to ensure accurate and helpful information is supplied to clients when they make enquiries
Front Desk Officer
- Receives Visitors / clients on behalf of the organization
- Receives parcels / documents for the company
- Handles enquiries via e-mail and phone calls for the organization
- Distributes mails in the organization
- Handles any other duties as assigned my the line manager
Financial Advisory Business Plan – SWOT Analysis
Darlington & Williams Financial Advisors, LLP engaged the services of a core professional in the area of business consulting and structuring to assist the firm in building a well – structured financial consulting firm that can favorably compete in the highly competitive financial consulting industry.
Part of what our team of business consultant did was to work with the management of the firm in conducting a SWOT analysis for Darlington & Williams Financial Advisors, LLP. Here is a summary from the result of the SWOT analysis that was conducted on behalf of Darlington & Williams Financial Advisors, LLP;
Our core strength lies in the power of our team; our workforce. We have a team that can go all the way to give our clients value for their money. We are well positioned and we know we will attract loads of clients from the first day we open our doors for business.
As a new financial consulting firm, it might take some time for our organization to break into the market; that is perhaps our perceived major weakness.
The opportunities in the financial consulting industry is massive (both individual clients and corporate clients) and we are ready to take advantage of any opportunity that comes our way.
Some of the threats that we are likely going to face with as a financial consulting firm operating in the United States are complex financial landscape, expanding industry compliance, regulation, fears of declining asset values, unfavorable government policies, and the arrival of a competitor within our location of operations and global economic downturn which usually affects purchasing power. There is hardly anything we could do regarding these threats other than to be optimistic that things will continue to work for our good.
Financial Advisory Business Plan – MARKET ANALYSIS
- Market Trends
In recent time, financial advisers / financial consulting firms are in the center of a larger industry wide change. With the steady advancement in technology, changing business regulation, retiring financial professionals, and innovative types of financial services are indeed impacting the trend in the industry. In view of that, financial consultants know that for them to survive the changing trends in the industry, they must ensure that the keep tap with latest happening in the industry, and also ensure that they position their organization to change and flow with the trends.
No doubt, most of the current trends affecting financial advisors today is what is responsible for the reduced fee structure in the industry. Of course the financial consulting industry is experiencing a shift from a transactional based fee structure to one that is fee based. Take for instance, the regular stock broker who is remunerated for each client trade, is going by the wayside. This obvious change in the industry puts downward pressure on the financial advisors’ profit margins.
Talking about technological advancement, experts can confidently state that it has given huger leverages to financial advisors in areas such as data management, forecasting, portfolio management and analytical tools alongside expedient and effective communication applications.
In as much as the financial advisory industry has gained leverages on technological advancement, they also experience some challenges as well. With technological advancement, it is now easier for clients to get financial advice at a pretty low fee from online financial advisors (robo – advisors) from the comfort of their homes, hotels or offices.
As a matter of fact, the introduction of strictly internet based financial advisory services makes the financial advisory industry more competitive. Despite the fact that most online – based financial advisory firms are relatively small in size, in comparison with the brick and mortar (established) financial advisor firm, their growth is explosive when compared.
Aside from the state challenges, employment may be seriously affected by the increasing number of online advisory tools, which may likely turn away clients from seeking financial advice in person.
No doubt, as the cost of financial consulting services continues to increase and as individual and corporate spending falls, new financial consulting delivery methods will continue to emerge and gain momentum going forward. In addition, the market for financial consulting services has shifted from a sellers’ market to a buyers’ market. A market where financial advisory firms provide software solutions that will make it easier for their clients to monitor their asset and progress of their investment from their smart phones or computers et al.
- Our Target Market
Although Darlington & Williams Financial Advisors, LLP will initially serve individuals clients and small to medium sized businesses, to be able to compete with the leading financial consulting firms in the United States. We hope to someday merge or acquire other smaller related consulting firms and expand our financial consulting services beyond the shores of the United States of America.
As a standard financial consulting firm, Darlington & Williams Financial Advisors, LLP have a variety of practice areas to help individual clients and corporate clients effectively manage their finance, assets and grow their wealth. While we works with a variety of organizations and different class of individuals, Darlington & Williams Financial Advisors, LLP will also specialize in working with startups, real estate investors, and contractors, manufacturers and distributors, banks, lending and financial institutions.
Our target market cuts across people of different class and people from all walks of life, local and international organizations as well. We are coming into the industry with a business concept that will enable us work with the highly placed people and companies in the country and at the same with the lowly placed people and smaller businesses. In other words, our target market is the whole of the United States of America and subsequently other parts of the world.
Below is a list of the people and organizations that we have specifically design our products and services for;
- Retirees and Pensioners
- Accredited Investors
- Business Merchants
- Businesses and Entrepreneurs
- Blue Chips Companies
- Corporate Organizations
- Manufacturers and Distributors
- Real Estate Owners, Developers, and Contractors
- The Government (Public Sector)
Our Competitive Advantage
If you take your time to closely study of the financial consulting and advisory services industry, you will realize that the market has become much more intensely competitive over the last decade. As a matter of fact, the supply of financial consultancy and advisory services has significantly exceeded demand.
This is so because there are quite a number of online based financial consultancy and advisory firm who are willing to offer their services at a much lower cost than what the conventional financial advisors offers. As a financial advisor, in other to position to take on the market, you just have to be more creative and diversify your services as against restricting your services to just a niche in the industry.
Darlington & Williams Financial Advisors, LLP might be a new entrant into the financial consulting and advisory services industry in the United States of America, but the management staffs and board members are considered gurus in their own right. They are people who are core professionals and licensed and highly qualified financial advisors in the United States. These are part of what will count as a competitive advantage for us.
Lastly, our employees will be well taken care of, and their welfare package will be among the best within our category (startups consulting firm) in the industry meaning that they will be more than willing to build the business with us and help deliver our set goals and achieve all our aims and objectives.
Financial Advisory Business Plan – SALES AND MARKETING STRATEGY
We are mindful of the fact that there is stiffer competition amongst financial consulting firms in the United States of America; hence we have been able to hire some of the best business developer to handle our sales and marketing.
Our sales and marketing team will be recruited based on their vast experience in the industry and they will be trained on a regular basis so as to be well equipped to meet their targets and the overall goal of the organization. We will also ensure that our excellent job deliveries speak for us in the market place; we want to build a standard financial consulting business that will leverage on word of mouth advertisement from satisfied clients (both individuals and organizations).
Our goal is to grow our financial consulting firm to become one of the top 10 financial consulting firms in the United States of America which is why we have mapped out strategy that will help us take advantage of the available market and grow to become a major force to reckon with not only in the U.S but in the world stage as well.
Darlington & Williams Financial Advisors, LLP is set to make use of the following marketing and sales strategies to attract clients;
- Introduce our business by sending introductory letters alongside our brochure to organizations and key stake holders in New York and other parts of the U.S.
- Promptness in bidding for consulting contracts from the government and other cooperate organizations
- Advertise our business in relevant business magazines, newspapers, TV stations, and radio station.
- List our business on yellow pages ads (local directories)
- Attend relevant international and local expos, seminars, and business fairs et al
- Create different packages for different category of clients in order to work with their budgets and still deliver quality consulting services to them
- Leverage on the internet to promote our business
- Engage direct marketing approach
- Encourage word of mouth marketing from loyal and satisfied clients
Sources of Income
Darlington & Williams Financial Advisors, LLP is established with the aim of maximizing profits in the consulting industry and we are going to go all the way to ensure that we do all it takes to attract clients on a regular basis and sign retainer – ship with most of our clients.
Darlington & Williams Financial Advisors, LLP will generate income by offering the following financial advisory services for individuals and for organizations;
- Investment (Business Portfolio) Management
- Financial Advisory Services
- Wealth Creation and Wealth Management
- Asset Management
- Mortgage, Pension, Retirement and Investment Advisory Services
- Income Tax Preparation
- Financial Auditing
- Estate Planning
- Budgeting and Financial Planning
- Accounting and Financial Services Consulting
- Tax Consulting
- Insurance Consulting
As long as there are people living in the United States of America and business men and women expanding their investment portfolio and people getting retired et al, the services of financial advisors and financial consulting firms will always be in demand.
We are well positioned to take on the available market in the U.S. and we are quite optimistic that we will meet our set target of generating enough income / profits from the first six month of operations and grow the business and our clientele base beyond New York City, New York to other states in the U.S. and even the global market.
We have been able to critically examine the financial consulting and services market and we have analyzed our chances in the industry and we have been able to come up with the following sales forecast. The sales projection is based on information gathered on the field and some assumptions that are peculiar to startups in New York.
Below is the sales projection for Darlington & Williams Financial Advisors, LLP, it is based on the location of our business consulting firm and the wide range of consulting services that we will be offering;
- First Year-: $100,000
- Second Year-: $450,000
- Third Year-: $750,000
N.B: This projection is done based on what is obtainable in the industry.
- Our Pricing Strategy
Generally, a financial adviser is remunerated either through fees, commissions, or a combination of both. For instance, a financial adviser may be paid in any of the following means; an hourly fee for advisory services. A flat fee, such as $600 per year, for an annual portfolio review or $2,500 for a financial plan. They could also be paid on commission basis especially on the securities they bought or sold for their clients such as $10 per trade et al.
Financial advisor are also paid a commission that is based on the amount a client invested in a mutual fund or variable annuity. It could also be termed a “mark-up” especially when a client buys “a property” products (such as bonds that the broker holds in inventory), or a “mark-down” when they are sold. A fee for assets under management, such as 1% annually of assets managed
Hourly billing for financial consulting and advisory services is a long – time tradition in the industry. However, for some types of consultancy services, flat fees make more sense because they allow clients to better predict consultancy costs. As a result of this, Darlington & Williams Financial Advisors, LLP will charge our clients a flat fee for many basic services such as financial advisory services and tax consulting et al.
At Darlington & Williams Financial Advisors, LLP we will keep our fees below the average market rate for all of our clients by keeping our overhead low and by collecting payment in advance. In addition, we will also offer special discounted rates to start – ups, nonprofits, cooperatives, and small social enterprises.
We are aware that there are some clients that would need regular access to financial consultancy and advisory services and assistance, we will offer flat rate for such services that will be tailored to take care of such clients’ needs.
- Payment Options
At Darlington & Williams Financial Advisors, LLP, our payment policy will be all inclusive because we are quite aware that different clients prefer different payment options as it suits them. Here are the payment options that we will make available to our clients;
- Payment by via bank transfer
- Payment via online bank transfer
- Payment via check
- Payment via bank draft
- Payment with cash
In view of the above, we have chosen banking platforms that will help us achieve our plans with little or no itches.
Financial Advisory Business Plan – Publicity and Advertising Strategy
We have been able to work with our in house consultants and other brand and publicity specialist to help us map out publicity and advertising strategies that will help us walk our way into the heart of our target market. We are set to take the financial consulting industry by storm which is why we have made provisions for effective publicity and advertisement of our consulting firm.
Below are the platforms we intend to leverage on to promote and advertise our financial consulting business;
- Introduce our business by sending introductory letters alongside our brochure to households and stake holders in the United States of America
- Advertise our financial consulting firm in business magazines, newspapers, TV stations, and radio stations et al
- Promote our financial consulting firm online via our official website and all available social media platforms
- Adopt direct mailing coupon marketing approach
- List our business on yellow pages / local directories (both offline and online)
- Position our billboards, signage / flexi banners at strategic places
- Encourage our loyal customers to help us make use of word of mouth to promote our financial consulting firm
- Sponsor relevant TV programs, Radio programs and community based programs.
- Brand all our official cars
Financial Projections and Costing
No doubt starting a financial consulting firm can be cost effective; this is so because on the average, you are not expected to acquire expensive machines and equipment. Basically what you should be concerned about is the amount needed to secure a standard office facility in a good and busy business district, the amount needed to furnish and equip the office, the amount needed to pay employees for the first few months, the amount needed to by the required software applications, the amount needed to pay bills, promote the business and obtain the appropriate business license and certifications.
Basically, this is the area we are looking towards spending our start – up capital on;
- The Total Fee for incorporating the Business in New York – $750.
- The budget for Liability insurance, permits and license – $2,500
- The Amount needed to acquire a suitable Office facility in a business district 6 months (Re – Construction of the facility inclusive) – $40,000.
- The Cost for equipping the office (computers, printers, fax machines, furniture, telephones, filing cabins, safety gadgets and electronics et al) – $2,000
- The Cost of Launching your official Website – $600
- Budget for paying at least two employees for 3 months and utility bills – $30,000
- Additional Expenditure (Business cards, Signage, Adverts and Promotions et al) – $2,500
- Miscellaneous – $1,000
Going by the report from the research and feasibility studies, we will need about $150,000 to set up a small scale but standard financial advisory firm in the United States of America.
Generating Funding / Startup Capital for Darlington & Williams Financial Advisors, LLP
Darlington & Williams Financial Advisors, LLP is going to start as a private business that will be solely owned by Darlington Schneider (MBA, CFP®) and his business partner Williams Sinclair (MBA, CFP®). They will be the financier of the firm, but may likely welcome partners later; which is why they have decided to restrict the sourcing of his start – up capital to 3 major sources for now.
These are the areas we intend generating our start – up capital;
- Generate part of the start – up capital from personal savings
- Source for soft loans from family members and friends
- Apply for loan from my Bank
N.B: We have been able to generate about $50,000 (Personal savings $40,000 and soft loan from family members $10,000) and we are at the final stages of obtaining a loan facility of $100,000 from our bank. All the papers and document has been duly signed and submitted, the loan has been approved and any moment from now our account will be credited.
BUSINESS GROWTH: Sustainability and Expansion Strategy
The truth is that, it is easier for businesses to survive when they have a steady flow of business deals / customers patronizing their products and services. We are aware of this, which is why we have decided to offer a wide range of financial consulting and advisory services to both big and small clients (individual and corporate clients).
We know that if we continue to deliver excellent financial consulting and advisory services to our clients, there will be steady flow of income for the organization. As such, our key sustainability and expansion strategy is to ensure that we only hire competent employees, create a conducive working environment and employee benefits for our staff members. In the nearest future, we will explore the options of either merging with other consulting firms or acquire one or more consulting firms in order for us to increase our market share and service offerings
We know that if we do well to implement our business strategies, we will grow our financial consulting and advisory firm beyond New York City, New York to other states in the U.S in record time.
Check List / Milestone
- Business Name Availability Check: Completed
- Business Incorporation: Completed
- Opening of Corporate Bank Accounts various banks in the United States: Completed
- Securing a standard office facility in Madison Street, New York City: Completed
- Opening Online Payment Platforms: Completed
- Application and Obtaining Tax Payer’s ID: In Progress
- Application for business license and permit: Completed
- Purchase of All form of Insurance for the Business: Completed
- Conducting Feasibility Studies: Completed
- Generating part of the start – up capital from the founder: Completed
- Applications for Loan from our Bankers: In Progress
- Writing of Business Plan: Completed
- Drafting of Employee’s Handbook: Completed
- Drafting of Contract Documents: In Progress
- Design of The Company’s Logo: Completed
- Graphic Designs and Printing of Packaging Marketing / Promotional Materials: Completed
- Recruitment of employees: In Progress
- Purchase of the Needed furniture, office equipment, electronic appliances and facility facelift: In progress
- Creating Official Website for the Company: In Progress
- Creating Awareness for the business (Business PR): In Progress
- Health and Safety and Fire Safety Arrangement: In Progress
- Establishing business relationship with key players in the industry: In Progress