Are you about writing a hedge fund business plan? If YES, here is a sample attention grabbing hedge fund business plan executive summary, goals, mission and vision statements, product/service description and management structure that will surely attract investors.
- Executive Summary
- Market Analysis
- SWOT Analysis
- Financial Projection
- Marketing Plan
- Marketing ideas & Strategies
A Sample Hedge Fund Business Plan Executive Summary
JB Moses & Associates, LLP is a registered, licensed and accredited hedge fund management firm that will be based in New York City – New York. The company will handle all aspect of hedge fund management and related services such as offering equity long bias, equity long-only, equity long/short and equity market neutral funds, offering fixed income funds, offering emerging market funds, offering event-driven funds, offering multi-strategy funds, offering macro funds, offering distressed securities funds and other related.
We are aware that to run a standard hedge fund management firm can be demanding which is why we are well trained, certified and equipped to perform excellently well.
JB Moses & Associates, LLP is a client – focused and result driven hedge funds managers that provides broad- based services i.e. pool investments, securities or other assets on behalf of shareholders, unit holders or other beneficiaries at an affordable fee that won’t in any way put a hole in the pocket of our clients.
We will offer trusted and profitable hedge funds management services to all to our individual clients, and corporate clients at local, state, national, and international level. We will ensure that we work hard to meet and surpass our clients’ expectations whenever they invest their funds with us.
At JB Moses & Associates, LLP, our client’s best interest would always come first, and everything we do is guided by our values and professional ethics. We will ensure that we hire professionals who are well experienced in managing hedge funds and other investment portfolios with good track record of return on investments.
JB Moses & Associates, LLP will at all times demonstrate her commitment to sustainability, both individually and as a firm, by actively participating in our communities and integrating sustainable business practices wherever possible.
We will ensure that we hold ourselves accountable to the highest standards by meeting our client’s needs precisely and completely. We will cultivate a working environment that provides a human, sustainable approach to earning a living, and living in our world, for our partners, employees and for our clients.
Our plan is to position the business to become one of the leading brands in hedge funds management line of business in the whole of New York City, and also to be amongst the top 20 hedge funds management firms in the United States of America within the first 10 years of operations.
This might look too tall a dream but we are optimistic that this will surely be realized because we have done our research and feasibility studies and we are enthusiastic and confident that New York is the right place to launch our hedge fund management business before sourcing for clients from other cities in The United States of America.
JB Moses & Associates, LLP is founded by Johnbull Moses and his business partners for many years. The organization will be managed by both of them since they have adequate working experience to manage such business.
Johnbull Moses has well over 15 years of experience working at various capacities as hedge fund manager, mutual fund manager and other investment portfolio management in the United States of America. Mr. Johnbull Moses graduated from both University of California – Berkley with a Degree in Accounting, and University of Harvard (MSc.) and he is an accredited and certified hedge fund manager.
- Our Product and Services
JB Moses & Associates, LLP is going to offer varieties of services within the scope of the financial investment services industry in the United States of America. Our intention of starting our hedge fund management firm is to work with big time investors who can afford to invest their funds with hedge funds managers.
We are well prepared to make profits from the industry and we will do all that is permitted by the law in the United States to achieve our business goals, aim and ambition. Our business offering are listed below;
- Offering equity long bias, equity long-only, equity long/short and equity market neutral funds
- Offering fixed income funds
- Offering emerging market funds
- Offering event-driven funds
- Offering multi-strategy funds
- Offering macro funds
- Offering distressed securities funds
Our Vision Statement
Our vision is to build a hedge fund management brand that will become one of the top choices for investors in the whole of New York City – New York. Our vision reflects our values: integrity, service, excellence and teamwork.
- Our Mission Statement
Our mission is to position the business to become one of the leading brands in hedge funds management line of business in the whole of New York City, and also to be amongst the top 20 hedge funds management firms in the United States of America within the first 10 years of operations.
- Our Business Structure
Ordinarily we would have settled for two or three employees, but as part of our plan to build a standard hedge funds management business in New York City – New York, we have perfected plans to get it right from the beginning which is why we are going the extra mile to ensure that we have qualified, competent, honest and hardworking employees to occupy all the available positions in our firm.
The picture of the kind of hedge fund management business we intend building and the business goals we want to achieve is what informed the amount we are ready to pay for the best hands available in and around New York and environs as long as they are willing and ready to work with us to achieve our business goals and objectives.
Below is the business structure that we will build JB Moses & Associates, LLP;
- Chief Executive Officer
- Hedge Fund Manager / Portfolio Manager
- Admin and HR Manager
- Risk Manager
- Marketing and Sales Executive
- Chief Financial Officer (CFO) / Chief Accounting Officer (CAO).
- Customer Care Executive / Front Desk Officer
Roles and Responsibilities
Chief Executive Office:
- Increases management’s effectiveness by recruiting, selecting, orienting, training, coaching, counseling, and disciplining managers; communicating values, strategies, and objectives; assigning accountabilities; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results; developing incentives; developing a climate for offering information and opinions; providing educational opportunities.
- Creating, communicating, and implementing the organization’s vision, mission, and overall direction – i.e. leading the development and implementation of the overall organization’s strategy.
- Responsible for fixing prices and signing business deals
- Responsible for providing direction for the business
- Creates, communicates, and implements the organization’s vision, mission, and overall direction – i.e. leading the development and implementation of the overall organization’s strategy.
- Responsible for signing checks and documents on behalf of the company
- Evaluates the success of the organization
Hedge Fund Manager / Portfolio Manager
- Providing market research and implementing new investment product and strategies
- Create research and review platforms for new, existing and potential investment products
- Exceed client expectations with returns on investments
- Work closely with analysts and traders to ensure trading strategy is carried out correctly
- Construct and review performance reports to show to investors
- Work directly with marketer to relay investment strategy and risk measures for website and other forms of marketing for your hedge fund
- Performing due diligence visits and assessing investment management firms and quantitatively analyzing investment pools
- Having extensive knowledge of industry policies and regulations set in place by the SEC
- Focusing on capital introductions and networking to sign up new investors to your fund
- Planning, designing and implementing an overall risk management process for the organization;
- Risk assessment, which involves analyzing risks as well as identifying, describing and estimating the risks affecting the business;
- Risk evaluation, which involves comparing estimated risks with criteria established by the organization such as costs, legal requirements and environmental factors, and evaluating the organization’s previous handling of risks;
- Establishing and quantifying the organization’s ‘risk appetite’, i.e. the level of risk they are prepared to accept;
- Risk reporting in an appropriate way for different audiences, for example, to the board of directors so they understand the most significant risks, to business heads to ensure they are aware of risks relevant to their parts of the business and to individuals to understand their accountability for individual risks;
- Corporate governance involving external risk reporting to stakeholders;
- Carries out processes such as purchasing insurance, implementing health and safety measures and making business continuity plans to limit risks and prepare for if things go wrong;
- Conducts audits of policy and compliance to standards, including liaison with internal and external auditors;
- Provides support, education and training to staff to build risk awareness within the organization.
Admin and HR Manager
- Responsible for overseeing the smooth running of HR and administrative tasks for the organization
- Design job descriptions with KPI to drive performance management for clients
- Regularly hold meetings with key stakeholders to review the effectiveness of HR Policies, Procedures and Processes
- Maintains office supplies by checking stocks; placing and expediting orders; evaluating new products.
- Ensures operation of equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; calling for repairs.
- Defines job positions for recruitment and managing interviewing process
- Carrying out staff induction for new team members
- Responsible for training, evaluation and assessment of employees
- Responsible for arranging travel, meetings and appointments
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Oversee the smooth running of the daily office activities.
Marketing / Investor Relations Officer
- Identify, prioritize, and reach out to new partners, and business opportunities et al
- Identifies development opportunities; follows up on development leads and contacts; participates in the structuring and financing of projects; assures the completion of relevant projects.
- Writing winning proposal documents, negotiate fees and rates in line with company policy
- Responsible for handling business research, marker surveys and feasibility studies for clients
- Responsible for supervising implementation, advocate for the customer’s needs, and communicate with clients
- Develops, executes and evaluates new plans for expanding increase sales
- Documents all customer contact and information
- Represents the company in strategic meetings
- Helps to increase sales and growth for the company
Chief Financial Officer (CFO) / Chief Accounting Officer (CAO)
- Responsible for preparing financial reports, budgets, and financial statements for the organization
- create reports from the information concerning the financial transactions recorded by the bookkeeper
- Prepare the income statement and balance sheet using the trial balance and ledgers prepared by the bookkeeper.
- Provides managements with financial analyses, development budgets, and accounting reports; analyzes financial feasibility for the most complex proposed projects; conducts market research to forecast trends and business conditions.
- Responsible for financial forecasting and risks analysis.
- Performs cash management, general ledger accounting, and financial reporting for one or more properties.
- Responsible for developing and managing financial systems and policies
- Responsible for administering payrolls
- Ensuring compliance with taxation legislation
- Handles all financial transactions for the company
- Serves as internal auditor for the company
Client Service Executive / Front Desk Officer
- Welcomes guests and clients by greeting them in person or on the telephone; answering or directing inquiries.
- Ensures that all contacts with clients (e-mail, walk-In center, SMS or phone) provides the client with a personalized customer service experience of the highest level
- Through interaction with clients on the phone, uses every opportunity to build client’s interest in the company’s products and services
- Manages administrative duties assigned by the manager in an effective and timely manner
- Consistently stays abreast of any new information on the company’s products, promotional campaigns etc. to ensure accurate and helpful information is supplied to clients
- Receives parcels / documents for the company
- Distribute mails in the organization
- Handles any other duties as assigned my the line manager