Are you about starting a hospital/healthcare center? If YES, here is a complete sample hospital business plan template & feasibility study you can use for FREE.
Okay, so we have considered all the requirements for starting a hospital. We also took it further by analyzing and drafting a sample healthcare service marketing plan template backed up by actionable guerrilla marketing ideas for hospitals. So let’s proceed to the business planning section.
It might no longer be new to you that health is indeed wealth. We all have come to know that aphorism without no hassle. It is therefore in place to say that when one has a sound health, one can be of optimum relevance to the society. This is one of the reason those who are in the medical line are solving this problem through diverse healthcare businesses. One healthcare business that is focus here is the hospital business.
Why Start a Hospital or Healthcare Center?
Starting a hospital is one of those businesses that require you to first look at the existing laws in the country or the State you reside, before going all out to start the business. This is so because there is hardly any country that does not pay serious attention on their health sector. The health industry is usually highly regulated so as to guide against the infiltration of quacks or substandard hospital or health facilities.
If you have interest in starting your own hospital business, then you would need to pay a visit to the health and medical regulatory body in your country (the department / ministry of health and medical services) to get all the needed information that is required before you can legally start your own hospital business in your city.
Also the business plan is something that you have got to tackle with before launching out in business. Very vital information such as the vision, mission, marketing plans, legal documents, as well as many other things will be looked in a business plan.
Here is a sample hospital business plan that is capable of leading you all the way;
A Sample Hospital Business Plan Template
- Business Overview
No doubt, the healthcare cum medical industry of which hospital business is a subset of, is perhaps one of the fastest growing and largest industries in the world; this is so because the wealth of any nation depends on the health of the nation. Obviously there is hardly any country where the health care industry is not handled with all seriousness. As a matter of fact, the healthcare industry is known to gulp well over 10 percent of gross domestic product (GDP) of most developed countries.
Basically, a healthcare provider is a health professional such as nurse or doctor et al or an establishment such as a hospital or a medical clinic or a healthcare center / facility that provides preventive, curative, promotional, rehabilitative or palliative healthcare / medical services in a systematic way to individuals, families or communities.
The hospital industry comprises of operators who are licensed as general medical and surgical hospitals that provide surgical and nonsurgical diagnostic and medical treatment to inpatients with medical conditions. In general, hospitals maintain inpatient beds and usually provide other services such as outpatient services, operating room services and pharmacy services.
There is indeed a very large market for hospital (healthcare service) providers in the United States and of course in most parts of the world. For instance, the World Health Organization (W.H.O) estimated that there are about 9.2 million physicians, 19.4 million nurses and midwives, 1.9 million dentists and other dentistry personnel, 2.6 million pharmacists and other pharmaceutical personnel, and over 1.3 million community health workers worldwide. This goes to show that the health care industry is indeed one of the largest segments of the workforce of any nation.
It is on record that in 2011, healthcare costs paid to hospitals, physicians, nursing homes, diagnostic laboratories, pharmacies, medical device manufacturers and other players in the health care system business value chain consumed an estimated value of 17.9 percent of the Gross Domestic Product (GDP) of the United States; this is indeed the largest of any country in the world. As a matter of fact, experts projected that the healthcare share of the GDP of the United States will continue to grow, reaching 19.6 percent of GDP by 2016.
The Healthcare cum Hospital industry is indeed a very massive industry in the U.S. Statistics has it that The Hospital industry in the United States of America, is worth $986bn, with an estimated growth rate of 3.4 percent. There are about 3,184 registered and licensed hospital businesses in the United States and they are responsible for employing about 5,513,669 people that comprises of doctors, nurses, pharmacists, dentist, opticians, surgeons and other health and non – health workers. It is important to state that there is no hospital with a lion share of the available market in the United States.
If you are considering starting your own hospital in the United States, then you should try and work around the industry barriers. The truth is that, the barriers to entry in the Hospitals industry are high and this is due to the significant regulatory requirements and the experience and strength of incumbents. For example, medical licensure creates a barrier to entry in the healthcare sector.
As a matter of fact, it is absolutely compulsory for any investor who is looking towards starting a hospital to meet extensive federal, state and local laws and regulations. These regulations relate to the adequacy of medical care, equipment, personnel, operating policies and procedures. Regulations also involve maintaining adequate records, preventing fires, setting rates and complying with building codes and environmental protection laws. These regulations make it difficult and costly for aspiring entrepreneurs to enter the industry.
Over and above, if you are determine and you are ready to go all the way, you will surely succeed in establishing your hospital in the United States of America and you will be glad you did because it is indeed a profitable line of business.
Hospital Business Plan – Executive Summary
Joan & Phil® Hospital, LLC is a standard, licensed and certified hospital service provider that will be located in the heart of Miami Beach, Florida – United States of America. We have been able to acquire a standard facility that is highly suitable for the kind of hospital business we want to operate.
Joan & Phil® Hospital, LLC is in the hospital industry to provide health care services such as Inpatient care, Outpatient care, Anatomical pathology services, Diagnostic X-ray services, Clinical laboratory services, Operating room services and other medical services. We are well trained and equipped to service the market segments that require healthcare services.
We are in the hospital business to deliver excellent healthcare services to all those who will patronize our services. We will also ensure that in the line of carrying out our duty, we comply with the laws and health regulations in Florida and The United States of America. Our employees are well trained and qualified to handle the wide range of health care services.
Joan & Phil® Hospital, LLC will operate a 24 hours 7 days a week healthcare service; our hospital will be opened round the clock to attend to clients (patients). We have a standard medical call center that is manned by trained health workers. Our work force is going to be well trained to operate within the framework of our organization’s corporate culture and also to meet the needs of all our customers.
Joan & Phil® Hospital, LLC will ensure that all our patients cum customers are given first class treatment whenever they visit our hospital. We have a CRM software that will enable us manage a one on one relationship with our customers no matter how large the numbers of our customers’ base grows.
Joan & Phil® Hospital, LLC is a family business that is owned and managed by Dr. Marvin Clarkson and his wife Joan Clarkson (Nurse). Dr. Phil Clarkson is going to be the Medical Director (Chief Executive Officer) of the hospital; He is a qualified and well trained Medical Doctor with well over 15 years of experience working as a medical doctor and medical researcher with the United States’ government. He will be ably supported by his wife Joan Clarkson who has grown in her career to become one of the most respected senior nurses in Miami, Florida.
- Our Services
Joan & Phil® Hospital, LLC is in the business of ensuring that our patient / clients are well treated and taken care of and our services will be carried out by highly trained professional doctors, dentist, surgeons, opticians, nurses, nurse’s aides, mental health counselors, chiropractors, medication management counselors, physical therapists and other health and non – health workers, who know what it takes to give our highly esteemed customers (patients) value for their money.
These are the health care services that Joan & Phil® Hospital, LLC will be offering;
- Inpatient care
- Outpatient care
- Anatomical pathology services
- Diagnostic X-ray services
- Clinical laboratory services
- Operating room services
- Occupational, Physical, and Speech Therapy
- Personal Injury Case Management
Our Vision Statement
Our vision is to become the number one choice when it comes to healthcare service delivery in the whole of Florida and also to be amongst the top 20 (hospital) health care service provider in the United States of America within the next 10 years.
- Our Mission Statement
Joan & Phil® Hospital, LLC is in business is to establish a first class hospital that will take care of both highly placed clients and lowly placed clients as long as they can afford our services. We want to become one of the leaders in the hospital cum health care services industry in Florida, and in The United States of America.
- Our Business Structure
Joan & Phil® Hospital, LLC is a business that will be built on a solid foundation. From the outset, we have decided to recruit only qualified professionals (doctors, dentist, surgeons, opticians, nurses, nurse’s aides, chiropractors, medication management counselors, physical therapists and other health and non – health workers) to man various job positions in our organization.
We are quite aware of the rules and regulations governing the hospital cum health care industry which is why we decided to recruit only well experienced and qualified employees as foundational staff of the organization. We hope to leverage on their expertise to build our hospital brand to be well accepted in Florida and the whole of the United States.
When hiring, we will look out for applicants that are not just qualified and experienced, but honest, customer centric and are ready to work to help us build a prosperous business that will benefit all the stake holders (the owners, workforce, and customers). As a matter of fact, profit-sharing arrangement will be made available to all our management staff and it will be based on their performance for a period of five years or more.
These are the positions that will be available at Joan & Phil® Hospital, LLC;
- Chief Medical Director / Chief Executive Officer
- Doctor / Surgeon / Dentist
- Nurses / Nurse’s Aides
- Information Technologist (Contract)
- Admin and Human Resources Manager
- Sales and Marketing Executive
- Accountant / Cashier
- Customer Care Executive
Roles and Responsibilities
Chief Medical Director / Chief Executive Officer:
- Responsible for providing direction for the business
- Creating, communicating, and implementing the organization’s vision, mission, and overall direction – i.e. leading the development and implementation of the overall organization’s strategy.
- Attend to high profile clients and severe medical cases
- Responsible for fixing prices and signing business deals
- Responsible for recruitment
- Responsible for payment of salaries
- Responsible for signing checks and documents on behalf of the company
- Evaluates the success of the organization
- Responsible for providing professional medical services to our patients
- Responsible for offering occupational, physical, and speech therapy
- Responsible for handling medical emergencies.
- Responsible for managing the daily activities in the company (dispensary store)
- providing advice about health issues, symptoms and medications in response to customer enquiries
- Responsible for recruiting, training and managing staff
- Responsible for processing prescriptions and dispensing medication
- Responsible for ordering, selling and controlling medicines and other stock
- Responsible for meeting medical representatives
- Responsible for managing the organizations’ budgets
- Responsible for keeping statistical and financial records
- Responsible for preparing publicity materials and displays
- Handle marketing services
- Interfaces with third – party providers (vendors)
- Handle any other duty as assigned by the Medical Director.
Nurses / Nurse’s Aides
- Responsible for managing our patients
- Handles personal injury case management
- Responsible for offering medication management services
- Assist the doctors in treating patients
Sales and Marketing Manager
- Manage external research and coordinate all the internal sources of information to retain the organizations’ best customers and attract new ones
- Model demographic information and analyze the volumes of transactional data generated by customer
- Identifies development opportunities; follows up on development leads and contacts; participates in the structuring and financing of projects; assures the completion of development projects.
- Writing winning proposal documents, negotiate fees and rates in line with organizations’ policy
- Responsible for handling business research, market surveys and feasibility studies for clients
- Responsible for supervising implementation, advocate for the customer’s needs, and communicate with clients
- Develop, execute and evaluate new plans for expanding increase sales
- Create new markets cum businesses for the organization
- Empower and motivates the sales team to meet and surpass agreed targets
- Manage the organization website
- Handles e-commerce aspect of the business
- Responsible for installing and maintenance of computer software and hardware for the organization
- Manage logistics and supply chain software, Web servers, e-commerce software and POS (point of sale) systems
- Manage the organization’s CRM software application
- Handles any other technological and IT related duties.
Accountant / Cashier:
- Responsible for preparing financial reports, budgets, and financial statements for the organization
- Provides managements with financial analyses, development budgets, and accounting reports; analyzes financial feasibility for the most complex proposed projects; conducts market research to forecast trends and business conditions.
- Responsible for financial forecasting and risks analysis.
- Performs cash management, general ledger accounting, and financial reporting for one or more properties.
- Responsible for developing and managing financial systems and policies
- Responsible for administering payrolls
- Ensuring compliance with taxation legislation
- Handles all financial transactions for Joan & Phil® Hospital, LLC
- Serves as internal auditor for Joan & Phil® Hospital, LLC.
Client Service Executive
- Welcomes clients and potential clients by greeting them in person or on the telephone; answering or directing inquiries.
- Ensures that all contacts with clients (e-mail, walk-In center, SMS or phone) provides the client with a personalized customer service experience of the highest level
- Through interaction with clients on the phone, uses every opportunity to build client’s interest in the company’s products and services
- Manages administrative duties assigned by the creative director in an effective and timely manner
- Consistently stays abreast of any new information on the organizations’ products, promotional campaigns etc. to ensure accurate and helpful information is supplied to clients when they make enquiries
- Responsible for cleaning the hospital facility at all times
- Ensure that toiletries and supplies don’t run out of stock
- Cleans both the interior and exterior of the hospital facility
- Handle any other duty as assigned by the admin and HR manager.
Hospital Business Plan – SWOT Analysis
Joan & Phil® Hospital, LLC is set to become one of the leading hospital cum healthcare service providers in Florida which is why we are willing to take our time to cross every ‘Ts’ and dot every ‘Is’ as it relates to our business. We want our hospital to be the number one choice of all residence of Miami and other cities in Florida.
We know that if we are going to achieve the goals that we have set for our business, then we must ensure that we build our business on a solid foundation. We must ensure that we follow due process in setting up the business.
Even though our Chief Medical Director (owner) has a robust experience in health management services, public health and medical research, we still went ahead to hire the services of business consultants that are specialized in setting up new businesses to help our organization conduct detailed SWOT analysis and to also provide professional support in helping us structure our business to indeed become a leader in the hospital / healthcare industry.
This is the summary of the SWOT analysis that was conducted for Joan & Phil® Hospital, LLC;
Our strength lies in the fact that we have a team of well qualified professionals manning various job positions in our hospital. As a matter of fact, they are some of the best hands in the whole of Miami Florida. Our location, the business model we will be operating on, opening 24 hours daily and 7 days in a week, multiple payment options, well equipped medical call center and our excellent customer service culture will definitely count as a strong strength for us.
Our perceived weakness lies in the point that we are just starting out and we may not have the required finance to sustain the kind of publicity that we intend giving the business and also the finance needed for the acquiring some of the latest medical and surgical equipment et al.
The opportunities that are available to hospitals cum healthcare services providers are unlimited considering the fact that hospital is not only meant for those who are sick and need treatment; people who are not sick may be required to conduct routine medical checkups from time to time and we are going to position our hospital to make the best out of the opportunities that will be available to us in Florida.
Just like any other business, one of the major threats that we are likely going to face is economic downturn and unfavorable government policies (healthcare reform). It is a fact that economic downturn affects purchasing power. Another threat that may likely confront us is the arrival of a new and bigger / well established hospital or healthcare brand in same location where our hospital is located.
Hospital Business Plan – MARKET ANALYSIS
- Market Trends
The hospital cum health care industry is indeed a thriving and dynamic industry; with the aid of technology, it is becoming easier to treat, manage and cure some ailments that before now are not easy to handle. No doubt there are many ways of providing healthcare services in this changing era since the place of delivery may be in the patient home, the community, the workplace, or in health facilities.
The hospital industry has recently begun consolidating, largely due to the pressures of healthcare reform. The truth is that, the demand for hospital cum health care services has steadily grown over the last five years, as healthcare reform legislation broadened insurance coverage and the plummeting unemployment rate increased disposable income.
As an investor in the hospital cum health care industry, in order to maintain an advantaged position in this competitive industry, you should source for the most skilled and specialized healthcare professionals.
One thing about this industry is that labor costs is on the high side. However, hospitals have also faced nurse and physician shortages and have struggled to recruit qualified personnel. Industry profitability has generally risen over the past five years due to increases in service prices. No doubt the home healthcare industry will continue to grow and become more profitable because the aging baby-boomer generation in Unites States is expected to drive increasing demand for health care services.
- Our Target Market
Joan & Phil® Hospital, LCC is in business to service a wide range of customers in Miami Beach, Florida – United States of America and other cities such as Green – acres City, Miami, Jacksonville, Clearwater, Tampa, Fort Lauderdale, North Miami, West Palm Beach, Palm Harbor, Deltona, Orlando, Palm Bay and Panama City et al. We will ensure that we target but self – pay customers (who do not have health insurance cover), and those who have health insurance cover.
Generally, every living person, whether old or young will at one point or the order need to visit the hospital.
The fact that we are going to open our doors to a wide range of customers does not in any way stop us from abiding by the rules and regulations governing the hospital cum health care industry in the United States. Our staff is well – trained to effectively service our customers and give them value for their monies.
Our customers can be categorized into the following;
- The whole residents within the area where our hospital is located
- Expectant Mothers
- Injured Sports Men and Women
- Corporate organizations such as banks, insurance companies, manufacturing companies, oil and gas companies et al
- Health Management Organizations (HMOs)
Our Competitive Advantage
Aside from the competitions that exist amongst various hospitals, they also compete against other healthcare services providers such as home health care services providers, health centers and community clinics et al.
To be highly competitive in the hospital cum healthcare industry means that you should be able to deliver consistent quality patient service and should be able to meet the expectations of your patients at all time; they should experience improvement in their health when they patronize your hospital.
Joan & Phil® Hospital, LCC is coming into the market well prepared to favorably compete in the industry. Our hospital facility is well positioned (centrally positioned) and visible, we have enough parking space with good security.
Our staff is well groomed in all aspect of healthcare service delivery and all our employees are trained to provide customized customer service to all our clients (patients). our services will be carried out by highly trained professionals (doctors, dentist, surgeons, opticians, nurses, nurse’s aides, chiropractors, medication management counselors, physical therapists and other health and non – health workers) who know what it takes to give our highly esteemed customers value for their money.
We are going to be one of the few hospitals cum healthcare service providers in the whole of Florida that will run a standard medical call center for 24 hours a day and 7 days a week. We have enough trained health workers that are ready to run a shift system.
Lastly, all our employees will be well taken care of, and their welfare package will be among the best within our category (startups hospitals cum health care service providers in the United States) in the industry. It will enable them to be more than willing to build the business with us and help deliver our set goals and achieve all our business aims and objectives.
Hospital Business Plan – SALES AND MARKETING STRATEGY
- Sources of Income
Joan & Phil® Hospital LLC will ensure that we do all we can to maximize the business by generating income from every legal means within the scope of our industry. Below are the sources we intend exploring to generate income for Joan & Phil® Hospital, LLC;
- Inpatient care
- Outpatient care
- Anatomical pathology services
- Diagnostic X-ray services
- Clinical laboratory services
- Operating room services
- Occupational, Physical, and Speech Therapy
- Personal Injury Case Management
It is important to state that our sales forecast is based on the data gathered during our feasibility studies, market survey and also some of the assumptions readily available on the field.
We have been able to critically examine the health care market and we have analyzed our chances in the industry and we have been able to come up with the following sales forecast. The sales projection is based on information gathered on the field and some assumptions that are peculiar to similar startups in Miami – Florida.
Below is the sales projection for Joan & Phil® Hospital, LLC it is based on the location of our hospital and of course the wide range of our services and target market;
- First Year-: $100,000 (From Self – Pay Clients / Patients): $250,000 (From Health Insurance Companies)
- Second Year-: $250,000 (From Self – Pay Clients / Patients): $500,000 (From Health Insurance Companies)
- Third Year-: $500,000 (From Self – Pay Clients / Patients): $1,500,000 (From Health Insurance Companies)
N.B: This projection is done based on what is obtainable in the industry and with the assumption that there won’t be any major economic meltdown and natural disasters within the period stated above. Please note that the above projection might be lower and at the same time it might be higher.
- Marketing Strategy and Sales Strategy
The marketing and sales strategy of Joan & Phil® Hospital, LLC will be based on generating long-term personalized relationships with customers. In order to achieve that, we will ensure that we offer top notch all – round health care services at affordable prices compare to what is obtainable in Florida.
All our employees will be well trained and equipped to provide excellent and knowledgeable health care services and customer service. We know that if we are consistent with offering high quality health care service delivery and excellent customer service, we will increase the number of our customers by more than 25 percent for the first year and then more than 40 percent subsequently.
Before choosing a location for our hospital, we conducted a thorough market survey and feasibility studies in order for us to be able to be able to penetrate the available market and become the preferred choice for residence of Miami Beach, Florida – United States of America and other cities such as Green – acres City, Miami, Jacksonville, Clearwater, Tampa, Fort Lauderdale, North Miami, West Palm Beach, Palm Harbor, Deltona, Orlando, Palm Bay and Panama City et al where our services will be available. We have detailed information and data that we were able to utilize to structure our business to attract the numbers of customers we want to attract per time.
We hired experts who have good understanding of the hospital cum health care industry to help us develop marketing strategies that will help us achieve our business goal of winning a larger percentage of the available market in Florida.
In summary, Joan & Phil® Hospital, LLC Services will adopt the following sales and marketing approach to win customers over;
- Introduce our business by sending introductory letters to residence, business owners and corporate organizations
- Advertise our hospital in community based newspapers, local TV and local radio stations
- List our hospital on yellow pages ads (local directories)
- Leverage on the internet to promote our hospital
- Engage in direct marketing
- Leverage on word of mouth marketing (referrals)
- Enter into business partnership with health management organizations, government agencies and health insurance companies.
- Attend health care related exhibitions / expos.
Hospital Business Plan – Publicity and Advertising Strategy
We are in the hospital business -to become one of the market leaders and also to maximize profits hence we are going to explore all available conventional and non – conventional means to promote our hospital.
Joan & Phil® Hospital, LLC has a long term plan of opening of hospital in key cities around Florida which is why we will deliberately build our brand to be well accepted in Miami Beach before venturing out. As a matter of fact, our publicity and advertising strategy is not solely for winning customers over but to effectively communicate our brand to the general public.
Here are the platforms we intend leveraging on to promote and advertise Joan & Phil® Hospital, LCC;
- Place adverts on both print (community based newspapers and magazines) and electronic media platforms
- Sponsor relevant community health programs
- Leverage on the internet and social media platforms like; Instagram, Facebook , twitter, YouTube, Google + et al to promote our brand
- Install our Bill Boards on strategic locations all around Miami Beach Florida.
- Engage in road show from time to time
- Distribute our fliers and handbills in target areas
- Ensure that all our workers wear our branded shirts and all our vehicles and ambulances are well branded with our company’s logo et al.
Our Pricing Strategy
Joan & Phil® Hospital, LLC will work towards ensuring that all our services are offered at highly competitive prices compare to what is obtainable in The United States of America.
On the average, hospitals and health care service providers usually leverage on the fact that a good number of their clients do not pay the service charge from their pockets; private insurance companies, Medicare and Medicaid are responsible for the payment. In view of that, it is easier for hospitals and health care service providers to bill their clients based in their discretions.
However, in some cases hospitals and health care service providers also adopt the hourly billing cum per visit billing method. For example, it is easier and preferable for hospitals and healthcare services providers to bill personal injury case management services by the hour as against a fixed price.
- Payment Options
At Joan & Phil® Hospital, LLC, our payment policy is all inclusive because we are quite aware that different people prefer different payment options as it suits them. Here are the payment options that will be available in every of our outlets;
- Payment by cash
- Payment via Point of Sale (POS) Machine
- Payment via online bank transfer (online payment portal)
- Payment via Mobile money
- Check (only from loyal customers)
In view of the above, we have chosen banking platforms that will help us achieve our payment plans without any itches.
- Start – Up Expenditure (Budget)
If you are looking towards starting a hospital, then you should be ready to go all out to ensure that you raise enough capital to cover some of the basic expenditure that you are going to incur. The truth is that starting this type of business does not come cheap.
You would need money to secure a standard hospital facility, you will need money to acquire medical equipment and supply and you would need money to pay your workforce and pay bills for a while until the revenue you generate from the business becomes enough to pay them. Besides it is expensive to acquire a standard well – equipped ambulance.
The items listed below are the basics that we would need when starting our hospital in the United States, although costs might vary slightly;
- The Total Fee for Registering the Business in the United States – $750.
- Legal expenses for obtaining licenses and permits – $1,500.
- Marketing promotion expenses for the grand opening of Joan & Phil® Hospital, LLC in the amount of $3,500 and as well as flyer printing (2,000 flyers at $0.04 per copy) for the total amount of – $3,580.
- Cost for hiring Business Consultant – $2,500.
- Cost for Computer Software (Accounting Software, Payroll Software, CRM Software, Microsoft Office, QuickBooks Pro, drug interaction software, Physician Desk Reference software) – $7,000
- Insurance (general liability, workers’ compensation and property casualty) coverage at a total premium – $3,400.
- Cost for payment of rent for 12 month at $1.76 per square feet in the total amount of $105,600.
- Cost for hospital remodeling (construction of racks and shelves) – $20,000.
- Other start-up expenses including stationery ($500) and phone and utility deposits ($2,500).
- Operational cost for the first 3 months (salaries of employees, payments of bills et al) – $300,000
- The cost for Start-up inventory (stocking with a wide range of products) – $150,000
- Storage hardware (bins, rack, shelves,) – $3,720
- Cost for Nurse and Drugs Supplies (Injections, Bandages, Scissors, et al)- $3,000
- Cost for medical equipment – $300,000
- Cost of purchase of ambulance and other vehicles : $100,000
- The cost for the purchase of furniture and gadgets (Computers, Printers, Telephone, TVs, tables and chairs et al): $4,000.
- The cost of Launching a Website: $700
- Miscellaneous: $10,000
We would need an estimate of $1.2M to successfully set up our hospital in Miami Beach – Florida. Please note that this amount includes the salaries of all the staff for the first month of operation.
Generating Funding / Startup Capital for Joan & Phil® Hospital, LLC
Joan & Phil® Hospital, LLC is a private business that is solely owned and financed by Dr. Phil Clarkson and his wife Joan Clarkson (Nurse). They do not intend to welcome any external business partners, which is why he has decided to restrict the sourcing of the start – up capital to 3 major sources.
These are the areas Joan & Phil® Hospital; LLC intends to generate our start – up capital;
- Generate part of the start – up capital from personal savings
- Source for soft loans from family members and friends
- Apply for loan from my Bank
N.B: We have been able to generate about $200,000 (Personal savings $150,000 and soft loan from family members $50,000) and we are at the final stages of obtaining a loan facility of $1M from our bank. All the papers and document have been signed and submitted, the loan has been approved and any moment from now our account will be credited with the amount.
Hospital Business Plan – Sustainability and Expansion Strategy
The future of a business lies in the numbers of loyal customers that they have the capacity and competence of the employees, their investment strategy and the business structure. If all of these factors are missing from a business (company), then it won’t be too long before the business close shop.
One of our major goals of starting Joan & Phil® Hospital, LLC is to build a business that will survive off its own cash flow without the need for injecting finance from external sources once the business is officially running. We know that one of the ways of gaining approval and winning customers over is to offer our health care services a little bit cheaper than what is obtainable in the market and we are well prepared to survive on lower profit margin for a while.
Joan & Phil® Hospital, LLC will make sure that the right foundation, structures and processes are put in place to ensure that our staff welfare are well taken of. Our organizations’ corporate culture is designed to drive our business to greater heights and training and re – training of our workforce is at the top burner.
As a matter of fact, profit-sharing arrangement will be made available to all our management staff and it will be based on their performance for a period of three years or more. We know that if that is put in place, we will be able to successfully hire and retain the best hands we can get in the industry; they will be more committed to help us build the business of our dreams.
Check List / Milestone
- Business Name Availability Check: Completed
- Business Registration: Completed
- Opening of Corporate Bank Accounts: Completed
- Securing Point of Sales (POS) Machines: Completed
- Opening Mobile Money Accounts: Completed
- Opening Online Payment Platforms: Completed
- Application and Obtaining Tax Payer’s ID: In Progress
- Application for business license and permit: Completed
- Purchase of Insurance for the Business: Completed
- Leasing of facility and remodeling the facility: In Progress
- Conducting Feasibility Studies: Completed
- Generating capital from family members: Completed
- Applications for Loan from the bank: In Progress
- Writing of Business Plan: Completed
- Drafting of Employee’s Handbook: Completed
- Drafting of Contract Documents and other relevant Legal Documents: In Progress
- Design of The Company’s Logo: Completed
- Graphic Designs and Printing of Packaging Marketing / Promotional Materials: In Progress
- Recruitment of employees: In Progress
- Purchase of Medical Equipment and Ambulances et al: In Progress
- Purchase of the Needed furniture, racks, shelves, computers, electronic appliances, office appliances and CCTV: In Progress
- Creating Official Website for the Company: In Progress
- Creating Awareness for the business both online and around the community: In Progress
- Health and Safety and Fire Safety Arrangement (License): Secured
- Opening party / launching party planning: In Progress
- Compilation of our list of products that will be available in our pharmacy store: Completed
- Establishing business relationship with vendors (wholesale pharmaceutical companies): In Progress.