Are you about starting an indoor soccer facility? If YES, here is a complete sample indoor soccer facility business plan template & feasibility report you can use for FREE.
Okay, so we have considered all the requirements for starting an indoor soccer facility. We also took it further by analyzing and drafting a sample indoor soccer facility marketing plan template backed up by actionable guerrilla marketing ideas for indoor soccer facilities. So let’s proceed to the business planning section.
Why Start an Indoor Soccer Facility?
Even though soccer might not be as popular in America as it is in Europe and other parts of the world, it is still has a huge number of lovers in America which is why the indoor soccer facility has turned out to be a lucrative business for any entrepreneur venturing into it.
However, as easy as it might look to run this kind of business, several factors are required if the business is to become a success. Factors such as huge capital, unique services as well as effective marketing strategies are very elemental in ensuring the business becomes a success and so any entrepreneur going into this field will need to ensure that the three major factors are adequately covered.
Due to the nature of this business, it would be wise if you hired a reputable business consultant that has the required knowledge of this industry and so would be sufficiently able to guide you and also help draft effective strategies that you would need to run your business successfully. Amongst the things a business consultant would do for you is conducting marketing research, analyzing your business concept and also your target market.
Another important factor that you would need to consider before starting this business is having a comprehensive business plan. It is cogent that you write a suitable and comprehensive business plan for your indoor facility, and an example of such a business plan is prepared below;
A Sample Indoor Soccer Facility Business Plan Template
- Business Overview
The indoor soccer facility market has no dominant companies that have a huge share of the industry. This industry however marked less revenue during the economic downturn as customers curtailed their spending to recreational spending to save and spend for things and activities that were deemed basic.
However, demand was not kept down for long as it surged especially when customers saw the benefits that could be accrued from engaging in soccer and therefore termed the expenses towards this industry as a necessary health and social expense. In addition to this, the positive economic outlook has seen an increase in sports participation, and this is also expected to drive the revenue growth.
The overall indoor sports market has annual revenue of $900 million with a positive projected growth pegged at 3.5% from 2011 to 2016. Also, there are over 3,800 indoor sports facilities all over the United States of America that has employed more than 22,000 people. This industry is expected to continue expanding even till the year 2020 and beyond.
Entrepreneurs looking to start this business will find that the barriers for new businesses are moderate with leasing not being considered a concern as much as employee wages. Most of the employees hired are usually of low skills or unskilled with the exception of the management staff and trainers.
Even though barriers in this industry are considered moderate, entry into urban markets is a bit more difficult as there are more restrictive zoning laws, shortage of real estate and the required lengthy permit processes for businesses of this nature. Also, those that would be constructing would require more permits as against those that intended to lease.
The number of participants in indoor soccer within the United States of America from the period of 2006 to 2014, and from the ages of 6 upwards has continually been on the increase as the figure has been pegged at 4.53 million. The United States Indoor Sport Association based in Virginia has pegged the number of indoor sports complexes excluding that of colleges, YMCAs and other non-profit indoor sports facilities as between 900 and 1,000.
Overall, the demand for indoor soccer facility is still on the increase especially as such facilities provide a cover against the weather during harsh weather periods.
Indoor Soccer Facility Business Plan – Executive Summary
Soccer Star Premier Indoor Facility is a world class facility that is strategically located in Glenn Dale – Maryland and that intends to cater to all our various customers old and young, domestic and corporate, local and foreign. Our facility is aimed at those who intend to practice their soccer skills as well as pros who intend to undergo trainings.
We will use real grass for our indoor soccer facility so as to give our players a real experience of the soccer pitch. Our indoor soccer facility will also be fully air-conditioned as to ensure that all our customers enjoy convenience when using our facility.
Our vision as a company is to ensure that soccer and indeed sports lovers see us as the go-to place for trainings and soccer practice. We also aim to be able to provide services to those who are not soccer inclined, and also be amongst the top three indoor soccer facilities in the United States of America.
Our aim at achieving our vision and objectives has led us to develop strategies that will not only see us attaining this vision but will also ensure that we compete favorably against our competitors and stand out as well. Some of these strategies will be contained in the unique services we intend to offer our various customers.
Because we know the importance of having a solid business structure, we intend to ensure that we hire only competent employees that understand the business as well as our core values and are willing to work to see the business attain its goals and objectives.
Our employees will not only be well trained and undergo continuous training, they will have their performances continually appraised so that the hardworking ones might be adequately rewarded with incentives or promotion. We also intend to pay our employees very well as can be obtained in similar indoor soccer facilities start-up here in Maryland.
Our customers are very important to us and so we would ensure that we take good care of our customers and also offer excellent service to them in such a way as not to only retain them but to also attract new ones to patronize our services.
Mr. Steve McDermott who is a Chief Executive Officer is a successful entrepreneur and business person and has all the necessary expertise and business experience necessary to ensure that Soccer Star Premier Indoor Facility attain its intended goals and objectives.
- Our Products and Services
Soccer Star Premier Indoor Facility intends to be able to provide soccer lovers a place where they can come to train and have fun, while also offering other our various customers other services as well from our very strategic location in Maryland.
Our intention to not stick to just one service stems from that fact that we know that we are able to offer more than we can without compromising in our standards. We intend to allow our facility be used by pros and coaches for training sessions. We also intend to use our facility for non-soccer events all in an aim to boost the revenue of our company. All that we intend to offer will be legally permissible under the laws of the United States of America.
Therefore some of the products and services we intend to offer are;
- Membership fees
- Ticket fees from audience
- Training sessions
- Rental rates
- Summer camps
- Soccer parties
- Sales of soccer equipment and paraphernalia
- Non-soccer events (meetings, shows, children parties, concerts)
Our Vision Statement
Our vision is to be referred to as a world class and state of the art indoor facility and preferred go-to facility for soccer lovers of all skill levels in Glenn Dale – Maryland and amongst the top three indoor soccer facility in the United States of America.
- Our Mission Statement
Our mission is to ensure that we provide an indoor soccer facility that is not only regarded as a state of the art facility for athletes of all ages and levels but also one that is regarded as environmentally safe for everyone.
- Our Business Structure
Soccer Star Premier Indoor Facility is a world class facility that intends to offer soccer lovers and players a place to practice their craft. We intend to ensure that we maintain a certain standard and this can only be done if we get it right from the beginning by having a solid business structure that would project our core aim and objectives as a world class brand to our customers and stakeholders.
It is to this effect that we intend to hire only the best employees to run the various positions and handle the various tasks that we would assign to them. We intend to first ensure that our management staff understand our core values as a business and also has the necessary experience needed to bring Soccer Star to be not only the preferred indoor soccer facility go-to in Glenn Dale – Maryland but to also become amongst the top three indoor soccer facility in the United States of America.
We intend to ensure that our employees – no matter the level and role = are adequately trained in customer care so that they are able to project this to all our customers, thereby communicating our brand and what we stand for effectively to the customers. The business structure we therefore intend to build at Soccer Star Premier Indoor Facility is;
- Chief Executive Officer
- Facility Manager
- Human Resource Manager
- Administrative Manager
- Marketing Executives
- Customer Service Executives
- Security Guard
Roles and Responsibilities
Chief Executive Officer
- Responsible for drafting strategies that would affect the direction of the organization
- Meets and promotes Soccer Star Premier Indoor Facility to high powered clients on behalf of the organization
- Sources for funds on behalf of the organization
- In charge of ensuring that the facility is kept up to standard always
- In charge of scheduling events and uses of the facilities
- Ensures that light repairs are carried out on the facilities
Human Resource Manager
- In charge of sourcing, interviewing and hiring competent employees on behalf of the company
- Conducts orientation for new staff to ensure that they are settled in
- Carries out periodic performance appraisals on staff members
- In charge of ensuring that all administrative functions in the company are without hitches
- Ensures that the policies and goals of the organization are implemented by all staff
- Works with the CEO to review strategies that affect the organization
- In charge of conducting marketing survey and researches that will be used to identify target market on behalf of the company
- Engages in direct marketing by approaching potential clients on behalf of the company
- Reviews marketing strategies with an aim to modify or change them
- In charge of preparing all the financial reports and statements on behalf of the company
- Ensures that the company’s books are accurately reconciled with that of the bank at the end of the month
- Drafts and ensures that budget is effectively implemented
Customer Service Executives
- In charge of directly attending to customers in terms of inquiries and complaints and ensures that all issues that crop up are adequately dealt with
- Maintains an accurate database of customers and sees to it that they are regularly updated
- Updates on information as regards industry and Soccer Star Premier Indoor Facility so as to be able to answer customers’ accurately
- In charge of all the electronics that are used within the indoor soccer facility
- Carries out light repairs on faulty electronics
- Ensures that new electronics are of good quality
- Ensures that the premises is secured during and after use
- Monitors the surveillance cameras to ensure that adequate security is maintained
- Patrols the premises at night to ensure that security is maintained
- In charge of picking and delivering stock to the company
- Ensures that the right amount of stock which correlates with the paperwork is onloaded and offloaded
- Carries out light repairs on the vehicle
- Ensures that the premises is kept clean and fresh always
- Cleans up the premises after each batch of trainings, games and events
- Cleans up the convenience for employee and customer use
Indoor Soccer Facility Business Plan – SWOT Analysis
The indoor soccer facility business is one that might be a capital intensive business but is also rewarding to any entrepreneur who intend to go into this business. However, to be sure that we have our business concept well defined, we intend to hire a business consultant to help us look through and tell us if it will be worthwhile to go into this business, so we do not waste money and time.
Our business expert who is not only reputable but also experienced in this field made use of the SWOT (Strengths, Weakness, Opportunities and Threats) professional analysis to enable us know how our business was likely to perform in Glenn Dale – Maryland.
Below is the result of the SWOT analysis that was conducted on behalf of Soccer Star Premier Indoor Facility business;
Our strengths are also numerous and lies in the fact that we would be providing training sessions in our facility. Our indoor soccer facility will bring more benefits to the local community, and also capture the attention of the sporting bodies, and other corporate bodies who are likely to hire our venue.
Also, our employees are competent and well trained to handle all the various events that would likely be held at our facility. Finally, the experience of our owner, Mr. Steve McDermott in handling businesses and seeing them come to success will bring forth a positive bearing on our indoor soccer facility business.
The weaknesses we are likely to face stem from the fact that there are cheaper available options in the area. Also, we would need to look for and maintain a high number of casual and volunteer staff. Other weaknesses we are likely to face are pressure from our private investors and from the bank in order to reach our targets and pay back our loans, finally we would need to ensure that the premises are always kept fresh and clean.
There are plenty of opportunities that abound to us in this business as well as the area where we are located in. The opportunities include the fact that we are an opportunity for a thriving youth center; we are also near schools which makes us the perfect go-to place for students after school.
The threats that we are likely to face while starting or running this business is the fact that it would take a while for our membership numbers to grow, thereby slowing down our revenue. Also, we would need to be able to handle the likelihood of another competitor starting up an indoor soccer facility in Glenn Dale – Maryland.
We are also likely to face threats from the existing soccer field that is quite close to us. Threats are a part of every business, and we are confident that we would be able to combat these threats once they arise.
Indoor Soccer Facility Business Plan – MARKET ANALYSIS
- Market Trends
Due to the fact that there are less soccer fields than there should be, the demand for indoor soccer facilities have risen tremendously, and while America might not be a soccer loving country, there are still sufficient people who love the sport and play the sport to keep demand relatively stable.
This means that anyone intending to go into the indoor soccer facility business will need to not only have the capital but also be innovative enough to attract customers both soccer loving and non-soccer loving to the facility, by offering unique services that will attract the target market.
Another trend with the indoor facility business is that fact that owners of such businesses are also introducing other games into the business in order to stand out from competitors, and gain a huge share of the market. Also, owners of these facilities are also trying to make the facilities lively for those who do not like sports of any kind, as a means of retaining a huge share of the market.
Lastly, the internet and technology cannot be overlooked as a huge trend in the sense that more people are now more online than ever, which means that businesses have to double more efforts in marketing to those online. This can be done through the creation of an interactive and user friendly websites as well as engaging social media platforms.
Also, creating an app is another trend that could draw more customers and also allow them know more about the game whilst also being kept abreast of the different new services and products offered by the company.
- Our Target Market
The target market for an indoor soccer facility might look pretty straightforward to a layman or an unserious business person, but because we take our business seriously, we know that the target market for our indoor soccer facility cannot be restricted to just those who love soccer or games in general, as there are other people that might need to use our indoor soccer facility as well.
It is to this effect that we conducted a market research that would help us have an idea of what target market we should draft our marketing strategies for, what they were likely expecting from us and what we should expect from them.
The results obtained from our market research have shown us that we would be offering our product and services to the following group of people;
- Young adults
- Corporate businesses
- Concert promoters
- Sports coaches
- Government officials
Our Competitive Advantage
Soccer Star Premier Indoor Facility’s aim is to become a world class indoor soccer facility that is preferred amongst others here in Glenn Dale – Maryland. Our intention is also to become the top three indoor soccer facility her in the United States of America.
To achieve this, we would need to ensure that we perfect several strategies in order to allow us not only achieve our vision and objectives but to ensure that we are able to favorably compete and have an edge over our competitors.
We intend to build facility that is conducive and air conditioned and also in a location that makes it very easy for people in and outside Maryland to access. We aim to offer several other services too as this will attract more customers to our business, thereby increasing our revenue and giving us a better opportunity to have an edge over our competitors.
Having a sound business structure is very important and as such, we would not compromise on ensuring that we source for and recruit only employees who are not only competent but who have the necessary experience and expertise needed to make our company its intended goals and objectives.
Another competitive advantage we have as an edge over our competitors is the fact that our employees have been trained to offer excellent customer service to all our customers regardless of their position in the company and this is because we understand that without our customers, we likely might not be in business.
Lastly, because we know that happy employees make for greater productivity for a business, we would ensure that our employees are well paid and that they undergo continuous training that will enhance their skills and increase their productivity in the workplace.
Indoor Soccer Facility Business Plan – SALES AND MARKETING STRATEGY
- Sources of Income
Soccer Star Premier Indoor Facility is a fully air conditioned state of the art facility of 45,000 square feet that intends to offer indoor soccer facility to soccer lovers here in Glenn Dale – Maryland. We however intend to generate revenue from not only one source but from different sources in our aim to attract as many customers as we can to our indoor soccer facility.
Therefore the sources of income we intend to generate at Soccer Star Indoor Facility are:
- Membership fees
- Ticket fees from audience
- Training sessions
- Rental rates
- Summer camps
- Soccer parties
- Sales of soccer equipment and paraphernalia
- Non-soccer events (meetings, shows, children parties, concerts)
Soccer and in general sports is always an activity that people would want to participate in either as participants or the audience.
Knowing this we are therefore strategically located in Glenn Dale – Maryland to ensure that we are easily accessible to our target market, and that we would also be able to generate enough revenue to cover our start-up capital by the third year of operation.
However to help us come up with an accurate sales projections that will better help us draft the right strategies to generate enough revenue for the company, we hired a reputable and experienced business consultant here in Maryland, who gathered data and used information from similar start-ups in and around Maryland to come up with a reliable sales forecast.
Stated below are the sales projections for a three year period that was conducted on behalf of Soccer Star Premier Indoor Facility here in Glenn Dale – Maryland;
- First Fiscal Year-: $950,000
- Second Fiscal Year-: $1,900,000
- Third Fiscal Year-: $3,800,000
N/B: The sales projection above was done based on current data and information obtained from the industry. This therefore means that should the information change within the stated period of time, this would likely affect have an impact on the above sales projection causing either an increase or decrease in the above figures.
- Marketing Strategy and Sales Strategy
An effective marketing starts with having a well-informed strategy. However, developing a marketing strategy that connects with your target market takes a lot of time and effort, because a good marketing strategy should help define your vision, mission and business objectives.
The importance of a marketing strategy is such that it can affect the way your whole business is run, and as such would require intense planning which can be done in collaboration with a marketing team. It is to this effect that we hired a marketing consultant who would not only help us conduct the necessary marketing survey that will bring forth effective marketing strategies but will also work with our marketing team to ensure that each strategy drafted can be modified without affecting the overall goals and objectives of the company.
Our marketing efforts will also incorporate technology as we will use our website and social media platforms such as Facebook, Twitter and YouTube to aggressively market our products and services. We intend to motivate our marketing team and continually benchmark any success achieved.
We intend for our marketing goals to align with our overall business and corporate goals so that the company would achieve a uniform direction. Therefore, below are the strategies that Soccer Star intends to adopt in marketing our indoor soccer facility business;
- Approach schools, organizations and public agencies here in Maryland to introduce our indoor soccer facility
- Throw a soccer themed huge party when we finally open our doors to the public in such a way that will generate interest
- Ensure that our indoor soccer facility business is listed in offline directories
- Engage in direct marketing via our marketing team
- Ensure that we advertise our indoor soccer facility business in local newspapers, magazines and on radio and television stations
- Make use of social media platforms, blogs and forums to market our indoor soccer facility business.
Indoor Soccer Facility Business Plan – Publicity and Advertising Strategy
Ensuring that we have great publicity for our business is a must; because it is only through a thorough promotion of our business can we not only increase our revenue generation but also ably compete with other indoor soccer facilities here in Glenn Dale – Maryland as well as in the whole of the United States of America.
We would need to explore all the means of promoting Soccer Star Premier Indoor Facility and so to this effect we have hire a publicity consultant here in Maryland who is not only reputable but also knowledgeable about the business and the industry in general.
Our publicity consultant has come up with different strategies that will not only promote our business and communicate our brand but also generate revenue for us thereby improving our bottom line. Therefore the strategies which we intend to adopt for our indoor soccer facility business are;
- Engaging in as well as sponsoring relevant community programs
- Placing adverts in local newspapers and relevant magazines as well as on radio and television stations
- Installing attractive billboards in strategic locations all around Maryland
- Making good use of our website as well as social media platforms like Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and YouTube to promote our indoor soccer facility
- Ensuring that our fliers are pasted in strategic locations while are handbills are distributed as well in schools
- Carrying out our publicity campaigns in schools and sponsoring soccer events
Our Pricing Strategy
Deciding what rates we would charge our members as well as visitors who intend to use our indoor soccer facility is not something that would require too much of a detailed strategy. This is because there are standard rates for some of the services we intend to offer to our customers. We may however need to review our prices for those who would want to use our facilities for other purposes and events other than soccer.
However, because we would want to attract as many customers as we can to out indoor soccer facility business, we intend to offer discounts in ticket prices and membership fees for the first two months of operations. This we believe will afford more customers to be able to use our facility and still stick around once the rates are normalized due to our superior services that would be offered here.
We however wish to assure our stakeholders that we would not run at a loss during the two months low rates we intend to offer to our customers.
- Payment Options
Due to the various services we intend to offer at Soccer Star Premier Indoor Facility, we have come up with different payment options guaranteed to suit the diverse preferences of our various customers. Therefore the payment options we intend to make available for our various customers are:
- Cash payment
- Payment via credit card
- Payment via Point of Sale (POS) Machine
- Payment via check
- Payment via online payment portal
Start – Up Expenditure (Budget)
The indoor soccer facility business is one that is capital intensive and as such a huge amount of the capital will be used for several fixed overhead expenses such as leasing of a property and renovating it to the world class standard which we intend for it.
Another huge part of the capital will be used to pay our employees and also certain bills that will crop up for a period of time till the business is able to start making money and suitably sustaining itself. Therefore the key areas where we expect to spend a huge part of our start-up capital on are;
- Total fee for registering our indoor soccer facility business in the United States of America – $1,000
- Obtaining of licenses, zoning permits (municipality and state) – $5,000
- Purchasing of accounting and POS software – $2,000
- Purchasing premium insurance coverage (general liability, workers’ compensation, property insurance) – $10,000
- Costs of hiring business consultants – $20,000
- Cost of leasing a huge space and carrying out construction and renovation for at least two years – $1,000,000
- Operation expenses for the first 6 months (employee salaries and utility bill payment) – $280,000
- Purchase of official vehicles and van – $100,000
- Purchase of equipment for use – $30,000
- General marketing expenses as well as promotion expenses for grand opening event – $30,000
- Other administrative start-up expenses (furnishing offices with phones, furniture, computers and printers; locker rooms and general facility with lighting and security) – $50,000
- Cost of storage equipment (lockers, bins and shelves) – $10,000
- Cost of launching an official website – $2,000
- Cost of throwing a soccer themed party – $10,000
- Miscellaneous – $50,000
From the above analysis, we would need an estimate of $1,600,000 to be able to start up and successfully run an indoor soccer facility in Glenn Dale – Maryland that would be able to compete with other indoor soccer facility in and around Maryland. The bulk of the start-up capital will go into paying employing salaries, leasing a facility, carrying out renovations as well as furnishing the place.
Generating Funding / Startup Capital for Soccer Star Indoor Facility Business
Soccer Star Premier Indoor Facility is a business that is owned and run by Steve McDermott, who is an entrepreneur and a soccer enthusiast. Due to the fact that this is a capitally intensive business, McDermott has decided to go high while sourcing for funds for his business.
The areas which he intends to source for start-up capital for his indoor soccer facility business are;
- From sale of high end personal stock and property
- Approach a venture capitalist for loan in return for a stake in the business
- Apply for loan from commercial bank
N/B: From the sale of high end personal stock and property, McDermott realized the sum of $300,000. The sum of $500,000 was gotten from a venture capitalist, after going through our business plan, in exchange for 5% equity stake in the business and all the necessary documents have been signed.
After satisfying all the requirements needed by the bank, the sum of $800,000 has been approved for Mr. Steve McDermott and the amount is likely to be credited to Soccer Star’s account soon.
Indoor Soccer Facility Business Plan – Sustainability and Expansion Strategy
Because we take our indoor soccer facility business seriously, we therefore intend to ensure that we not only generate income and also exist to compete with our competitors but that we build a business that will sustain itself and also expand at a pre-determined pace. To achieve this we will ensure that we hire competent employers, we promote our business intensely and that we retain a high number of our loyal clients.
Ensuring that we build a solid business structure is very important if we intend to get it right as a business and to this effect we will ensure that we hire competent employees who understand the business thoroughly. We also intend to ensure that our employees are adequately trained on a continuous basis so as to not only improve their skills but also ensure that their productivity for the company is improved.
Asides from training our employees, we intend to make sure the working environment is conducive, that they are paid well and that they have a good welfare package.
Publicity of a business is very essential and to this effect we intend to ensure that our business is adequately and intensely promoted as we would want to not only penetrate the market but also get a huge share of the market. We do not intend to limit our publicity to conventional method as we intend to aggressively employ unconventional methods in ensuring that we not only attract and retain our customers but that our revenues are sufficiently improved.
Customers are very important to a business and having a huge number of loyal customers means a business’ bottom line is secured. To this effect we intend to keep out loyal customers by offering them discounts when applicable and also ensuring that those that refer us get an incentive for doing so. Engaging in these three tasks will we believe sustain and expand our business.
Check List / Milestone
- Business Name Availability Check: Completed
- Business Registration: Completed
- Opening of Corporate Bank Accounts: Completed
- Securing Point of Sales (POS) Machines: Completed
- Opening Mobile Money Accounts: Completed
- Opening Online Payment Platforms: Completed
- Application and Obtaining Tax Payer’s ID: In Progress
- Application for business license and permit: Completed
- Purchase of Insurance for the Business: Completed
- Conducting Feasibility Studies: Completed
- Generating capital from family members: Completed
- Applications for Loan from the bank: In Progress
- Writing of Business Plan: Completed
- Drafting of Employee’s Handbook: Completed
- Drafting of Contract Documents and other relevant Legal Documents: In Progress
- Design of The Company’s Logo: Completed
- Graphic Designs and Printing of Packaging Marketing / Promotional Materials: In Progress
- Recruitment of employees: In Progress
- Creating Official Website for the Company: In Progress
- Creating Awareness for the business both online and around the community: In Progress
- Health and Safety and Fire Safety Arrangement (License): Secured
- Opening party / launching party planning: In Progress
- Establishing business relationship with vendors – wholesale suppliers / merchants: In Progress
- Purchase of trucks: Completed