Are you about writing a microbrewery business plan? If YES, here is a sample attention grabbing microbrewery business plan executive summary, goals, mission and vision statements, product/service description and management structure that will surely attract investors.
- Executive Summary
- Market Analysis
- SWOT Analysis
- Financial Projection
- Marketing Plan
- Marketing ideas & Strategies
A Sample Microbrewery Business Plan Executive Summary
Green Life Brewery Company is a microbrewery that will be located at 500 S. Grand Central Parkway in Las Vegas, Nevada. The facility is close to the popular Market Center Las Vegas. We were able to secure a one-year lease of a vacant pub in the location and we are fortunate to secure a facility with an option of a long term renewal on an agreed terms and conditions that is favorable to us.
We can confidently say that our beers are going to be handmade from an all-malt mash in our uniquely built copper brew house and our brewery process is sure going to be a combination of the time-honored art of classical craft brewing and carefully applied state-of-the-art modern methods.
The facility we intend starting our microbrewery company from has the capacity to accommodate about 25 tables and a minimum of 100 seats. It also has enough space to accommodate our back office operations, storage room and microbrewery.
We will work towards ensuring that our microbrewery is designed and constructed in such a way that it will meet the expected standard required by the authority and in such a way that it will be relaxing and conducive for networking and socializing not ignoring the fact that at all – times good music (live band, karaoke and jazz et al) will be played at the background to create the ambience that our customers will cherish.
Green Life Brewery Company is all out to give beer lovers in Las Vegas value for their money. One thing that is certain is that Green Life Brewery Company will operate in the neatest of environment and excellent customer service will be what we are known for.
Much more than selling locally brewed beer in Las Vegas, we will create an environment where customers can network with each other in a relaxed environment whilst enjoying their brewed beer in our pub. Our aim of starting a microbrewery company is to help our highly esteemed consumers’ relief their daily stress while enjoying our well refined brewed beer.
From time to time, we will give beer lovers the opportunity to come to our pub to have a feel of some of the finest locally brewed beers in Las Vegas that is carefully crafted by us to meet their need.
There is no suspicion that we are not going to struggle to attract customers because of the positioning of our microbrewery and pub, but will continue to strive to build a loyal customer base by offering unique flavored beer in a relaxed and conducive environment. We will not restrict the sale of our locally brewed beer to our pub alone; hence we have mapped out distribution channels in and around Las Vegas.
Green Life Microbrewery Company is owned by Mr. Kingsley Johnson and his immediate family members. Mr. Johnson has well over 15 years of managerial experience in the microbrewery industry and he will be bringing the experience to the table to help build Green Life Microbrewery Company to become the number one microbrewery brand in Las Vegas.
- Our product
Green Life Micro Brewery Company is established with the sole aim of selling locally brewed beer in different flavor to our highly esteemed customers in Las Vegas and environs. In essence, beer is what we sell, but we sell them in different flavor (taste) and in different sizes. Any beer lover who visits our pub is sure going to find the following types of beer;
- Pale Beers
- Amber Beers
- Dark Beers
- Hebrew Beers
- Gluten Free
- Organic Brews
Our Vision Statement
Our vision is to establish a microbrewery in Las Vegas business that will be the melting pot of all lovers of locally brewed beer.
- Our Mission Statement
Our mission is to establish a microbrewery business that will make available assorted locally brewed beer for lovers of locally brewed beer in Las Vegas and in all the areas where our beers will be distributed.
- Our Business Structure
Despite the fact that we want to start a microbrewery business, we will not relent in building a business structure that will help us sustain our business and perhaps start selling our franchise faster than we anticipated. We have the plans of selling the franchise of Green Life Microbrewery Company once we are able to get it right in Las Vegas and we have set a 5 year target to achieve this.
In order to achieve our aim of becoming the number one microbrewery company in Las Vegas, we have perfected plans to hire the best hands in the industry; we want to build a business that can run on auto pilot. Excellent customer service will be one of the selling points for Green Life Microbrewery Company, which is why we have invested in continuous training of all our employees. Our business structure is simple (moderate numbers of employees), but very effective and focused.
As a matter of fact, a full-time bar manager will be hired to oversee the daily operations at Green Life Microbrewery Company. The candidate has well over 10 years of managerial experience in the microbrewery industry and pub management. His responsibilities will include managing the staff, ordering inventory, dealing with suppliers, developing a marketing strategy and performing other daily managerial duties.
We believe that our candidate has the right experience for this role. We have put in place a profit-sharing arrangement for the manager which will be activated based on his performance for the first 2 years. With that we will be able to get a committed manager. Below is the structure we will build Green Life Microbrewery Company on;
- Chief Executive Officer (Owner)
- Bar Manager
- Bartender / Baristas
- Accountants / Cashiers
- Greeters / Customer Service Agent / Table Attendant
Roles and Responsibilities
Chief Executive Officer – CEO:
- Responsible for providing direction for the business
- Creates, communicates, and implements the organization’s vision, mission, and overall direction – i.e. leading the development and implementation of the overall organization’s strategy.
- Responsible for fixing prices and signing business deals
- Responsible for recruitment
- Responsible for payment of salaries
- Responsible for signing checks and documents on behalf of the company
- Evaluates the success of the organization
Microbrewery / Pub Manager:
- Responsible for managing the daily activities in the microbrewery and pub
- Ensures that the facility (pub and microbrewery) is in tip top shape and conducive enough to welcome customers
- Interfaces with vendors
- Reports to the Chief Executive Officer
- Attends to Customers complains and enquiries
- Prepares budget and reports for the organization
- Responsible for Training and Development in the organization
- Responsible for procuring of raw materials and equipment
- Handles any other duty as assigned by the CEO
Bartender / Baristas:
- Responsible for preparing different flavor and types of beers for customers
- Makes lists of supplies in conjunction with the microbrewery and pub manager
- Ensures that each cup of coffee that leaves the kitchen is tailor made and meet the request of each customer
- Responsible for quality control
- Handles any other duty as assigned by the microbrewery /pub Manager and CEO
Accountant / Cashier:
- Receives payments on behalf of Green Life Microbrewery Company
- Issues receipt to customers
- Prepares financial report at the end of every working week
- Handles all financial transaction on behalf of the company
- Interfaces with our bankers
- Responsible for payment of tax, levies and utility bills
- Handles any other duty as assigned by the CEO / microbrewery manager
Greeters / Customer Service Agent / Table Attendant
- Opens doors and welcomes customers
- Ensures that customers feel relaxed and at home
- Handles customers enquiries
- Takes customers’ orders
- Serves customer
- Handles any other duty as assigned by the pub manager
- Responsible for cleaning the microbrewery and pub facility at all times
- Washes tumblers, and kegs et al
- Ensures that toiletries and supplies don’t run out of stock
- Cleans both the interior and exterior of the pub and microbrewery
- Handles any other duty as assigned by the restaurant manager