Do you run a microbrewery and you want to increase customer loyalty and product sales? If YES, here are 50 creative microbrewery marketing ideas & branding strategies.
Having provided you with a:
- Beer Industry Overview
- Market Research and Feasibility
- Microbrewery Business Plan
- Microbrewery Marketing Plan
- Microbrewery Name ideas
- Microbrewery Licenses and Permits
- Cost for Starting a Microbrewery
- Microbrewery Marketing ideas
50 Creative Microbrewery Marketing ideas & Strategies
- Demographics and Psychographics
When it comes to selling beers, there is indeed a wide range of available customers. In essence, the demographics and psychographics can’t be restricted to just a group of people, but all those who love beers and those who would want to try it out. One thing is certain, if you are going to sell beer in the United States, it must be sold to people who are above 18 years not to under age.
If you are looking towards starting a brewery, then you can be prepared to sell your beers to the following group of people;
- Corporate Executives
- Business People
- People in the entertainment industry
- Sports Men and Women
- Government Officials
- College Students who are above 18 years
- The Level of Competition in the Brewery Industry
The fact that beers are consumed globally encourages entrepreneurs to come into the industry hence the level of competition in the industry.
There are different levels of competition in the brewery industry and it exists between companies that own larger breweries and also between companies that own microbreweries. It is normal for standard breweries whose beers are distributed regionally or nationally to compete with one another while microbreweries that operates within same location competes for the available market share.
It is also worth mentioning the breweries in the United State also compete with breweries from other countries simply because beers are imported from other countries into the United States.
The truth is that, despite the high level of competition in the brewery industry, entrepreneurs who run the business are still making their profits and some of them generate as high as 50 percent turnover rate especially those microbreweries / craft breweries that are well positioned and over time have been able to secure loads of loyal customers.
Factors That Will Help You Get the Right Product Pricing for your Beer
It is a fact that any fluctuation in cost of raw materials that are used in brewing beers directly impacts margins. One of the ways to get the right pricing and still make reasonable profit from the brewery business is to ensure that you buy your raw materials directly from a wholesale distributor or a farm market. This will help you to mitigate cost fluctuations.
You can as well employ only key employees and outsource some roles that are not essential. With that, you will be able to cut cost of running the business and that will in turn help you get the right pricing that will enable you sell at a lower price and in turn attract loads of customers.
Guerrilla Marketing Strategies for Our Microbrewery
- Creating Brand Identity for Our Microbrewery Company
We are quite aware that our brand has to do with the way people perceive us to be, which is why we are deliberate when it comes to communicating and promoting our brand.
In promoting our brand and corporate identity, we will leverage on print and electronic media. As a matter of fact, it is cost effective to use social media platforms to promote our brands, besides it is pretty much effective.
Here are the ways we intend creating brand identity of our microbrewery company
- Designed a unique corporate logo
- Place adverts on both print and electronic media platforms
- Ensures that our workers wear our branded shirts at all times during working hours and also we will make sure we brand our vans, trucks and cars et al.
- Place our flexi banners with our company’s logo and contacts in strategic positions
- Sponsor relevant TV programs, Radio programs and community based programs
- Maximize our company’s website to promote our business
- Leverage on the internet and social media platforms like; Instagram, Facebook ,Twitter, LinkedIn, Badoo, Snap Chat, Google+ and other platforms to promote our corporate brand
- Install our Bill Boards on strategic locations
- Distribute our fliers and handbills in targeted areas from time to time
Actionable Marketing ideas for Our Microbrewery Business
Cost Effective Ways We Intend to Advertise / Promote Our Microbrewery Business without Using the Internet
- Place adverts on national TV stations, Radio Stations and Newspapers / Magazines
- Sponsor relevant community program
- Install our Bill Boards on strategic locations
- List our microbrewery business on yellow pages
- Distribute our fliers and handbills to targeted areas from time to time
- Ensures that our workers wear our branded shirts at all times during working hours.
Low Cost Ways We Intend to Advertise / Promote Our Microbrewery on the Internet
We are quite aware that the internet is presently the biggest platform when it comes advertising / promoting any business and one good thing about adverting on the internet that is far cheaper than other conventional advertising platforms. This is why we will ensure that we explore all available means on the internet platform to advertise our microbrewery business.
Here are they ways we intending leveraging on the internet to advertise / promote our microbrewery business:
- Leverage on social media platforms such as; Instagram, Facebook , Badoo, Snap chat, YouTube, Twitter, Google + et al
- Make use of mobile apps to promote our locally brewed beers
- Design an interactive corporate website and use the platform to promote our microbrewery business
- Place adverts on high traffic websites
- Engage in blogging and make use of the platform to promote our microbrewery business
- Leverage on email marketing strategy to advertise and promote our locally brewed beers business
Creative Marketing Ideas Specific to Our Microbrewery Business
When it comes to crafting out creative marketing ideas that is specific to microbrewery business or similar businesses, one of the strategies to adopt is to ensure that we give out free locally brewed beers from our microbrewery during the official opening of the microbrewery and also on some specific days. This will enable potential customers have a taste / feel of the assorted locally brewed beer flavors that we produce from your microbrewery.
One thing is certain, if they enjoy the taste of our locally brewed beer; they are more likely to come back and buy from us and in turn become our loyal customers and brand ambassadors.
In recent time, the internet has become one of the most potent tools when it comes to marketing any goods and services. Those who operate microbreweries are not left out when it comes to developing creative ways of marketing their locally brewed beers via the internet. One thing about internet marketing is that we can direct your marketing effort towards our target market with the help of internet filters and other relevant software applications.
Creating a Suppliers/Distribution Network for your Microbrewery
Beer distribution in the United States of America is categorized into manufacturers, wholesalers and retailers. Breweries are responsible for producing the beer, distributors are responsible for transporting and selling the beers to retailers, and retailers are responsible for selling beer to the general public as guided by the law in the United States of America.
It is important to put into proper perspective distribution network when shopping for a location to build your brewery plant. If you are centrally located, it will be easier for distributors to access your plant and distribute your beers to retailers.