Are you about starting a organic fertilizer production business? If YES, here is a complete sample organic fertilizer production business plan template & feasibility report you can use for FREE.
Okay, so we have considered all the requirements for starting an organic fertilizer production business. We also took it further by analyzing and drafting a sample organic fertilizer production marketing plan template backed up by actionable guerrilla marketing ideas for organic fertilizer production businesses. So let’s proceed to the business planning section.
Why Start an Organic Fertilizer Production Business?
One of the agriculture related business opportunities that an entrepreneur can successfully start in any part of the world is to go into the manufacturing of organic fertilizer. Organic fertilizer which is also known as compost or manure is produced from human excreta, animal matter or decomposed vegetable / plants.
It is what is used in the cultivation of organic food. There are various sources of organic fertilizer; they are a mineral source (peat et al) which is the main source of organic fertilizer, others are animal sources, plants, and sewage sludge (bio – solids).
Starting an organic fertilizer manufacturing company can be considered to be capital intensive, but it is indeed money – spinning business if it is well located. You also stand the chance of receiving grants from the government of your country and also other donor agencies if you start your own organic fertilizer manufacturing company. It is important to state that if you can’t bear offensive odors, then you should think twice before setting up an organic fertilizer manufacturing company.
So, if you have made up your mind to launch an organic fertilizer production business, then you should ensure that you carry out feasibility studies and also market survey. This will enable you to hit the ground running. Business plan is yet another very important business document to you should not take for granted in the bit to launching your own business.
Below is a sample organic fertilizer production company business plan template that can help you to successfully write your own with little or no stress.
A Sample Organic Fertilizer Production Business Plan Template
- Industry Overview
Those who are into organic crops cultivation mainly make use of organic fertilizer and organic fertilizers are fertilizers that are generated from animal matter, human excreta or vegetable matter. Examples of organic fertilizer are compost and manure.
As you expected, organic fertilizers include animal wastes from meat processing, peat, manure, slurry, and guano et al. The main organic fertilizers are animal wastes (often from slaughter houses), peat, plant wastes from agriculture, and treated sewage sludge et al.
Operators in the organic fertilizer production industry basically manufacture pure organic fertilizer products. The products are properly packaged and distributed via wholesale arrangements with third parties or, in the case of vertically integrated operations, by the manufacturer.
The Fertilizer Manufacturing industry of which organic fertilizer production line of business is subset of is a thriving sector of the economy of the United States of America and they generates a whooping sum of well over $23 billion annually from more than 476 registered and licensed wheat fertilizer manufacturing companies scattered all around the United States of America.
The industry is responsible for the employment of well over 16,278 people. Experts project the fertilizer manufacturing industry to grow at a -2.0 percent annual rate. Agrium Inc., CF Industries, Mosaic and Potash Corporation of Saskatchewan are the market leaders in the fertilizer manufacturing industry; they have the lion market share in the United States of America.
According to research carried out by IBISWORLD, they stated that the initial capital outlays required to enter this industry are quite significant. Operators require more than five million USD to construct a competitive fertilizer plant.
For example, nitrogen plants that can produce one million metric tons of nitrogen products cost between seven hundred million USD and one billion USD and take two to three years to build, while phosphate plants can cost over $1.5 billion and take three to four years to build.
The research also state that Potash plants cost even more: $2.5 billion, excluding infrastructure outside of the plant, such as natural gas lines, rail lines and cars and port facilities and have longer development time of five to seven years. Taken together these factors illustrate that this industry has high barriers to entry.
With this kind of business, if you want to start on a small scale, you can choose to start servicing your local farming community. All you would need is contacts, packaging, networking and good marketing and customer service skills. However, if you intend starting it on a large scale, then you should consider spreading beyond your local community to state level and even national level.
Over and above, the organic fertilizer manufacturing line of business is a profitable industry and it is open for any aspiring entrepreneur to come in and establish his or her business; you can chose to start on a small scale servicing a community or you can chose to start on a large scale with several distribution outlets in key cities all around the United States of America.
Organic Fertilizer Production Business Plan – Executive Summary
Texas Countryside® Organic Fertilizer Production Co is a licensed and standard organic fertilizer production company that will be located close to a farming community in Houston – Texas. We have been able to secure a long term lease for a facility in a strategic location close to a big farming community with an option of a long term renewal on an agreed terms and conditions that is favorable to us.
The facility has government approval for the kind of business we want to run and it is easily accessible and we are deliberate about that to facilitate easy movement of raw materials and finished products.
We are in the fertilizer manufacturing industry to engage in the processing, packaging and retailing of natural-organic and animal-waste or sewage-origin fertilizers and potting soil, plant foods and compost et al. We are also in business to make profits at the same to give our customers value for their money; we want to give people and businesses who patronize our organic fertilizer the opportunity to be part of the success story of Texas Countryside® Organic Fertilizer Production Co.
We are aware that there are several big scale and small scale fertilizer cum organic fertilizer production companies scattered all around the United States and Canada whose products can be found in every nooks and crannies of The United States and Canada, which is why we spent time and resources to conduct our feasibility studies and market survey so as to enable us locate the business in an area that will support the growth of the business and also for us to be able offer much more than our competitors will be offering.
We ensured that our facility is easy to locate and we have mapped out plans to develop a wide distribution network all around Houston – Texas and throughout the United States of America.
Much more than producing quality and plant friendly organic fertilizer, our customer care is going to be second to none. We know that our customers are the reason why we are in business which is why we will go the extra mile to get them satisfied when they visit purchase our warehouse and also to become our loyal customers and ambassadors.
Texas Countryside® Organic Fertilizer Production Co will ensure that all our customers (wholesale distributors) are given first class treatment whenever they visit our organic fertilizer production plant or warehouse. We have a CRM software that will enable us manage a one on one relationship with our customers (wholesale distributors) no matter how large the numbers of our customer base may grow to. We will ensure that we get our customers involved when making some business decisions that will directly or indirectly affect them.
Texas Countryside® Organic Fertilizer Production Co is family business that will be owned and managed by Ryan Whyte and his immediate family members. Ryan Whyte who is the Chief Executive Officer of the Company is Graduate of Micro Biologist and he holds a Master’s Degree in Business Management (MBA).
He has well over 7 years of experience working in related industry as a senior manager prior to starting Texas Countryside® Organic Fertilizer Production Co. He will be working with a team of professionals to build the business and grow it to enviably height.
- Our Product Offering
Texas Countryside® Organic Fertilizer Production Co is going to operate a small scale but standard and licensed organic fertilizer production company whose products will not only be sold in Houston – Texas but also throughout the United States of America. We are in this line of business to make profits and also to give our customers value for their money.
We are going to do all that is permitted by the law of the United States to achieve our business aim and ambition. Our product offering will be;
- Manufacturing natural-organic and animal-waste or sewage-origin fertilizers
- Manufacturing potting soil, plant foods and compost
Our Vision Statement
Our vision is to establish a small scale but standard Organic Fertilizer Production Company whose products will not only be sold in Houston – Texas, but also throughout the United States of America and Canada.
- Our Mission Statement
Our mission is to establish a small scale but standard and world class Organic Fertilizer Production Company that in our own capacity will favorably compete with leaders in the industry. We want to build an organic fertilizer production business that will be listed amongst the top 10 organic fertilizer brands in the United States of America and Canada
- Our Business Structure
Texas Countryside® Organic Fertilizer Production Co is a business that is established with the aim of competing favorably with other leading organic fertilizer production brands in the United States of America and Canada. This is why we will ensure that we put the right structure in place that will support the kind of growth that we have in mind while setting up the business.
We will ensure that we only hire people that are qualified, honest, hardworking, customer centric and are ready to work to help us build a prosperous business that will benefit all the stake holders (the owners, workforce, and customers).
As a matter of fact, profit-sharing arrangement will be made available to all our senior management staff and it will be based on their performance for a period of five years or more depending how fast we meet our set target. In view of that, we have decided to hire qualified and competent hands to occupy the following positions;
- Chief Executive Officer (Owner)
- Plant Manager
- Human Resources and Admin Manager
- Merchandize Manager
- Sales and Marketing Manager
- Machine Operators
- Accountants / Cashiers
- Distribution Truck Drivers
Roles and Responsibilities
Chief Executive Officer – CEO (Owner):
- Increases management’s effectiveness by recruiting, selecting, orienting, training, coaching, counseling, and disciplining managers; communicating values, strategies, and objectives; assigning accountabilities; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results; developing incentives; developing a climate for offering information and opinions; providing educational opportunities.
- Creates, communicates, and implements the organization’s vision, mission, and overall direction – i.e. leading the development and implementation of the overall organization’s strategy.
- Responsible for fixing prices and signing business deals
- Responsible for providing direction for the business
- Responsible for signing checks and documents on behalf of the company
- Evaluates the success of the organization
- Responsible for overseeing the smooth running of the organic fertilizer plant
- Part of the team that determines the quantity of organic fertilizer bags that are to be produced
- Maps out strategy that will lead to efficiency amongst workers in the plant
- Responsible for training, evaluation and assessment of plant workers
- Ensures that the steady flow of both raw materials to the plant and easy flow of finished products through wholesale distributors to the market
- Ensures operation of equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; calling for repairs.
- Ensures that the plant meets the expected safety and health standard at all times.
Human Resources and Admin Manager
- Responsible for overseeing the smooth running of HR and administrative tasks for the organization
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Enhances department and organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Defines job positions for recruitment and managing interviewing process
- Carries out staff induction for new team members
- Responsible for training, evaluation and assessment of employees
- Oversees the smooth running of the daily office and plant activities.
- Manages vendor relations, market visits, and the ongoing education and development of the organizations’ buying teams
- Helps to ensure consistent quality of organic fertilizer and packaging materials are purchased
- Responsible for the purchase of raw materials and packaging materials
- Responsible for planning sales, monitoring inventory, selecting the merchandise, and writing and pricing orders to vendors
- Ensures that the organization operates within stipulated budget.
Sales and Marketing Manager
- Manages external research and coordinate all the internal sources of information to retain the organizations’ best customers and attract new ones
- Models demographic information and analyze the volumes of transactional data generated by customer purchases
- Identify, prioritize, and reach out to new partners, and business opportunities et al
- Responsible for supervising implementation, advocate for the customer’s needs, and communicate with clients
- Develops, executes and evaluates new plans for expanding increase sales
- Documents all customer contact and information
- Represents the company in strategic meetings
- Helps increase sales and growth for the company
Accountant / Cashier
- Responsible for preparing financial reports, budgets, and financial statements for the organization
- Provides managements with financial analyses, development budgets, and accounting reports; analyzes financial feasibility for the most complex proposed projects; conducts market research to forecast trends and business conditions.
- Responsible for financial forecasting and risks analysis.
- Performs cash management, general ledger accounting, and financial reporting
- Responsible for developing and managing financial systems and policies
- Responsible for administering payrolls
- Ensures compliance with taxation legislation
- Handles all financial transactions for the organization
- Serves as internal auditor for the organization
Client Service Executive
- Ensures that all contacts with customer (e-mail, walk-In center, SMS or phone) provides the client with a personalized customer service experience of the highest level
- Through interaction with customers on the phone, uses every opportunity to build client’s interest in the company’s products and services
- Manages administrative duties assigned by the store manager in an effective and timely manner
- Consistently stays abreast of any new information on Texas Countryside® Organic Fertilizer Production Co products, promotional campaigns etc. to ensure accurate and helpful information is supplied to clients when they make enquiries
Production Workers / Machine Operators:
- Responsible for processing and packaging (bagging) organic fertilizer
- Assists in packaging and loading organic fertilizer (bags) into distribution trucks
- Any other duty as assigned by the plant manager.
Distribution Truck Drivers
- Assists in loading and unloading organic fertilizers and raw materials
- Maintains a logbook of their driving activities to ensure compliance with federal regulations governing the rest and work periods for operators.
- Keeps a record of vehicle inspections and make sure the truck is equipped with safety equipment
- Assists the transport and logistics manager in planning their route according to a delivery schedule.
- Local-delivery drivers may be required to sell products or services to stores and businesses on their route, obtain signatures from recipients and collect cash.
- Transports finished goods and raw materials over land to and from manufacturing plants or retail and distribution centers
- Inspect vehicles for mechanical items and safety issues and perform preventative maintenance
- Complies with hazardous waste truck driving rules and regulations (size, weight, route designations, parking, break periods etc.) as well as with company policies and procedures
- Collects and verifies delivery instructions
- Reports defects, accidents or violations
Organic Fertilizer Production Business Plan – SWOT Analysis
We are well informed that there are several organic fertilizer production companies both large and small in the United States of America and Canada which is why we are following the due process of establishing a business so as to compete favorable with them.
We know that if a proper SWOT analysis is conducted for our business, we will be able to position our business to maximize our strength, leverage on the opportunities that will be available to us, mitigate our risks and be welled equipped to confront our threats.
Texas Countryside® Organic Fertilizer Production Co employed the services of an expert HR and Business Analyst with bias in start – up business to help us conduct a thorough SWOT analysis and to help us create a business model that will help us achieve our business goals and objectives. This is the summary of the SWOT analysis that was conducted for Texas Countryside® Organic Fertilizer Production Co;
Part of what is going to count as positives for Texas Countryside® Organic Fertilizer Production Co is the vast experience of our management team, we have people on board who are highly experienced and understands how to grow business from the scratch to becoming a national phenomenon. So also our large national distribution network and of course our excellent customer service culture will definitely count as a strong strength for the business.
A major weakness that may count against us is the fact that we are a new organic fertilizer production company and we don’t have the financial capacity to engage in the kind of publicity that we intend giving the business.
The fact that loads of people are opting for healthy foods such as organic foods in the United States and in all the countries of the world means that the opportunity available to us is enormous.
As a result of that, we were able to conduct a thorough market survey and feasibility studies so as to enable us properly position our business to take advantage of the existing market for organic fertilizer and also to create our own new market. We know that it is going to requires hard work, and we are well prepared to achieve it.
We are quite aware that just like any other business, one of the major threats that we are likely going to face is economic downturn and unfavorable government policies. It is a fact that economic downturn affects purchasing power. Another threat that may likely confront us is the arrival of a new organic fertilizer production company in same location where ours is located.
Organic Fertilizer Production Business Plan – MARKET ANALYSIS
- Market Trends
The campaign for organic food which nutritionist considers being healthier than non – organic food makes it easier for organic fertilizer companies to sell their products. The truth is that organic fertilizer plays an important role in the cultivation of organic crops.
If you are conversant with the trends in amongst organic fertilizer production companies, you will realize that in the bid to expanding their brand and generate enough income, they do not just settle for just the production of organic fertilizer, they also engage in related activities such as producing non organic fertilizer.
They are able to achieve this because the processes and machine involved are almost same as that required for the processing and bagging of organic fertilizer which is why they are categorized into same industry. With this, they are able to maximize their capacity and make good profits from the business.
- Our Target Market
When it comes to selling organic fertilizer, there is indeed a large market. In essence, our target market can’t be restricted to just a farmers who are strictly cultivating organic crops, but all those who are involved any form of crop cultivation.
In view of that, we have conducted our market research and we have ideas of what our target market would be expecting from us. We are in business to engage in production, wholesale distribution and to retail well – packaged organic fertilizer in different sizes to the following groups of people;
- Organic crop farmers
- Non – organic crop farmers
Our Competitive Advantage
A close study of the organic fertilizer production industry reveals that the market has become much more intensely competitive over the last decade. As a matter of fact, you have to be highly creative, customer centric and proactive if you must survive in this industry.
We are aware of the stiffer competition and we are well prepared to compete favorably with other organic fertilizer production companies in Houston – Texas and throughout the United States and Canada.
Texas Countryside® Organic Fertilizer Production Co is launching a standard organic fertilizer brand that will indeed become the preferred choice of farmers in Houston – Texas and every city where our well – packaged organic fertilizer will be distributed and retailed.
Part of what is going to count as competitive advantage for Texas Countryside® Organic Fertilizer Production Co is the vast experience of our management team, we have people on board who are highly experienced and understands how to grow business from the scratch to becoming a national phenomenon. So also our large national distribution network and of course our excellent customer service culture will definitely count as a strong strength for the business.
Lastly, our employees will be well taken care of, and their welfare package will be among the best within our category (startups organic fertilizer production companies) in the industry, meaning that they will be more than willing to build the business with us and help deliver our set goals and achieve all our aims and objectives. We will also give good working conditions and commissions to freelance sales agents that we will recruit from time to time.
Organic Fertilizer Production Business Plan – SALES AND MARKETING STRATEGY
- Sources of Income
Texas Countryside® Organic Fertilizer Production Co is established with the aim of maximizing profits in the organic fertilizer production industry in both the United States of America and Canada and we are going to go all the way to ensure that we do all it takes to sell our well processed and well – bagged organic fertilizer to a wide range of customers.
Texas Countryside® Organic Fertilizer Production Co will generate income by;
- Manufacturing natural-organic and animal-waste or sewage-origin fertilizers
- Manufacturing potting soil, plant foods and compost
One thing is certain when it comes to organic fertilizer production business, if your organic fertilizer are well – packaged and branded and if your production mill is centrally positioned and easily accessible, you will always attract customers cum sales and that will sure translate to increase in revenue generation for the business.
We are well positioned to take on the available market in Houston – Texas and every city where our well processed and well – packaged organic fertilizer will be distributed and retailed and we are quite optimistic that we will meet our set target of generating enough income / profits from the first six month of operations and grow the business and our clientele base.
We have been able to critically examine the organic fertilizer production industry and we have analyzed our chances in the industry and we have been able to come up with the following sales forecast. The sales projections are based on information gathered on the field and some assumptions that are peculiar to startups in Houston – Texas.
Below are the sales projection for Texas Countryside® Organic Fertilizer Production Co, it is based on the location of our business and other factors as it relates to small scale and medium scale organic fertilizer production company start – ups in the United States;
- First Fiscal Year-: $240,000
- Second Fiscal Year-: $450,000
- Third Fiscal Year-: $750,000
N.B: This projection is done based on what is obtainable in the industry and with the assumption that there won’t be any major economic meltdown and there won’t be any major competitor offering same products and customer care services as we do within same location. Please note that the above projection might be lower and at the same time it might be higher.
- Marketing Strategy and Sales Strategy
Before choosing a location for Texas Countryside® Organic Fertilizer Production Co we conduct a thorough market survey and feasibility studies in order for us to be able to be able to penetrate the available market in our target market locations.
We have detailed information and data that we were able to utilize to structure our business to attract the numbers of customers we want to attract per time and also for our products to favorable compete with other leading organic fertilizer brands in the United States of America and Canada.
We hired experts who have good understanding of the organic fertilizer production industry to help us develop marketing strategies that will help us achieve our business goal of winning a larger percentage of the available market in Houston – Texas and other cities in the United States of America and Canada.
In other to continue to be in business and grow, we must continue to sell our well – bagged organic fertilizer to the available market which is why we will go all out to empower or sales and marketing team to deliver our corporate sales goals.
In summary, Texas Countryside® Organic Fertilizer Production Co will adopt the following sales and marketing approach to sell our organic fertilizer;
- Introduce our organic fertilizer brand by sending introductory letters to residence, wheat flour merchants and other stakeholders in Houston – Texas and other cities both in the United States of America and Canada
- Open our Houston – Texas production company with a party so as to capture the attention of residence who are our first targets
- Engage in road show in targeted farm communities from time to time to sell our organic fertilizer
- Advertise our organic fertilizer in community based newspapers, local TV and radio stations
- List our business and products on yellow pages ads (local directories)
- Leverage on the internet to promote our organic fertilizer brands
- Engage in direct marketing and sales
- Encourage the use of Word of mouth marketing (referrals)
Organic Fertilizer Production Business Plan – Publicity and Advertising Strategy
In as much as our organic fertilizer production company is a standard one with well processed and well packaged organic fertilizer that can favorably compete with other leading brands, we will still go ahead to intensify publicity for all our products and brand. We are going to explore all available means to promote Texas Countryside® Organic Fertilizer Production Co.
Texas Countryside® Organic Fertilizer Production Co has a long term plan of distributing our organic fertilizer in various farm locations all around the United States of America and Canada which is why we will deliberately build our brand to be well accepted in Houston – Texas before venturing out.
As a matter of fact, our publicity and advertising strategy is not solely for selling our products but to also effectively communicate our brand. Here are the platforms we intend leveraging on to promote and advertise Texas Countryside® Organic Fertilizer Production Co;
- Place adverts on both print (community based newspapers and magazines) and electronic media platforms
- Sponsor relevant community programs
- Leverage on the internet and social media platforms like; Instagram, Facebook , twitter, et al to promote our organic fertilizer brand
- Install our Bill Boards on strategic locations all around major cities in the United States of America and Canada
- Engage in road show from time to time in targeted communities
- Distribute our fliers and handbills in target areas
- Position our Flexi Banners at strategic positions in the location where we intend getting customers to start patronizing our products.
- Ensure that our organic fertilizer bags are well branded and that all our staff members wear our customized clothes, and all our official cars and distribution vans are customized and well branded.
Our Pricing Strategy
When it comes to pricing for products such as organic fertilizer, there are two sides to the coin. We are aware of the pricing trend in the organic fertilizer production industry which is why we have decided to produce various bags – sizes of organic fertilizer bag.
In view of that, our prices will conform to what is obtainable in the industry but will ensure that within the first 6 to 12 months our products are sold a little bit below the average prices of various organic fertilizer brands in the United States of America. We have put in place business strategies that will help us run on low profits for a period of 6 months; it is a way of encouraging people to buy into our organic fertilizer brands.
- Payment Options
The payment policy adopted by Texas Countryside® Organic Fertilizer Production Co is all inclusive because we are quite aware that different customers prefer different payment options as it suits them but at the same time, we will ensure that we abide by the financial rules and regulation of the United States of America.
Here are the payment options that Texas Countryside® Organic Fertilizer Production Co will make available to her clients;
- Payment via bank transfer
- Payment with cash
- Payment via Point of Sale Machine (POS)
- Payment via online bank transfer
- Payment via check
- Payment via bank draft
In view of the above, we have chosen banking platforms that will enable our client make payment for farm produces purchase without any stress on their part. Our bank account numbers will be made available on our website and promotional materials to clients who may want to deposit cash or make online transfer for the purchase of our products.
- Start – Up Expenditure (Budget)
In setting up any business, the amount or cost will depend on the approach and scale you want to undertake. If you intend to go big by renting a place, then you would need a good amount of capital as you would need to ensure that your employees are well taken care of, and that your facility is conducive enough for workers to be creative and productive.
This means that the start-up can either be low or high depending on your goals, vision and aspirations for your business.
The tools and equipment that will be used are nearly the same cost everywhere, and any difference in prices would be minimal and can be overlooked. As for the detailed cost analysis for starting a standard organic fertilizer production plant; it might differ in other countries due to the value of their money.
However, this is what it would cost us to set up Texas Countryside® Organic Fertilizer Production Co in the United of America;
- The Total Fee for Registering the Business in the United States of America – $750.
- Legal expenses for obtaining licenses and permits as well as the accounting services (software, P.O.S machines and other software) – $1,300.
- Marketing promotion expenses for the grand opening of Texas Countryside® Organic Fertilizer Production Co in the amount of $3,500 and as well as flyer printing (2,000 flyers at $0.04 per copy) for the total amount of – $3,580.
- Cost for hiring Business Consultant – $2,500.
- Insurance (general liability, workers’ compensation and property casualty) coverage at a total premium – $2,400.
- Cost for payment of rent for 12 month at $1.76 per square feet in the total amount of $105,600.
- Cost for construction of a standard organic fertilizer production plant – $100,000.
- Other start-up expenses including stationery ($500) and phone and utility deposits ($2,500).
- Operational cost for the first 3 months (salaries of employees, payments of bills et al) – $100,000
- The cost for Start-up inventory (raw materials and packaging materials et al) – $80,000
- Cost for organic fertilizer processing machines and packaging equipment – $100,000
- Cost for store equipment (cash register, security, ventilation, signage) – $13,750
- Cost of purchase of 3 distribution vans – $30,000
- The cost for the purchase of furniture and gadgets (Computers, Printers, Telephone, Fax Machines, tables and chairs et al) – $4,000.
- The cost of Launching a Website – $600
- The cost for our opening party – $10,000
- Miscellaneous – $10,000
We would need an estimate of $700,000 to successfully set up our organic fertilizer in Houston – Texas. Please note that this amount includes the salaries of all the staff for the first 3 month of operation.
Generating Funds / Startup Texas Countryside® Organic Fertilizer Production Co
Texas Countryside® Organic Fertilizer Production Co is a family business that is owned and financed by Ryan Whyte and his immediate family members. They do not intend to welcome any external business partner which is why he has decided to restrict the sourcing of the start – up capital to 3 major sources.
These are the areas we intend generating our start – up capital;
- Generate part of the start – up capital from personal savings and sell of stocks
- Source for soft loans from family members and friends
- Apply for loan from my Bank
N.B: We have been able to generate about $200,000 (Personal savings $150,000 and soft loan from family members $50,000) and we are at the final stages of obtaining a loan facility of $500,000 from our bank. All the papers and document have been signed and submitted, the loan has been approved and any moment from now our account will be credited with the amount.
Organic Fertilizer Production Business Plan – Sustainability and Expansion Strategy
The future of a business lies in the numbers of loyal customers that they have the capacity and competence of the employees, their investment strategy and the business structure. If all of these factors are missing from a business (company), then it won’t be too long before the business close shop.
One of our major goals of starting Texas Countryside® Organic Fertilizer Production Co is to build a business that will survive off its own cash flow without the need for injecting finance from external sources once the business is officially running.
We know that one of the ways of gaining approval and winning customers over is to retail our well processed and well bagged organic fertilizer a little bit cheaper than what is obtainable in the market and we are well prepared to survive on lower profit margin for a while.
Texas Countryside® Organic Fertilizer Production Co will make sure that the right foundation, structures and processes are put in place to ensure that our staff welfare are well taken of. Our company’s corporate culture is designed to drive our business to greater heights and training and re – training of our workforce is at the top burner.
As a matter of fact, profit-sharing arrangement will be made available to all our management staff and it will be based on their performance for a period of three years or more. We know that if that is put in place, we will be able to successfully hire and retain the best hands we can get in the industry; they will be more committed to help us build the business of our dreams.
Check List / Milestone
- Business Name Availability Check: Completed
- Business Registration: Completed
- Opening of Corporate Bank Accounts: Completed
- Securing Point of Sales (POS) Machines: Completed
- Opening Mobile Money Accounts: Completed
- Opening Online Payment Platforms: Completed
- Application and Obtaining Tax Payer’s ID: In Progress
- Application for business license and permit: Completed
- Purchase of Insurance for the Business: Completed
- Leasing of facility and construction of standard organic fertilizer production plant: In Progress
- Conducting Feasibility Studies: Completed
- Generating capital from family members and friends: Completed
- Applications for Loan from the bank: In Progress
- Writing of Business Plan: Completed
- Drafting of Employee’s Handbook: Completed
- Drafting of Contract Documents and other relevant Legal Documents: In Progress
- Design of The Company’s Logo: Completed
- Graphic Designs and Printing of Packaging Marketing / Promotional Materials: In Progress
- Recruitment of employees: In Progress
- Purchase of the Needed furniture, racks, shelves, computers, electronic appliances, office appliances and CCTV: In progress
- Creating Official Website for the Company: In Progress
- Creating Awareness for the business both online and around the community: In Progress
- Health and Safety and Fire Safety Arrangement (License): Secured
- Opening party / launching party planning: In Progress
- Establishing business relationship with vendors – wholesale suppliers / merchants: In Progress.