Are you about starting a rabbit farming business? If YES, here is a complete sample rabbit farming business plan template & feasibility report you can use for FREE.
Okay, so we have considered all the requirements for starting a rabbit farming business. We also took it further by analyzing and drafting a sample rabbit farming marketing plan template backed up by actionable guerrilla marketing ideas for rabbit farms. So let’s proceed to the business planning section.
Why Start a Rabbit Farming Business?
Rabbit farming is yet another highly thriving and profitable livestock breeding business that an entrepreneur who is interested in the agriculture cum livestock rearing industry should consider starting. There is no law prohibiting the keeping of rabbits in Towns and Cities. A backyard can serve as a good source of additional income, food and employment; thus reducing poverty, hunger and idleness.
Rabbits are prolific in nature, rabbit meat is highly in demand as it is medically recommended over red meat, rabbits have low mortality rate, and rabbits are not aggressive and require minimal handling. Rabbit do not compete with humans for food, as kitchen leftovers, cut grasses and formulated or compounded feed can sustain them. Rabbit keeping does not require much capital for investment and maintenance.
As little space is needed, most rabbits could be kept in the backyard or in the abandoned sheds. With just two male rabbits and six females, a wire cage and information from a farming manual. Aside the knowledge, it is also important that you are passionate about animals. If not, then get someone who loves spending time with animals.
Starting this venture sure is a very profitable one. However care has to be taken as you look to start on the right footing. One of the things that you will have to do to bring that to fruition is to write a business plan. You will need to put down on pare how to plan to run this business, the type of strategies that you are looking to adopt as you look at starting the business. You will also need to lean of some technicalities that have to do with the business.
Here is a sample rabbit farming business plan that just might help you chart a good course for your own business as you choose to start;
A Sample Rabbit Farming Business Plan Template
- Business Overview
A pretty good business that falls under the agriculture cum meat production industry that an entrepreneur can successful start is rabbit farming. Rabbit farming is not capital intensive and management tasking, especially when compared to other meat rearing business like poultry and catfish farming.
The feeds are readily available and you can even produce it yourself as rabbits feed on grasses, yam peels and other kitchen waste. You can start small from your backyard and grow from there. Due to its high nutritional value, rabbits have become a very popular delicacy amongst Africans and African communities in the United States and abroad.
Rabbit meat is extremely low in calories and fat hence people who are watching their weight find it appealing. Rabbits are prolific in nature and they do multiply rapidly. Rabbits begin breeding from 4 t0 5 months of age. The gestation period for female rabbit (the doe) is 31 days and they normally give birth to 6 -10 kits (baby rabbit) at once.
Rabbits are capable of reproducing seven times in a year. For reproduction to take place, the buck and the doe should be kept in one place to mate. After that, you have to separate them. One female rabbit is capable of producing up to 50 kits in a year.
It is necessary that a rabbit house be spacious enough, so as to give chance for the young ones and also the growth and expansion of the business. Rabbits can be kept in hutches or in cages. The rabbit cage should be constructed in such a manner that the rabbits will be protected from rainfall and direct sunlight.
Rabbits feed on either compounded feed or grasses like elephant grass, potato, shrubs, leaves and herbs. They must be given food at least twice a day. Clean drinking water must be made available for them 24 hours a day. These containers should be cleaned regular basis for the sake of the health of the rabbits. It is advisable to study their exact daily consumption of compounded feed in order to avoid wasting the feed.
The Livestock Farming industry of which rabbit farming line of business is a part of is indeed a large industry and pretty much active in countries such as United States of America, Nigeria, Ghana, Holland, China, Australia, Cameroun, Mali and Senegal et al. It is a fact that there is no single rabbit farming business that has dominate market share in the industry hence smaller rabbit farming business can successfully compete in the industry and still make appreciable profits.
If you are looking towards leveraging on the livestock industry to generate huge income, then one of your best bet is to start your own rabbit farming business. Rabbit farming business is all about mass – breeding of rabbits for the sole aim of selling the meat and of course making profits.
One thing is certain about rabbit farming business, if you are able to conduct your market research and feasibility studies, you are more likely not going to struggle to sell your rabbit because there are loads of people out there we eat rabbit meat especially in Africa and of course African communities in the United States of America.
Rabbit Farming Business Plan – Executive Summary
Freeman Clark Livestock Farms Ltd is a registered and licensed livestock farming company that will be based in the outskirt of Chicago, Illinois – United States. We have done our detailed market research and feasibility studies and we were able to secure five hectares of land to start our livestock breeding business. Our livestock breeding business is a going to be standard one hence will be involved in commercial breeding of rabbits and other livestock.
We choose to start our rabbit farming business in Chicago – Illinois because we are sure of generating enough market for our rabbits considering the robust populations of Nigerian cum African communities in the Chicago – Illinois and of course throughout the United States of America.
We have plans in the pipeline to start our rabbit meat processing plant and also start exporting our products to other parts of the world where they have active African communities. This is why aside from the fact that we’ve secured the required farming land for breeding rabbits in commercial level, we have also secured all the necessary permits that will enable us successfully run this type of business in the United States of America.
We are in the rabbit farming business because we want to leverage on the vast opportunities available in the livestock farming industry, to contribute our quota in growing the U.S. economy, in national food (meat) production, to export agriculture produce from the United States to other countries and over and above to make profit.
Freeman Clark Livestock Farms Ltd is well equipped and well positioned to become one of the leading rabbit farming business in the United States of America, which is why we have been able to source for the best hands and equipment to run the business.
We have put process and strategies in place that will help us employ best practices when it comes to livestock breeding / rabbit farming processes and meat processing and packaging as required by the regulating bodies in the United States of America.
Freeman Clark Livestock Farms Ltd is a family registered livestock farming company that is owned and managed by Freeman Clark and his immediate family members. The company will be fully and single handedly financed by the owner – Freeman Clark and his immediate family members at least for a period of time before inviting other investors.
Freeman Clark is an African American from a Nigerian decent that has robust relationship with the Nigerian cum African communities throughout the United States of America and with intercontinental hotels who serve rabbit meat as part of their cuisine.
- Our Product Offerings
Freeman Clark Livestock Farms Ltd is a licensed livestock farming business that is committed to rabbit farming and rabbit meat processing and packaging for both the United States’ market and the global market. We will also ensure that we operate a standard food processing plant as part of our complimentary business offering.
We are in the rabbit farming line of business cum livestock rearing industry to make profits and we are going to do all that is permitted by the law in the United States of America to achieve our business aim and objectives.
- Our Vision Statement
Our Vision is to become one of the leading rabbit farming company not just in Chicago – Illinois, but also in the United States of America and Canada.
- Our Mission Statement
Our mission is to sell our produce (live rabbits), and processed and well packaged rabbit meat in commercial quantities both locally, nationally and internationally. We want to build a rabbit farming business that will become the pacesetter for rabbit farming business in the United States of America and Canada.
- Our Business Structure
Freeman Clark Livestock Farms Ltd is a livestock cum rabbit farming company that intend starting small in a private property in Chicago – Illinois, but hope to grow big in order to compete favorably with leading livestock farms in the industry both in the United States and on a global stage.
We are aware of the importance of building a solid business structure that can support the picture of the kind of world class business we want to own. This is why we are committed to only hire the best hands in and around Iowa.
At Freeman Clark Livestock Farms Ltd, we will ensure that we hire people that are qualified, hardworking, dedicated, customer centric and are ready to work to help us build a prosperous business that will benefit all the stake holders (the owners, workforce, and customers).
As a matter of fact, profit-sharing arrangement will be made available to all our senior management staff and it will be based on their performance for a period of five years or more as agreed by the management of the farm. In view of the above, Freeman Clark Livestock Farms Ltd have decided to hire qualified and competent hands to occupy the following positions;
- Chief Operating Officer (Owner)
- Rabbit Farm Manager
- Administrator / Accountant
- Sales and Marketing Executive
- Field Employees
- Front Desk Officer
Roles and Responsibilities
Chief Operating Officer:
- Increases management’s effectiveness by recruiting, selecting, orienting, training, coaching, counseling, and disciplining managers; communicating values, strategies, and objectives; assigning accountabilities; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results; developing incentives; developing a climate for offering information and opinions; providing educational opportunities.
- Responsible for providing direction for the business
- Creates, communicates and implements the organization’s vision, mission, and overall direction – i.e. leading the development and implementation of the overall organization’s strategy.
- Responsible for signing checks and documents on behalf of the company
- Evaluates the success of the organization
Snail Farm Manager
- Responsible for the planning, management and coordinating all farm activities across the various sections on behalf of the organization
- Supervise other section manager
- Ensures compliance during project executions
- Provides advice on the management of farming activities across all section
- Responsible for carrying out risk assessment
- Uses IT systems and software to keep track of people and progress of the growth of crops, fishes, birds and animals
- Responsible for overseeing the accounting, costing and sale of farm produce after harvest
- Represent the organization’s interest at various stakeholders meetings
- Ensures that farming goals desired result are achieved, the most efficient resources (manpower, equipment, tools and chemicals et al) are utilized and different interests involved are satisfied. Responsible for preparing financial reports, budgets, and financial statements for the organization
- Responsible for overseeing the smooth running of HR and administrative tasks for the organization
- Defines job positions for recruitment and managing interviewing process
- Carries out staff induction for new team members
- Responsible for training, evaluation and assessment of employees
- Oversees the smooth running of the daily rabbit farming activities
Administrator / Accountant
- Responsible for overseeing the smooth running of HR and administrative tasks for the organization
- Defines job positions for recruitment and managing interviewing process
- Carries out staff induction for new team members
- Responsible for training, evaluation and assessment of employees
- Responsible for preparing financial reports, budgets, and financial statements for the organization
- Responsible for financial forecasting and risks analysis.
- Responsible for developing and managing financial systems and policies
- Responsible for administering payrolls
- Ensures compliance with taxation legislation
- Handles all financial transactions for the company
- Serves as internal auditor for the company
Sales and Marketing Officer
- Identifies, prioritizes, and reaches out to new partners, and business opportunities et al
- Identifies development opportunities; follows up on development leads and contacts; participates in the structuring and financing of new business
- Writes winning proposal documents, negotiate fees and rates in line with company policy
- Responsible for handling business research, marker surveys and feasibility studies for clients
- Responsible for supervising implementation, advocate for the customer’s needs, and communicate with clients
- Develops, executes and evaluates new plans for expanding increase sales
- Documents all customer contact and information
- Represents the company in strategic meetings
- Helps to increase sales and growth for the company.
Field Workers / Contract Staff
- Responsible for feeding rabbits as instructed by the supervisor
- Responsible for cleaning the rabbit farm / cage
- Handles snail farm implements and machines as instructed by the section manager / supervisor
- Assists in handling the breeding and harvesting of rabbits
- Carries out task in line with the stated job description
- Assists in transport working tools and equipment from the farm and back to the designated store room
- Handles any other duties as assigned my the line manager
Client Service Executive / Front Desk Officer
- Welcomes guests and clients by greeting them in person or on the telephone; answering or directing inquiries.
- Ensures that all contacts with clients (e-mail, walk-In center, SMS or phone) provides the client with a personalized customer service experience of the highest level
- Through interaction with clients on the phone, uses every opportunity to build client’s interest in the company’s products and services
- Manages administrative duties assigned by the manager in an effective and timely manner
- Consistently stays abreast of any new information on the company’s products, promotional campaigns etc. to ensure accurate and helpful information is supplied to clients
- Receives parcels / documents for the company
- Distributes mails in the organization
- Handles any other duties as assigned my the line manager
Rabbit Farming Business Plan – SWOT Analysis
We are aware that loads of people in the United States of America do not eat rabbit meat which is why we want to do our due diligence before launching the business.
Freeman Clark Livestock Farms Ltd do not intend to launch out with trial and error hence the need to conduct a proper SWOT analysis. We know that if we get it right from the onset, we would have succeeded in creating the foundation that will help us build a standard rabbit farming business that will favorably compete with leading livestock farms in the United States of America and in the rest part of the world.
As a rabbit farming business, we look forward to maximizing our strength and opportunities and also to work around our weaknesses and threats. Here is a summary from the result of the SWOT analysis that was conducted on behalf of Freeman Clark Livestock Farms Ltd;
Our strength as a rabbit farming business is the fact that we have healthy relationships with loads of major players (agriculture merchants, African communities and intercontinental hotels who serve rabbit meats) in the meat production industry; both suppliers and buyers within and outside of the United States.
We have some of the latest rabbit breeding and farming tools and equipment that will help us breed rabbits in commercial quantities with less stress. Aside from our relationship (network) and equipment, we can confidently boast that we have some the most experienced hands in snail farming line of under our payroll.
Aside from the fact that loads of people do not eat rabbit meat in the United States of America, one of our weaknesses could be that we are a new livestock cum rabbit farms in the United States and we may not have the required cash to pump into promoting of our business and encourage people to eat rabbit meat. We are aware of this and from our projection will overcome this weakness with time and turn it to a major advantage for the business.
Despite the fact that the average Americans do not eat rabbit meat, the opportunities that are available to us as a rabbit farming business cannot be quantified, we know that there are loads of African communities and intercontinental hotels that will source for rabbit meat from our rabbit farms both in the United States of America and other parts of the world.
Some of the threats and challenges that we are likely going to face when we start our own livestock farm cum rabbit farming business are global economic downturn that can impact negatively on household spending, bad weather cum natural disasters (draughts, epidemics), unfavorable government policies and the arrival of a competitor within same location. There is hardly anything you can do as regards this threats and challenges other than to be optimistic that things will continue to work for your good.
Rabbit Farming Business Plan – MARKET ANALYSIS
- Market Trends
We really are aware of the importance of doing a thorough market research. We have done just that and that is why we are doing our best to see that the market trend favors us, come what may. In the United States of America, it is not trendy to find people who do eat rabbit meat except for few Americans, people from Nigeria and other African countries. As a matter of fact, some Americans will find it strange that people do eat rabbit meat.
In view of the above, people who are into rabbit farming ensure that they target Nigerian or African communities in the United States or wherever they intend selling their rabbit meat. They also ensure that they target intercontinental hotels that serve rabbit meat as part of their cuisine.
Lastly, rabbit farmers ensure that they leverage on health benefits of rabbit meat in marketing their rabbits. As a matter of fact, rabbit meat is extremely low in calories and fat hence people who are watching their weight find it appealing.
- Our Target Market
It is really vital that any business identifies its target market. Aw have done just that and we are optimistic that that singular act is able to fetch us a lot. As you would expect, the target market of those who are the end consumers of rabbit meat and also those who benefits from the business value chain of rabbit farming is all encompassing; it is far – reaching.
We will ensure that we position our business to attract consumers of rabbit not just in the United States of America alone but also other parts of the world which is why we will be exporting some of our rabbits either in live form or processed form to other countries of the world.
Here are the people and organizations we will market our rabbits to;
- Nigerian cum African Communities in Chicago – Illinois and other states in the United States of America
- Weight watchers
- People recovering from cardiovascular disease, cancer and those trying to recover from injuries
- Intercontinental hotels and restaurants that serves rabbit meats
- People who would want to keep rabbits as pets in their yards.
Our Competitive Advantage
Competition isn’t new to the world. We are therefore poised to position well so as to compete really favorably. It is important to state that rabbit farming especially for the purpose of meat production is not a common enterprise in the United States of America hence the level of competition is not as stiff as it is amongst other livestock farming businesses.
Freeman Clark Livestock Farms Ltd is fully aware that rabbit farming for the purpose or meat production is not a popular line of business in the United States which is why we decided to carry out thorough research so as to know how to take advantage of the untapped market in the United States and in other parts of the world.
We have done our homework and we have been able to highlight some factors that will give us leverage in the marketplace; some of the factors are effective and reliable rabbit farming processes that can help us sell our rabbit and processed and well packaged rabbit meat at competitive prices, good network and excellent relationship management.
Lastly, all our employees will be well taken care of, and their welfare package will be among the best within our category (startups livestock cum rabbit farming businesses in the United States) in the industry. It will enable them to be more than willing to build the business with us and help deliver our set goals and achieve all our business aims and objectives.
Rabbit Farming Business Plan – SALES AND MARKETING STRATEGY
We are fully aware that marketing rabbits in a country like the United States of America can be a bit tasking because loads of people do not eat rabbit meat. It will take conscious effort for us to convince people who do not eat rabbit meat to patronize us and start eating rabbits.
Our goal is to grow Freeman Clark Livestock Farms Ltd to become the leading livestock cum rabbit farms in the whole of Chicago – Illinois and the whole of the United States of America which is why we have mapped out strategy that will help us take advantage of the potential market and grow to become a major force to reckon with in the rabbit farming cum livestock farming industry.
Over and above, we have perfected our sale and marketing strategies first by networking with agriculture merchants and intercontinental restaurants and hotels that rely on rabbit meat from rabbit farms cum livestock farming industry who are likely to refer become our customers.
In summary, Freeman Clark Livestock Farms Ltd will adopt the following strategies in marketing our commercial farm produce;
- Introduce our rabbit farming business by sending introductory letters alongside our brochure to stake holders in the agriculture industry, intercontinental restaurants and hotels that rely on rabbit meat from the rabbit farms cum livestock farming industry, Nigeria cum African communities, and agriculture produce merchant et al.
- Advertise our business and livestock farms in agro – allied and food related magazines and websites
- List our rabbit farms on yellow pages ads (local directories)
- Print out fliers and business cards and strategically drop them in offices, libraries, public facilities and train stations et al.
- Attend related agriculture / livestock and food expos, seminars, and business fairs et al
- Leverage on the internet to promote our business
- Engage in direct marketing
- Encourage the use of word of mouth marketing (referrals)
Sources of Income
Freeman Clark Livestock Farms Ltd is in the livestock breeding industry cum rabbit farming business for the purpose of maximizing profits hence we have decided to explore all the available opportunities within this line of business to achieve our corporate goals and objectives. In essence we are not going to rely only on the sale of our live rabbits and processed and well packaged rabbit meat to generate income for the business but also other business interests within the value chain.
- Sales Forecast
From the survey and market research conducted, we were able to discover that the sales generated by a commercial livestock farm cum rabbit farms depend on the size of the farm, the network of the farm.
We have perfected or sales and marketing strategies and we are set to hit the ground running and we are quite optimistic that we will meet or even surpass our set sales target of generating enough income / profits from the year of operations and build the business from survival to sustainability.
We have been able to critically examine the rabbit farming line of business cum commercial livestock farm business and we have analyzed our chances in the industry and we have been able to come up with the following sales forecast. The sales projection is based on information gathered on the field and some workable assumptions as well with respect to the nature of commercial livestock farm / rabbit farming business that we want to run.
Below are the projections that we were able to come up with for the first three years of running Freeman Clark Livestock Farms Ltd;
- First Fiscal Year-: $240,000
- Second Fiscal Year-: $450,000
- Third Fiscal Year-: $700,000
N.B: This projection is done based on what is obtainable in the industry and with the assumption that there won’t be any major economic meltdown that can impact negatively on household spending, bad weather cum natural disasters (draughts, epidemics), and unfavorable government policies. Please note that the above projection might be lower and at the same time it might be higher.
- Our Pricing Strategy
We are aware that if you want to get the right pricing for your livestock or rabbits as the case may be, then you should ensure that you choose a good location for your rabbit farm, choose a good breed that will guarantee steady and multiple breeding (prolific breeds), cut the cost of running your rabbit farm to the barest minimum and of course try as much as possible to attract buyers to your farm as against taking your rabbits to the market to source for buyers; with this, you would have successfully eliminate the cost of transporting the rabbits to the market and other logistics.
So also, we are quite aware that one of the easiest means of penetrating the market and acquiring loads of customers for all our rabbits is to sell them at competitive prices hence we will do all we can to ensure that the prices of our rabbit and processed and packaged rabbit meat are going to be what other rabbit farmers would look towards beating.
One thing is certain, the nature of rabbit farming business we are involved in makes it possible for farmers to place prices for their rabbits and processed and packaged rabbit meats based on their discretion without following the benchmark in the industry. The truth is that it is one of the means of avoiding running into loss. The easier you sell off your rabbits when they are mature the better for your business.
- Payment Options
The payment policy adopted by Freeman Clark Livestock Farms Ltd is all inclusive because we are quite aware that different customers prefer different payment options as it suits them but at the same time, we will ensure that we abide by the financial rules and regulation of the United States of America.
Here are the payment options that Freeman Clark Livestock Farms Ltd will make available to her clients;
- Payment via bank transfer
- Payment with cash
- Payment via online bank transfer
- Payment via check
- Payment via bank draft
In view of the above, we have chosen banking platforms that will enable our client make payment for farm produces purchase without any stress on their part. Our bank account numbers will be made available on our website and promotional materials to clients who may want to deposit cash or make online transfer for our live rabbits and processed and packaged rabbit meat.
Rabbit Farming Business Plan – Publicity and Advertising Strategy
Any business that wants to grow beyond the corner of the street or the city they are operating from must be ready and willing to utilize every available means (both conventional and non – conventional means) to advertise and promote the business. We intend growing our business which is why we have perfected plans to build our brand via every available means.
We know that it is important to create strategies that will help us boost our brand awareness and to create a corporate identity for our snail farming business. Below are the platforms we want to leverage on to boost our commercial livestock cum rabbit farm brand and to promote and advertise our business;
- Place adverts on both print (newspapers and magazines) and electronic media platforms
- Sponsor relevant community based events / programs
- Leverage on the internet and social media platforms like; Instagram, Facebook , twitter, YouTube, Google + et al to promote our business
- Install our Bill Boards on strategic locations all around Chicago – Illinois
- Engage in road show from time to time in targeted neighborhoods
- Distribute our fliers and handbills in target areas
- Contact Nigeria cum African communities, intercontinental hotels and restaurants and residence in our target areas by calling them up and informing them of Freeman Clark Livestock Farms Ltd and the farm produce we sell
- List our rabbit farms in local directories / yellow pages
- Advertise our rabbit farms in our official website and employ strategies that will help us pull traffic to the site.
- Ensure that all our staff members wear our branded shirts and all our vehicles and trucks are well branded with our company logo et al.
Rabbit Farming Business Plan – Financial Projections and Costing
When it comes to calculating the cost of starting a commercial livestock farm cum rabbit farm, there are some key factors that should serve as a guide. The most important expense is the construction of the rabbit farm or cage as the case may be.
For example, the start – up cost for a fish farm is different from the start – up cost for mechanized crop farming, so also the start – up cost for poultry farming is different from the start – up cost of cattle ranch (dairy farm) et al. As a matter of fact, if you choose to start a mechanized crop farming, then you should be willing to raise huge capital base to start the business. This is so because some cultivation machines / equipment can be pretty expensive.
Below are some of the basic areas we will spend our start – up capital in setting up our commercial livestock cum rabbit farm;
- The Total Fee for incorporating the Business in United States of America – $750.
- The total cost for payment of insurance policy covers (general liability, workers’ compensation and property casualty) coverage at a total premium – $9,400
- The amount needed to acquire / lease a farm land – $50,000
- The amount required for preparing the farm land (for construction of rabbit cages / fencing et al et al) – $70,000
- The cost for acquiring the required working tools and equipment / machines / fencing et al– $50,000
- The amount required for purchase of the first set of male and female rabbits – $50,000
- Operational cost for the first 3 months (salaries of employees, payments of bills et al) – $40,000
- The Cost of Launching an official Website – $600
- The amount required for payment of workers for a period of 3 months – $100,000
- Additional Expenditure (Business cards, Signage, Adverts and Promotions et al) – $2,000
Going by the report from detailed research and feasibility studies conducted, we will need an average of $200,000 to start a standard commercial livestock cum rabbit farming business in the United States of America
Generating Funding / Startup Capital for Freeman Clark Livestock Farms Ltd
No matter how fantastic your business idea might be, if you don’t have the required money to finance the business, the business might not become a reality. Finance is a very important factor when it comes to starting a business such as rabbit farming. No doubt raising start – up capital for a business might not come cheap, but it is a task that an entrepreneur must go through.
Freeman Clark Livestock Farms Ltd is a family business that will be owned and managed by Freeman Clark and his immediate family members. They are the sole financial of the firm, but may likely welcome other partners later which is why they decided to restrict the sourcing of the start – up capital for the business to just three major sources.
These are the areas where we intend sourcing for fund for Freeman Clark Livestock Farms Ltd;
- Generate part of the start – up capital from personal savings and sale of his stocks
- Generate part of the start – up capital from friends and other extended family members
- Generate a larger chunk of the startup capital from the bank (loan facility).
N.B: We have been able to generate about $50,000 (Personal savings $30,000 and soft loan from family members $20,000) and we are at the final stages of obtaining a loan facility of $150,000 from our bank. All the papers and document has been duly signed and submitted, the loan has been approved and any moment from now our account will be credited.
RABBIT FARMING BUSINESS GROWTH: Sustainability and Expansion Strategy
The future of a business lies in the numbers of loyal customers that they have the capacity and competence of the employees, their investment strategy and the business structure. If all of these factors are missing from a business (company), then it won’t be too long before the business close shop.
One of our major goals of starting Freeman Clark Livestock Farms Ltd is to build a business that will survive off its own cash flow without the need for injecting finance from external sources once the business is officially running. We know that one of the ways of gaining approval and winning customers over is to sell our farm produce (live rabbits and processed and packaged rabbit meat) a little bit cheaper than what is obtainable in the market and we are well prepared to survive on lower profit margin for a while.
Freeman Clark Livestock Farms Ltd will make sure that the right foundation, structures and processes are put in place to ensure that our staff welfare are well taken of. Our organization’s corporate culture is designed to drive our business to greater heights and training and re – training of our workforce is at the top burner of our business strategy.
As a matter of fact, profit-sharing arrangement will be made available to all our management staff and it will be based on their performance for a period of five years or more as determined by the management of the organization. We know that if that is put in place, we will be able to successfully hire and retain the best hands we can get in the industry; they will be more committed to help us build the business of our dreams.
Check List / Milestone
- Business Name Availability Check: Completed
- Business Incorporation: Completed
- Opening of Corporate Bank Accounts various banks in the United States: Completed
- Opening Online Payment Platforms: Completed
- Application and Obtaining Tax Payer’s ID: In Progress
- Application for business license and permit: Completed
- Purchase of All form of Insurance for the Business: Completed
- Leasing of rabbit farm land in Chicago – Illinois: Completed
- Conducting Feasibility Studies: Completed
- Start – up Capital Generation: Completed
- Writing of Business Plan: Completed
- Drafting of Employee’s Handbook: Completed
- Design of The Company’s Logo: Completed
- Graphic Designs and Printing of Packaging Marketing / Promotional Materials: Completed
- Recruitment of employees: In Progress
- Building /construction of cages and fence et al: In Progress
- Purchase of the needed working tools, machines and equipment: Completed
- Creating Official Website for the Company: In Progress
- Creating Awareness for the business (Business PR): In Progress
- Farm land Treatment, Health and Safety Arrangement: In Progress
- Establishing business relationship with vendors and key players in the industry the (agriculture industry, intercontinental restaurants and hotels that rely on rabbit meat from the rabbit farms cum livestock farming industry, Nigeria cum African communities, and agriculture produce merchant et al): Completed