Are you about writing a restaurant business plan? If YES, here is a sample attention grabbing restaurant business plan executive summary, goals, mission and vision statements, product/service description and management structure that will surely attract investors.
- Executive Summary
- Market Analysis
- SWOT Analysis
- Financial Projection
- Marketing Plan
- Marketing ideas & Strategies
Sample Restaurant Business Plan Template – Executive Summary
MunaChimso® Intercontinental restaurant is a 150 seat family style restaurant that is solely owned by Betty O’chucks and family. The restaurant is to be located in the heart of Houston Texas and it is designed in such way to make people of different nationality and cultures feel at home, as well as connect with their heritage and culture despite being thousands of kilo meters away from their home countries.
The restaurant will be a place where over a hundred intercontinental delicacies will be available per time prepared by some of the finest chefs in Texas.
We chose to start the first outlet of our intercontinental restaurant in Houston, Texas because of the large percentage of migrants from Africa, Mexico and some part of Asia. The fact that we have a bias for the African community makes Texas the most suitable destination to kick start our business project.
As a result, we know that we just couldn’t go wrong if we started this business from here by all means. MunaChimso® Intercontinental restaurant is set to redefine the way cafeteria businesses operate in Texas.
Beyond opening our doors to customers to come in and have their meals in a cozy environment with tons of music that will remind them of their culture and heritage, we will also offer food delivery services to the chunk of our clients who place orders for any of our intercontinental meals; and this is irrespective of the part of Texas where they are resident.
We shall as well run a culinary school and also offer outdoor catering services base on demands. This is because we are aware of the fact that there are loads of Africans in this city who might be too overwhelmed with making out a living, so that they aren’t chanced to whip up some party meals when the need arises.
Our plan is to position the business to become the leading brand in restaurant business in Texas, and also to be amongst the top 20 restaurants in the United States of America within the first 10 years of operations. This might look too tall a dream but we are optimistic that this will surely come to pass because we have done our research and feasibility studies and we are enthusiastic and confident that Texas is the right place to launch our intercontinental business before spreading to other parts of America.
Currently, we have been able to secure a location to set-up the first outlet of the restaurant in Texas and we are still working towards securing the necessary documentation and permits before swinging into full action to get the place ready for business.
Our ultimate goal is not to build a successful single unit, first class, intercontinental restaurant in the heart of Huston, Texas, but to open a minimum of one outlet of our intercontinental restaurant in major cities all across the United States.
We have perfected plans to attract traffic on a daily basis to our restaurant- people from various cultures, race and country et al. Much more than creating an ambiance where people can feel relaxed to enjoy our delicacies, we have also put plans in place that will ensure adequate security in and around our facility.
It is for that reason that we will install CCTV cameras at strategic places and our security personnel will be thoroughly trained to handle security issues in a proactive manner. Therefore, our clients can be rest assured of their safety when they visit our intercontinental restaurant. Without mincing words, security is of top priority to us because we intend attracting celebrities and the crème de la crème in the society, in every of our outlets all over the country.
The set date for opening our doors for business is February 1st, 2016 and we are indeed working hard to make that date a reality. So far, we have been able to raise60 percent of the startup capital required and we are in the process of securing the last 40 percent.
The total budget for setting up our intercontinental restaurant is about $200,000 and we can categorically say that we already have about $120,000. In addition, we are at the verge of receiving the last trench of $80,000 loan from our bank.
- Our Product and Services
The fact that we are starting an intercontinental restaurant means that we must meet the needs of our clients especially migrants who truly want to reconnect via food with their culture and heritage. We know that giving those who come to our restaurant a home away from home experience would go a long way in breeding repeat customers. In view of that, we have specifically listed at least 100 different intercontinental meals in our menu list. Here they are:
- We sell assorted alcoholic and non – alcoholic drinks and wines.
- We run a standard culinary training school.
- We offer home delivery services to our clients
- We provide outdoor catering services.
Our Vision Statement
To be amongst the top 20 intercontinental restaurant brands in the United States of America within record time
- Our Mission Statement
To build chains of standard intercontinental restaurants in major cities in the United States of America; a place where migrants, tourists and people of all walks of life can reconnect with their culture and heritage via their local delicacies, drinks and music.
- Our Business Structure
These are the following roles and positions that will be duly occupied before opening our business doors to the public. They include:
- Chief Executive Officer
- Restaurant Manager
- Sales and Marketing Officer
- Waiter and Waitress
- Dispatch Riders
- Security Officers
Roles and Responsibilities
Chief Executive Officer – CEO-:
- Responsible for providing direction for the business
- Creating, communicating, and implementing the organization’s vision, mission, and overall direction – i.e. leading the development and implementation of the overall organization’s strategy.
- Responsible for the day to day running of the business
- Responsible for handling high profile clients and deals
- Responsible for fixing prices and signing business deals
- Responsible for recruitment
- Responsible for payment of salaries
- Responsible for signing checks and documents on behalf of the company
- Evaluates the success of the organization
- Reports to the board
- Responsible for managing the daily activities in the restaurant
- Ensure that the restaurant facility is in tip top shape and conducive enough to welcome customers
- Interfaces with third – party providers (vendors)
- Reports to the Chief Executive Officer
- Attends to Customers complains and enquiries
- Prepares budget and reports for the organization
- Any other duty as assigned by the CEO
- Responsible for preparing delicacies
- Make lists and budget for kitchen supplies
- Oversee the entire kitchen staff
- Responsible for training new cooks
- Makes sure that the meals being whipped up tastes really good
Sales and Marketing Officer-:
- Responsible for marketing the company’s products and services
- Responsible for promoting the company
- Responsible for creating marketing and sales strategies, etc.
- Represents the organization in some strategic business meetings
- Responsible for hiring and training of freelance sales reps
- Any other duty as assigned by the Chief Operating Officer / restaurant manager
Waiters / Waitress
- Promptly attends to customers in a friendly and professional manner
- Ensures that unoccupied tables are always set and ready for customers
- Pulls out chairs for customers as they arrive
- Any other duty as assigned by the Chief Operating officer / restaurant manager
Accountant / Cashier-:
- Receives payments on behalf of the restaurant
- Issues receipt to customers
- Prepare financial report at the end of every working week
- Handles all financial transaction on behalf of the restaurant
- Interfaces with our bankers
- Responsible for payment of tax, levies and utility bills
- Any other duty as assigned by the CEO / restaurant manager
- Delivers customer’s orders promptly
- Deliver correspondence for the restaurant
- Runs errand for the organization
- Any other duty as assigned by the floor / line manager
- Ensure that the facility is secured at all time
- Control traffic and organize parking
- Give security tips to staff members from time to time
- Patrols around the building on a 24 hours basis
- Submit security reports weekly
- Any other duty as assigned by the restaurant manager
- Responsible for cleaning the restaurant facility at all times
- Ensure that toiletries and supplies don’t run out of stock
- Cleans both the interior and exterior of the building
- Any other duty as assigned by the restaurant manager,