Are you about starting a soap making business? If YES, here is a complete sample soap making business plan template & feasibility report you can use for FREE.
Okay, so we have considered all the requirements for starting a soap making business. We also took it further by analyzing and drafting a sample soap making marketing plan template backed up by actionable guerrilla marketing ideas for soap making businesses. So let’s proceed to the business planning section.
Why Start a Soap Making Business Plan?
Despite the fact that loads of entrepreneurs are delving into soap making business, the market for liquid soap is still pretty large and will still continue to grow because it is a necessity for most homes, offices, canteens, laundry shops, amongst others. That means if you truly want to make it big in this business, you must be willing to work hard to be able to gain your own fair share of the available market.
As such, if you are tinkering with starting a business that requires low start – up capital and little training and technical skills, then you may want to tinker with starting your own soap production company. One good thing about this kind of business is that you can start it on a small scale level from your home and then grow to a bigger facility when your market grows.
It is important to state that you would need a workable and good business plan to be able to successfully launch and grow any standard business. A good business plan is the working manual every entrepreneur needs to start and grow his or her business. Therefore be sure to work hard at drawing up a business plan if you intend starting your own soap making company.
Below is a sample soap production company business plant template that you can use to write yours;
A Sample Soap Making Business Plan Template
- Business Overview
Soap is a universal product that can be found in all homes, canteen, laundries, hotels and toilets et al. Soaps are used for washing and bathing hence the demand for soap is hardly affected by economic meltdown due to the important role the product plays in our daily lives.
Soap production companies are involved in making bar soaps, liquid soaps, and detergent et al with different scent and packaging. Major players in the soap production industry do not just serve the market within the State or country they operate from, but also international markets.
The equipment needed for soap making include; the soap making machine, heat resistance plastic or stainless steel pitcher with lid, big stainless steel or plastic spoon, Stainless steel measuring spoons, measuring cups, small beakers, stick blender (for saponification process), a soap mold, soap pot, rubber spatulas, large stainless steel or plastic ladle, protective goggles, protective rubber hand gloves, Quick reading and accurate thermometer. You will also need supply of lye solution, oils, additives (colorants), and fragrances, amongst others.
The Soap Production industry is indeed a growing and thriving sector of the economy of most countries of the world and they generates several millions of US dollars annually from several registered and licensed small – scale, medium scale and big soap production companies scattered all around Nigeria. The industry is responsible for the employment loads of people directly and indirectly all around the world.
With this kind of business, if you want to start on a small scale, you can choose to start servicing your local community. All you would need is contacts, packaging, networking and good marketing and customer service skills. However, if you intend starting it on a large scale, then you should consider spreading beyond your local community to state level and even national level.
Over and above, the soap production industry is a profitable industry and it is open for any aspiring entrepreneur to come in and establish his or her business; you can chose to start on a small scale servicing a community or you can chose to start on a large scale with a robust distribution network all across major cities in America and even in within the West African Coast.
Soap Making Business Plan – Executive Summary
Cites® Soap Production Company is a licensed and standard soap production company that will be located in Illinois. We have been able to secure a long term lease for a facility in a strategic location with an option of a long term renewal on an agreed terms and conditions that is favorable to us.
The facility has government approval for the kind of business we want to run and it is easily accessible and we are deliberate about that to facilitate easy movement of raw materials and finished products (well packaged soaps and detergent).
We are in the soap making line of business to produce block soaps, liquid soaps and detergents in commercial quantities. We are also in business to make profits at the same to give our customers value for their money; we want to give people and businesses who patronize our soaps and detergents the opportunity to be part of the success story of Cites® Soap Production Company.
We are aware that there are several big scale and small scale soap production companies scattered all around America whose products can be found in every nooks and crannies of the country, which is why we spent time and resources to conduct our feasibility studies and market survey so as to enable us locate the business in an area that will support the growth of the business and also for us to be able offer much more than our competitors will be offering. We ensured that our facility is easy to locate and we have mapped out plans to develop a wide distribution network for wholesalers all around Illinois and the United States of America as a whole.
Much more than producing quality soaps and detergent in commercial quantities, our customer care is going to be second to none. We know that our customers are the reason why we are in business which is why we will go the extra mile to get them satisfied when they visit or purchase our product and also to become our loyal customers and ambassadors.
Cites® Soap Production Company will ensure that all our customers (wholesale distributors) are given first class treatment whenever they visit our Depot / Plant. We have a CRM software that will enable us manage a one on one relationship with our customers (wholesale distributors) no matter how large the numbers of our customer base may grow to. We will ensure that we get our customers involved when making some business decisions that will directly or indirectly affect them.
Cites® Soap Production Company is family business that will be owned by Mrs. Celina Bassek and her immediate family members. Mrs. Celina Bassek who is the Chief Executive Officer of the Company is Graduate of Industrial Chemistry (B.Sc.) and she holds a Master’s Degree in Business Management (MBA).
She has well over 10 years of experience working in the soap production industry as a senior manager prior to starting Cites® Soap Production Company. She will be working with a team of professionals to build the business and grow it to become one of the market leaders in the industry.
- Our Product Offering
Cites® Soap Production Company is going to operate a standard and licensed soap production company whose product will not only be sold in Illinois but also throughout Nigeria. We are in the soap production line of business to make profits and also to give our customers value for their money and we are going to do all that is permitted by the law of the United States of America to achieve our corporate goals.
Our products and services offering are listed below;
- Toilet Soap / Bathing Soap (Bar Soap) with different fragrance
- Baby Soap (Bar and liquid) with different fragrance
- Body Wash (Liquid Soap) with different fragrance
- Hand Wash (Liquid Soap) with different fragrance
- Dish Washer ( Liquid Soap)
- Clothe Washing Soap
- Car Wash (Liquid Soap)
Our Vision Statement
Our vision is to establish a standard Soap Production Company whose product will not only be sold in Illinois, but also throughout all the states in America and in other parts of World.
- Our Mission Statement
Our mission is to establish a standard and world class Soap Production Company that in our own capacity will favorably compete with leaders in the industry. We want to build a soap production business that will be listed amongst the top 10 soap and detergent brands in the Nigeria. We want to build a household brand name.
- Our Business Structure
Cites® Soap Production Company is a business that is established with the aim of competing favorably with other leading soap and detergent brands in America. This is why we will ensure that we put the right structure in place that will support the kind of growth that we have in mind while setting up the business.
We will ensure that we only hire people that are qualified, honest, hardworking, customer centric and are ready to work to help us build a prosperous business that will benefit all the stake holders (the owners, workforce, and customers).
As a matter of fact, profit-sharing arrangement will be made available to all our senior management staff and it will be based on their performance for a period of five years or more depending how fast we meet our set target. In view of that, we have decided to hire qualified and competent hands to occupy the following positions;
- Chief Executive Officer (Owner)
- Plant Manager
- Human Resources and Admin Manager
- Sales and Marketing Manager
- Accountants / Cashiers
- Soap Making Machine and Packaging Operators
- Customer Services Executives
- Distribution Truck Drivers
Roles and Responsibilities
Chief Executive Officer – CEO (Owner):
- Increases management’s effectiveness by recruiting, selecting, orienting, training, coaching, counseling, and disciplining managers; communicating values, strategies, and objectives; assigning accountabilities; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results; developing incentives; developing a climate for offering information and opinions; providing educational opportunities.
- Creates, communicates, and implements the organization’s vision, mission, and overall direction – i.e. leading the development and implementation of the overall organization’s strategy.
- Responsible for fixing prices and signing business deals
- Responsible for providing direction for the business
- Responsible for signing checks and documents on behalf of the company
- Evaluates the success of the organization
- Responsible for overseeing the smooth running of the soap production plant
- Part of the team that determines the quantity and variance of soaps and detergents that are to be produced
- Maps out strategy that will lead to efficiency amongst workers in the plant
- Responsible for training, evaluation and assessment of soap plant workers
- Ensures that the steady flow of both raw materials to the plant and easy flow of finished products through wholesale distributors to the market
- Ensures operation of equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; calling for repairs.
- Ensures that the plant meets the expected safety and health standard at all times.
Human Resources and Admin Manager
- Responsible for overseeing the smooth running of HR and administrative tasks for the organization
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Enhances department and organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Defines job positions for recruitment and managing interviewing process
- Carries out staff induction for new team members
- Responsible for training, evaluation and assessment of employees
- Oversees the smooth running of the daily office and plant activities.
Sales and Marketing Manager
- Manages external research and coordinate all the internal sources of information to retain the organizations’ best customers and attract new ones
- Models demographic information and analyze the volumes of transactional data generated by customer purchases
- Identifies, prioritizes, and reaches out to new partners, and business opportunities et al
- Responsible for supervising implementation, advocate for the customer’s needs, and communicate with clients
- Develops, executes and evaluates new plans for expanding increase sales
- Documents all customer contact and information
- Represent the company in strategic meetings
- Help increase sales and growth for the company
Accountant / Cashier
- Responsible for preparing financial reports, budgets, and financial statements for the organization
- Provides managements with financial analyses, development budgets, and accounting reports; analyzes financial feasibility for the most complex proposed projects; conducts market research to forecast trends and business conditions.
- Responsible for financial forecasting and risks analysis.
- Performs cash management, general ledger accounting, and financial reporting
- Responsible for developing and managing financial systems and policies
- Responsible for administering payrolls
- Ensures compliance with taxation legislation
- Handles all financial transactions for the organization
- Serves as internal auditor for the organization
Soap Making and Packaging Machine Operators
- Handles processes and procedures as it relates to the production and packaging of toilet soap (Bar Soap), Body Wash (Liquid Soap) with different fragrance, Hand Wash (Liquid Soap) with different fragrance, Dish Washer ( Liquid Soap), Clothe Washing Soap, Car Wash (Liquid Soap) and Detergent et al
- Assists in loading of soaps and detergents into distribution trucks
- Handles any other duty as assigned by the Plant Manager
Client Service Executive
- Ensures that all contacts with customer (e-mail, walk-In center, SMS or phone) provides the client with a personalized customer service experience of the highest level
- Through interaction with customers on the phone, uses every opportunity to build client’s interest in the company’s products and services
- Manages administrative duties assigned by the store manager in an effective and timely manner
- Consistently stays abreast of any new information on Cites® Soap Production Company products, promotional campaigns etc. to ensure accurate and helpful information is supplied to clients when they make enquiries
- Receives parcels / documents for the company
- Distributes mails in the organization
- Handles any other duties as assigned by the human resources and admin manager
Distribution Truck Drivers
- Assists in loading and unloading soaps and detergents meant for distribution.
- Maintain a logbook of their driving activities to ensure compliance with federal regulations governing the rest and work periods for operators.
- Keeps a record of vehicle inspections and make sure the truck is equipped with safety equipment
- Assists the transport and logistics manager in planning their route according to a delivery schedule.
- Local-delivery drivers may be required to sell products or services to stores and businesses on their route, obtain signatures from recipients and collect cash.
- Transports finished goods and raw materials over land to and from manufacturing plants or retail and distribution centers
- Inspects vehicles for mechanical items and safety issues and perform preventative maintenance
- Complies with truck driving rules and regulations (size, weight, route designations, parking, break periods etc.) as well as with company policies and procedures
- Collects and verifies delivery instructions
- Reports defects, accidents or violations
Soap Making Business Plan – SWOT Analysis
We are quite aware that there are several soap production companies both large and small in America, whose products can be found in every nooks and crannies of the country, which is why we are following the due process of establishing a business so as to compete favorable with them.
We know that if a proper SWOT analysis is conducted for our business, we will be able to position our business to maximize our strength, leverage on the opportunities that will be available to us, mitigate our risks and be welled equipped to confront our threats.
Cites® Soap Production Company employed the services of an expert HR and Business Analyst with bias in start – up business to help us conduct a thorough SWOT analysis and to help us create a business model that will help us achieve our business goals and objectives.
This is the summary of the SWOT analysis that was conducted for Cites® Soap Production Company;
Aside from quality and variety of soaps and detergents that we make, part of what is going to count as positives for Cites® Soap Production Company is the vast experience of our management team, we have people on board who are highly experienced and understands how to grow business from the scratch to becoming a national phenomenon.
So also our large national distribution network and of course our excellent customer service culture will definitely count as a strong strength for the business.
A major weakness that may count against us is the fact that we are a new soap production company and we don’t have the financial capacity to engage in the kind of publicity that we intend giving the business.
The opportunities for soap production companies are enormous. This is due to the fact that soap is a universal product that can be found in all homes, canteen, laundries, hotels and toilets et al. As a result of that, we were able to conduct a thorough market survey and feasibility studies so as to position our business to take advantage of the existing market for soaps and detergents and also to create our own new market. We know that it is going to requires hard work, and we are ready to give all it will take to achieve it.
We are quite aware that just like any other business, one of the major threats that we are likely going to face is economic downturn and unfavorable government policies. It is a fact that economic downturn affects purchasing power. Another threat that may likely confront us is the arrival of a new soap production company in same location where ours is located.
Soap Making Business Plan – MARKET ANALYSIS
- Market Trends
The trend in the soap and detergent production industry is such that, any product that has been proven to be reliable and healthy tends to sell more and determine the direction of the market for such industry.
You would quite agree that there are loads of soap and detergent brands out there in the market that you may have to compete with. One of the things that you need to do to get your own fair market share is to come out with a creative packaging for your soap and detergent and also come up with different fragrance and sizes. You might just have to consult a brand expert if you truly want to make it big with your soap making company.
Lastly, another trend in the soap production industry is that leading soap and detergent production companies ensure that they get well – known celebrity to become their brand ambassador. With that, it is easier for them to be able to sell their products and have an active presence in the industry.
- Our Target Market
When it comes to selling soaps and detergents, there is indeed a wide range of available customers. In essence, our target market can’t be restricted to just a group of people or organization, but all those who resides in our target market locations.
In view of that, we have conducted our market research and we have ideas of what our target market would be expecting from us. We are in business to engage in the production and wholesale distribution of soaps and detergents to the following groups of organizations;
- Restaurants and Canteens
- Event Planners, Parties and Corporate Functions
- Corporate Executives
- Government Officials
- Business People
- Pregnant women / Expectant mothers (for their babies)
- Military Men and Women
- Sports Men and Women
- Laundry Owners
Our Competitive Advantage
A close study of the soap and detergent production industry reveals that the market is becoming much more competitive over the last decade. As a matter of fact, you have to be highly creative, customer centric and proactive if you must survive in this industry. We are aware of the stiffer competition and we are well prepared to compete favorably with other soap and detergent production companies in Illinois and America.
Cites® Soap Production Company is launching a standard soap and detergent production brand that will indeed become the preferred choice for businesses and households in Lagos State and other states in Nigeria where we intend marketing our soap and detergents.
Part of what is going to count as competitive advantage for Cites® Soap Production Company is the vast experience of our management team, we have people on board who are highly experienced and understands how to grow business from the scratch to becoming a national phenomenon. So also our large national distribution network and of course our excellent customer service culture will definitely count as a strong strength for the business.
Lastly, our employees will be well taken care of, and their welfare package will be amongst the best within our category (startups soap and detergent production companies) in the industry, meaning that they will be more than willing to build the business with us and help deliver our set goals and achieve all our aims and objectives. We will also give good working conditions and commissions to freelance sales agents that we will recruit from time to time.
Soap Making Business Plan – SALES AND MARKETING STRATEGY
- Sources of Income
Cites® Soap Production Company is established with the aim of maximizing profits in the soap and detergent production industry in both Illinois and we are going to go all the way to ensure that we do all it takes to sell our products to a wide range of customers all across America.
Cites® Soap Production Company will generate income by selling the following products;
- Toilet Soap / Bathing Soap (Bar Soap) with different fragrance
- Baby Soap (Bar and liquid) with different fragrance
- Body Wash (Liquid Soap) with different fragrance
- Hand Wash (Liquid Soap) with different fragrance
- Dish Washer ( Liquid Soap)
- Clothe Washing Soap
- Car Wash (Liquid Soap)
One thing is certain when it comes to soap and detergent production business, if your soap and detergent are well – packaged and branded and if your production plant is centrally positioned and easily accessible, you will always attract customers cum sales and that will sure translate to increase in revenue generation for the business.
We are well positioned to take on the available market in every city where our soap and detergent will be sold all across America and we are quite optimistic that we will meet our set target of generating enough income / profits from the first six month of operations and grow the business and our clientele base.
We have been able to critically examine the soap and detergent production industry and we have analyzed our chances in the industry and we have been able to come up with the following sales forecast. The sales projections are based on information gathered on the field and some assumptions that are peculiar to startups in Illinois.
Below are the sales projections for Cites® Soap Production Company, it is based on the location of our business and other factors as it relates to small scale and medium scale soap and detergent production company start – ups in America;
- First Fiscal Year-: $45,000
- Second Fiscal Year-: $100,000
- Third Fiscal Year-: $400,000
N.B: This projection is done based on what is obtainable in the industry and with the assumption that there won’t be any major economic meltdown and there won’t be any major competitor offering same product and customer care services as we do within same location. Please note that the above projection might be lower and at the same time it might be higher.
- Marketing Strategy and Sales Strategy
Before choosing a location to launch Cites® Soap Production Company we conduct a thorough market survey and feasibility studies in order for us to be able to be able to penetrate the available market in our target market locations.
We have detailed information and data that we were able to utilize to structure our business to attract the numbers of customers we want to attract per time and also for our soap and detergent to favorable compete with other leading brands in Illinois and throughout America.
We hired experts who have good understanding of the soap and detergent production industry to help us develop marketing strategies that will help us achieve our business goal of winning a larger percentage of the available market in Illinois and other cities in throughout.
In order to continue to be in business and grow, we must continue to sell our soaps and detergents to the available market which is why we will go all out to empower or sales and marketing team to deliver our corporate sales goals. In summary, Cites® Soap Production Company will adopt the following sales and marketing approach to sell our soaps and detergents;
- Introduce our soap and detergent brand by sending introductory letters to households, retailers, supermarkets, hotels, laundries, merchants and other stakeholders.
- Open our soap and detergent production company with a party so as to capture the attention of residence who are our first targets
- Engage in road show in targeted communities from time to time to sell our products
- Advertise our products in community based newspapers, local TV and radio stations
- List our business and products on yellow pages ads (local directories)
- Leverage on the internet to promote our soap and detergent brands
- Engage in direct marketing and sales
- Encourage the use of Word of mouth marketing (referrals)
Soap Making Business Plan – Publicity and Advertising Strategy
Irrespective of the fact that our soap and detergent production plant is a standard one with a wide range of soap and detergent fragrance that can favorably compete with other leading brands in the industry, we will still go ahead to intensify publicity for all our products and brand. We are going to explore all available means to promote Cites® Soap Production Company.
Cites® Soap Production Company has a long term plan of distributing our soaps and detergents in various locations all around America, which is why we will deliberately build our brand to be well accepted in Illinois before venturing out. As a matter of fact, our publicity and advertising strategy is not solely for selling our products but to also effectively communicate our brand.
Here are the platforms we intend leveraging on to promote and advertise Cites® Soap Production Company;
- Place adverts on both print (community based newspapers and magazines) and electronic media platforms
- Sponsor relevant community programs
- Leverage on the internet and social media platforms like; Instagram, Facebook , twitter, et al to promote our brand
- Install our Bill Boards on strategic locations all around Lagos State and major cities in Nigeria
- Engage in road show from time to time in targeted communities
- Distribute our fliers and handbills in target areas
- Position our Flexi Banners at strategic positions in the location where we intend getting customers to start patronizing our products.
- Ensure that our soaps and detergents are well branded and that all our staff members wear our customized clothes, and all our official cars and distribution vans are customized and well branded
Our Pricing Strategy
When it comes to pricing for products such as soaps and detergents, there are two sides to the coin. We are aware of the pricing trend in the soap and detergent production industry which is why we have decided to produce various sizes of soaps and detergents.
In view of that, our prices will conform to what is obtainable in the soap and detergent production industry but will ensure that within the first 6 to 12 months our products are sold a little bit below the average prices of various soaps and detergents production brands in America. We have put in place business strategies that will help us run on low profits for a period of 6 months; it is a way of encouraging people to buy into our soap and detergent brands.
- Payment Options
The payment policy adopted by Cites® Soap Production Company is all inclusive because we are quite aware that different customers prefer different payment options as it suits them but at the same time, we will ensure that we abide by the financial rules and regulation of the United States of America.
Here are the payment options that Cites® Soap Production Company will make available to her clients;
- Payment via bank transfer
- Payment with cash
- Payment via online bank transfer
- Payment via mobile money
- Payment via Point of Sales Machines (POS Machines)
- Payment via check
- Payment via bank draft
In view of the above, we have chosen banking platforms that will enable our client make payment for farm produces purchase without any stress on their part. Our bank account numbers will be made available on our website and promotional materials to clients who may want to deposit cash or make online transfer for the purchase of soaps and detergents.
- Start – Up Expenditure (Budget)
Starting a standard soap and detergent production company is indeed a capital intensive business. This is so because the amount required in setting – up a standard soap and detergent production plant is not a piecemeal. The bulk of the start – up capital will be sent on leasing or acquiring a facility and also in purchasing soap making equipment and accessories.
Aside from that, you are not expected to spend much except for purchase and servicing of distribution vans, paying of your employees and utility bills et al. We know that no matter where we intend starting our soap and detergent production business, we would be required to fulfill most of the items listed below;
- The Fee for registering the business (venture) in Nigeria – $750
- Legal expenses for obtaining licenses and permits as well as the accounting services (software, P.O.S machines and other software) – $3,500
- Marketing promotion expenses for the grand opening of Cites® Soap Production Company – $150,000
- Cost for hiring Business Consultant – $120,000
- Insurance (general liability, workers’ compensation and property casualty) coverage at a total premium – $30,000
- Cost for payment of rent for 12 month and renovation inclusive – $3,500
- Other start-up expenses including stationery and phone and utility deposits – $5,000
- Operational cost for the first 3 months (salaries of employees, payments of bills et al) – $500
- The cost for start-up inventory (chemicals and packaging materials, lye solution, oils, additives (colorants), and fragrances et al) – $70,000
- Cost for store equipment (cash register, security, ventilation, signage) – $50,000
- Cost of purchase of soap making machine, heat resistance plastic / stainless steel pitcher with lid, big stainless steel / plastic spoon, Stainless steel measuring spoons, measuring cups, small beakers, stick blender (for saponification process), a soap mold, soap pot, rubber spatulas, large stainless steel or plastic ladle, protective goggles, protective rubber hand gloves, Quick reading and accurate thermometer – $5,000
- The cost for the purchase of furniture and equipment (Computers, Printers, Telephone, Fax Machines, tables and chairs et al) – $800
- The cost of launching a website – $750
- The cost for our opening party – $500
- Miscellaneous – $1,000
We would need an estimate of $450, 000 to successfully set up a medium scale but standard soap and detergent production business. Please note that this amount includes the salaries of all the staff for the first 3 month of operation.
Generating Fund / Startup Capital for Cites® Soap Production Company
No matter how fantastic your business idea might be, if you don’t have the required money to finance the business, the business might not become a reality. Finance is a very important factor when it comes to starting a business such as soap and detergent production company. No doubt raising start – up capital for a business might not come cheap, but it is a task that an entrepreneur must go through.
Cites® Soap Production Company is a family business that is owned and financed by Mrs. Celine Bassek and her immediate family members. They do not intend to welcome any external business partner which is why he has decided to restrict the sourcing of the start – up capital to 3 major sources.
These are the areas we intend generating our start – up capital;
- Generate part of the start – up capital from personal savings and sell of stocks
- Source for soft loans from family members and friends
- Apply for loan from my Bank
N.B: We have been able to generate about $250,000 (Personal savings $200,000 and soft loan from family members $50,000) and we are at the final stages of obtaining a loan facility of $500,000 from our bank. All the papers and document have been signed and submitted, the loan has been approved and any moment from now our account will be credited with the amount.
Soap Making Business Plan – Sustainability and Expansion Strategy
The future of a business lies in the numbers of loyal customers that they have the capacity and competence of the employees, their investment strategy and the business structure. If all of these factors are missing from a business (company), then it won’t be too long before the business close shop.
One of our major goals of starting Cites® Soap Production Company is to build a business that will survive off its own cash flow without the need for injecting finance from external sources once the business is officially running. We know that one of the ways of gaining approval and winning customers over is to retail our various fragrances of soaps and detergents a little bit cheaper than what is obtainable in the market and we are well prepared to survive on lower profit margin for a while.
Cites® Soap Production Company will make sure that the right foundation, structures and processes are put in place to ensure that our staff welfare are well taken of. Our company’s corporate culture is designed to drive our business to greater heights and training and re – training of our workforce is at the top burner.
As a matter of fact, profit-sharing arrangement will be made available to all our management staff and it will be based on their performance for a period of three years or more. We know that if that is put in place, we will be able to successfully hire and retain the best hands we can get in the industry; they will be more committed to help us build the business of our dreams.
Check List / Milestone
- Business Name Availability Check: Completed
- Business Registration: Completed
- Opening of Corporate Bank Accounts: Completed
- Securing Point of Sales (POS) Machines: Completed
- Opening Mobile Money Accounts: Completed
- Opening Online Payment Platforms: Completed
- Application and Obtaining Tax Payer’s ID: In Progress
- Application for business license and permit: Completed
- Purchase of Insurance for the Business: Completed
- Leasing of facility and construction of standard soap and detergent production plant: In Progress
- Conducting Feasibility Studies: Completed
- Generating capital from family members and friends: Completed
- Applications for Loan from the bank: In Progress
- Writing of Business Plan: Completed
- Drafting of Employee’s Handbook: Completed
- Drafting of Contract Documents and other relevant Legal Documents: In Progress
- Design of The Company’s Logo: Completed
- Graphic Designs and Printing of Packaging Marketing / Promotional Materials: In Progress
- Recruitment of employees: In Progress
- Purchase of soap making machine, heat resistance plastic / stainless steel pitcher with lid, big stainless steel / plastic spoon, Stainless steel measuring spoons, measuring cups, small beakers, stick blender (for saponification process), a soap mold, soap pot, rubber spatulas, large stainless steel or plastic ladle, protective goggles, protective rubber hand gloves, Quick reading and accurate thermometer – Completed
- Purchase of the Needed furniture, racks, shelves, computers, electronic appliances, office appliances and CCTV: In progress
- Creating Official Website for the Company: In Progress
- Creating Awareness for the business both online and around the community: In Progress
- Health and Safety and Fire Safety Arrangement (License): Secured
- Opening party / launching party planning: In Progress
- Establishing business relationship with vendors – wholesale suppliers / merchants: In Progress