Are you about writing a trucking company business plan? If YES, here is a sample attention grabbing trucking business plan executive summary, goals, mission and vision statements, product/service description and management structure that will surely attract investors.
- Executive Summary
- Market Analysis
- SWOT Analysis
- Financial Projection
- Marketing Plan
- Marketing ideas & Strategies
A Sample Trucking Company Business Plan Executive Summary
Terry Granville Truck Service Inc. is a trucking company that will be based in 10548 SD Highway 32 Belle Fourche South Dakota.
We will provide daily freight services (trucking services, moving services & supplies, and bulk material sales & supplies) on one skid to full truckloads to and from South Dakota, North Dakota, Southern Illinois; St Louis, Missouri; Southeast Missouri; Evansville, IN; Nashville, Tennessee; Memphis, Tennessee and Chicago land areas et al. We will also provide cross docking, warehousing, lift gate and specialized van service in South Dakota, North Dakota, Southern Illinois, Southeast Missouri and Western Kentucky.
Terry Granville Truck Service Inc. has been able to secure all relevant licenses and permits to operate throughout the United States and Canada. We will ensure that we abide by the rules and regulations of the trucking industry and we will only hire experienced and qualified drivers with valid commercial driver’s license (CDL).Our customers and potential customers alike can be rest assured that they will get quality services at competitive rates.
We will go the extra mile to ensure the safety of goods under our care and our customers get value for their money. At Terry Granville Truck Service Inc. our goal is to provide excellent service to our customers and we pride ourselves on the integrity and competence of our company and our employees.
Terry Granville Truck Service Inc. will ensure that all our deliveries are on time and we supersede the expectation of our customers. We will only put trucks that are in top shape on the road, and all our drivers will be trained to be courteous, friendly and to abide by the rules and regulations of the industry. We will maintain and take proper care of our drivers as well as our trucks and equipment.
Terry Granville Truck Service Inc. is a family business; it is owned by Terry Granville and family. Terry Granville is an investor who has an interest in the trucking industry. The company will be fully financed by Terry Granville and he will be the founding chief operating officer of the company. Terry Granville has a diploma in Transport and Logistics Management and his has over 5 years of experience in the transportation industry.
- Our Services
Terry Granville Truck Service Inc. is a company that looks forward to deliver excellent services in terms of helping our customers move goods and equipment from one destination to another destination. We want to be known as the trucking company that truly care for her customers. Our business offering are listed below;
- Moving supplies
- All furniture quilt-wrapped for protection
- On-time pickup and delivery
- Home and office movement
- Local and long distance movement
- Heavy duty equipment movement
- Excavators movement
- Bulldozers movement
- Construction equipment movement
- Agricultural equipment movement
- Movement of oil and gas products
Our Vision Statement
Our Vision is to become one of the preferred choices of individual and organization when it comes to the demand for trucking services in the whole of the United States of America.
- Our Mission Statement
Our mission is to ensure that we build a trucking company that will operate in the whole of the United States of America and Canada; a company that will boast of having some of the best and reliable truck drivers in the whole of the United States of America.
- Our Business Structure
Our business structure will be designed in such a way that it can accommodate but full – time employees and part – time / contract staff; those who just want to take some time off to generate additional incomes.
We intend starting the business with a handful of full time employees (drivers and back office staff) and some of the available driving roles fill be handled by qualified contract drivers. Adequate provision and competitive packages has been prepared for all our employees.
For now, we will contract the maintenance of our trucks to service provider. This is because we don’t intend to maintain a very large overhead from the onset. But as soon as the business grow and stabilize, we will assemble our own in – house maintenance team. Below is the business structure and the roles that will be available at Terry Granville Truck Service, Inc.;
- Chief Operating Officer (Owner)
- Admin and HR Manager
- Transport and Logistics Manager
- Business Developer
- Front Desk Officer
Roles and Responsibilities
Chief Operating Officer (Owner):
- Responsible for providing direction for the business
- Creates, communicates, and implements the organization’s vision, mission, and overall direction – i.e. leading the development and implementation of the overall organization’s strategy.
- Responsible for the day to day running of the business
- Responsible for handling high profile clients and deals
- Responsible for fixing prices and signing business deals
- Responsible for signing checks and documents on behalf of the company
- Evaluates the success of the organization at regular interval
Transport and Logistics Manager
- Coordinates drivers, vehicles, loads and journeys
- operates IT systems
- negotiates and agrees to contracts
- develops and confirms schedules
- plans for and negotiates technical difficulties
- prepares paperwork for regulatory bodies
- liaises and manages staff
- implements health and safety standards
- Plans routes and load scheduling for multi-drop deliveries.
- Books in deliveries and liaises with customers.
- Allocates and records resources and movements on the transport planning system.
- Ensures all partners in the supply chain are working effectively and efficiently to ensure smooth operations.
- Communicates effectively with clients and responds to their requirements.
- Directs all transportation activities.
- Develops transportation relationships.
- Monitors transport costs.
- Negotiates and bargains transportation prices.
- Deals with the effects of congestion.
- Confronts climate change issues by implementing transport strategies and monitoring an organization’s carbon footprint.
Admin and HR Manager
- Responsible for overseeing the smooth running of HR and administrative tasks for the organization
- Defining job positions for recruitment and managing interviewing process
- Carrying out staff induction for new team members
- Responsible for training, evaluation and assessment of employees
- Responsible for arranging travel, meetings and appointments
- Oversee the smooth running of the daily office activities.
- Identifies, prioritizes, and reaches out to new partners, and business opportunities et al
- Identifies development opportunities; follows up on development leads and contacts; participates in the structuring and financing of projects; assures the completion of development projects.
- Responsible for supervising implementation, advocate for the customer’s needs, and communicate with clients
- Develops, executes and evaluates new plans for expanding increase sales
- Documents all customer contact and information.
- Represents the company in strategic meetings
- Helps increase sales and growth for the company
- Responsible for preparing financial reports, budgets, and financial statements for the organization
- Provides managers with financial analyses, development budgets, and accounting reports; analyzes financial feasibility for the most complex proposed projects; conducts market research to forecast trends and business conditions.
- Responsible for financial forecasting and risks analysis.
- Performs cash management, general ledger accounting, and financial reporting for one or more properties.
- Responsible for developing and managing financial systems and policies
- Responsible for administering payrolls
- Ensures compliance with taxation legislation
- Handles all financial transactions for the company
- Serves as internal auditor for the company
Commercial Truck Drivers
- Assists in loading and unloading cargo.
- Maintains a logbook of their driving activities to ensure compliance with federal regulations governing the rest and work periods for operators.
- Keeps a record of vehicle inspections and make sure the truck is equipped with safety equipment, such as hazardous material placards.
- Assists the transport and logistics manager in planning their route according to a delivery schedule.
- Local-delivery drivers may be required to sell products or services to stores and businesses on their route, obtain signatures from recipients and collect cash.
- Transports finished goods and raw materials over land to and from manufacturing plants or retail and distribution centers
- Inspects vehicles for mechanical items and safety issues and perform preventative maintenance
- Complies with truck driving rules and regulations (size, weight, route designations, parking, break periods etc.) as well as with company policies and procedures
- Collects and verify delivery instructions
- Reports defects, accidents or violations
Front Desk / Customer’s Service Officer
- Receives Visitors / clients on behalf of the organization
- Receives parcels / documents for the company
- Handles enquiries via e-mail and phone calls for the organization
- Distributes mails in the organization
- Handles any other duties as assigned my the line manager