Are you about writing a business plan to start a manufacturing company? If YES, here are 100+ sample manufacturing business plans & templates for FREE download.
One of the major vehicles that drive the economy of any nation is the manufacturing industry. Countries that are considered to be industrialized, advanced and economically buoyant are countries with vibrant and active manufacturing sector. No doubt the manufacturing industry is indeed an industry that is wide and all – encompassing – simply because manufacturing is all about producing goods, equipment, chemicals, machines, et al.
As a matter of fact, almost all the industries in the world rely on the manufacturing industry so as to effectively function. For example; the medical and health industry depends on the manufacturing industry to manufacture most of their equipment, tools and supplies that they need to function. So, also is the Agricultural industry which depends on the manufacturing industry to function; the machineries, the chemicals, and the tools that they make use of.
If you are considering going into the manufacturing industry, you have the option of starting on a small scale (production of components, homemade supplies, et al). You could choose to start on a medium scale and lastly you could choose to become a major player by starting on a large scale.
We understand the fact that writing a business plan from scratch can be a herculean task and hiring a manufacturing consultant to prepare a business plan is a NO-NO as most startups are usually operating on a shoestring budget. This is the sole reason we created these FREE sample manufacturing business plan templates.
100+ Sample Manufacturing Business Plans & Templates
1. Paint Manufacturing Business Plan – Players in the paint manufacturing industry manufacture various paints, timber finishes and other surface coating products to decorate and protect surfaces against wear, weather and corrosion. Products such as paints, varnishes, lacquers and stains, as well as fillers, putties, paint thinners and removers are major products manufactured in the industry. This industry does not manufacture artists’ paint.
2. Water Filter Manufacturing Business Plan – This business provides filtration solutions for a variety of contexts, be it residential or for offices and boats. Research has shown that this industry is a tricky one for reputable manufacturers since there is no shortage of substandard products in the market.
3. Eyewear Manufacturing Business Plan – Eyewear manufacturing business falls under the glasses & contact lens manufacturing industry and players in this industry manufacture ophthalmic goods, comprising of eyeglass frames, lenses and contact lenses. The industry also produces sunglasses and protective eyewear, such as goggles.
The LED lamp market is projected to grow by more than twelve-fold over the next decade, from $2 billion in the beginning of 2014 to $25 billion in 2023, a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 25 percent as of 2016. LEDs use only about 10 percent of the energy an incandescent lamp requires.
LED bulbs assembling plants falls under the Lighting & Bulb Manufacturing industry and players in this industry manufacture a wide range of products, which includes electric light bulbs, tubes, parts and light-emitting diode (LED) and lighting fixture manufacturers.
5. CFL Bulb Manufacturing Business Plan – Compact Fluorescent Light (CFL) bulbs manufacturing companies falls under the Lighting & Bulb Manufacturing industry and players in this industry manufacture a wide range of products, which include electric light bulbs, tubes, parts and components amongst others.
However, this industry excludes light-emitting diode (LED) and lighting fixture manufacturers; LED systems are included in the Semiconductor & Circuit Manufacturing industry.
6. Brick Making Plant Business Plan – Research carried out by IBISWorld shows that the Concrete Pipe and Block Manufacturing industry has a medium level of market share concentration, with the three largest players generating an estimated 20.6 percent of industry revenue in 2017. The remainder of the market is captured by a large number of small and medium-scale operators that service relatively narrow geographical markets.
7. Plastic Bottle Manufacturing Business Plan – Businesses in the plastic bottle manufacturing industry are involved in the manufacturing of a wide range of bottles from various plastic compounds based on their end use.
These bottles are then sold to beverage, food and chemical manufacturers to use as packaging for soft drinks, milk, condiments, household and automotive chemicals. This industry does not manufacture reusable plastic bottles or other plastic containers.
8. Toy Manufacturing Business Plan – Toy manufacturing business falls under the Toy, Doll and Game Manufacturing industry and this industry is made up of companies that manufacture dolls, doll accessories, action figures, toys, games (including electronic), hobby kits and children’s vehicles (except metal bicycles and tricycles).
9. Paper Bag Manufacturing Business Plan – Paper bag is one commodity that is used mostly in the retailing industry for packaging goods that are bought from departmental stores, supermarkets, and in the open market; although nylon bags cum polythene bags are also used, but most people prefer paper bags.
This goes to show that there is indeed a very large market for paper bags in our world; hence loads of investors cum aspiring entrepreneur are pitching their tent in the paper bag manufacturing industry.
10. Nylon production Business Plan – The demand for nylon is not only very extensive but is something that is used daily globally. This therefore means that the nylon production industry has a significant economic impact in most countries. Nylons are used for various purposes ranging from domestic purpose such as; bagging, wrapping and covering, shopping edible and non-edible products to business and industrial purposes.
11. Toothpick Manufacturing Business Plan – There is a huge market for the toothpick production business all over Africa and this is because almost everyone uses toothpicks to remove unwanted food leftovers that stick in between the teeth. The use of toothpicks is higher than the use of floss, its closest substitute, which then makes starting the toothpick business lucrative for any enterprising entrepreneur.
12. Ice Block Making Business Plan – The terrible electricity supply situation in Africa means that in many countries, less than 20 percent of the population has a connection to the main grid; this situation is not any better in the rural areas, as less than 5 percent of the population in these areas are connected to the main power grid.
This terrible electricity situation is one of the main reasons why the ice block business is booming and has become a lucrative business for entrepreneurs that are willing to go into it.
13. Nail Manufacturing Business Plan – Establishments in the nail, screw, nut and bolt manufacturing industry manufactures metal fastening products that can be divided into two groups. Precision fastening products are custom made for a particular project or customer.
Alternatively, nails, metal bolt, nut, screw, rivet, washer and industrial fastening products are fabricated to an industry standard and are designed for the wider market. Please not that companies that manufacture plastic fastening products are not included in this industry.
14. Diaper Manufacturing Business Plan – Diapers are used by babies / children and in some cases adults (elderly citizens) all over the world and there are various diapers manufacturing companies whose products are not only sold in their host countries but are exported to other countries of the world.
Basically, diapers manufacturing companies’ designs and produces disposable or cloth diapers, which are garments that are worn by babies / children and the elderly to catch excrement and urine.
15. Tissue Paper Manufacturing Business Plan – The demand for tissue paper in the United States has remained stable for more than 17 years, with the market growing at 2% annually. This has been of a great advantage to tissue paper manufacturing companies whose revenue has increased steadily as the year progresses, especially as the recent recession barely affected these companies.
A fast growing segment in the tissue paper manufacturing industry is the private label market, which is competing fairly with branded tissue counterparts. Between 2003 and 2013, the private label market in the United States has grown by 8%. Also, the market share for private label tissue for a decade is now at nearly 32% up from 18%.
16. Chalk Production Business Plan – In recent times, there has been the high patronage of white boards. This owes to the fact that some folk are comfortable with using markers of different colors on white boards. Whilst the demand for whiteboards by schools, offices and even spiritual houses are high, on the other hand you still cannot rule out the high demands of good old chalks and blackboards.
Although it seems that technology has grown past the black boards; this isn’t to say that they aren’t still in demand. Unlike the white boards, the black boards are known to only comply with chalks. Chalk is used in schools and other learning establishments to write on the board. The demand for chalk is lofty and it is a very viable money spinner.
17. Candle Making Business Plan – The candle making business is a multi-billion dollar industry excluding sales of candle accessories with positive projections of 2.7% between 2010 and 2015 showing that the industry will grow some more. Consumers who go after scented candles do so because they want their homes to smell good. This is another niche for any innovative and focused entrepreneur as against those who make unscented candles.