Do you want to start a mini golf resort business by buying Topgolf franchise? If YES, here is how much it cost to open a Topgolf franchise and their requirement.
Topgolf is a global sports entertainment community headquartered in Dallas, Texas with locations in the United States, United Kingdom, and Australia. There are currently 57 Topgolf locations, 53 in the United States, three in the United Kingdom, and one in Australia.
There are also 12 more locations under construction, 9 in the united states and 3 in the rest of the world (1 each in Canada, Mexico and the United Arab Emirates). Each Topgolf venue features climate-controlled hitting bays for year-round play, food, beverage, music and HDTVs on which various sports games are shown, such as football, basketball and golf. Topgolf also offers golf lessons, leagues, tournaments, concerts, corporate and social events.
Financial Requirements for Starting a TopGolf Franchise
- Investment Estimate
The average TopGolf facility costs approximately 18 million dollars to establish. Originating in the uk and now with numerous locations over the USA; the company plans to expand globally. At this time, the official website is stating that TopGolf is a privately – owned company with no current franchise opportunities. However, if you do have 10 to 20 million lying around, you may wish to pursue this endeavor.
Below is the summary of the cost of starting a TopGolf Franchise;
On average a TopGolf franchise costs up to $18 million dollars to build, however startup costs will fluctuate. One facility in Austin, Texas was built for around $15 million while a new TopGolf that was built in Las Vegas cost over $50 million.
How to Get a TopGolf Franchise
If you are cool with the requirements and finance involved in acquiring this franchise, then you need to follow these steps;
- Fill the application at the website for opening a store. You will need to include your name, address, city and state. You need a phone number and email address. Then choose the amount of capital you will have to invest.
- Wait for the email that confirms that your application was received and is being reviewed. This email will tell you if you will be approved for the location. It will also go into more specifics regarding the financing. You will be asked to schedule a time for an associate to call you and talk more.
- Ensure to have your financial papers ready when you have your phone conversation. This is when you will find out if you have enough money to open the store or if you will need financing. If you need help with financing, you can apply for an SBA prequalified loan through the website.
- Note that approval is expected to be quick once you meet the requirements. You should already have a building with all the hookups. After you are approved, the organization will start sending fixtures and merchandise to your building.
- You will then be mandated to attend a workshop at the headquarters before the opening of your store.
Some Things You Should Know About Topgolf Franchise
a. Focusing on Fun
TopGolf locations have revolutionized the sport by taking the serious level down a notch. Being good at golf is not a requirement to have fun and enjoy a lively atmosphere. Tasty appetizers, refreshing drinks and some fun music provide a delightful atmosphere while you practice your swing and perfect your game. Continuous food and drink service by servers known as “caddies” enables you to stay focused and get in the zone.
b. Micro-chipped Balls and an Outfield
Imagine hitting your golf ball and instantly reading the stats on your shot. The genius behind TopGolf relies on using special golf balls outfitted with micro-chips. Players then utilize real clubs (free to rent for the entire family) and take shots onto an outfield. Highly addictive and entertaining, players of all capacity will enjoy the positive atmosphere and feedback on every shot. Targets range from 215 yards to 20 yards; ideal for everyone.
c. Membership Cards
Players never have to worry about keeping track of their previous scores as their membership card holds all the answers. Purchase your games onto your card and use at any TopGolf location. Note that once game credits are loaded onto the card, they are unable to be refunded.
d. Approximately 18 Million to Build
The average TopGolf facility is 65,000 square feet and three storeys high. Over 1250 people can simultaneously have fun and relax. This destination features monthly membership fees or one time drop in opportunities. There are special discounts for Junior Members available. Due to the state-of-the-art equipment, exuberant real estate and spectacular facilities, these locations are popping up with excellent revenue reports and decent expansion.
e. Your Inventory
Most Golf franchises carry copious amounts of equipment to ensure that players have everything they need for a great game. Your franchise will have specific build out and display options to secure the following items:
- golf balls
- club accessories
- pro-line equipment
- junior equipment
- men’s, ladies and children’s apparel
- along with a host of other golf related items.
f. Climate Controlled Hitting Bays
TopGolf locations offer year round entertainment. Never experience numb hands, disruptive wind or rain or not being able to see your ball due to the sunshine. Enjoy your membership on a daily basis and swing by after work or school. Plan your next corporate event, birthday party or team building exercise in a facility that offers exceptional service and memorable fun.
g. Goodbye Dress Code and 5 Hour Games
Many people want to swing their clubs yet feel discouraged at a regular driving range. Waiting for your tee time or having experienced golfers line up behind you can be intimidating. Thankfully, TopGolf offers a roof top terrace complete with fire pits and an exquisite lounging facility to help you pass the time. An official dress code is not required. Socializing and fun is the mainstay along with perfecting your game of course.
h. Entertainment Factor
If you have ever wondered how close your ball made it to the target or how far you actually hit it; fear not. Every golfer has had those very questions and it was this lack of data that created the TopGolf concept in the first place. With over 90 percent of patrons revisiting a second time, TopGolf has captured the fun and strategy of the game and made it accessible to everyone.
- Food Truck Financial Projection – Profit & Loss Statement - September 22, 2020
- Become a Concession Stand Worker – Job Description & Duties - September 18, 2020
- How to Enter the Great Food Truck Race Successfully - September 10, 2020