What are the best businesses to start as a war veteran? What are the best business ideas for disabled people or Veterans? This article will answer that question in full details.
It is a known fact that millions of people are living with disabilities and often, these disabilities can turn life’s simplest tasks into stressful and daunting chore; thus, it is not every business they can do. Another sad fact is that most of these physically individuals are veterans.
However, the good news is that there are some small business ideas that will be simpler and easier for a disabled person to run. The best businesses for disabled veterans are businesses that don’t require moving around, lifting bulky goods, etc. So without wasting your time, below are some business ideas and opportunities for disabled veterans.
20+ Small Business Ideas and Opportunities for Disabled Veterans
1. Affiliate marketing
This is a type of business where you advertise a specific product(s) for someone else, for instance; a download able product such as games, a computer program, instructional video or even E books. An example of a company that offers affiliate marketing opportunities is Amazon.
One good thing about this business is that it doesn’t require much moving around or manual labor. With just a laptop or Tablet plus internet connection, you are good to go.
2. Online Auctioning: – Internet auction sites have helped many disabled earn additional revenue. The most well known online auction site is eBay. There are millions of professional sellers who use eBay as their primary or secondary source of income.
3. Knitting: – For those veterans who are disabled waist down, you can start a knitting business from home since your hands are okay. You can market your products on the internet.
4. Bead making: – Just like the instance above, you can also venture into bead making and make money from it. All you need is to get the technical skills and some marketing skills.
5. Call Center: – If you posses good phone communication skill, then starting a call center might interest you. Call center workers can work from their own homes and do not need to go out in search of customers.
7. Freelance writing: – For those with good writing skills, you can start writing articles from home as a freelance writer and earn extra income. You can either work independently or as a contractor with big publishing companies.
The job of a mystery shopper is to pose as an everyday customers and rate a store or service. Filling out surveys and participating in various focus groups. This can earn you and income that will help you in supporting yourself.
9. Customer service representative: – A disabled person can work in a company or in an organization as a customer service representative. All he or she needs to do is to sit down and take calls from customers.
10. Designing: – An individual with disabilities but has a knowledge in designing can make ends meet by designing things like success cards, poster, etc on his computer system and have them sold to earn money.
11. Umbrella repair
For disabled veterans in countries like Nigeria, where the rainfall is quite heavy at certain times of the year; umbrella repair business can be an interesting business to venture into. All you need do is to get a spot where you can stay and render your repair services to people. You don’t need to move around.
12. Cobbling: – Cobbling otherwise known as shoe mending is another good business idea for the disabled in the society. By helping others mend their damaged shoes, they make money by sitting at a place.
13. Electronics repair: – Do you have the knowledge of repairing electronics, you can overcome your disabilities by starting an electronic repair business. One good thing about this business is that you can make use of the environment where you live as a workshop and people will come looking for you.
16. Web designing
17. Call card retailing
18. Phone repair
20. Editorial aids
21. Forex trading
22. House sitting: – Some families like having someone around their home whenever they are on vacation, just to ensure that everything is going on well with their home. You render this service to people and get paired for your service.