In Nigeria, there are thirty six states and Enugu is one of the states that make it up. This is one state that has been adjudged to be serene to reside in. It is a mainland state in the south eastern part of Nigeria. It has its capital as Enugu. Some of the principal cities in the state include; Enugu, Agbani, Agwu, Udi, Oji- River, as well as Nsukka.
The state shares borders with Abia and Imo state to the south, Ebonyi to the east, Benue occupies the northeast, Anambra to the west, as well as Kogi state to the northwest. Enugu state is approximately two and a half hours from Port Harcourt, which happens to be the city where coal shipments occur.
In Enugu the people are predominantly farmers and this is because of the rural and agrarian nature of the economy there. Some people are also engaged in some trading and services occupation, whilst others take to manufacturing activities, amongst others.
If you have ever been to Enugu before, then you might have noticed the ambience the city has. However, if starting a business in this state is uttermost at heart, then you may consider looking at the following business ideas that have continued to work for a lot of people.
10 Small Business Investment Opportunities in Enugu State
1. Farm Production
Since one of the highest occupations of those in Enugu is farming, then you can tap into this venture. You do not necessarily have to be the person who does the farming. You can decide to produce food crops, whilst you employ experienced farmers to help you. Some of the foods that can be produced include the following; garri, yam, cocoyam, amongst others.
2. Sales of Farm produce
Whilst the farmer is burdened with how to get the crops on the ground, as well as nurturing it till maturity, there are some who see to it that the foods are sold to the public. It is for that reason that you may engage in this business. Be sure to get fresh and good foods from the farm as soon as they are harvested. You may decide to have a shop where thee foods are displayed and sold. In all, it is important that the shop is well situated.
3. Palm Oil Production-: Palm oil can also be produced in Enugu. If you have enough capital, then you can look at buying a palm tree plantation. On the other hand, if you do not have the capital required to nail this, then you can get supplies for the palm oil production.
4. Electronic Repairs-: If you have a penchant for electronics, then you can consider starting an electronic repairs shop. First of all, this business requires that you have knowledge of what it takes to repair electronics. Thereafter, be sure that your shop is well situated.
Food plays a very important role in our human life and this is one fact restaurant owners in Enugu know too well. The competition in this industry is high, but that doesn’t mean that you couldn’t possibly key into this area of business. In starting out, you have got to be sure that you know how to cook too well in order to attract clients too soon.
In Enugu, there are folks who wouldn’t mind switching to fast foods when they are famished. It is for that reason that you may want to start a fast food business. You may consider taking a cue from the existing ones, so as to be conversant with how things are done. Be sure that you have enough money to furnish your fast food place with.
7. Second Hand Products
If you know you wouldn’t mind starting a consignment store, then you may consider starting this kind of business. There is ample opportunity to make great profit in this business. However, you have to decide on what you want to sell. It could be shoes, clothes, bags, and what have you.
8. Electronics Business-: All over the world, there is the craze for gadgets and gizmos. Thus, you may key into this as this is also the case with folks in Enugu. Be sure that you have the latest gadgets in your store. Gadgets like; LCDs, 3Ds, as well as other electronics.
One of the businesses that have continued to witness a boom since the inception of GSM in Nigeria is the recharge card business. You may as well take a cue from this venture and make your own profit too. Be sure to know the places to get the recharge cards, and at fair rates. You can also look into manufacturing the cards yourself as time goes on.
Whilst the second hand clothes may be affordable and loved by many; yet the love for brand new clothes is still on the rise. This is because there are some people who would do all they can to wear only brand new accessories. You must first determine whether you want to deal in clothes, shoes, and what have you.
Would dabbling into one or more of these business ideas guarantee profit? You can be sure that these are money spinning ideas that have worked for others and would surely guarantee a return in your investment.
- How to Get HVAC Technician & Contractors License in Arkansas - March 22, 2020
- How to Get HVAC Technician & Contractors License in Alabama - March 22, 2020
- 50 Best Recession Proof Business ideas & Industries for 2020 - March 22, 2020