Do you want to start an escape room business by buying a franchise? If YES, here are 5 best profitable escape room franchise opportunities for sale and their cost.
An escape room is a form of physical adventure/role playing game in which players are locked in a room that they have to escape before a specified time limit elapses. The room is typically littered with puzzles, riddles, clues and hints which the players have to piece together in order to escape from the room.
The origin of escape rooms can be traced back to videos games that are in the “escape-the-room” style. Games are set in a variety of fictional locations, such as prison cells, dungeons and space stations, and usually the various puzzles and riddles themselves follow the theme of the room.
Escape rooms gained popularity in North America, Europe and East Asia in the 2010s. The first Permanent escape rooms in fixed locations were first opened in Asia and followed later in North America, Europe, Australia, New Zealand, Russia and South America.
Escape rooms have come to be known to be part game, part role playing, part team work/ team building and they are very popular these days, and the growth has been quite fast. As a matter of fact, in early 2010, there was no permanent escape room in the whole world, yet today, there are over 2,800 of them scattered all over the place.
The business has also proven to be not just poplar but also successful. Nate Martin, one of the founders and CEO of puzzle break, invested $7,000 in 2013 in order to start the business. In just a month, he was able to recoup the invested amount and it has been all profit ever since.
Escape rooms have the capacity to be profitable, but you should be willing to invest significant initial investment to secure and fit out your site. Here are some of the best escape room franchises in the United States and how much they cost.
5 Best Escape Room Business Franchise Opportunities for Sale and Their Cost
1. Escape Hunt: Escape Hunt is one of the largest escape room businesses in the world today and they are also leading in “experimental entertainment”. The business was founded in 2013 and since then it has managed to grow to nearly 50 locations in over 26 countries.
When you buy a franchise from them, you will have access to leading games from their headquarters and operational know how.
- Asking Price $320,000
2. Claustrophobia: Claustrophobia was founded in Moscow in 2013. And in just 6 years, the business managed to expand to 50 cities across the world.
- Initial investment: $150,000- $450,000
- Franchise costs: $10,000
3. Paniq Escape Room: according to their website, “Paniq Room is currently the fastest growing escape room chain in the United States with operating locations in Hollywood, San Francisco, Miami, Phoenix, Beverly Hills, Chicago and Washington DC.” The brand is owned by PanIQ Entertainment LLC, an American company founded in 2014 by young Hungarian professionals.
- Minimum Cash Required $100,000
- Total Investment $200,000 – $350,000
- Franchise Fee: $24,900
4. Escapology: Escapology provides its customers with a taste and thrill of real life game experience.
- Franchise fee: $37,000
- Initial investment: $200,000 to $300,000 depending on the size and location of the venue.
This amount includes build-out cost, franchise fee, training and game supplies. A standalone venue averages between 2,000-3,000 square feet and features 3-6 game themes. Escapology charges a onetime franchising fee of $37,000 and which applies to standalone and integrated venues.
- Total Investment: $144,000 – $681,000
- Cash Required: $100,000
5. EXIT: EXIT is fast establishing itself to be one of the most recognized and respected brands for escape rooms.
- Franchise fee: $12,000 for each game theme