Do you want to start a food related business by buying a franchise? If YES, here are 100+ best food franchise opportunities for sale and their cost.
If you take your time to observe businesses around you, you will find out that any business that relates to food thrives – especially if the business is strategically positioned. Food business is perhaps one of the businesses that an entrepreneur can start and grow to profitability within a short period of time.
Over and above, the food industry is a very large industry and despite the competition in the industry, people are still making profits out of the industry.
100+ Best Food Franchise Opportunities for Sale and Their Cost
1. Bakery Franchise – Shifting consumer trends and increasing consolidation have posed a significant challenge to bakery manufacturers. Nevertheless, this industry is soaring and has continued to grow, largely due to the impact the products from bakeries have on people in the society either as a major snack/ a food supplement.
The US bakery products industry includes about 2,800 commercial bakeries with combined annual revenue of about $36 billion, along with about 6,000 retail bakeries with combined annual revenue of about $3.8 billion.
2. Bottle Water Franchises – Needless to say that there are readily available markets for bottled water no matter the part of the world that you decided to start your own bottled water Production Company. This is so because every human on the face of the earth drink clean and portable water to survive no matter how it is packaged.
3. Cake Shop Franchises – Cake making is part of the bakery industry and it is estimated that the industry involves more than 2,800 commercial bakeries and they together drag in a combined annual revenue of about $30 billion, along with about 6,700 retail bakeries with annual revenue of about $3 billion.
The cake industry has been profitable and would continue to be, you only have to find a niche that suites you best and then engage in extensive marketing after you must have set up the business.
4. Catering Franchises – If you have a penchant for whipping up great meals, then you may have also tinkered with wanting to commercialize the business. If you have cooked for family and friends, and they have told you how much of a good cook you are, then chances are that you need to take the business to another level. However; truth be told, being a professional caterer might not just come easy.
5. Coffee Shop Franchises – Coffee business is one of the businesses that an entrepreneur can successfully start in the corner of a busy street or on a mobile shop without breaking the bank for cash. At the same time, big – time investors can also leverage on the high demand for coffee to set up their own coffee shops / cafés in strategic locations all around key cities in the United States of America and in other parts of the world.
6. Food Truck & Cart Franchises – As the industry grows, food truck owners are becoming more creative on how they run their business. It is now normal for food trucks to be found at wedding receptions and special events.
With the partnership of event managers, food trucks can be hired to service special events, such as wedding parties, crusades, community events, school events, birthday parties, picnics, retirement parties, and any other event as deemed fit by the event manager.
7. Pizza Shop Franchises – This lucrative industry is made up to of businesses that make and serve pizza and other related items. The industry includes both full-service shops and quick-service businesses. We agree there are well-established and well-known pizza brands in the industry, yet there are also a large number of small, independent and locally focused pizza shops across the United States. Reports have it that about 55.3% of US pizza stores are small independently owned shops.
8. Restaurant Franchises – One good thing about the restaurant business is that an owner has the sole right to determine the price they want to sell their menu irrespective of what others around them might – especially if they are good with the delicacies they whip up.
There is no contesting the fact that food is one of the basic needs of people. It is for that reason that a myriad of people do all it takes to eat when they are hungry and Restaurants are such places that is designed to address such needs.
9. Smoothie & Juice Bar Franchises – The Juice and Smoothie Bars industry has grown steadily over the last five years as juice bars have adapted to the rapidly changing consumer preference and lifestyle. The Juice and Smoothie Bars industry is a thriving sector of the economy of the United States of America and they generate well over $2 billion annually from more than 1,435 registered and licensed juice and smoothie bar companies scattered all around the United States of America.
10. Gourmet Popcorn Franchises – Popcorn is a favorite snack for most people in the United States of America and is sold almost everywhere in the country. It is sold in parks, malls, restaurants, amongst many other places. If this business is properly planned, managed and marketed, it can go on to be a long lasting business with plenty of profits.
11. Liquor Store Franchises – The Liquor, Beer and Wine industry is indeed a very large industry and pretty much thriving in all the parts of the world. Statistics has it that in the United States of America alone, there are about 41,285 licensed liquor stores responsible for employing about 170,399 employees and the industry rakes in a whooping sum of $48bn annually.
12. Cupcake Shop Franchises – Cupcake is a niche market in the baking and culinary industry and statistics has it that there are 400 registered cupcake outlets in the United States of America and 770,000,000 cupcakes are consumed in the U.S. in 2012 alone. Crumbs Bake Shop® is the highest selling cupcake shop in the United States with estimated net sales of $8.9m and a gross profit of $5.1m in 2011.
15. Candy Store Franchises – A candy store is a retail outlet where different candies, chocolates, chewing gums, sweeties, and toffees et al are sold. Basically, candy stores ensure that they target locations where they can easily attract children because children are the major consumers of products from candy stores.
16. Frozen Yogurt Franchises – It is on record that many players in the Frozen Yogurt Stores industry were able to successfully beat the economic downturn and grow strongly over the last five years, as tart frozen yogurt became one of America’s favorite frozen desserts. The tart variety of yogurt, which to some extent has sour taste similar to that of traditional Greek-style yogurts, has been popular since Pinkberry introduced the flavor into the market in 2005.
17. Water Purification Franchises – The Water Supply and Irrigation Systems industry that water purification plant is a part of is a thriving sector of the economy of the United States of America and they generate a whooping sum of well over $73 billion annually from more than 48,738 registered and licensed water supply and irrigation systems companies scattered all around the United States of America.
18. Wine Store Franchises – The wine store business is one that is an all seasonal business and is also one that is recession proof. This business is one that is very lucrative because it doesn’t require employing too many hands. Another plus to starting this kind of business is that you get to know all the vintners in the area where you will be operating from.
19. Hot Dog Franchises – The Hot Dog cart industry has skilled people and can be said to have continued to evolve as the years go by. Over half a decade ago, up until now, remarkable changes have continued to happen in the industry, as consumers have increasingly paid premiums to get the best hot dogs.
20. Ice Cream Franchises – Players in the Ice Cream Production / ice cream truck industry predominantly produce ice cream, frozen yogurt and sherbet et al, and sell these products to downstream markets such as retailers and food service related businesses.
21. Snow Cone Franchises – The snow cone business has existed for a long while and it has continued to bring in good money to its operators. If you shouldn’t go into the snow cone business for anything, then perhaps you should because it is one way to satisfy the appetites of people. This isn’t an expensive business to start. In fact it is one of the best businesses you could ever start.
22. Food Delivery Franchises – If you are interested in starting a business in the food cum restaurant industry, then one of the ways you can enter the industry is to create your niche or choose a niche that you can effectively maximize. Starting food delivery services to homes and offices (corporate organizations might just be the door into starting something thriving and profitable.
23. Mobile Juice Bar Truck Franchises – In recent time, loads of people are becoming aware of the need to cut down on carbonated drinks and drink more of juice because of its enormous health benefits and this is why mobile juice trucks can be found in different locations all around major cities in the United States. It is obvious that the mobile juice truck business is one cool business that an aspiring entrepreneur can settle for.
24. Bubble Tea Shop Franchises – Even though America is regarded as a coffee society, bubble teas are fighting to ensure that they grab the attention of the American and make them switch to drinking bubble teas.
According to a data report collated by Foursquare, the bubble tea business has increased in popularity as more people were visiting bubble tea stores in 2015 to get or drink bubble teas or to buy the ingredients that would enable them make their own bubble teas at home.
25. Bar & Grill Business – For those that run bars and night clubs, their major sources of revenue generation are the sale of assorted beers, distilled spirits, liquor, martinis, wine, food and non – alcoholic beverages. Beer which is the major selling point for bars accounting for 37% of the revenue generated by bars in the United States is manufactured by more than 3,000 breweries (both conventional and microbrewery).
26. Cigar Lounge Franchises – As the economy continues to grow and improve over the next five years, more consumers will likely indulge in premium cigars at high-end smoke shops, helping the industry sustain its growth and widen profit margins. The fact that there are emerging laws restricting people to where to smoke cigars, cigarettes and tobacco et al makes it one of those businesses that is in high demand.
27. Halal Food Franchises – Halal food is food that has been known to pass certain laws as stipulated by the Islamic religion. It is a fact that Muslims would not touch any food that does not meet the Halal guidelines, and that is why a lot of food products now carry an inscription that shows that they are Halal certified.
The current global Halal market value for trade in food products is estimated at US$547 billion a year and was expected to reach $1.6 trillion by 2018, growing at a compound annual growth rate of 6.9%.
28. Microbrewery Franchises – Starting a brewery plant is quite expensive and most entrepreneurs that have the plan of launching theirs might not have the startup capital to achieve it, but good enough, they have the option of starting their own microbrewery business via franchising.
29. Wine Bar Franchises – One way to get into the wine business would be to purchase a wine bar franchise so you can start reaping considerably high profits. Buying a wine franchise has significant advantages over opening your own wine business, as it will give you access to bulk purchasing agreements.
30. Healthy Food Store Franchises – Starting a healthy food related business is just the way to go because people are beginning to appreciate healthy food and healthy eating most especially in the United States of America. If you are interested in a starting a healthy food business, here are some best healthy food business ideas you can choose from.
21. Seafood Franchises – The seafood industry is one of the fastest growing sectors of US agriculture. Consumer demand for seafood has continued to grow at a steady pace of 20% or more annually since the 1990s. About 73% of conventional grocery stores and 100% of natural food stores carry seafood products.