Do you want to start a business in the medical industry by buying a franchise? If YES, here are 100+ best healthcare & medical franchise opportunities.
The health care industry is an ever growing billion dollar industry, mainly because the need for sound healthcare increases with age. The healthcare industry covers medicine (medical practices), pharmacy (drug manufacturing et al), medical equipment manufacturing and research institutes, amongst others.
One of the good things about this industry is the point that one smiles to the bank whilst saving lives as it were. The health care is a broad industry comprising of several sub sectors such as:
- Primary healthcare
- Secondary healthcare
- Tertiary healthcare
However, it is important you know that the healthcare is the most strictly regulated industry. This is because it is directly involved with human lives. So you would need to be licensed before you can operate any business in this industry and to obtain a license, you will need certification aside other requirements that need to be fulfilled.
100+ Best Healthcare & Medical Franchise Opportunities for Sale and Their Cost
1. Assisted Living Facility Franchises – There are business opportunities all around us that can guarantee us steady flow of income. For instance, if you love the elderly and you enjoy working with them, you can consider opening your own assisted living facility. An assisted living facility is different from a hospital or healthcare facility; it can be likened to an old people’s home.
2. Fitness & Gym House Franchises – Fitness is booming and with the ever increasing number of corporate wellness programs and health insurance incentives, opening a gym appears to be full of opportunity. However, with all of the different options (trends, facility type, commercial gym equipment, programming, etc.); taking that first step in opening up a gym can be quite daunting.
- Personal Training Business Franchises – Most personal training businesses are usually within the setting of a fitness club, with the personal trainers regarded as independent contractors. Starting a personal training business involves steps that must not be taken for granted if you intend to make it to become a success.
- Yoga Studio Franchises – The yoga studio industry is one where there is no company with a dominant market share. On the average, the company generates $10 billion and has seen an annual growth of 9.2 percent between the periods of 2011 and 2016. The reason why there is so many of such studios in the United States of America is due to the fact that individuals who have become more conscious of their health are turning to yoga.
3. Medical Staffing Agency Franchises – The healthcare staffing agency requires low startup capital and it is indeed a highly profitable venture. As a matter of fact, nurses are the most recruited health workers because they are in high demand.
4. Home Healthcare Franchises – In 2006, about 22% of Americans took care of someone over fifty and as the aged population continues to rise, the home health care industry will continue to experience an increase in market share.
More growth is expected as more than 85% of seniors express a desire to stay in their homes rather than be put in a hospital or nursing home. Home care providers have been cited as one of the fastest growing sectors in the health care industry.
5. Hospital & Clinic Franchise – There is indeed a very large market for hospital (healthcare service) providers in the United States and of course in most parts of the world.
It is on record that in 2011, healthcare costs paid to hospitals, physicians, nursing homes, diagnostic laboratories, pharmacies, medical device manufacturers and other players in the health care system business value chain consumed an estimated value of 17.9 percent of the Gross Domestic Product (GDP) of the United States; this is indeed the largest of any country in the world.
6. Marijuana Dispensary Franchises – Medical marijuana is gradually gaining acceptance providing business investors and operators with unprecedented business opportunities. According to research, the market is likely to enjoy a 99% growth in the next five years just in existing markets, with twenty potential new markets opening.
Recreational Marijuana Stores industry has experienced an exponential growth of 34.2% for the years between 2010 and 2015. The industry has revenue of $4 billion, with 5,169 businesses employing 74,222 people.
7. Medical Billing Franchises – According to IBISWorld, the medical billing industry is worth $3 billion annually with an 8.8 percent growth between a five year period (2011 to 2016). The industry is valued that high due to the rising demand for medical billing services, which has then led to more operators entering into the industry.
Demand in this industry has risen mainly due to the growing population of the baby boomers who especially in the year 2016, required medical billing services after growing visits to the doctors.
8. Medical Transportation Franchises – Statistics has it that about 3.6 million Americans miss or delay medical care services simply because they lack appropriate means of transportation to catch up with their medical appointments.
So also, the average low – income earners in the United States Americans lack the disposable income necessary to have access to a working automobile, and as a result of that may lack transportation options to get to and from medical appointments which is why
9. Nursing Home Franchises – Internationally, demand for nursing homes and assisted living services are growing along with the number of elderly people. While the number of nursing facilities varies by region, a growing number of countries — particularly those with some form of national health insurance — are experiencing an increase in demand for long-term care options for their aging and infirm citizens.
10. Physical Therapy Franchises – The physical therapy rehabilitation industry generated an annual revenue of $30 billion with a growth rate of more than 2 percent between the periods of 2011 to 2016. The industry is one that is recession proof as the last recession did not have any negative effect on the industry because the industry relies majorly on reimbursements from Medicare.
11. Weight Loss Clinic Franchises – The Weight Loss Clinic Services industry is indeed a very massive industry in the United States of America, Canada, United Kingdom, Germany and Belgium et al. Statistics has it that the weight loss clinic services industry in the United States of America is worth $2bn. You can also choose to buy a medical weight loss clinic franchise.
12. Pharmacy Franchises – The global pharmaceutical industry is responsible for the development, production and marketing of medications. Reports have stated that the total pharmaceutical revenue worldwide surpassed one trillion U.S. dollars in 2016, with North America responsible for the largest portion of these revenues, because of the leading role of the U.S. pharmaceutical industry.
13. Medical Supply Franchises – Businesses in the medical supplies industry manufacture and supply instruments and supplies, store these items at distribution centres, and deliver the products and some other services to professionals in the medical field.
14. Medical Courier Franchises – Medical courier business involves the transportation of delicate organs, lab specimens, medical equipment and machines make up the variety of items a medical courier can transport. The industry is a very large one, with hundreds of billions of dollars being generated both as revenue and as profit every year.
15. Stem Cell Banking Franchises – Stem cell business is grouped under the blood and organ banking industry and human stem cell banks collect, test, preserve and deliver stem cells from donors either for preparation of cell lines for use in research, or for future use through banking umbilical cord blood.
Stem cells are cells (the functional basic unit of life) that have the potential to differentiate into a variety of tissue. This industry excludes public stem cell banks and companies that primarily research, develop and manufacture therapeutic products using stem cells.
16. Medical Lab & Diagnostics Franchises – A diagnostic center is considered a major support for hospitals all over the world, which is why it is highly necessary that everything regarding the business be done right, as a single false result could eventually ruin the reputation of the diagnostics center.
17. Health & Medical Spa Franchises – The Health and Wellness Spa industry has experienced stable development over the five years to 2016. Industry proceeds have progressively recovered with improving per capita disposable income and consumer confidence.
To make profit, spas have stretched their array of service offerings, predominantly their range of anti-aging and medical treatments. The baby-boomer generation is likely to take advantage of growing anti-aging services over the next five years, making the demographic an exclusively important source of industry growth.
18. Medical Equipment Franchises – To succeed in running a medical equipment retail shop, your business must be in a good location,you must have easy access to wholesale supply of quality medical equipment, good customer service and accounting skills.
The truth is that if your shop is located in an area with tons of hospitals, medical facilities, vehicular traffic and you have quality medical equipment and instruments from different brands, you may not have to struggle to get people to visit your shop and make purchases.
19. Dental Equipment Repair Franchises – Dental handpiece is an instrument for holding dental burs to remove tooth structure or to smooth and polish restorative materials. Handpiece rotations are measured in rotations per second. Handpieces may be powered by electric motor or air turbines and are characterized as high speed or low speed depending on their rotational speed.
A close study of the Dental Equipment Dealers industry that dental handpiece repair line of business is a part of, shows that the industry has experienced remarkable stability over the past five years as a result of rapid improvements in dental technology.
20. Nutrition Related Franchises – Nutrition consulting is under the Nutritionists & Dietitians industry and players in this industry also includes health practitioners who have a bachelor’s degree, licensure, certification or registration and primarily advise on matters of diet and nutrition and their effects on health. These practitioners operate private or group practices in their own offices or in the facilities of others, including hospitals or other medical centers.
21. Dental Related Franchises – Players in the dental laboratories industry are known to manufacture dentures, crowns, bridges and orthodontic products customized for individual application as prescribed by licensed dentists.
Technological changes in the Dental Laboratories industry, specifically computer-aided design and computer-aided manufacturing (CAD/CAM) systems, improved the overall quality of products and services offered by industry operators over the five years to 2018. New and innovative technologies improved efficiency and provided flexibility to industry operators, however, a transforming competitive landscape presented new challenges.
22. Herbal Medicine Products Franchise – Companies in the herbal medicine industry are known to blend and package plant infusions made from leaf, root, fruit or flower that comes from a plant other than the tea plant. They also produce herbal and nutritional supplements. Please note that this industry does not include iced and ready-to-drink herbal teas.
If you are a close observer of happenings in the Herbal Medicine and Tea Production industry, you will agree that the industry has contracted over the past five years. Despite positive consumer trends, including a rise in health consciousness, the industry faltered at the start of the period due to decline in general tea consumption.
23. Medical Imaging & Lab Franchises – Medical imaging encompasses a cross-section of diagnostic procedures. MRIs, CT scans, mammography exams, ultrasounds, radiology and bone density screenings are just some of the diagnostic services that are offered by leading, independent medical imaging clinics.
24. Adult Daycare Franchises – Adult day care business is one very easy business which anyone with a penchant for people could readily start. There is no doubt that the adult day care business has come to stay, because there are more and more people taking to the trade because of the increasing need to care for some adults who may not be disposed to care for themselves.
These adults may be down with one form of ailment or another. This is one of the reasons why in the states of America, there is hardly one neighborhood that doesn’t have an adult day care Centre.
25. Dialysis Center Franchises – Kidney dialysis center falls under the Dialysis Centers industry and players in this industry include medical facilities that provide inpatient and outpatient kidney or renal dialysis services and other related treatment and management.
If you are a close observer of happenings in the dialysis centers industry especially in the United States of America, you will notice that dialysis centers performed well over the five years to 2018, due to inelastic demand for their services.
26. Botox Clinic Franchises – Botox clinic is under the Plastic Surgeons industry and players in this industry provide medical techniques that enhance the physical appearance of the body for cosmetic or reconstructive purposes. These companies consist of medical specialist clinics where licensed professional doctors perform surgical and non-surgical procedures.
If you keep tabs with Botox clinics services or Plastic Surgeons industry, you will notice that demand for the services offered has been on the rise. The aging population and an increasingly favorable public perception of plastic surgery have been the driving force behind the recent rise in industry demand.
27. Chiropractic Clinic Franchises – Chiropractic treatment technique involves manual therapy, especially the manipulation of the spine, joints, and soft tissue, but may also include exercises and health and lifestyle counseling.
Aside from the fact that this is a money-spinning industry, it is important to point out that chiropractic services can’t go out of fashion because of the role it plays in our world. Depending on the scale you want to start, you either start from the scratch or buy the franchise of an existing chiropractic clinic.
28. Medical Waste Disposal Franchises – Medical waste can be said to be any type of waste that contains any material that may be considered to be infectious. By this definition, waste generated by healthcare facilities like physician’s offices, hospitals, dental practices, laboratories, medical research facilities, and veterinary clinics can all be considered to be medical waste.
29. Medical Coding Franchises – The fact that the medical billing and coding industry plays a very important role in the health and insurance sectors show that there is a large market for medical billing and coding companies. Medical billing and coding companies help doctors and other healthcare providers process and collect payments from insurance companies and Medicare service providers.