Do you want to start a mineral water business franchise but you lack ideas? If YES, here are 13 best mineral water franchise opportunities you can buy for 2019.
Mineral water is water that flows from mineral springs which contains various minerals like salts and sulfur compounds. Mineral water can be “still” or “sparkling ” (carbonated/effervescent) according to the presence or absence of added gases.
Traditionally, mineral waters are used or consumed at their spring sources, usually known as “taking the waters” or “taking the cure,” at places such as spas, baths, or wells. The term spa was used for a place where the water was consumed and bathed in.
These days however, it is a lot more common for mineral water to be bottle up and then distributed to consumers for consumption. It is now very uncommon for people to travel all the way to the mineral spring in order to get the mineral water and in a lot of cases, this is not even possible because of exclusive commercial ownership rights. There are more than 4,000 brands of mineral water commercially available worldwide.
Here are the best mineral water franchises to buy in the United States of America.
13 Best Mineral Water Franchise Opportunities for 2019
1. Purified water to go: Purified Water to Go is a top retail outlet that sells purified and mineral water by the gallon in addition to purified ice and related products such as coolers and crocks, dispensers, bottles and shower filters. The Purified Water to Go brand provides high quality drinking water.
Each store is equipped with a proprietary, state-of-the-art Pure and Fresh 12-Stage Water Purification System that dispenses superior quality drinking water for 30 to 50 cents per gallon. Above all, Purified Water to Go provides products that customers who demand high quality can trust and depend on to meet their stringent standards for consumption.
- Initial franchise fee – $15,000 to $29,500, depending on location, size of store and other considerations.
- Total investment- between $45,500 to $205,600
- Royalty fee- 6%
2. Wateria water store: This company is a full-service retail shop that sells drinking water, in addition to ice, water bottles, coolers, et al. Wateria offers purified drinking water at its finest, which was made possible by their exclusive 13-step water purification system, which was approved by the California State Department of Food and Drugs.
- Initial Franchise Fee -$20,000
- Royalty fee – $0.01 per gallon
3. World of Water international: this business is a world class producer of bottled water. They have been in operation since the year 1976 and they have also been the franchisor of retail bottled water stores.
- Initial investment -$100,000
- initial franchise fee- $5,000.
4. Dasani: this is a top brand of bottle water and has been around since 1999. This product is from the well-known Coco-Cola company and it is sold across the world. Just like the tagline- ‘Enriched with minerals for a pure, fresh taste’, this water is enriched with a lot of minerals. Due to the pure and refreshing taste of Dasani water, coupled with a pinch of natural fruit flavor, it is very popular today.
5. Nestle Waters: Originated in the year 1992, the healthy hydrating company, Nestle Waters, is positioned on top of the bottled water brands. Maintaining about 94 production units across 34 countries, Nestle waters innovate continually to meet the expectations of the customers.
Nestle water carries out various researchers and spread the word to the world to make their customers realize the importance of water and hydration for their health. Nestle water also produces healthy flavored sparkling water to compensate the usage of sweetened sodas and juices.
- Initial franchise fee – $15,000
- Royalty – 6% of your gross sales.
6. Glaceau SmartWater: As the name represents, Smartwater is quite smart considering the way it is made. Treated as one of the top bottled water company, Glaceau SmartWater offers crisp delicious and pure water.
7. Poland Spring: initially manufactured in Poland, Poland Spring is a branded bottled water company. In the year 2006, Poland Spring was one of the top selling water brands in the United States. This branded water produces products like sparkling water, spring water, and distilled water.
Poland Spring source water from the natural spring in Maine and has their delivery across New England. They are appreciated for their various sizes of bottles they have available. This Sparkling spring water is also available in natural fruit essence flavor like lemon, lime, and Orange.
This bottled water company also serves the Maine community through their well-known water donation program. The company donates water to the community groups. In the year 2016, the company donated 800,000 bottles of Poland Spring to the community group. Due to its main focus on the natural spring water, this company is one of the top bottled water brands in the world.
8. Danone Bottled water: Considered as one of the leading bottled water brands in the world, Danone takes every effort to make sure that they offer health-focused water. Every care is taken to design their bottles that are mainly focused on usability and style.
Until the year 2015, Danone possessed the market share of 10.1 percent and it was ranked the second among the top bottled companies in the world. Estimation for the global market for Danone brand was 200.3 billion US dollars.
9. Fiji: Started the water journey in the year 1996 from a remote Pacific island, Fiji is one of the top bottled water companies in the world and it produces the world’s finest water. In the current world, Fiji is available in many places including top hotels, restaurants, retail outlets, airport and also available for direct delivery.
Fiji water bottle is the topmost exporter of bottled water in the United States and this water is used in about 60 countries across the world. Due to its commitment to their business and looking for making a difference, Fiji water is considered as one of the top bottled water company in the world.
10. Deer Park: As the tagline in the bottle says, ‘100% Natural Spring Water’, Deer Park is one of the top bottled water companies that produces real spring water. It also produces real fruit flavors as additional refreshment. It gives the taste of nature.
Their products are focused on both flavored and unflavored types and they are free of sugar and colors. The company started its water journey from one spring named the Appalachian Mountains. It carefully selects the springs and currently has 13 springs that are spread across four states.
11. Ozarka: this is a top bottled water company and is well known for its natural spring water, Ozarka gets the water from 3 springs situated in Texas. The process from spring to bottle is well-taken care of at Ozarka and utmost care is taken to ensure that every drop of water meets the quality. Ozarka 100% Natural spring water originated from Texas from 3 springs. The 3 springs sites are spread across 150 miles in the Eastern side of Texas. These 3 springs provide the water a fresh taste.
12. Wahaha: Considered as one of the top brands of bottled water, Wahaha started its journey in the year 1987 in China. It basically started its operations by selling ice cream, soda, stationary etc. Over the years, Wahaha became the largest beverage company in China but has spread to other countries including the United States. Wahaha has established 80 production units over the years.
Wahaha bottled water is a widely recognized brand in China. Wahaha tagline for their brand is ‘Healthy Life, Healthy Water’. The natural mineral water originated from spring locations situated in Changhai Mountain. Wahaha also produces Mineral water that makes use of reverse osmosis technology and adds minerals to provide a fresh taste.
13. Nongfu Spring: Established in the year 1996, Nongfu Spring headquartered in Hangzhou. Nongfu Spring is one of the top bottled water brands in China. It produces high-quality spring water along with other beverages. Nongfu Spring believes in naturalist and makes use of natural ingredients that are of high quality. Their main products are bottled water, juices, tea and functional beverages and fresh fruit.
Nongfu Spring has established water bottling plants apart from water sources in China and maintains the area to a great extent. They make use of the best technology and production management systems to provide high-quality water. During the year 2015, Nongfu Spring showed sales of about 5.6% of the total bottled water of China.