Do you want to start a pet boarding business franchise but you lack ideas? If YES, here are 15 best pet boarding franchise opportunities for sale and their cost.
No matter how much you love your pet, there will still come a time when you have to travel and you can’t bring them along. This may be because you are traveling to a far place, you do not want the stress and additional cost that comes with traveling with a pet, or your pet is sick, or you are going to a destination that does not allow pets on its premises, among a host of other reasons.
When a lot of pet owners are faced with such dilemmas, they may end up leaving their pets with their neighbor who may not be in the position to provide the animal with the best care it deserves. This is the where the home boarding alternative comes in. Pet boarding can come in form of;
- In-Home pet Boarding: some pets are so used to staying in a particular house, that they many feel uneasy staying at an enclosed space at a different location where their owner isn’t even present. This is where in-home pet boarding comes in. In this type of pet boarding, the sitter comes to the house of the client to “sit” the pet. Another viable alternative will be to sit the pet in the home of the sitter instead of the client’s house.
- Pet Hotels: if you have the money and will like to spoil your pet, you can go for a pet hotel. These are lavish accommodations that provide boarding facilities for pets. They have all sorts of fun activities that are fun and enjoyable for the pets.
15 Best Pet Boarding Franchise Opportunities for Sale and Their Cost
1. Camp Bow Wow: camp bow wow offers the service of a doggy day care center. In addition, they also offer overnight boarding complete with live webcam that allows the owners of the dogs to check up on their dogs anytime they wish to do so.
In addition to the pet boarding service it offers, some locations also offer services such as grooming, training and branded retail items. This business was founded in the year 2000 and it started offering franchise opportunities three years later. Presently, there are 176 camp bow wow franchises scattered all over the United States.
- Total initial investment involved – $783,500 to $1,485,000
- Royalty fee – 7 percent
2. Bookingcat: this pet boarding franchise is a hotel chain for pets. BookingCat encourages franchisees to open a unique hotel for cats in their city under the brand name BookingCat and become the first who will make millions providing pet services.
Bookingcat was founded in 2017 and started offering franchise opportunities in that same year. Currently, it has only 2 locations.
- Total Initial Investment – $4,530
- Royalty fee – 7 percent.
3. Fetch! Pet care: Fetch! Pet care is one of the largest and most trusted provides of pet boarding and walking services in the United States today. They have highly experienced and well trained professionals who are pet lovers and owners themselves. This business was founded in 2002 and started offering franchise opportunities two years later in 2004. Currently, they have 72 franchise locations under their belt.
- Total Initial Investment – $19,967
- Royalty fee – 7 percent
4. Dogtopia: Dogtopia was established in 2002 and has been franchising since 2005. Presently, there are 69 Dogtopia locations. Dogtopia provides dog daycare, boarding, grooming, and spa services for busy dog owners who need support. Daycare and boarding services focus on training, exercise, and socialization. All caregivers have extensive experience and training for all breeds.
- Total Initial Investment – $606,545
- Royalty fee – 7 percent
5. Hounds Town USA: for about 15 years, Hounds Town USA has managed to provide excellent dog boarding and franchise opportunities. Their boarding environment is natural and offers dogs the chance to run and enjoy themselves. Their unique selling point is that they provide fully interactive doggie daycare in groups that simulate natural packs for dogs.
This optimizes their physical and psychological health and provides the natural structure dogs are unlikely to receive in the home environment. In addition to the day and overnight boarding that it offers, they also offer pet grooming, pet taxi and retail of various pet items, foods, and toys. The initial franchise investment for Hounds Town USA starts at $175,300.
6. Central Bark: this business as founded in by Jackie Jordan and Chris Gaba with an intention of providing bespoke pet care in a clean, safe and enjoyable environment. They set the standard of excellence in canine care that helps dogs become better canine citizens, improve the quality of dogs’ lives and enhance canine/parent relationships.
- Minimum cash requirement – $100,000
7. Wagging Tails: Wagging Tails is a pet boarding business that prides itself with offering a home-like boarding service as an alternative to the traditional pet kennels. This family run business started in the year 2007 and later started offering franchise opportunities in 2010.
Currently, there are 15 wagging tails franchises across the United States and the number is on the increase. With a wagging tail franchise, you can work from the comfort of your home with dogs. This franchise is quite popular with dog lovers who would like to start a pet boarding business from home.
8. Barking Mad: just like wagging tails, barking mad offers pet owners an alternative to kennels. However, unlike Wagging Tails, Barking Mad franchisees meet with dog owners and select a host family that suits the needs of the dog, rather than providing a dog boarding service themselves.
A Barking Mad franchise offers you the freedom and assurance of running your business under a business model that has been tried, tested and proven to work well.
- Total investment – less than $19,600
9. Canine Crèche: this business puts a unique spin on the dog boarding concept with dog hotels made from large industrial units. In a year, up to 20,000 dogs enjoy a day-visit to the crèche and a further 3,600 stay overnight too. Currently, there are only four Canine Crèche centers across the country, but with demand increasing, the franchise is looking for enthusiastic entrepreneurs to bring the dog-sitting business to more locations.
10. Pets are inn: this business provides a place where people who do not want to leave their pets in a kennel or with a neighbor or relative can drop off their pets. The pets are catered for in a thoroughly screened private home.
- Initial Investment – $59,950 to $85,150
- Net-worth Requirement – $250,000
- Liquid Cash – $50,000
- Royalty fee – 10-5%
- Ad Royalty Fee – one percent.
11. Villa la paws: this business has won several awards for its level of service. It is a stress free pet resort and spa that also offers doggie daycare, slumber parties, grooming and boarding services. Villa la paws was founded in 2006 and began offering franchising opportunities seven years later.
- Initial Investment – $219,500 and $497,500
- Initial Franchise Fee – $35,000
- Ongoing Royalty Fee – 6%
- Ad Royalty Fee – 1%
12. Camp run-a-mutt: this award winning dog daycare and boarding franchise features a cageless, indoor and outdoor fun filled environment. When you drop your pet off at camp run-a-mutt, you can make use of their 24/7 mutt cams to keep track of your animal. This business was founded in 2008 and it opened its doors for franchising in 2010.
- Initial Investment – $187,725 to $471,925
- Initial Franchise Fee – $35,000 to $35,000
- Ongoing Royalty Fee – 6%
- Ad Royalty Fee – 1%.
13. D pet hotels: d pet hotels like the name implies is a hotel specifically for pets. The accommodations are lavish with suits that have doggie beds and flat screen TVs. The environment is optimized to enhance safe play of the pets. And in addition, they also offer grooming and spa services. This business was founded in 2008 and only started franchising in 2012.
- Initial Investment – $172,100 to $734,000
- Net-worth Requirement – $600,000
- Liquid Cash Requirement – $150,000
- Ongoing Royalty Fee – 7%.
14. O.G. Hotels: this dog hotel offers Dog daycare, boarding, grooming. It was founded in 2012 an started offering franchise opportunities in 2014.
- Initial Investment – $429,000 and $548,500
- Net-worth Requirement – $1,000,000
- Liquid Cash Requirement – $500,000
- Ongoing Royalty Fee – 7%
- Ad Royalty Fee – 2%
15. In home pet services Inc.: this business offers the services of professional sitters and boarding facilities. In addition, all their pet sitters are insured and bonded.
- Initial Investment – $9,200 – $35,100
- Ongoing royalty fee – 5 percent