Are you about writing a property management business plan? If YES, here is a sample attention grabbing real estate management business plan executive summary, goals, mission and vision statements, product/service description and management structure that will surely attract investors.
- Executive Summary
- Market Analysis
- SWOT Analysis
- Financial Projection
- Marketing Plan
- Marketing ideas & Strategies
A Sample Property Management Business Plan Executive Summary
Hillary Tyson and Co Property Management Company is a licensed property management company that will be based in Atlanta, Georgia, but will operate in all the states in the United States of America. We are in the business of property management to be able to help our clients meet their needs and achieve their goals with little or no stress on their part, because our role is to take the stress off them and deliver to them what they want.
We have been able to build a robust list or landlords and property owners in the whole of the United States and we look forward to helping a larger percentage of them manage their properties in any part of the US.
Hilary Tyson and Co Property Management Company will ensure that every property that is kept within our care is properly managed, because we are in business to deliver excellent services to both landlords and tenants. We have been able to acquire all the relevant trainings and certifications in the field of property management so as to enable us perform excellently well.
Hilary Tyson and Co Property Management Company will strive to minimize the risk of litigation and the risk of damage to rental units and also we have perfected strategies to maximize profits by simply slashing vacancy rates and repair and maintenance costs of all properties under our care.
Much more than renting our properties out to tenants, we intend to build a loyal customer base and part of the plans that we have put in place to realize this is to offer incentives to law abiding tenants under our care. Part of what we intend doing is to offer lower rent for tenants who agree to enter a long – term lease agreements with us and also to create a system where points will be awarded to loyal tenants – a point-based systems for redeemable rewards.
As a property management company, we are going to be both proactive and reactive when dealing with our issues as it relates to our tenants. We are quite aware that most issues can be cleared up easily if addressed immediately, but when they are left to fester they can result in lawsuits, damaged rental properties, and payment defaults et al.
As a property management company, we are going to abide by the Fair Housing Act, which means not singling out one particular demographic group when sourcing for tenants for our properties. We will leverage on all available means to advertise our vacant properties and will not restrict our properties to any group of tenants but to anyone who is qualified and can afford the rent.
Hilary Tyson and Co Property Management Company is owned by Hilary Tyson and his immediate family members (His Wife and Son). The company is fully financed by Hilary Tyson and his son Robert Tyson is the chief operating officer of the company.
Robert Tyson has a degree in Estate Management and his has over 5 years post degree experience in property management prior to taking the role of Chief Operating Officer of Hilary Tyson and Co Property Management Company.
- Our Services
Hilary Tyson and Co Property Management Company is a company that looks forward to deliver excellent services in terms of help landlords and property owners effectively manage their properties and also providing conducive apartments and facility to tenants at an affordable rate. Our business offering are listed below;
- Facilitating a Purchase — guiding a buyer through the process.
- Facilitating a Sale — guiding a seller through the selling process.
- FSBO document preparation — preparing necessary paperwork for “For Sale by Owner” sellers.
- Property Maintenance
- Exchanging property.
- Auctioning property for our clients.
- Preparing contracts and leases.
- List the property for sale to the public
- Provide the seller with a real property condition disclosure (if required by law) and other necessary forms.
- Prepare necessary papers describing the property for advertising, pamphlets, open houses, etc.
- Hold an open house to show the property.
- Serve as a contact available to answer any questions about the property and schedule showing appointments.
- Ensure that tenants are pre-screened and financially qualified to rent / lease the property
- Selling of Fully Furnished Properties
- Selling of Landed Properties
- Property Management Consultancy and Advisory Services
Our Vision Statement
Our Vision is to become the preferred choice of landlords and tenants when it comes to property rentals in the whole of the United States of America.
- Our Mission Statement
We are a company that is established with the aim of helping tenants (people and businesses) get the properties of their choice and to help property owners (landlords and group owners of properties et al) effectively manage and maximize their properties in the United States of America.
- Our Business Structure
Hilary Tyson and Co Property Management Company is going to be structured in a way that every employee will be actively involved in the growth of the organization and employees who have worked for a period of time for the company will part owner of the company.
We intend starting the business with a handful of full time employees and some of the available roles to be handled by contractors but strictly under the supervision of our staff. Adequate provision and competitive packages has been prepared for all our employees. Below is the business structure (Operations) of Hilary Tyson and Co Property Management Company;
- Chief Operating Officer
- Project Manager
- Company’s Lawyer / Secretary
- Admin and HR Manager
- Head of Assets Management
- Head of Acquisition and Disposition
- Business Developer
- Sales and Marketing Firm
- Front Desk Officer
Roles and Responsibilities
Chief Operating Officer:
- Responsible for providing direction for the business
- Creating, communicating, and implementing the organization’s vision, mission, and overall direction – i.e. leading the development and implementation of the overall organization’s strategy.
- Responsible for the day to day running of the business
- Responsible for handling high profile clients and deals
- Responsible for fixing prices and signing business deals
- Responsible for signing checks and documents on behalf of the company
- Evaluates the success of the organization at regular interval
- Responsible for the planning, management and coordinating all projects on behalf of the company
- Supervises projects
- Ensures compliance during project executions
- Provides advice on the management of projects
- Responsible for carrying out risk assessment
- Uses IT systems and software to keep track of people and progress of ongoing projects
- Responsible for overseeing the accounting, costing and billing of every project
- Represents the organization’s interest at various stakeholders meetings
- Ensures that project desired result is achieved, the most efficient resources are utilized and different interests involved are satisfied.
Company’s Lawyer / Secretary / Legal Counsel
- Handles mitigation and remediation regarding any maintenance issues, generally within a budget, with prior or conveyed consent via a Limited Power of Attorney legally agreed to by the property owner.
- Responsible for drawing up contracts and other legal documents for the company
- Consults and handles all corporate legal processes (e.g. intellectual property, mergers & acquisitions, financial / securities offerings, compliance issues, transactions, agreements, lawsuits and patents et al)
- Develops company policy and position on legal issues
- Researches, anticipates and guards company against legal risks
- Represents company in legal proceedings (administrative boards, court trials et al)
- Plays a part in business deals negotiation and take minutes of meetings
- Responsible for analyzing legal documents on behalf of the company
- Prepares annual reports for the company
Admin and HR Manager
- Responsible for overseeing the smooth running of HR and administrative tasks for the organization
- Defines job positions for recruitment and managing interviewing process
- Carries out staff induction for new team members
- Responsible for training, evaluation and assessment of employees
- Responsible for arranging travel, meetings and appointments
- Oversees the smooth running of the daily office activities.
Head of Asset Management
- Oversees the company’s portfolio of real estate assets (which are owned and managed) through acquisitions, dispositions, and day‐to‐day operations, including management of revenue and expense items; works to maximize the portfolio’s performance.
- Provides strategic oversight of existing and potential real estate assets within a designated geographic area.
- Manages business plans and budgets for properties.
- Reviews the condition and maintenance of assigned properties; manages their bookkeeping and cash flow accounting; handles rent reconciliation; prepares property financial reports and annual budget forecasts.
- Identifies, prioritizes, and reaches out to new partners, and business opportunities et al
- Identifies development opportunities; follows up on development leads and contacts; participates in the structuring and financing of projects; assures the completion of development projects.
- Responsible for supervising implementation, advocate for the customer’s needs, and communicate with clients
- Finds and qualifies properties for rent / lease based on company’s property requirements; maintains a property search database; initiates discussions with property owners about the possible management of their property
- Develops, executes and evaluates new plans for expanding increase sales
- Documents all customer contact and information.
- Represents the company in strategic meetings
- Helps increase sales and growth for the company
Sales and Marketing Officer
- Lists the property for rent / lease to the public
- Markets space; finds tenants; participates in lease negotiations.
- Provides property owners with a real property condition disclosure (if required by law) and other necessary forms.
- Prepares necessary papers describing the property for advertising, pamphlets, open houses, etc.
- Holds an open house to show the property.
- Serves as a contact available to answer any questions about the property and schedule showing appointments.
- Ensures that tenants are pre-screened and financially qualified to rent / lease the property.
- Negotiates price on behalf of the property owners (Our Clients).
- Acts as a fiduciary for the landlord, which may include preparing a standard real estate rental contract.
- Leases contracts or accepts rent using legal documents approved for the area in which the property is located.
- Responsible for the full and proper screening or testing of an applicant’s credit, criminal history, rental history and ability to pay his or her rent when due
- Responsible for preparing financial reports, budgets, and financial statements for the organization
- Provides managers with financial analyses, development budgets, and accounting reports; analyzes financial feasibility for the most complex proposed projects; conducts market research to forecast trends and business conditions.
- Responsible for financial forecasting and risks analysis.
- Performs cash management, general ledger accounting, and financial reporting for one or more properties.
- Responsible for developing and managing financial systems and policies
- Responsible for administering payrolls
- Ensures compliance with taxation legislation
- Handles all financial transactions for the company
- Serves as internal auditor for the company
Front Desk / Customer’s Service Officer
- Receives Visitors / clients on behalf of the organization
- Receives parcels / documents for the company
- Handles enquiries via e-mail and phone calls for the organization
- Distribute mails in the organization
- Handles any other duties as assigned my the line manager