Do you want to start a tattoo removal company from scratch? Or you need a sample tattoo removal business plan template? If YES, then i advice you read on.
Tattoos are more than the body designs we knew them for, it is now a fashion mainstream and a popular culture. The tattoo industry is a multi million dollar industry; at least three out of every ten persons you meet now wear tattoos.
The tattoo removal industry is a booming industry because as people are getting new tattoos, many others are booking for tattoo removal sessions due to either regret or because the tattoo has become outdated. You can start out a tattoo removal business and key into the booming market.
The tattoo removal procedure, also known as laser removal, has to do with the use of laser cleaning machine to clean off permanent tattoos and make the skin as good as new. This article will serve as a simple guide to anybody that wants to venture in tattoo removal business.
I will cover sub topics like why you should start a tattoo removal shop, how to start your own shop, how to source for clients for your business and conclude with some tips that will help you run a successfully removal business.
Why You Should Start a Tattoo Removal Business
- Lucrative Market-: I mentioned that the tattoo removal niche is booming and will continue to do so as long as the tattoo fashion continues to trend which we know it will for a long time.
- Highly Profitable-: The tattoo removal business is a highly profitable business. People are so desperate to remove an unwanted tattoo from their body that they don’t mind spending $150 to $500 per session with a tattoo removal specialist and usually, it takes between seven to ten sessions to totally remove a permanent tattoo and make the skin look good as new. That is between $1500 to $5,000 for a complete removal session for each person.
- Low Start Up Cost-: It doesn’t require much capital to set up a tattoo removal shop; you just need a small office space that will contain your receptionist, the waiting room and the treatment room; then the laser treatment machine which is quite expensive will be the item to take up much of your start up capital. Every other thing needed for the treatment is minor thing like antibiotics, and ointments.
- Easy to Start-: Apart from the basic tattoo removal course you will take, you don’t need any other specialized skill to start this business, and anybody can successfully start the business.
Starting a Tattoo Removal Company – Sample Business Plan Template
1. Draw Up a Business Plan-: The first step is to draw up a business plans for your tattoo removal business. Where will your tattoo shop be located, on what scale do you want to start, a big scale or a small scale, how much is the estimate capital you need to start the business, how do you intend advertising your business, will there be plans to expand the business to incorporate other related services in the near future? Your specific answers to these questions should be the basic content of your business.
2. Go for a Tattoo Removal Course-: Tattoo removal is not something you learn by watching a couple of tattoo removal videos on YouTube. You need to register for a course on tattoo removal from a professional, to learn how to carry out the procedure like a professional and how to take care of emergencies as you carry out your treatment procedures. The training institute can issue you certification after you are through with the course; it will increase your client’s trust on your ability to handle the procedure.
3. Get an Office Space-: I mentioned earlier that a typical tattoo removal shop doesn’t have to look big and sophisticated; a simple office space with just 3 rooms is what your need. If you can lease shop in the busy part of the town; where there is much traffic and people it will attract more clients to your business.
4. Buy Equipments-: The most important equipment you will need in this business is the laser removal machine and the machines don’t come cheap. You can be lucky to get it at a discount price if you purchase from popular online stores like Amazon.com or EBay.com. If you have money to purchase more than one laser removal machine, please do. You can lease the second machine to tattoo shops for a pay.
5. Advertise Your Business-: This is where the big job is, in advertising your tattoo removal business. There are other tattoo removal shops in town, why would people come to your own shop to get their tattoo removal procedure? You have to give people reasons to visit your shop and get the removal procedure.
Some of the ways you can advertise your tattoo removal business include:
- Offer Discounts-: You can offer discounts to the first hundred people that will have their tattoo removal procedure in your shop. Many people will refer their friends to patronise your shop to get the discount.
- Share Fliers-: You can print out fliers of your tattoo removal service and share to people around your location, and drop the fliers in public places; you can back it up with word of mouth persuasion.
- Leverage-: You can work in partnership with a popular tattoos shops for them to refer people that request for tattoo removal procedure to your shop; the reciprocate by either paying them for every person they refer that undergo the procedure or you send people looking for where to get a new tattoo to them.
In all, you have to give people the best removal procedure they can get anywhere to make them come back in the future and also refer their friends; remember to maintain maximum neatness and sanitize your treatment room after each session to avoid germs from getting into your client’s body via the procedure. It is also advisable that you get a business liability to cover for every treatment that go wrong; this way, your business will not suffer from huge liability suits.