Do you want to start a gym & fitness business by buying Anytime Fitness franchise? If YES, here is how much it cost to open a Anytime Fitness franchise and their requirement. Anytime Fitness, LLC was founded in 2002 and they started franchising in same year. They have their corporate head office at Woodbury, Minnesota and an estimated 4,080 franchise units in different locations. Anytime fitness is the first franchise on all 7 continents, with over 4,500 territories sold and 4 million members worldwide.
Anytime Fitness offers very affordable franchise and monthly fees. 60percent of their existing franchisees own more than one club because they’ve experienced the success of the Business model. The franchise system consists of fitness centers offering convenient access and one on one, small and large group training. The franchisor also offers the opportunity to open a more limited Anytime Fitness Express center.
The franchisor has developed an access and security system that allows members of an Anytime Fitness center to have access to any Anytime Fitness center 24 hours a day. In limited cases, the franchisor may allow a center to not be accessible 24 hours a day.
How Much It Cost to Open a Anytime Fitness Franchise
Estimated Initial Investment
- Initial Franchise/Development Fee: $3,150 – $42,500
- Travel and Living Expenses While Training: $413 – $2,750
- Real Estate and Improvements: $20,706 – $207,130
- Architect/Design Fees: $1,200 – $9,000
- Fitness Equipment: $16,417 – $116,471
- Technology Solutions (Equipment Package): $3,968 – $36,399
- First Aid Equipment: $210 – $1,400
- Interior Signs: $516 – $3,925
- Outside Signs: $825 – $5,500
- Miscellaneous Opening Costs: $609 – $6,428
- Pre-Sale/Grand Opening Advertising: $1,755 – $17,700
- Insurance: $398 – $2,750
- Supplies and Furniture: $675 – $4,500
- Legal and Accounting Expenses: $500 – $4,500
- Additional Funds – 3 months: $7,528 – $60,484
- ESTIMATED TOTAL: $58,870 – $521,437
Please note that the estimated initial investment range covers from an express center up to a regular center.
Aside from the fees listed above, below are other fees you would need to pay if you are interested in buying this franchise;
- Currently:1-3 centers: $699 per center
- 4-9 centers: $699 per center
- 10+ centers: $649 per center
- $449 per month for Anytime Fitness Express centers.
- The franchisor reserves the right to periodically increase this fee.
- General Advertising Fee: Currently, $600 per month, beginning when franchisees open their center; $300 per month for an Anytime Fitness Express center.
- Grand Opening and Ramp Up Program: $11,000 to $23,000 for an Anytime Fitness center; no minimum for an Anytime Fitness Express center.
Base Technology Fee (formerly, Global Access Fee)
- Currently:1-3 centers: $799 per center
- 4-9 centers: $649 per center
- 10+ centers: $599 per center
- $720 per month for Anytime Fitness Express centers. The franchisor reserves the right to periodically increase this fee
- Construction Document Review Fee: $2,700
- Training Suite Fees – Currently:1-3 centers: $149 per center. 4-9 centers: $109 per center. 10+ centers: $109 per center. for the first 9 centers, and $0 for each additional center thereafter. The franchisor reserves the right to periodically increase this fee; however, the franchisor will not increase this fee to more than $300 per center per month.
- Training Suite Registration Fee: Currently, $250 per person.
- On-Site Training Suite Registration Fee: $6,000 for one owner, with up to a total of 21 attendees. $4,500 per owner for two owners, with up to a total of 21 attendees. $3,500 per owner for three owners, with up to a total of 21 attendees.
- On-Site Training Cancellation Fees: The then-current fee, which may vary based upon the type of scheduled training and how far in advance the franchisee cancels the training.
- No Show Fees Currently, $500, or the actual costs of rescheduling travel, whichever is greater.
- Healthy Contributions Reimbursement Program – Initial Fees: Currently, no cost for set-up of the first Reimbursement Program, and $20 for each additional Reimbursement Program. Also, currently, $1.50 initial member fee for each member the franchisee enrolls on the Healthy Contributions website, and $3 for each member enrolled by Healthy Contributions.
- Healthy Contributions Reimbursement Program – Ongoing Fees: Currently $5 per Reimbursement Program per month, and a transaction fee of $0.15 per reimbursement if sent directly to the member or to the franchisee and $0.30 if the franchisee applies it to the member’s fees.
- Charitable Contribution: $100 per month.
- Inspection Fee Generally: $50-$100
- Peer Compliance Default Fee: Up to $1,000 per violation.
- Standard Default Fee: Up to $250 per violation.
- Additional Assistance: Currently, $500 per day plus travel costs.
- Marketing Materials: Variable, but currently at the franchisor’s cost plus shipping.
- Conference Fee: Currently, $439 for early registration increasing to $659 at the Conference.
- Participation Fee: Up to $1,200 for each year the franchisee fails to complete 1,200 continuing education credits (CEC), as outlined in the Operations Manual.
- Customer Service Webinar: Currently, $250
- Renewal Fee: $4,500, reduced to $4,000 if the franchisor receives the fee, and all the franchisee’s signed renewal documents, at least 30 days before the franchise expires.
- Transfer Fee: $7,500 – $12,000
- Relocation Fee: $1,500
- Liquidated Damages: $10,000
- Insurance/Bond Handling Fees: Currently, $100
- Costs and Attorneys’ Fees: Will vary under circumstances.
- Interest: The lesser of 1.5percent per month or the maximum rate allowable by applicable law.
- Indemnification: Will vary under circumstances.
- Re-sale Assistance Program: $549, plus $79 per month until the business is sold or the franchisee decides to terminate his or her participation in the program. The franchisee also pays a commission of up to 5percent of the sale price, depending on the amount of the sale price.
- Lease Renegotiation Program: 5percent of any lease savings the franchisor achieves for the franchisee.
- Club Enhancement Program: $500 per month.
- Digital Marketing Program: Currently, fees are the actual costs of media purchases, subject to a minimum of $350 per month plus an administrative charge of 20percent, plus an initial set up fee, currently, $300. A three-month initial commitment is required.
- Local Marketing Spend: $600, $800 or $1,000 per month, depending on the franchisee’s market tier; no minimum for an Anytime Fitness Express center.
Steps on How to Get or Open Anytime Fitness Franchise
Although acquiring an Anytime Fitness franchise requires a relatively large initial investment, the amount of profit that you can bring in on a regular basis can make it worth your while. Once you’ve determined from the information above that you can meet the minimum financial requirements to become a franchisee, you should go and complete the request information form on the company’s website and submit to Anytime Fitness. Anytime Fitness will then contact you.
1. Once it has been determined that you meet the financial requirements and the area in which you wish to develop is available, you will then be considered as an applicant. You will be contacted by a member of the company’s New Business Development Team who will help guide you through the remainder of the process.
2. Once a member of the New Business Development Team has contacted you and approved you to move forward in the franchising process, you will need to complete the following items (it is not necessary to complete the following items until you have been approved to move forward). Completing the required steps does not guarantee acceptance into the Anytime Fitness, LLC franchising system.
- Company & Personal Financial Statements, Store Income Statements—(P&L) (Latest Annual & Interim)
- Business Operating Plan, Resume/Brief Biography
3. Before the company enters into a Development Agreement with you, they may be required to complete certain registration and disclosure processes as required by the governing authorities in your area of interest.
- 8 Best Profitable Mobile Ice Cream Truck Franchises for 2022 - April 19, 2021
- How Much Does It Cost to Open Guard a Kid Franchise? - April 19, 2021
- 50 Best Franchise Opportunities for Sale Under $200k - March 24, 2021