If you are looking towards opening a Pillars to Post Inspections Franchise, it will be nice for you to have a preview of what the company represents before going ahead to enquire about the total cost of opening the franchise in your location.
Pillars to Post Inspections was founded in 1994 and they began franchising in 1994, about 26 years ago. Dan Steward is the President and CEO of the company and they have their corporate head office at 14502 N. Dale Mabry Hwy., #200 Tampa, FL 33618, USA. As of 2018, Pillars to Post Inspections owns and operates 550 franchises in the United States.
Pillars to Post Inspections is North America’s largest and fastest-growing professional home inspection franchise. Pillar To Post Home Inspectors is the largest, and fastest-growing home inspection company in North America. You can benefit from the lowest franchise fee and initial investment in the industry.
Pillars to Post Inspections provide industry leading training and startup programs that get franchisees trained, licensed and making money sooner. Pillars to Post Inspections have proven national and local marketing programs to drive business and book inspections. Here are areas where you are expected to spend money and the cost associated with it;
Financial Investment Required to Open Pillars to Post Inspections Franchise
- Initial Investment: $41,195 – $50,995
- Liquid Cash Requirement: $10,000
- Ongoing Initial Franchise Fee: $24,500 – $24,500
- Ongoing Royalty Fee: 7 percent
- Cash Required: $30,000
- Total Investment: $32,100
- Ad Royalty Fee: 4 percent
1. Initial Franchise Fee: $35,900 to $45,900 for Tier 1 exclusive territory
$29,900 for Tier 2 exclusive territory; $19,900 for Tier 3 exclusive territory. Please note that you must pay Pillar to Post the initial franchise fee when the Franchise Agreement is signed.
The amount of the initial franchise fee for an individual franchise in a Tier 1 exclusive territory is between $35,900 and $45,900. The amount of the initial franchise fee for an individual franchise in a Tier 2 exclusive territory is $29,900. The amount of the initial franchise fee for an individual franchise in a Tier 3 exclusive territory is $19,900.
Exclusive Territories are classified as Tier 1, Tier 2, or Tier 3 based on a combination of demographic factors that include housing units, housing re-sale activity, real estate offices, and population. Please note that the initial franchise fee is not refundable in whole or in part.
Included in the initial franchise fee is the cost of initial training, 1 inspection tablet computer, access to certain Pillar To Post proprietary manuals and computer software, and the registration fee for attendance at Pillar to Post’s annual convention during your first year. Hotel accommodations, meals, and instruction materials provided at the initial training are also included.
2. Royalty: 7 percent of Gross Revenues; minimum monthly payment of $280 per month
The Due Date for this fee is Monthly Royalty Fee payments due on the 10th day of the next month for the previous month’s revenues. Please note that Gross Revenues include all revenue from the franchised business, excluding sales or use tax.
Brand: The fee is up to 4 percent of Gross Revenues
Minimum monthly payment of $160 per month and minimum yearly payment of up to 4 percent of minimum Gross Revenues required by Franchise Agreement and the Due Date for this fee is Same as Royalty Fee. Please note that the Brand Fee is currently 4 percent of Gross Revenues.
- IT Fee: The current IT Fee is $3 for every home inspection performed and the Due Date ofr IT Fee payments due on the 10th day of the next month for home inspections performed in the previous month.
Please note that Pillar to Post may increase the IT Fee upon 90 days’ notice to you in the event the costs owed to third parties incurred by Pillar to Post in connection with providing such software are increased or when Pillar to Post determines that maintenance, repair, or upgrade is required. In no event will the IT fee be adjusted more than one time in any calendar year.
- Inspection Numbers and Binders: The current cost of each Inspection Number and Binder is $25 and the Due Date for this fee is Purchased as needed, typically 20 at a time. Invoiced as purchased.
Please note that that the inspection numbers are purchased from and assigned by Pillar to Post.
The cost of the inspection number includes the presentation binder that will be delivered through the designated supplier. You will be required to pay shipping and handling to the designated supplier to receive the binders.
Pillar to Post may increase the cost of each inspection number and binder upon 90 days’ notice to you in the event the costs incurred by Pillar to Post are increased.
- EZ Book Connections: The current user fee for EZBook Connections is $35 per inspection booked and the Due Date for the user fee for EZBook Connections is due on the 10th day of the next month for services provided in the previous month.
EZBook Connections provides telephone answering and inspection booking services.
Please note that Pillar to Post may change or increase the user fee for these services upon 90 days’ notice to you in the event the costs incurred by Pillar to Post are increased.
- Brand Conference: The registration fee for Brand Conference is typically between $650 and $850. The registration fee for the 2019 Brand Conference was $850.
The Due Date for the registration fee for Brand Conference is determined each January for the Brand Conference scheduled the following January. The registration fee is paid in 12 monthly installments from January through December each year.
Please note that you are required to attend Pillar to Post’s Brand Conference, which is held annually at a location Pillar to Post chooses. The amount of the registration fee is set annually based on costs and location.
The registration fee for your attendance at Brand Conference during your first year is included in the initial franchise fee.
- Transfer: $4,000 and the Due Date for this fee is Due prior to consummation of transfer.
Please note that this fee is payable when franchise is transferred.
- Renewal: $2,500 and the Due Date for this fee is Due 1 year to 6 months prior to renewal.
Please note that you are required to pay an administrative fee upon renewal after the first 5-year term and each 5 – year term thereafter.
- Audit: Cost of audit, plus underpayment, plus interest of 18 percent on underpayment and the Due Date for this fee is Due 30 days after billing.
Please note that the cost of audit payable only if audit shows underpayment of at least 2 percent of Gross Revenues for any month.
- Transfer to Entity Wholly Owned by Franchisee: $1,000 and the Due Date for this fee is Due prior to consummation of transfer.
Please note that this fee is payable upon execution of transfer documents unless assignment occurs within 6 months of execution of the Franchise Agreement.
- Miscellaneous Software: $250 to $850 and the Due Date for Licensing costs due as needed for Microsoft Office, antivirus software, other software licenses, and any maintenance, repairs, or upgrades that are required.
- Lab and Added Service Fees: This fee varies but the Due Date is Due upon receipt of added services from approved suppliers.
Please note that these fees are paid directly to approved supplier for any added services included with home inspection services provided.
- Interest on Late Payments: 18 percent per annum calculated daily, or maximum rate permitted by law and the Due Date for this fee is Due immediately.
Please note that this interest rate applies to any money you owe Pillar to Post after the due date.
- Attorneys’ Fees and Other Costs: Will vary under circumstances and the Due Date for this fee is Please note that Due as incurred.
Please note that this fee is Payable if you fail to comply with the Franchise Agreement or if Pillar to Post is joined in a lawsuit based on your operation of the franchise.
- Indemnification: This fee will vary under circumstances and the Due Date for this fee is Due as incurred.
Please note that you must reimburse Pillar to Post for its losses and expenses as a result of third-party claims arising from your failures or breaches under the Franchise Agreement, your operation of the franchise, and any other unauthorized acts.
- Veteran Incentives: 20 percent off franchise fee
- Term of Agreement and Renewal: The length of the initial franchise term is 10 years. If requirements are met, franchisees can renew for one additional term of 10 years.
- Financial Assistance: Pillar To Post Home Inspectors offers in-house financing to cover the following: franchise fee. So also, Pillar To Post Home Inspectors has relationships with third-party sources which offer financing to cover the following: startup costs, and equipment et al.
- 8 Best Profitable Mobile Ice Cream Truck Franchises for 2021 - April 19, 2021
- How Much Does It Cost to Open Guard a Kid Franchise? - April 19, 2021
- 50 Best Franchise Opportunities for Sale Under $200k - March 24, 2021