Do you want to open a pet waste removal business by buying Poop 911 franchise? If YES, here is how much it cost to open Poop 911 franchise successfully. If you are looking towards opening a POOP 911 Franchise, it will be nice for you to have a preview of what the company represents before going ahead to make enquiries about the total cost of opening the franchise in your location.
POOP 911 was founded in 2009 and they began franchising in 2012, about 8 years ago. The current CEO of the company is Bill Kelley and the company has her corporate head office in Fort Worth, Texas – USA. As of the 2016 Franchise Disclosure Document, there are 60 franchised Poop 911 locations in the United States of America. Poop 911 has franchise locations in 25 states. The largest region is the West with 17 franchise locations.
The Poop 911 franchise operates as a pet waste removal service business. Bill Kelley, POOP 911 Fort Worth, TX franchise owner, remembers a dog poop scoop job at a home that motivated him to work hard. Driving up to a stately home with a quarter mile driveway to a large single home estate reminded him that dreams come true. This home was an example of a private large family estate with over 26 air conditioners, several large patios, acres of grass and a new-found motivation for his future.
It was that day he remembers thinking to himself that if he and his wife put in the hard work, one day, they could have a family estate just like this one. On the flip side, his wife Lauren, who is co-owner of POOP 911 Fort Worth, chuckles remembering the day she hauled away over 32 trash bags of dog poop from one of their customer’s office.
Bill immediately saw the benefits and the potential growth of the dog poop clean up business when he was a technician hired by a local POOP 911 franchise. People warned Lauren and him of the risks of signing on with a franchise, but the perks of owning a franchise, especially a POOP 911 franchise, outweighed the risks.
In March 2013, Bill and Lauren Kelley decided to take the step from pet waste technician into small family run business ownership. Every franchise is unique and comes with various benefits including brand recognition, corporate support in everyday activities, independent work and more.
There are also some disadvantages to some franchises such as restrictive franchise agreements and territory boundaries. If you’ve ever thought of owning your own business, consider a POOP 911 franchise. POOP 911’s franchise benefits will astound you. Here are areas where you are expected to spend money and the cost associated with it;
Financial Investment Required to Open a Poop 911 Franchise
1. Initial Investment Range: $3,620 to $25,970
2. Franchise Fee: $0
3. Royalty Fee: 20 percent of Gross Sales
And the Due Date for this fee is Paid by electronic funds transfer every Friday for the preceding Reporting Period. The amount of the Royalty Fee for any renewal term will be that provided in the Franchise Agreement executed for such renewal term.
Please note that “Gross Revenues” include all revenues generated from the provision of any and all services and/or the sale of any and all products and, whether by the franchisee or a third-party provider, that relate to or arise from the Franchised Business. It does not include taxes collected from customers.
- Local Advertising Spend, Local Marketing Fund, or Cooperative Advertising Contribution: At least 1 percent per calendar year and the Due Date: for this is Monthly.
Please note that each local advertising Cooperative may elect to increase the monthly contribution if approved by a two-thirds majority of the members, and the minimum contribution is subject to adjustment by an amount not to exceed the increase in the CPI.
Centers owned by POOP 911 and its affiliates are also members of their respective local Cooperative and each company-owned Center has the same voting rights as the franchised locations within the Cooperative. If the company-owned Centers comprise the majority of a given Cooperative, the maximum and minimum fees for that Cooperative will be consistent with the range stated in this Item 6.
- Liquidated Damages Under Area Development Agreement: This fee varies but the Due Date is Payable within 30 days of the termination of the Development Agreement.
- Audit Costs: All costs and expenses associated with the audit, reasonable accounting and legal costs.
- Indemnity: This fee will vary under the circumstances and the Due Date is As incurred.
Please note that you must reimburse POOP 911 if it is held liable for claims arising out of your franchise operations.
- Insurance: Reimbursement of costs the franchisor’s out-of-pocket costs.
- Equipment, Supply, or Supplier Testing or Inspecting: Fee not to exceed the actual costs of inspecting and testing. (Due Date: Due on receipt of invoice.)
Please note that This fee covers the cost of testing or inspecting equipment, supplies, or suppliers you propose.
- POS Hardware and Software: Depends upon vendor and products purchased. (Due Date: Depends upon vendor and products purchased.)
- Attorneys’ Fees and Costs: Will vary under circumstances. (Due Date: As incurred.)
Payable to POOP 911 if it is forced to retain independent counsel and seek damages or injunctive relief to enforce the Franchise Agreement (whether or not suit is filed) or if POOP 911 is required to defend your unsuccessful claim against it.
- Veteran Incentives: This is open for negotiation with the company.
- Term of Agreement and Renewal: The length of the initial franchise term is 10 years. If requirements are met, franchisees can renew for one additional term of 5 years.
- Financial Assistance: POOP 911 has relationships with third-party sources which offer financing to cover the following: franchise fee, startup costs, equipment, inventory, accounts receivable, and payroll et al.
- Initial Franchise Fee: $0
- Total Investment: $3,620 to $25,970
- Working Capital: $1,250 to $2,500
- Royalty Fee: 20.0%
- Ad Royalty Fee: 1.0%
- 8 Best Profitable Mobile Ice Cream Truck Franchises for 2022 - April 19, 2021
- How Much Does It Cost to Open Guard a Kid Franchise? - April 19, 2021
- 50 Best Franchise Opportunities for Sale Under $200k - March 24, 2021