Do you want to start a Thomas cleaning franchise and want to know the fees, agreement, details? If YES, here’s how much it will cost to buy a Thomas Cleaning franchise for sale.
One of the most off-putting things about having a house is cleaning it (at least for some people). Returning home after a long day of work and being faced with a disorderly apartment is a stress enhancer; and what about being faced with house cleaning over the weekend when you would rather be making the most of your time away from work? Well, this is where the cleaning industry comes in.
If you are such a person that is quite comfortable with scrubbing, shining, polishing and cleaning, then you may have to decide to make a mark for yourself in the cleaning industry. Good enough, starting a cleaning business is not capital intensive as you only need your cleaning equipment, chemicals, supplies, and maybe insurance to get started. If you decide to buy a commercial cleaning franchise, then most of those technicalities would be handled for you, making it so much easier for you to start and run your business.
If you are interested in being part of this highly profitable industry in the united kingdom by acquiring a commercial cleaning franchise, then maybe you should consider acquiring the very lucrative Thomas Cleaning franchise.
Cost of Buying a Thomas Cleaning Franchise for Sale – A Complete Guide
Thomas cleaning franchise is basically free in order to encourage it franchisees. How it works is that the franchisees are required to deposit 5,000 pounds to the company, but this amount is refunded at the end of 5 year. The company refunds 1,000 pounds at the end of each year till the whole amount is refunded.
What You Get When You Acquire a Thomas Cleaning Franchise
- Your website: the company gives its franchisees their very own website. This website is well optimized so that it appears in the first page in any Google related search.
- Software: the franchisees are also given an iPad with the Thomas cleaning software pre-installed in it.
- Vehicle wraps: the franchisees also get a free Thomas Cleaning vinyl vehicle wrap for their car, so as to reflect uniformity in the industry.
- Training: the intending franchisees are given free training. The training is a comprehensive 5-day course, and it happens both on the job and off the job in a training center.
- Startup materials: the company equally provides all the materials needed to get the franchisee started on his or her business.
- Support: the franchisee is given back to back support during his franchise duration to prevent mistakes and business failure. This support comes mostly inform of advice and directions from Richard Thomas himself.
- Protected territory: Thomas cleaning makes it a priority that all its franchisees get a protected territory to run their business. This territory always has a minimum of 90,000 households. This is done in order to minimize inordinate competition among franchisees, and to allow each franchisee to compete favourably in the cleaning industry.
A Thomas Cleaning franchisee is estimated to earn about £5 million in five years. In the first year, he or she is expected to achieve 120,000 pounds turnover, and in the second year, the turnover is expected to climb to 250,000 pounds. This speculation was based on the review of earnings of other franchisees. The breakdown is as follows;
- First year – £120,000
- Second year – £250,000
- Third year – £350,000
- Fifth year – £5 million
Buying a Thomas Cleaning Franchise – Fees and Costs
- Franchise fee – £5,000
- Minimum Investment – £14,995
Equipment Needed to Startup your Thomas Cleaning Franchise
The following equipment are what you would need to start up your cleaning business.
- Vacuum cleaner with attachments
- White cloth rags
- Paper Towels
- Toilet brush
- Toilet Bowl Cleaner
- Dust pan & brush
- Dry mop
- Wet mop & bucket
- Latex gloves
- Wet floor signs
- Extension cord
- Window cleaner
- Disinfectant cleaner
- Bathroom cleaner
- Furniture polish
- Soft Scrub product for sinks
- SOS pads
- Feather duster
- High duster
- Caddy with handle to keep your supplies in
Their cleaning prices start from £11.50 per hour, and the company centers their cleaning services on the budgetary and cleaning requirements of their clients. Thomas Cleaning provides everything from a daily clean, a weekly, fortnightly clean, after party clean, and all the way to a one-off spring clean.
Their cleaning contracts are not made to be rigid either as a client can choose to have his or her ironing and laundry done one day instead of a complete clean, or vice versa.
Marketing is one of the perks of owning a Thomas Cleaning franchise as the company takes up all the marketing responsibilities for the new company, thereby allowing them more time to run their business.
A Thomas Cleaning business does not require separate location as it is a business that can be run comfortably from a home office. This perk helps to reduce the overhead cost of starting the company’s franchise.
Personal Traits Required from a Thomas Cleaning Franchisee
- Hardworking: anyone intending to join the Thomas Cleaning company must be a hard worker. This fact is not negotiable for the company because it prides itself on providing excellent services at all times, and any franchisee that provides anything less risks tainting the image of the company, which would in turn affect other franchisees negatively. Research has discovered that the cleaning industry is very dicey. Clients can easily abandon a cleaning company at the slightest mistake if they receive a shoddy service, regardless of all the other times the company performed excellently.
- Be your own boss: an intending Thomas Cleaning franchisee must have a desire to work for him or herself. He must have the desire to run a business as well as the ability to take it to profitability.
- Good communication skills: an intending franchisee should be able to communicate efficiently with his or her customers.
- Be a team builder: the person must have the ability to work as a team, as well as be able to coordinate his or her workers.
A Brief History of Thomas Cleaning
- Founder – Richard Thomas
- Year of inception – 1989
- Year of franchise – 2011
- Headquarters – United Kingdom
Richard Thomas is the founder of Thomas cleaning, a reputable private cleaning company in the United Kingdom. Thomas started his cleaning company in 1989 and it is a 28 year old industry. Being a fledgling enterprise as at then, Thomas started small by taking up home cleaning services. After running this niche for a few years, he gradually reached forth into the commercial cleaning industry, and from then on to sourcing for government cleaning contracts.
Today, Thomas Cleaning carries out a wide range services from upholstery cleaning to pre-tenancy and to tenancy cleaning. One of the company’s mantra includes, ‘you name it, we clean it.’
Thomas came about the idea of franchising his business when he thought of how to empower his staff and give them access to greater financial opportunity and gains. This was exactly what he did in 2011, as he allowed his staff and some members of the public to operate their business under the Thomas Cleaning name.
During franchise negotiations, intending franchisees get to negotiate terms and conditions with Thomas himself. He made it this way because he is quite passionate about his business, and would prefer to handle all the franchise nitty-gritties by himself to avoid undue errors and complaints.
Thomas Cleaning teams clean more than 300 homes in a day, and all these includes schools, surgeries, offices, holiday homes, government properties, residential homes, even to ironing and a lot of other services. Their key selling point is that they provide professional and reliable cleaning services to locals. The company staff are all insured against damages to public and private properties, and they are well trained and adequately supervised.
- 8 Best Profitable Mobile Ice Cream Truck Franchises for 2021 - April 19, 2021
- How Much Does It Cost to Open Guard a Kid Franchise? - April 19, 2021
- 50 Best Franchise Opportunities for Sale Under $200k - March 24, 2021