Do you want to know exactly how much it cost to start a landscaping business? If YES, here is a detailed cost analysis for starting a landscaping business and raising finance.
Having provided you with a:
- Landscaping Industry Overview
- Market Research and Feasibility
- Landscaping Business Plan
- Landscaping Service Marketing Plan
- Landscaping Business Name ideas
- Landscaping Business Licenses and Permits
- Cost of Starting a Landscaping Business
- Landscaping Company Marketing ideas
The cost of starting a lawn care and landscaping business is almost fixed simply because the prices of the basic equipment needed for the business is almost same and fixed no matter the part of the world that you want to buy it from.
The start – up capital for landscape and lawn care business can be as low as the owner of the business wants it to be. This is so because the average owner of a neighborhood landscape and lawn care business operates from home thereby eliminating the cost of paying rent for an office space.
How Much Does It Cost to Start a Landscape Business?
Basically, you would need to tick most of the item listed below if you want to launch your own landscape and lawn care business in the United States of America;
- The Total Fee for incorporating the Business in America: $750.
- The budget for Liability insurance, permits and license: $1,500
- The Amount needed to acquire a small Office facility with space for storage of working tools and equipment for 6 months (Re – Construction of the facility inclusive): $30,000.
- The Cost for equipping the office (computers, printers, fax machines, furniture, telephones, filing cabins, safety gadgets and electronics et al): $3,000
- The cost for acquiring the required working tools and equipment (walk-behind mower, a back pack blower, an edger, a weed eater and hand tools): $10,000
- The Cost of Launching our official Website: $600
- Additional Expenditure (Business cards, Signage, Adverts and Promotions et al): $1,000
Going by the report from detailed research and feasibility studies, you will need an average of $50,000 to start a small scale landscape and lawn care business in the United States of America.
If you want to start a medium scale landscape and lawn care business in the United States, you would need nothing less than $100,000. And if your intention is to start a large scale landscape and lawn care business in the United States of America, then you should look towards generating well over $200,000 as your start – up capital.
Financing your Landscaping Business
No matter how fantastic your business idea might be, if you don’t have the required money to finance the business, the business might not become a reality. Finance is a very important factor when it comes to starting a business. No doubt raising start – up capital for a business might not come cheap, but it is a task that an entrepreneur must go through.
The first thing to put in place before sourcing for start – up capital for your business is to draft a detailed business plan. With a good business plan, you can easily convince investors to invest in your business. The truth is that no bank can give you a loan if you don’t have a good and workable business plan.
Besides, investors will not take you seriously if you don’t have a business plan on ground before launching out to source for start – up capital to finance your business idea. There are several options when it comes to raising money to finance a start – up business. Some of the options are;
- Raising money from personal savings and sale of personal stocks and properties
- Raising money from investors and business partners
- Applying for loan from bank
- Pitching your business idea and applying for business grants and seed funding from donor organizations and angel investors
- Sourcing for soft loans from family members and friends.