Are you about writing a business plan to start a business? If YES, here are 1000+ sample business plans & templates for startups based on industry and sector that you can download FREE.
We understand the fact that writing a business plan from scratch can be a herculean task and hiring a business plan consultant to prepare a business plan is a NO-NO as most startups are usually operating on a shoestring budget. This is the sole reason we created these FREE sample business plan templates categorized as follows:
- Business Plans for Investor Programs
- Sample Business Plans Based on Industry
Business Plans for Investor Visa Programs
a. EB-5 Visa Business Plan – The Employment Based Immigration Fifth Preference, more commonly known as EB-5, is a United States immigration visa and green card program which can lead to citizenship. The program was designed to grant entrepreneurs or investors, their spouses, and unmarried children under the age of 21 the opportunity to travel in and out of, reside in, attend schools, and work in the United States.
b. H1B Visa Business Plan – The H-1B is a visa in the United States under the Immigration and Nationality Act, section 101(a)(15)(H) that allows U.S. employers to temporarily employ foreign workers in specialty occupations. A specialty occupation requires the application of specialized knowledge and a bachelor’s degree or the equivalent of work experience. The duration of stay is three years, extendable to six years; after which the visa holder may need to reapply.
c. UK Tier 1 Entrepreneur Visa Business Plan – A UK entrepreneur visa – also referred to as a tier 1 visa – is given to business people who wish to enter the UK to start a new enterprise or to invest in a current one. The UK remains an attractive option for ambitious entrepreneurs looking to start or expand their business opportunities overseas.
d. E2 Visa Business Plan – An E-2 Investor Visa is one that allows an individual to enter and work inside of the United States based on an investment he or she will be controlling while inside the United States. The E2 visa is usually valid for three months to five years and can be extended indefinitely if the holder wishes.
1000+ FREE Sample Business Plans & Templates Based on Industry
1. Agriculture Business Plans – There are several business ideas and opportunities readily available in the agricultural industry and one interesting fact about the industry is that there is market for all the produce which the industry churns out. From crop cultivation, to livestock farming, agro-processing and agro-allied services, this section has got you covered.
2. Arts and Crafts Business Plans – Well, truth is that the arts and crafts industry sure is a promising one and there is no hard and fast rule about knowing the type of arts and crafts business that can cause your profit to rise. In this section, we provide profitable arts and crafts business plans worth starting.
3. Automotive Business Plans – The business opportunities available in the automotive industry ranges from low start – up capital to capital intensive businesses. If you are in love with the automotive industry and are looking to start something in this line, then you may want to look at the business plans in this section.
4. B2B Business Plans – B2B stands for business to business involves the activities of serving other businesses rather final consumers. Starting a B2B business has its own advantages such large transactions occur between businesses and it is much easier to understand the need of business buyers compared to consumer buyers. In this section, we cover profitable B2B business plans you can use to start your business today and succeed.
5. B2C Business Plans – As a matter of fact, it is easier for an aspiring entrepreneur who is interested in starting a business to go ahead and start a service related business; that is if they know they don’t have the start – up capital to launch a product based business. All you would need to start a B2C business is a business skill, determination, desire to create wealth and the business plans we will share in this section.
6. Beauty Care Business Plans – If you think that you have a passion for the beauty trade, and are looking to start one or more beauty related businesses, but do not know how to go about it, then you may want to consider any of the business plans to be reeled out in this section.
7. Chemical Business Plans – The chemical industry is responsible for the expansion and tremendous growth that is being experienced in the agriculture industry, the health industry, the food processing industry and other similar industries that relies on chemicals. In this section, we provide you with sample business plans on small, medium and large scale businesses in the chemical industry.
8. Construction and Engineering Business Plans – The construction industry can comfortably boast to be responsible for the infrastructural development of the world; the development of any country or city is the handiwork of construction companies and other stake holders.
Despite the fact that the construction industry requires huge start – up capital, the industry is highly profitable. This section covers profitable sample business plans and templates for the construction and engineering industry.
9. Consulting Business Plans – While consulting is a service based business, it basically has its tentacles in all industry and sphere of life. What this means is that there is a consulting opportunity for every industry, business or productive activity in life; from business management and health to sports, animal and food. In fact, any walk of life your brain can think of, i am sure there is a consultant for that field.
10. Education Business Plans – Governments of most countries in the bid to advance their country ensure that they invest massively in the education sector and also encourage private investors to invest in the education sector. The business opportunities in the education industry is massive and any entrepreneur who is serious about making money can leverage on the opportunities available in the industry.
11. Entertainment Business Plans – The Entertainment Industry is one that all over the world has become a multi-billion dollar industry. An economy like that of the USA enjoys a lot of dividends in its GDP because of how big entertainment is in that country, particularly Hollywood, which is the number one movie industry in the world. This section explores 100+ sample business plans in the entertainment industry.
12. Fashion and Style Business Plans – The fashion industry is indeed a rapidly changing industry; fashion trend will always come and go at different season.
The bottom line is that successful fashion designers have a thorough grasp of the market and they know how to meet their needs or cajole them to accept what they have to offer; they are always creative and flexible. This section provides you with business plan templates you can use to exploit the fashion industry for profit.
13. Financial Services Business Plans – No doubt the financial services industry in the United States of America and in most parts of the world is highly regulated, so as to guide against fraudulent practices from financial experts. This section offers you business plan templates you can use to start a successful business in the financial services industry.
14. Food Business Plans – Food business is perhaps one of the businesses that an entrepreneur can start and grow to profitability within a short period of time. In this section, we share several sample food business plans you can start your business with low investment and scale up.
15. Green and Eco-friendly Business Plans – As a matter of detail, aspiring entrepreneurs are encouraged to go green when it comes to choosing a business idea to pursue. There are certain low cost yet lucrative green business ideas that attracts grants and support from stakeholders in the industry. This section offers you sample business plans & template to help you pursue your green startup idea.
16. Healthcare Business Plans – The healthcare industry covers medicine (medical practices), pharmacy (drug manufacturing et al), medical equipment manufacturing and research institutes, amongst others. In this section, we will be analyzing and providing small, medium and large scale business plan templates for the healthcare sector.
17. Import and Export Business Plans – It is a known fact that no country in the world is self sufficient; thus, there will always be opportunities to make money by importing and exporting goods. This section will explore various sample business plans for the import and export industry to give you an idea what it takes to succeed in the industry.
18. Manufacturing Business Plans – As a matter of fact, almost all the industries in the world rely on the manufacturing industry so as to effectively function. For example; the medical and health industry depends on the manufacturing industry to manufacture most of their equipment, tools and supplies that they need to function.
If you are considering going into the manufacturing industry, you have the option of starting on a small scale (production of components, homemade supplies, et al). This section will help you with sample manufacturing business plans and production plants templates you can use to start and expand your business.
19. Marketing and Advertising Business Plans – The advertising landscape is evolving; and with this change comes a lot of opportunity gaps. In this section, we offer in-depth sample business plans for the marketing and advertising industry.
20. Media Based Business Plans – The media landscape is evolving; and with this change comes a lot of opportunity gaps. We now have old and new media channels; with each being a multi-billion dollar industry. In this section, we offer detailed business plan templates for the ever expanding media industry.
More Sample Business Plans & Templates Based on Industry
21. Mining Business Plans – The mining industry has existed since time immemorial and has created multi-millionaires and billionaires. Is the industry not outdated? The answer is NO. There’s still lots of money to be made if you can find a niche and fill it. This section provides you with detailed sample business plans that will help you execute your idea in the mining industry.
22. Non-Profit Business Plans – Are you passionate about launching an enterprise that will positively impact the society? Do you have a social project you hold dear to heart and you want to raise money to execute it? If YES, then this section offers you detailed sample non-profit business plan templates you can download for FREE.
23. Oil and Gas Business Plans – The amount of money required in investing in the oil and gas industry is not the kind of money that can easily be raised. It requires loads of money to become a major player in the oil and gas industry that is why as an accredited investor, you should consider investing in this industry if you don’t have an investment portfolio in this industry.
You could invest in oil exploration and production, oil servicing and liquefied gas et al. The return on investment in this industry seems to be one of the highest compared to other industry.
24. Online Based Startups Based Business Plans – It is pertinent to note that the potential of the internet has not been fully tapped and there are loads of business opportunities locked on the internet. All you need do as an aspiring entrepreneur is to research the internet and you will be amazed at the business opportunities that are there waiting to exploited. This section will save you the time and stress of researching and writing a business plan from scratch.
25. Pet Business Plans – If you are a lover of pets then you may want to consider making some money with your passion. This means that you do not only have to stop at keeping pets around you, you can also profit from it. In this section, we will highlight excellent business sample business plans for the pet industry.
26. Real Estate Business Plans – The real estate industry is one of the many industries that is a major contributor to the growth of the economy of many nations of the world. As a matter of fact, a real estate agent can become a millionaire ‘overnight’ from just one real estate deal. However, real estate agency is just one of the many business plan templates for the real estate sector that we will explore deeply in this section.
27. Security Business Plans – One sweet fact about the service industry is that you don’t need to have huge capital to jump in. In fact, it is one of the industries you can practically venture into without money and still rake in tons of profit. This section will provide you well drafted business plans for the security industry.
28. Sports Business Plans – There are several business opportunities in the sports industry; if you are determined to make money from this industry all you need to do is to choose a niche in the industry, and then build your business along the niche or area of specialization.
In this section, we will dig into several sample business plans for the sports industry. Then you can have the option of choosing from any of the listed business plans ranging from sports promotions and advertisement to owning a sports club. The bottom line is that you can make money from rendering sports related service to own a sports manufacturing company.
29. Technology Business Plans – Despite the rapid increase in the number of tech startups across the globe, it is important you know that the surface has barely been scratched in the technology industry. In this section, we share detailed sample business plans for undiscovered ideas in the technology industry; from biotech and Robotics to AI, virtual reality and drone tech.
30. Tourism & Hospitality Business Plans – It is a fact that the travels and tourism industry is not all about tourists, but also about all those who travel from one country to another, from one city to another for various purposes. This is why this section analyzes beyond people that are travelling for the purposes of tourism to every other traveler. With that, there will be no limit to the business ideas that you can pursue.
31. Transportation Business Plans – This section digs into the present means of transportation to uncover gaps and opportunities; while still analyzing future transport trends to help you position yourself to profit from the industry.
32. Wholesale & Retail Business Plans – One good thing about the retail business is that you are in the position to determine how big you want the business to be. You might decide to start retailing stuff from your car, whilst you gather money to rent a shop. In this section, we cover every detail you need to succeed in the retail industry; from ideas to tools and secrets of the trade.