Are you about writing a business plan to start a construction company? If YES, here are 100+ sample construction & engineering business plans & templates for FREE download.
The construction industry can comfortably boast of being responsible for the infrastructural development of the world. The development of any country or city is the handiwork or construction companies and other stake holders. In other words, all the edifices, bridges, dams, roads, estates, campuses, shopping malls, air ports, seaports, office complexes, skyscrapers and massive structures that you see around are all products of the construction industry.
100+ Sample Construction & Engineering Business Plans & Templates
1. Electrical Contractor Business Plan – Electric contractors are an integral part of not just the construction cum real estate industry, but plays very important roles in ensuring that households, offices and public facility enjoys electric power supply and electric appliances are repaired when they become faulty.
Basically, players in this industry executes electrical work at a sites such as installing wiring, services electrical equipment and sells and installs electrical equipment et al. So also, some of the electrical work they performed include new work, additions, alterations, and maintenance and repairs et al.
2. Architectural Firm Business Plan – Architects play a major role in the construction industry, as a matter of fact, architects are responsible for the planning and designing of residential, institutional, recreational, commercial and industrial buildings and structures by applying their knowledge of design, construction procedures, zoning regulations, building codes and building materials et al.
3. Stone Crusher & Quarry Business Plan – A stone quarry business is a business that involves the excavation of different dimension of stones, rocks, ripraps, construction aggregates, slates and gravels for the constructions industry.
Players in this industry basically extract rocks from an open-pit mine and the rocks are crushed to produce construction aggregate, which is them screened into different size categories either for immediate use in construction sites, or taken for further processing.
4. Construction Equipment Rental Business Plan – According to a facts report from the Equipment Leasing Association of America, close to 80% of businesses in the country rented or leased equipment on a daily basis, thereby making the business very lucrative for anyone intending to start the business.
The reason why many businesses are renting equipment is due to the fact that they do not consider it necessary or worthwhile to purchase heavy equipment for use either due to budget constraints or the fact that buying the equipment would be a waste of resources as regards to leasing it.
5. Home Remodeling Business Plan – Players in the Home Remodeling industry primarily engage in the remodeling and renovating the interiors and exterior of residential buildings (i.e. single-family homes and multifamily apartment building units). Remodeling consist of additions, alterations, reconstruction, maintenance and repair work.
General contractors, operative remodelers, remodeling design-build firms and remodeling project construction management companies are all part of the home remodeling industry while commercial building remodeling is not included in the industry.
6. Roofing Company Business Plan – If you are thinking of starting a business with huge returns on investment, then one of your best bet is to venture into the real estate industry. Of course, there are several money spinning business opportunities in the real estate industry and one of them is to start a roofing company.
Players in the roofing contractors are involved in installing roofs, siding, sheet metal and roof drainage systems, such as downspouts and gutters. They also carry out activities such as also treating roofs (e.g. spraying, painting or coating), coppersmithing, tinsmithing, installing skylights, installing metal ceilings, flashing, ductwork and capping. Their jobs could be new work, additions, alterations, maintenance and repairs.
7. Excavation Company Business Plan – One of the many business opportunities in the value chain of the construction industry is excavation business. If you live in the United States, you will agree that there are a host of excavation companies that are making money from this line of business.
Establishments in the Excavation Contractors industry mainly excavate land for building construction. They are known to carry out activities such as drilling shafts, foundation digging and drilling and grading et al. The excavation work performed by these companies could be new work, additions, alterations and repairs.
8. Welding & Fabrication Business Plan – This ever blooming industry seems to be growing the fastest with recent years showing maximum growth. The welding industry has been approximately stated to grow at the very least 6% per year. Conventional electric arc welding equipment and filler metals represent over two-thirds of this total.
This industry has many segments and each segment of the industry and each welding process have its own growth patterns noted after accurate research. It’s important to note that Welding is now the universally accepted method of permanently joining all metals. The wielding industry is considered a mature industry but it is still a growing industry from different perspectives.
9. Mechanical Engineering Business Plan – Starting a mechanical engineering business is different from your average business, as expertise in this industry is required especially if you intend to be able to meet some of the expectations of your clients.
The mechanical engineering industry is one with several niches such as kinematics, mechanics; robotics; drafting and structural analysis and most firms usually offer to stick to one or two niches rather than attempt to offer all the services.
10. Mobile Manufactured Home Building Business Plan – The real estate industry of which mobile manufactured home building business is sub set of is one of the many industries that is a major contributor to the growth of the economy of many nations of the world.
Mobile manufactured home building primarily manufactures homes (i.e. mobile homes) and nonresidential mobile buildings for a wide range of clients based on their preferences.
If you are a close watcher of the mobile manufactured home building industry, you will agree that the industry’s foundation shook as the housing bubble burst, with several factors contributing to discourage consumers from spending on home improvements.
11. Building Materials Supply Business Plan – If you are thinking of embarking on a business with huge returns on investment, then one of your best bet is to venture into the construction industry. Of course, there are several money spinning business opportunities in the construction cum real estate industry and one of them is to start a building materials supply business.
This industry consists of stores and dealers (e.g. lumberyards) that retail building materials such as lumber, stones and bricks. This industry also supplies cabinets, floor coverings, roofing materials, electrical and plumbing goods, doors and windows to the construction market. The industry does not include home improvement centers, paint and wallpaper specialty stores or hardware stores.
12. Engineering Consulting Business Plan – Engineering consulting firms are part of the engineering consulting services industry and firms in this industry provide engineering consulting services, which characteristically relate to the design, development and utilization of infrastructure projects, machinery, processes and systems.
Engineering consulting firms offer advisory services, feasibility studies, preparation of preliminary and final plans and design, technical services during project construction, and inspection and evaluation of construction and engineering projects. It is important to state that the industry does not manage or organize construction projects.
13. Plant & Tools Hire Business Plan – Plant and tool hire business which is part of the tool and equipment industry comprises companies that primarily rent tools and small to medium size pieces of equipment, including contractors’ and builders’ tools, equipment and home maintenance tools.
Please note that companies that mainly focus on other rentals like trucks and trailers without drivers, party and banquet equipment and personal and household goods are all excluded from this industry.
14. Sand Dredging Business Plan – Establishments in the Dredging industry engage in dredging services such as moving deep-water sediment to keep waterways open for commerce and replenishing beaches and other maritime and wetland environments.
Dredging can be applied in Reclamation, River crossing, Canalization, Shore protection, Sweeping and Stock piling (pump and sale), though the focus of this report is on Stock piling (pump and sale). The major providers of dredging activities engage in stockpiling for sale. Only very few sand suppliers use manual method to scoop sand from the creeks. The result is that only a small percentage of demand for sharp sand is met.
15. Demolition Company Business Plan – One of the many business opportunities under the construction industry is demolition business. If you live in the United States, you will agree that there are a host of demolition and wrecking companies around.
If you decide to start a business in the demolition and wrecking industry, you are sure of making huge returns from your investment because reliable statistics shows that the industry in the United States of America rakes in around $5 billion dollars annually.
16. Spray Foam Insulation Business Plan – Spray foam insulation installation business is a subset of the Insulation Contractors industry and the industry is made up of establishments that install insulation products for buildings.
Spray foam insulation is a highly suitable substitute for old-fashioned insulation materials, such as glass and metal. Spray foam insulation is usually installed in new builds, renovations, and retrofits. Spray foam insulation includes open cell and closed cell foam insulation.
17. Laser Cutting Business Plan – Laser cutting technology is a technology that uses a laser to cut materials, and it is usually used for industrial manufacturing applications. Industrial laser cutters are used to cut flat-sheet material as well as structural and piping materials. As a matter of fact, schools, small businesses, and hobbyists have fully embraced the use of laser cutting technology. Laser cutting works by directing the output of a high-power laser most commonly through optics.
18. Concrete Contracting Business Plan – The Concrete Contractors industry is made up of companies that engage in residential and nonresidential construction, additions, alterations, reconstruction and other services.
A standard concrete contracting company carries our jobs that include the following basic processes: preparation of the concrete mix; delivery of the mix to the construction site; feeding, distribution, and compaction of the mix in the formwork (molds); the curing of the concrete while it is hardening; and quality control of the concrete work.
19. Electrical Supply Business Plan – Electrical supply business is part of the Electrical Equipment Wholesaling industry and this industry consists of businesses that are into the sale and supply of wiring, lighting fixtures and light bulbs, relay and industrial controls, switchgear and switchboard apparatus, motors and generators, power and distribution transformers and other electrical equipment.
On the average, an electrical supply company distributes electrical construction materials, such as wiring supplies, electrical light fixtures, light bulbs, security systems, electrical power equipment, switchboards, circuit breakers and fuses to construction companies. Hence, demand from building, developing and general contracting largely determines industry revenue growth.
20. Equipment Leasing Business Plan – Equipment leasing business is part of the Industrial Equipment Rental & Leasing industry and this industry is made up of businesses that engage in general industrial equipment rental, light construction equipment rental, medical equipment rental, audiovisual equipment rental, industrial energy equipment and pumps rental, theatrical and motion picture rental amongst others.
In general, the Industrial Equipment Rental and Leasing industry offers a range of products, including industrial machinery, some construction equipment, entertainment products and medical devices, for fixed-term use. The variety of products rented or leased mitigates the impact of increasing demand.
21. AutoCAD Drafting Business Plan – AutoCAD draftsmen play a major role in the construction industry, as a matter of fact, AutoCAD draftsmen are responsible for creating technical drawings and plans for buildings by using computer-aided design and drafting (CAD or CADD) software programs.
Drafters may work in a specialty area or be generalists. An AutoCAD drafting firm may specialize in architectural, civil, electrical, or mechanical drafting and use technical drawings to help design everything from microchips to skyscrapers.
22. Civil Engineering Business Plan – Civil engineering business is a subset of the Construction industry and the Construction industry consists of establishments that are majorly into building construction, heavy and civil engineering construction, specialty trade contracting and other related activities.
The construction industry is responsible for the infrastructural development of the world. In other words, all the edifices, bridges, dams, roads, estates, campuses, shopping malls, office complexes, skyscrapers and massive structures that you see around are all products of the construction industry.
23. Painting Company Business Plan – The painters industry comprises of various niches such as construction and industrial painters amongst others. What construction cum industrial painters do is to apply paint, special coatings, and wallpaper to various internal as well as external surfaces for protection, cleanliness or beautification.
Industry painters offer services to a wide range of customers that cut across residential, commercial, industrial and municipal building markets as well as for infrastructure projects like roads, bridges and stadiums et al. Painters are sometimes contracted to paint ships but not automobile and aircraft.
The plumbing sector covers areas such as sanitary, water, gas, heating and cooling, metal roofing, industrial wastes, drainage, building services, mechanical services, air-conditioning, and even fire services. Because these are essential services for commercial and residential buildings, the demand for plumbers never slows down.
Starting a plumbing business is not easy as there are already many new and established companies operating in this field. Your small venture shall have to aggressively market its services to be able to make headway in the industry. The costs involved in starting a plumbing business are minimal, and the business has the potentials of making you good profits.