Are you about starting a mobile manufactured home company? If YES, here is a complete sample mobile manufactured home business plan template & feasibility report you can use for FREE.
Okay, so we have considered all the requirements for starting a mobile manufactured home company. We also took it further by analyzing and drafting a sample mobile manufactured home company marketing plan template backed up by actionable guerrilla marketing ideas for mobile manufactured home companies. So let’s proceed to the business planning section.
Why Start a Mobile Manufactured Home Company?
There are several money spinning business opportunities in the real estate industry and one of them is to start a mobile manufactured home building company. Mobile manufactured home building business is one of those businesses that you need to learn the trade or perhaps get a degree in building technology, civil engineering or related disciplines.
One factor that is a threat to mobile manufactured home building companies is the cost increase as a result of inflation, currency devaluation and economic challenges. Unforeseen delays on the part of government agencies, litigation and also delays from contractors can lead to substantial cost increase especially if the project is heavily dependent on bank loans.
If you are truly convinced that starting a mobile manufactured home building company is the right business for you to do, then you need to write your own business plan. The essence of writing a business plan before starting any business is for you to have a roadmap and a blueprint of how you would want to setup, manage and expand your business.
So, ensure that you consider all the factors involved in the business you are about setting up when preparing your business plan. Below is a sample mobile manufactured home building company business plan template that will help you successfully write yours with little or no stress.
A Sample Mobile Manufactured Home Building Business Plan Template
- Industry Overview
The real estate industry of which mobile manufactured home building business is sub set of is one of the many industries that is a major contributor to the growth of the economy of many nations of the world.
Mobile manufactured home building primarily manufactures homes (i.e. mobile homes) and nonresidential mobile buildings for a wide range of clients based on their preferences. If you are a close watcher of the mobile manufactured home building industry, you will agree that the industry’s foundation shook as the housing bubble burst, with several factors contributing to discourage consumers from spending on home improvements.
Experts projected that the mobile manufactured home building industry recovery will be driven by improvements in employment and per capita disposable income. In the United States and in most countries of the world, home prices are expected to continue to rise, facilitating growth in demand for mobile manufactured homes.
The Bureau of Labor Statistics (United States of America) projects 11.1 percent job growth for the real estate industry between 2012 and 2022, which is about as fast as average. During that time, an additional 38,000 jobs will open up in the industry, hence any mobile manufactured home building company that is well equipped and positioned will sure rake in huge revenues from this industry within this period and of course the future is bright.
The Mobile Manufactured Home Building industry is indeed a large industry and pretty much active in countries such as United States of America, United Kingdom, Germany, France, Italy, Holland, Switzerland, Australia and Canada et al.
Statistics has it that in the United States of America alone, there are about 3,348 registered and licensed mobile manufactured home building companies scattered all across the United States responsible for employing about 41,935 and the industry rakes in a whooping sum of $19 billion annually.
The industry is projected to grow at 3.8 percent annual growth within 2011 and 2016. Berkshire Hathaway Inc., Cavco Industries Inc., and Champion Enterprises Inc. have the lion market share in the industry.
Studies show that the mobile manufactured home building industry has a low concentration of ownership, with the three largest operators (Berkshire Hathaway Inc., Cavco Industries Inc., and Champion Enterprises Inc.) expected to generate less than a fourth of revenue in 2016. The industry’s highly fragmented structure is composed of many small-scale establishments servicing narrow regional markets.
However, market share concentration has remained stagnant since 2011. Small, less profitable players were driven out during the recession, or purchased by manufacturers looking to expand through acquisition. Industry participation has yet to pick up meaningfully since.
The mobile manufactured home building cum real estate industry is highly regulated in the United States of America and anyone who aspires to start a mobile manufactured home building company must apply and obtain a license before they can legally operate in the industry.
Lastly, as a mobile manufactured home building professional, it is very important to be able to use your ideas to meet the rapidly changing needs of the society when it comes to mobile manufactured home buildings; you should be able to operate with international best practices.
Mobile Manufactured Home Building Business Plan – Executive Summary
Brown Roof® Mobile Home Company is a U.S. based mobile manufactured home building company. Our head office will be located in a standard office facility in the heart of Austin – Texas. Although our Head Office will be located in Austin – Texas, but we will open our branch offices in major cities in all regions of the United States of America – within the first two years of operation.
Brown Roof® Mobile Home Company is going to be a self-administered and a self-managed real estate investment trust (REIT). We will manufacture various sizes and designs of mobile homes for a wide range of clients. We will work towards becoming one of the largest mobile manufactured home building companies in the United States of America with active presence in major cities.
We are quite aware that mobile manufactured home building business requires reasonable capital base, which is why we have perfect plans for steady flow of cash from private investors who are interested in working with us. We can confidently say that we have a robust financial standing and we are ready to take on any opportunity that comes our way in the real estate industry.
As part of our plans to make our customers our number one priority and to become one of the leading mobile manufactured home building company in the United States of America, we have perfected plans to adopt international best practices that can favorable compete with the best in the industry.
Brown Roof® Mobile Home Company will at all times demonstrate her commitment to sustainability, both individually and as a firm, by actively participating in our communities and integrating sustainable business practices wherever possible. We will ensure that we hold ourselves accountable to the highest standards by meeting our client’s needs precisely and completely.
Brown Roof® Mobile Home Company will be owned majorly by Berkley Roy and his immediate family members. Berkley Roy has a Degree in Building Engineering and Diploma in Carpentry.
- Our Product Offerings
Brown Roof® Mobile Home Company is going to manufacture a wide range of mobile homes within the scope of the mobile manufactured home building industry in the United States of America. Our intention of starting our mobile manufactured home building company is to favorably compete with leading players in the industry both in the United States of America and in the world at large.
We are well prepared to make profits from the industry and we will do all that is permitted by the law in the United States to achieve our business goals, aim and ambition. Our business offerings are listed below;
- Manufactured (mobile) homes
- Non – residential mobile buildings
Our Vision Statement
Our vision is to become one of the top 10 mobile manufactured home building companies in the United States of America within the first 10 years of starting Brown Roof® Mobile Home Company.
- Our Mission Statement
Our mission is to manufacture standard mobile home buildings for both corporate and individual clients in the United States of America.
- Our Business Structure
Our company’s structure is not entirely different from what is obtainable in the mobile manufactured home building business industry. As a matter of priority, we have decided to create a structure that will allow for easy growth for all our employees and also, we have created platforms that will enable us attract some of the best hands in the industry.
We are quite aware that the success of any business lies in the foundation on which the business is built on, which is why we have decided to build our mobile manufactured home building company on the right business foundation. We will ensure that we only hire people that are qualified, honest, hardworking, customer centric and are ready to work to help us build a prosperous business that will benefit all our stakeholders.
As a matter of fact, profit-sharing arrangement will be made available to all our senior management staff and it will be based on their performance for a period of five years or more depending how fast we meet our set target.
Brown Roof® Mobile Home Company is fully aware of the modus operandi in the mobile manufactured home building line of business, hence adequate provision and competitive packages has been prepared for independent sales agents. Our marketing department will be responsible for managing this aspect of our business structure.
Below is the business structure we will build Brown Roof® Mobile Home Company on;
- Chief Executive Officer
- Project Manager
- Admin and HR Manager
- Head of Construction and Renovation
- Business Developer/Sales and Marketing
- Customer Service Executive/Front Desk Officer
Roles and Responsibilities
Chief Executive Officer – CEO (President):
- Increases management’s effectiveness by recruiting, selecting, orienting, training, coaching, counseling, and disciplining managers; communicating values, strategies, and objectives; assigning accountabilities; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results; developing incentives; developing a climate for offering information and opinions; providing educational opportunities.
- Creates, communicates, and implements the organization’s vision, mission, and overall direction – i.e. leading the development and implementation of the overall organization’s strategy.
- Responsible for fixing prices and signing business deals
- Responsible for providing direction for the business
- Responsible for signing checks and documents on behalf of the company
- Evaluates the success of the organization
- Reports to the board
- Responsible for the planning, management and coordinating all projects on behalf of the company
- Supervises building projects
- Ensure compliance during project executions
- Provides advice on the management of projects
- Responsible for carrying out risk assessment
- Using IT systems and software to keep track of people and progress of ongoing projects
- Ensures that project desired result is achieved, the most efficient resources are utilized and different interests involved are satisfied
Admin and HR Manager
- Responsible for overseeing the smooth running of HR and administrative tasks for the organization
- Designs job descriptions with KPI to drive performance management for clients
- Maintains office supplies by checking stocks; placing and expediting orders; evaluating new products
- Ensures operation of equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; calling for repairs
- Defines job positions for recruitment and managing interviewing process
- Carries out induction for new team members
- Responsible for training, evaluation and assessment of employees
- Responsible for arranging travel, meetings and appointments
- Oversee the smooth running of the daily office activities
Building Engineers or Craftsperson
- Responsible for designing and constructions of mobile homes and non – residential mobile buildings
- Establishes and enforces company’s engineering and construction standards
- Ensures that renovation/construction work meets or exceeds standards within a designated geographic area.
- Provides overall direction on assigned mobile home construction projects; reviews and makes recommendations on planning and design of projects; monitors day‐to‐day progress and activities on project construction sites
Marketing and Sales Executive/Business Developer
- Identify, prioritize, and reach out to new partners, and business opportunities et al
- Identifies development opportunities; follows up on development leads and contacts; participates in the structuring and financing of projects; assures the completion of development projects.
- Responsible for supervising implementation, advocate for the customer’s need s, and communicate with clients
- Finds and qualifies land for development based on company’s land requirements; maintains a land search database; initiates discussions with property owners about the possible sale of property
- Develop, execute and evaluate new plans for expanding sales
- Document all customer contact and information
- Represent the company in strategic meetings
- Help increase sales and growth for the company
- Responsible for preparing financial reports, budgets, and financial statements for the organization
- Provides managers with financial analyses, development budgets, and accounting reports; analyzes financial feasibility for the most complex proposed projects; conducts market research to forecast trends and business conditions
- Responsible for financial forecasting and risks analysis
- Performs cash management, general ledger accounting, and financial reporting for one or more properties.
- Responsible for developing and managing financial systems and policies
- Responsible for administering payrolls
- Ensuring compliance with taxation legislation
- Handles all financial transactions for the company
- Serves as internal auditor for the company
Front Desk/Customer’s Service Officer
- Receives visitors/clients on behalf of the organization
- Receives parcels/documents for the company
- Handles enquiries via e-mail and phone calls for the organization
- Distribute mails in the organization
- Ensures that all contacts with clients (e-mail, walk-In center, SMS or phone) provides the client with a personalized customer service experience of the highest level
- Through interaction with clients on the phone, uses every opportunity to build client’s interest in the company’s products and services
- Consistently stays abreast of any new information on the company’s properties that are put up for sale, promotional campaigns etc. to ensure accurate and helpful information is supplied to clients when they make inquiries
Mobile Manufactured Home Building Business Plan – SWOT Analysis
The fact that mobile manufactured home building business is a very rewarding business does not mean that there are no challenges in the industry. Starting a mobile manufactured home building business in the United States of America comes with its own fair share of challenges, you would have to abide by the law and also compete with loads of other entrepreneurs in the real estate business value chain who also are interested in making a living and building a business in the US.
In order to compete favorably in the mobile manufactured home building industry, we have been able to hire the services of tested and trusted business and HR consultants to help us conduct critical SWOT analysis for us. We intend maximizing our strengths, explore all opportunities we will come across, properly manage our weakness and confront our threats.
Here is a summary from the result of the SWOT analysis that was conducted on behalf of Brown Roof® Mobile Home Company;
Some of our strength that we will be bringing to the table in the mobile manufactured home building business is our robust relations with people who need mobile homes. Our access to funding and also, we have a team of experts who have cut their teeth in the mobile manufactured home building line of business. Our commission structure and relationship with freelance real estate agents in Austin Texas and other state in the US will also count towards our advantage.
As a newbie in the mobile manufactured home building line of business, we might have some challenges competing with big time property developers and other mobile manufactured home building companies that have been in the industry for many years; that perhaps is part of our weakness.
The opportunities in the mobile manufactured home business especially as a mobile manufactured home building company is massive considering the number of people in the United States that want to acquire mobile homes. We are well – positioned and ready to take advantage of any opportunity that comes our way.
One obvious threat confronting us is that consumers have increasingly opted to purchase conventional homes over manufactured homes. Some other threats that we are likely going to face as a mobile manufactured home building company are unfavorable government policies, and global economic downturn; global economic downturn usually affect spending power and the real estate industry is known to encounter decline in sales and profits during this period. There is hardly anything we can do as regards these threats other than to be optimistic that things will continue to work for our good.
Mobile Manufactured Home Building Business Plan – MARKET ANALYSIS
- Market Trends
The market trends in the real estate industry are that there are no fixed profit projections when engaging in the construction of mobile homes for clients. The profit you stand to gain depends on loads of factors amongst which are your attention to details, ability to come up with unique designs and knowing exactly when to seal a deal. If you are able to get all the above stated factors right as a mobile manufactured home building company, your gains will always be far more than your loss.
One thing is certain for every mobile manufactured home building company; if they are hardworking, creative and proactive, they will always generate enough income to meet all their overhead and operational cost, keep their business going without struggle and make reasonable profits from all business deals that they are involved in.
- Our Target Market
As a mobile manufactured home building company, our target market cuts across people of different classes and people from all walks of life. We are coming into the mobile manufactured home industry with a business concept that will enable us work with the highly – placed as well as lowly placed people who are only interested in acquiring mobile homes at an affordable price.
As a matter of fact, our target market is the whole of the United States of America and we have put plans in place to recruit freelance agents to represent our business interest wherever they are located in the United States of America. Below is a list of the people and organizations that we have specifically designed our products and services for;
- Families and individuals who are interested in acquiring a decent and well – constructed mobile home
- Corporate organizations who are interested in acquiring their own mobile non – residential building
- The government of the United States of America (Government contracts)
Our Competitive Advantage
The mobile manufactured home industry is indeed a very prolific and highly competitive industry. We are quite aware that to be highly competitive in the mobile manufactured home building industry means that you should be able to deliver good quality mobile homes and you should be able to meet the expectations of your clients at all times.
Brown Roof® Mobile Home Company might be a new mobile manufactured home building company, but the management team of the business are professional who have what it takes to grow a business from scratch to become a top brand within the shortest time possible. They are core professionals, licensed and highly qualified people that can successfully help her clients remodel their homes to fit into the ideal picture of a 21st century home. These are part of what will count as a competitive advantage for us.
Aside from our robust experience and expertise of our team of experts, we have a very strong online presence that will enable us attract clients from all across the United States of America.
Lastly, our employees will be well taken care of, and their welfare package will be among the best within our category in the industry. It will enable them to be more than willing to build the business with us and help deliver our set goals and achieve all our business aims and objectives. We will also engage freelance marketing agents to help us market our services.
Mobile Manufactured Home Building Business Plan – SALES AND MARKETING STRATEGY
We are quite mindful of the fact that there are stiff competitions in the mobile manufactured home building industry in the United States of America; hence we have been able to hire some of the best business developers to handle our sales and marketing.
Our sales and marketing team will be recruited based on their vast experience in the industry and they will be trained on a regular basis so as to be well equipped to meet their targets and the overall goal of the organization.
Our goal is to become one of the leading mobile manufactured home building companies in the United States of America which is why we have mapped out strategies that will help us take advantage of the available market and grow to become a major force in the industry.
Brown Roof® Mobile Home Company is set to make use of the following marketing and sales strategies;
- Introduce our business by sending introductory letters alongside our brochure to stake holders in the real estate industry and potential clients through the United States of America
- Advertise our business in real estate/properties magazines and websites
- List our business on yellow pages (local directories)
- Attend real estate related expos, seminars, and business fairs et al
- Leverage on the internet (social media platforms) and our official website to promote our business
- Encourage word of mouth marketing especially when we have a home for sale
Sources of Income
Brown Roof® Mobile Home Company is established with the aim of maximizing profits in the mobile manufactured home industry. Although we are a mobile manufactured home building company, but part of our work force are also licensed real estate agents hence we intend generating additional income from diverse means in the real estate industry. We have successfully built a vibrant real estate network that covers the whole of the United States of America so as to help us build a profitable business.
Below are the sources we intend exploring to generate income for Brown Roof® Mobile Home Company;
- Manufactured (mobile) homes
- Non – residential mobile buildings
We are well positioned to take on the challenges that are synonymous to mobile manufactured home building businesses in the United States, and we are quite optimistic that we will meet out set target of generating enough profits from the first month of operations and grow the business to other states in the United States of America within record time.
We have been able to critically examine the real estate market, we have analyzed our chances in the industry and we have been able to come up with the following sales forecast. The sales projection is based on information gathered on the field and some assumptions peculiar to similar startups in Austin – Texas;
Below are the sales projections for Brown Roof® Mobile Home Company. It is based on the location of our business and the mobile manufactured home buildings that we will be offering;
- First Fiscal Year: $500,000
- Second Fiscal Year: $1.2 million
- Third Fiscal Year: $1.7 million
N.B: This projection is done based on what is obtainable in the industry and with the assumption that there won’t be any major economic meltdown and any major competitor offering same additional services as we do within the locations where we have a strong business presence. Please note that the above projection might be lower and at the same time it might be higher since some factors are beyond our control.
- Our Pricing Strategy
Part of our business strategy is to ensure that we work within the budget of our potential clients to help them build mobile homes to meet their expectations. It is the practice in most parts of the world for properties to be valued by professionals based on the area the facility is located, the type of facility and other factors.
Since we are not directly in control of the pricing system in the real estate industry we can only abide by what is obtainable when it comes to fixing a price for our mobile homes. But one thing is certain, we will ensure that we deliver excellent jobs when have we are contracted to do so.
Lastly, we will ensure that we keep our fees below the average market rate for all of our clients. In addition, we will also offer special discounted rates to our clients from time to time especially when they recommend clients to us.
- Payment Options
At Brown Roof® Mobile Home Company our payment policy is all inclusive because we are aware that different people prefer different payment options as it suits them but at the same time, we will not accept payment by cash because of the volume of cash that will be involved in most of our transactions.
Here are the payment options that Brown Roof® Mobile Home Company will make available to her clients;
- Payment by via bank transfer
- Payment via online bank transfer
- Payment via check
- Payment via bank draft
In view of the above, we have chosen banking platforms that will help us achieve our plans without any itches and we will also pay our freelance sales agents with the same platforms. Our bank account numbers will be made available on our website and promotional materials.
Mobile Manufactured Home Building Business Plan – Publicity and Advertising Strategy
We have been able to work with our consultants to help us map out publicity and advertising strategies that will help us penetrate our target market. We are set to take the mobile manufactured home building industry by storm which is why we have made provisions for effective publicity and advertisement of our company.
Below are the platforms we intend to leverage on to promote and advertise our mobile manufactured home business;
- Place adverts on both print and electronic media platforms
- Place our flexi banners with our company’s logo and contacts in every mobile home we put up for sale
- Sponsor relevant TV shows so as to be able to communicate our brand and what we do
- Maximize our company’s website to promote our business
- Leverage on the internet and social media platforms and other platforms (real estate online forums) to promote our business and list our properties for sale and for lease.
- Install our billboards in strategic locations
- Distribute our fliers and handbills in targeted areas from time to time
- Ensure that all our workers wear our branded shirts and all our vehicles are well branded with our company’s logo
Mobile Manufactured Home Building Business Plan – Financial Projections and Costing
In setting up any business, the amount or cost will depend on the approach and scale you want to undertake. If you intend to go big by renting a place, then you would need a good amount of capital as you would need to ensure that your employees are well taken care of, and that your facility is conducive enough for workers to be creative and productive.
The tools and equipment that will be used are nearly the same cost everywhere, and any difference in prices would be minimal and can be overlooked. As for the detailed cost analysis for starting a mobile manufactured home building company; it might differ in other countries due to the value of their money.
However, this is what it would cost us to set up Brown Roof® Mobile Home Company in the United States of America;
- The total fee for incorporating the business in The United States of America – $750
- The budget for permits and license – $2,000
- The cost for hiring Consultant – $2,500
- The cost for computer software apps (Accounting Software, Payroll Software, CRM Software, Microsoft Office, QuickBooks Pro et al) – $7,000
- The budget for insurance (general liability, workers’ compensation and property casualty) coverage at a total premium – $5,400
- Cost for payment of rent for a suitable Office and workshop facility with enough space in Austin – Texas for 12 months at $1.76 per square feet in the total amount of – $255,600
- The amount required for purchasing construction equipment and tools – 25,000
- The cost for office remodeling (construction of racks and shelves) – $20,000
- The cost for equipping the office (computers, printers, fax machines, furniture, telephones, filing cabins, safety gadgets and electronics et al) – $15,000
- Other start-up expenses including phone and utility deposits ($2,500)
- Operational cost for the first 3 months (salaries of employees, payments of bills et al) – $100,000
- The cost of Launching our official Website – $600
- Additional Expenditure (Business cards, Signage, Adverts and Promotions et al) – $5,000
Going by the report from the market research and feasibility studies conducted, we will need over five hundred and fifty thousand (550,000) U.S. dollars to successfully set up a small scale but standard mobile manufactured home building company in the United States of America.
Generating Startup Capital for Brown Roof® Mobile Home Company
Brown Roof® Mobile Home Company is a business that will be owned and managed by Berkley Roy and his immediate family members, which is why they decided to restrict the sourcing of the startup capital for the business to just three major sources.
- Generate part of the startup capital from personal savings and sale of his stocks
- Generate part of the startup capital from friends and other extended family members
- Generate a larger chunk of the startup capital from the bank (loan facility)
N.B: We have been able to generate about $100,000 (Personal savings $80,000 and soft loan from family members $20,000) and we are at the final stages of obtaining a loan facility of $450,000 from our bank. All the papers and documents have been duly signed and submitted, the loan has been approved and any moment from now our account will be credited.
MOBILE MANUFACTURED HOME BUSINESS GROWTH: Sustainability and Expansion Strategy
The future of a business lies in the number of loyal customers that they have, the capacity and competence of their employees, their investment strategy and the business structure. If all of these factors are missing from a business, then it won’t be too long before the business close shop.
One of our major goals of starting Brown Roof® Mobile Home Company is to build a business that will survive off its own cash flow without the need for injecting finance from external sources once the business is officially running. We know that one of the ways of gaining approval and winning customers over is to sell our mobile homes a little bit cheaper than what is obtainable in the market and we are well prepared to survive on lower profit margin for a while.
Brown Roof® Mobile Home Company will make sure that the right foundation, structures and processes are put in place to ensure that our staff welfare are well taken of. Our company’s corporate culture is designed to drive our business to greater heights and training and re training of our workforce is at the top burner.
We know that if that is put in place, we will be able to successfully hire and retain the best hands we can get in the industry; they will be more committed to help us build the business of our dreams.
- Business Name Availability Check: Completed
- Business Incorporation: Completed
- Opening of Corporate Bank Accounts various banks in the United States: Completed
- Opening Online Payment Platforms: Completed
- Application and Obtaining Tax Payer’s ID: In Progress
- Application for business license and permit: Completed
- Purchase of all forms of Insurance for the Business: Completed
- Renting of office and workshop facility and remodeling the facility in Austin – Texas: Completed
- Conducting Feasibility Studies: Completed
- Generating capital from the CEO: Completed
- Applications for Loan from our Bankers: In Progress
- Writing of Business Plan: Completed
- Drafting of Employee’s Handbook: Completed
- Drafting of Contract Documents and other relevant Legal Documents: In Progress
- Design of The Company’s Logo: Completed
- Graphic Designs and Printing of Promotional Materials: Completed
- Recruitment of employees: In Progress
- Purchase of the needed furniture, office equipment, electronic appliances and facility facelift: In progress
- Creating official website for the company: In Progress
- Creating awareness for the business (Business PR): In Progress
- Health and Safety and Fire Safety Arrangement: In Progress
- Establishing business relationship with key players in the industry (networking and membership of relevant real estate bodies): In Progress