Are you about writing a business plan to start a farming business? If YES, here are 100+ sample agricultural business plans & templates for FREE download.
There are several business opportunities available in the agricultural industry and one good thing about the industry is that there is market for all the produce which the industry churns out. Over the years, researchers and scientist have been reaching for ways to improve crop cultivation – especially in areas where the soil composition and climatic condition does not support the growth of certain crops (cash crops, food crops et al).
So also; engineers have been improving on their invention as regards mechanized farming, as well as other factors that are imperative to the trade.
We understand the fact that writing a business plan from scratch can be a herculean task and hiring an agricultural consultant to prepare a business plan is a NO-NO as most startups are usually operating on a shoestring budget. This is the sole reason we created these FREE sample agriculture business plan templates.
100+ Sample Agricultural Business Plans & Templates for FREE Download
- Agro-processing Business Plans – The agriculture-based business opportunities in the world are on the verge of revolution. The process of modernizing the entire food chain in the World has already started. The total food production in the World is likely to get doubled in the next ten years. At present, agro-based business has excellent export prospects.
- Agro Allied Services Business Plans – Agro allied services is one profitable industry within the agriculture sector especially for those that don’t want to get their hands dirty with crop farming or animal husbandry. In this section, we have business plans ranging from pest control and fumigation to farm equipment rental.
- Livestock Farming Business Plans – Livestock farming is one of the most profitable businesses in the agriculture especially poultry and piggery. But most people shy away from this business because it is capital and labour intensive. However, if you are interested in rearing animals for profits, here are some livestock business plans for you.
More Sample Agricultural Business Plans & Template
1. Commercial Farming Business Plan – If you are tinkering with the idea of starting an agriculture industry to generate huge income, then one of your best bet is to start a commercial farm. Commercial farming is all about mass – cultivation of crops and rearing animals, fish, and birds, etc. for the sole aim of making profits. In most cases it is referred to as mechanized farming.
2. Plantain Farming Business Plan – Commercial plantain farming is indeed one of many businesses that an entrepreneur who is interested in going into commercial farming can major in. As a matter of fact, there are several plantain plantations scattered all around South American and costal states in the United States of America. This is so because plantain easily grows and thrives pretty well in water – logged areas.
3. Pepper Farming Business Plan – The Pepper farm industry is made up of farms that cultivate varieties of peppers in open fields and in greenhouses. As we all know, pepper is planted today in many countries. The Total planted area moved from 563, 000 hectares in 2003 to 841,000 have in 2012, an increase of 7.7% per annum. Also, the price of pepper, which increased during 1999 and to some extent in 2000, inspired farmers to expand the area cultivated with pepper.
4. Mushroom Farming Business Plan – Globally, button agaricus, shiitake mushrooms and oyster mushrooms are what dominate the production and consumption markets and as at 2013, these three kinds of mushrooms accounted for 76% of the global market. As at 2013, the value of the crop as at 2013 went up to $1.11 billion. Also, the period saw an increase of commercial mushroom growers.
5. Christmas Tree Farming Business Plan – According to recent report published by the American Christmas Tree Association, the average price of a tree at a u-cut lot was $46 last year. With 200 ready-to-harvest trees per acre, that’s $9,200.
As the costs of growing Christmas trees are mostly labor for maintenance, such as mowing for weed control and shearing the young trees, a start – up Christmas tree farmer who does their own labor rather than employing professionals can largely maximize profits as against spreading it on overheads.
6. Rice Farming Business Plan – Commercial rice farming is indeed one of many businesses that an entrepreneur who is interested in going into commercial farming can major in. As a matter of fact, there are several commercial rice farms cum rice production companies scattered all around South American and costal states in the United States of America.
7. Sunflower Farming Business Plan – The demand for sunflower oil by the Europeans caused a boom in United States acreage to over 5 million in the late 1970s. The market for seeds globally is expected to exceed $130 billion by 2022 due to the increased acceptance of genetically modified seeds and also an increase in demand from a growing population.
8. Organic Farming Business Plan – The organic farm industry includes farms that primarily cultivate organic fruit, vegetables, grains and other crops or livestock. It is important to categorically state that organic farming does not involve the use of artificial chemicals, pesticides and fertilizers, or genetically modified organisms.
9. Vegetable Farming Business Plan – The Vegetable Farming industry is indeed a fast – growing industry that is pretty much active in all countries of the world. As a matter of fact, The Netherlands has some of the largest greenhouses where vegetables are cultivated in the world. That is the scale of food production in the country so much so that in 2000 alone, greenhouses occupied about 10,526 hectares, or 0.25 percent of the total land area.
10. Chili Farming Business Plan – Chili – peppers are cultivated by vegetable farmers. Vegetable farmers are known to grow a wide variety of vegetables (chili – pepper, onions, peppers, potatoes, lettuce, tomatoes, sweet corn, mushrooms and all other vegetables) in open fields and in greenhouses. Some vegetable farmers also grow a variety of fruits and other crops.
11. Onion Farming Business Plan – It is important to state that starting an onion farming business comes with its own fair share of challenges, but that does not rule out the fact that it is indeed a profitable business venture. An aspiring entrepreneur can either choose to start an onion farm on a small scale or on a large scale depending on their financial status.
12. Wheat Farming Business Plan – In the face of this volatility, wheat’s status as a staple of the American diet will keep demand stable. A projected rise in wheat prices points to growing profitability for industry farmers; nevertheless, changes in government subsidies and drastic weather conditions could hinder profit growth for wheat farmers.
13. Cassava Farming Business Plan – Cassava is known to be the third-largest source of food carbohydrates in the tropics, after rice and maize. Cassava is indeed a major staple food in Africa, providing basic food for over five million people. It is one of the most drought-tolerant crops, capable of growing on marginal soils. Nigeria is the world’s largest producer of cassava, while Thailand is the largest exporter of dried cassava.
14. Maize Farming Business Plan – The Maize (Corn) Farming Industry is indeed a very large industry and pretty much thriving in all parts of the world especially in developed countries such as United States of America, Canada, United Kingdom, Germany, Brazil, Australia and Italy et al.
15. Banana Farming Business Plan – Because of the significant role the agriculture sector plays, the government of most countries ensure that they go all the way to subsidize seedlings, fertilizer, farm implements and machinery for farmers and also encourage entrepreneurs to go into commercial farming. Bananas are rich in potassium, which is said to help treat warts, bruises, cuts and scrapes. Potassium also helps with the healing process for cuts, scrapes and bruises.
16. Cut Flower Farming Business Plan – According to industry reports, cut flower production is worth over $400 million annually in the United States. The report has it that more than 90 percent of that production was sold on the wholesale market to florists and other outlets. These data do not include the contributions of small-scale and part-time growers with sales less than $10,000.
17. Garlic Farming Business Plan – Garlic farming is known to be a profitable business and over the years, it has evolved from small scale garden farming that is practiced in India to a global industry in most countries where it is carried out. If you are considering starting a commercial garlic farming business, the good news is that you can’t get it wrong. This is because garlic is used for a wide variety of meals and medicinal purposes and it is consumed all over the world.
18. Olive Farming Business Plan – The Olive Tree Farming industry displays a low level of concentration. The industry is highly fragmented; no single olive tree farmer/farm holds a lion share of the available market share in the industry.
Olive trees farmers are typically niche farmers operating on a small farm land with no more than a few hundred trees. A number of small olive tree farmers usually supply low quantities of harvested olives to wholesalers that sell the collective quantity of olives to manufacturing plants that are into olive oil processing.
19. Oil Palm Farming Business Plan – The oil palm plantation line of business is indeed thriving and pretty much active in Africa, Asia and South America (places with god numbers of African communities) and it generates several millions of US dollars annually. This line of business is responsible for the employment loads of people directly and indirectly all around the world.
20. Fruit Farming Business Plan – Statistics has it that in the United States of America alone, there are about 76,459 registered and licensed fruit farms scattered all across the United States responsible for employing about 317,590 and the industry rakes in a whooping sum of $26 billion annually. The industry is projected to enjoy 2.5 percent annual growth.