Are you about starting an adult day care center? If YES, here is a complete sample adult day care business plan template & feasibility report you can use for FREE.
Look around you and you will see some adults who might not be capable of taking care of their selves. This might be due to one or more life mishaps. This is one of the reasons why their family members may want to have them well taken care of. It is the responsibility of adults to take care of their selves, because they are in truth capable of doing so.
However, there are times when some adults may not live up to this expectation. This might be due to some kind of sickness that may have befallen them and so have rendered them incapable of helping themselves. It is in this type of case that the adult day care idea comes to fore.
The adult day care has been in existence in the United States of America for centuries. This is because of the need to cater for adults. This is one very lucrative business and it is one area where the philanthropic nature in one is birthed.
A Sample Adult Daycare Business Plan Template
Table of Content
- 1 Industry Overview
- 2 Executive Summary
- 3 Our Services
- 4 Our Mission and Vision Statement
- 5 Job Roles and Responsibilities
- 6 SWOT Analysis
- 7 MARKET ANALYSIS
- 8 Our Target Market
- 9 SALES AND MARKETING STRATEGY
- 10 Publicity and Advertising Strategy
- 11 Startup Expenditure (Budget)
- 12 Sustainability and Expansion Strategy
Adult day care business is one very easy business which anyone with a penchant for people could readily start. There is no doubt that the adult day care business has come to stay, because there are more and more people taking to the trade because of the increasing need to care for some adults who may not be disposed to care for themselves. These adults may be down with one form of ailment or another.
This is one of the reasons why in the states of America, there is hardly one neighborhood that doesn’t have an adult day care Centre. The business is indeed a lucrative one and those who are into the trade of establishing them are smiling to the banks every day. However, that is not to water down the fact that loads of work has to be put in place in order to satisfy the people.
Whether one is looking to start a small or big one, truth is that there would always be the need to have some type of adults catered for. This is why some folks who do not have the wherewithal in terms of finance may choose to start from their homes, whilst some may want to start from very little spaces they get.
There is no harm in wanting to start smell. However one of the things that must be remembered is the fact that one has to start off well-armed with the right knowledge. Setting up an adult day care business means that one would be dealing with adults who may be old.
As such, one of the things to consider would be hiring competent people., and as such, care have got to be taken in order to hire not just mere employees, but to hire those who are way too vast in the trade and are capable to help the adult day care business to a great level. There will always be the need to garner plenty of knowledge that would be useful in giving the people the best of experience.
The returns on investment that one attracts here is so huge that one have just got to keep at doing those things that would continue to guarantee repeat customers at all the times Furthermore, these folks may be willing to get others on board, if they are treated fine.
Advanced Care® is a foremost Adult day care center in Dallas Texas, America. It has the best of aims to give everyone a wonderful experience, as the needs of the people are being met. We propose to achieve this and more by merging an all exclusive curriculum custom-made explicitly for children.
Our type of curriculum is enriched with extra super child care services. This is nothing like what our competitors have to offer because we offer forward-thinking technology plans.
Advanced Care is a privately held establishment run by its owner, Mrs. Aimee Michaels. She has 4years of Educational training experience. As a matter of fact she is a master’s degree holder of psychology. So that when it comes to adult daycare and psychology, she is always at the top of her game.
Her advanced degree in psychology and interest in the old and needy is the driving force behind the establishment of Advanced Care. She will be supported in daily operations by another educationist and psychologist, amongst other employees.
With the inflation bane that continues to affect the American economy, there will always be the need for some adults who may not be disposed to do things by their selves to be catered for. Therefore, it can be said to be a necessity and so no harsh economic condition can cause a nose dive in patronage.
With the least population of Ohio which is at 11.59 million people, there will always be the need to have capable day cares to cater for them. That is why we have decided to position our establishment so as to meet the teeming needs for adults who want the very best of care.
At Advanced Care, we leave no stone unturned to see that we put in place high- quality adult care services, thorough bred adult instructors, as well as personal skills that will allow us compete well in our market . We shall also offer competitive price as part of one of our success factors so that we can attract all and sundry to our prestigious day care center.
Furthermore, we know the importance of having an excellent rapport with people, and the community we serve, which is why we train and even retrain our workforce so that they bring the best of skills and attitude to the table at all times.
With the aforementioned points in place, we therefore do not intend to look for long before we attract customers as we go all-out to build a loyal customer base by offering the people at the day care a very hospitable- yet educating experience in a comfortable and beneficial environment.
One of the things that would stand any adult day care out is the ability to offer top notch services. This is why at Advanced Care®; we are first all about making the day care center a very conducive one.
We are aware of the fact that some wards might hold back when it comes to the type of vicinity their relations will be put in; which is why we have taken time to research and learn the various ways to build a world class establishment. This we have done in the state of Dallas. Our services include the following;
- Taking care of the sick adults.
- Cleaning the adults up if they are too weak to do so.
- Assist in making them feel comfortable at all times.
Our Mission and Vision Statement
- Our vision is to build a most standard adult day care business, where people can unreservedly leaver their relations in our hands, and be totally satisfied in the long run.
- To establish an international standard adult day care center where adults can be shown adequate love and care.
Our Business Structure
All businesses ought to run on a structure so that they can effectively carryout their mission statement. Big establishments know that one of the greatest selling points is to have the best hands. As such; we plan to only hire the most competent and seasoned employees.
This is particularly important since it is uttermost on our minds to run our adult day care center with an intercontinental approach. This means that we are looking to have all races enroll in our establishment.
We came up with outrightly buying our own building, instead of having to make do with a leased one. This is why we have resolved to have quite a number of employees to be on our pay roll because of the ample room we have. Therefore, below is the type of structure we look to build our business on;
- Chief Executive Officer (Owner)
- A Director
- Assistant Director
- Administrative Assistant
- Accountants / Cashiers
- Room Supervisor
- A Cook
Job Roles and Responsibilities
Chief Executive Officer – CEO:
- Responsible for providing direction for the business
- Creating, communicating, and implementing the organization’s vision, mission, and overall direction – i.e. leading the development and implementation of the overall organization’s strategy.
- Responsible for fixing prices and signing business deals.
- Responsible for recruitment
- Responsible for payment of salaries
- Responsible for signing checks and documents on behalf of the company
- Evaluates the success of the organization
- Responsible for managing the daily activities in the day care center.
- Ensures that all orders and guidelines given by the CEO is adequately carried out.
- Interfaces with other employees
- Reports to the Chief Executive Officer
- Attends to complaints and enquiries
- Prepares budget and reports for the organization
- Responsible for Training and Development in the Adult day care center
- Any other duty as assigned by the CEO
- Responsible for assisting the director to carry out all that have been assigned by the CEO.
- Ensures that all employees carry out the agenda of the day care center to the latter.
- Responsible for quality control
- Any other duty as assigned by the CEO and director
Accountant / Cashier:
- Receives payments on behalf of Advanced Care ®
- Issues receipt to customers
- Prepare financial report at the end of every working Month
- Handles all financial transaction on behalf of Advanced Care
- Interfaces with our bankers
- Responsible for payment of tax, levies and utility bills
- Any other duty as assigned by the CEO / Director
- Assists the director in seeing to it that all adults are fine
- Ensures that all documents are safely kept.
- Handles customers enquiries and keeps all records of adults who need care and employees well
- Any other duty as assigned by the director
- Responsible for supervising the nannies that take care of the adults.
- Makes sure that everything is in place
- Reports to the Director
- Relates with the nannies and cleaners
- Carries out any other task as assigned by the superiors
- Responsible for supervising the nannies that take care of the adults who need care
- Makes sure that everything is in place
- Reports to the Director
- Relates with the nannies and cleaners
- Carries out any other task as assigned by the superiors
- Responsible for all the kitchen activities at the center
- Attends to the foods for all
- Takes orders that will advance the establishment from the Director, CEO and others.
- Responsible for cleaning the day care facility at all times
- Washes the mugs, spoons and other utensils
- Ensures that toiletries and supplies don’t run out of stock
- Cleans both the interior and exterior of the daycare
- Any other duty as assigned by the day care director.
Our purpose of starting a day care center is to compete favorably with other adult day care centers, and surpass them. We have also decided to have a test run on the business for a period of 5 years. This is to know how we are able to fare during this time, as well as to determine if we are to devote more resources, additional money, for the expansion of the business.
We shall start with just one center for now and then see how we are able to succeed despite the myriad of competition. In arriving at all these, we deemed it fit to employ the services of an expert who has helped us with conducting a SWOT analysis.
It was expedient that we did this, so as to ensure that we have what it takes to run a day care school and perhaps even build more branches. Here is a summary of the result from the SWOT Analysis that was conducted on behalf of Advanced Care;
Our area of strength to a very large extent lies in the fact that the owner of our day center is well versed in psychology. This is really a positive one for us, because we believe that we shall be able to really handle the adults that are put in our care, unlike some folks who have no background knowledge in education and psychology.
The perceived weakness for our business could be that we are starting out as newbies and it really isn’t easy to convince people to come and put their relations at the day care. This is why we have got to really work hard at our advertising strategies, as well as solidify how to seal deal with our potential clients.
The fact that we intend to lower the fees involved in caring for adults in our daycare, seems to be one of the ways at which we will attract all and sundry. We are certain without a doubt that with the quality of our employees and services, we shall attract clients that would be highly satisfied with us.
Just the 3way there are strong areas, there are also weak areas. Therefore, some of the threats our business may likely faced with might be a scenario where an adult has an illness and yet comes to the center. There may be likelihood that such an epidemic might spread to other people.
- Market Trends
In the United States of America, you will quite agree that there are lots of people who need to work almost round the clock to eke out a living for them and their families. As such and as stated earlier, the need for someone to care for their relations whilst working in nonnegotiable.
That is why there will always be the need to have some adults at day care centers. Furthermore, there is no indication that the day care trade would plummet anytime soon based on the statistics of people who work and do not have ample time to care for the adults who need care. Found by experts.
There is always a boom in this business all year round, as the weather or state of the economy has nothing to do with it. That is why the services being rendered by us has to be top notch at all times. We do not want to be found wanting in any area, that is why we are sure to invest a lot in training our employees at all times.
Our positioning, as is always the case of determining the amount of customers that patronize a business is of importance to us, which is why we have chosen to start from Dallas.
Despite the fact that there loads of day care businesses who have done so well for themselves in the past, we plan to not leave any stone unturned as we continue to work at better ways to make our services known to people. Part of the marketing and sales strategies to be adopted include;
- Commencing operation by first having a grand opening. This means that we will have a big party where we can invite those who reside in the neighborhood we propose to start out from, as well as those from other neighborhoods.
- Ensure that we have all our professional employees present at the party and if possible show them off.
- Make use of attractive hand bills to create awareness and also to give direction to potential clients
- Position our signage / flexi banners at strategic places around the vicinity.
- Advertise our day care center on business directories, magazines and yellow pages.
Our Target Market
When it comes to the day care business, of course our target market are adults. That is why we have got to primarily focus on these types of people. The people we intend offering our services to are;
- Corporate Executives
- Business People
- Sports Men and Women
- Government Officials
- Low class, middle class and high class people
Our Competitive Advantage
Going by the state where we have chosen to start from, we found that there are no day care centers in the vicinity we are, which is why if we are able to do our due diligence, and we are able to attract a crowd of customers there, then there is the possibility of hitting success in the first few years of operation.
We plan to run a standard day care business which is why we hired one of the leading business consultants to work with us in setting up our business. The business consultant we have hired has over 10 years of experience in business management and has successfully opened several day care businesses in major cities across the United States of America.
So far, there are clear indications that with what he has brought up, we shall no doubt do well and even surpass other businesses in the state. We believe that for us to have hired one of the experts in town, without a shadow of doubt, we will do exceptionally well when eventually we kick start.
SALES AND MARKETING STRATEGY
- Sources of Income
Our sources of income for Advanced Care is limited to the services of taking proper care of the adults that have been placed in our care. However, we are not relenting when it comes to opening different branches.
- Sales Forecast
It is important to state that our sale forecast is based on the data gathered during our feasibility studies and also some of the assumptions readily available on the field. Below is the sales projection based on the location (Ohio), which already has an avalanche of day care centers.
- 200 adults per monthly
N.B: Our annual projected sales for Advanced Care ® is to make at about $4,800-$16,500, or $400 -$1,375 monthly per adult. Over and above, as Advanced Care gets established, our net profitability will likely witness a boom as that indeed is what we project.
- Marketing Strategy and Sales Strategy
Advanced Care will throw a grand opening party when it does start. One of the very unique things that we plan to do on that day is to; unveil some of the professionals and junior employees that we have. That is those who will help us get things started on the right footing. Why is this a big one for us? It is a big one for us because people will have an opportunity to interact with this people, as well as ask all the questions they want.
The location of our day care center is strategically positioned to attract ample customers with little or no effort from our own part, which is why we do not make provisions for marketing and sales executives in our company’s structure.
In view of that, we are going to adopt the following strategies to ensure that we do not only attract customers but generate a high number of people;
- Position our greeters to welcome people as they arrive
- Create a loyalty plan that will enable us reward our regular customers
- Position our flexi banners at strategic positions all around the vicinity
- Advertise our Advanced Care Business on yellow pages magazines
- Partner with health agencies that have the interest of adults at heart.
Our Pricing Strategy
When it comes to fixing prices for our services, we will ensure that we set pricing in line with what is available in the day care trade. We are very aware that we have got to lower our price so that we will be able to attract customers like never before as we seek to gain recognition as newbies. When this is achieved, then bottom line is that our customers will derive real satisfaction when they bring their relations to us.
- Payment Options
Our payment policy is all inclusive because we are quite aware that different people prefer different payment options as it suits them. Here are the payment options that will be available in every of our outlets;
- Payment by cash
- Payment via Point of Sale (POS) Machine
- Payment via online bank transfer (online payment portal)
- Payment via Mobile money
In view of the above, we have chosen banking platforms that will help us achieve our plans without any itches.
Publicity and Advertising Strategy
One of the ways to get our business in faces of all and sundry is to have our marketing strategy ready. When it comes to publicity and advertising, we have a low budget for it simply because our business is located in a place that can easily attract the numbers of customers we would need with little or no stress on our own part.
But for the fact that we hope to some day in the near future have more branches, we have decided to create a budget for publicity and advertisement for the major aim of introducing our brand in the market place. Everything that we will do in this regard is geared towards communicating our brand.
Here are the platforms we intend leveraging on to promote and advertise our business;
- Place adverts on both print (travel magazines) and electronic media platforms
- Sponsor relevant educational community programs
- Leverage on the internet and social media platforms like; Instagram, Facebook , twitter, et al to promote our brand
- Install our Bill Boards on strategic locations
- Distribute our fliers and handbills in target areas where guardians can be found.
- Position our Flexi Banners at strategic positions around the airport
Startup Expenditure (Budget)
This is the key area where we will spend our start – up capital;
- The Total Fee for Registering the Business in Dallas: $750.
- Legal expenses for obtaining licenses and permits as well as the accounting services totaling $1,300.
- Marketing promotion expenses for the grand opening of Coffee4All® in the amount of $3,500 and as well as flyer printing (2,000 flyers at $0.04 per copy) for the total amount of $3,580.
- Cost for hiring Consultant – $2,500.
- Insurance (general liability, workers’ compensation and property casualty) coverage at a total premium – $2,400.
- Cost for payment of rent for 12 month at $1.76 per square feet in the total amount of $52,800.
- Cost for building remodeling – $25,000.
- Other start-up expenses including stationery ($500) and phone and utility deposits ($2,500).
- Operational cost for the first 3 months (salaries of employees, payments of bills et al) – $60,000
- The cost for Start-up inventory – $16,027
- The cost for office supplies (one month) – $287
- Storage hardware (bins, utensil rack, shelves, food case) – $3,720
- Cost for serving area equipment (plates, glasses, flatware) – $3,000
- Cost for store equipment (cash register, security, ventilation, signage) – $13,750
- Office equipment and furniture – $3,600
- The cost for the purchase of furniture and gadgets (Computers, Printers, Telephone, TVs, tables and chairs et al): $4,000.
- The cost of Launching a Website: $600
- The cost for our opening party: $5,000
- Miscellaneous: $2,500
We would need an estimate of about $100,000 to successfully set up our day care business. The amount includes the salary of all employees and the CEO (Owner) for 3 months.
Generating Funding / Startup Capital for Advanced Care®
We like other businesses must begin to identify our sources of funds from the outset. It is for this reason that Advanced Care is a private business that is solely owned by Mrs. Aimee Michael’s and she does not have the intention of welcoming any external partners except immediate family members which is why she has decided to restrict the sourcing of her start – up capital to 3 major sources.
These are the areas we intend generating our start – up capital;
- Generate part of the start – up capital from personal savings
- Source for soft loans from family members and friends
- Apply for loan from my Bank
N.B: We have been able to generate about $60,000 (Personal savings $40,000 and soft loan from family members $20,000) and we are at the final stage of obtaining a loan facility of $80,000 from our bank. All the papers and document has been signed and submitted, the loan has been approved and any moment from now our account will be credited and we will be able to execute all the things that needs to be executed.
Sustainability and Expansion Strategy
Our plans of establishing Advanced Care is basically to test – run the Day care trade. We have decided to start our first outlet in a competitive location like Dallas. Although we don’t have the intention of running chains of day care centers now, but we have plans to set up branches in years to come. It is pertinent to state that we shall not allow our standard operating process to drop so that we do not lose our loyal customers.
Check List / Milestone
- Business Name Availability Check: Completed
- Business Registration: Completed
- Opening of Corporate Bank Accounts: Completed
- Securing Point of Sales (POS) Machines: Completed
- Obtaining of health permit: Completed
- Opening Mobile Money Accounts: Completed
- Opening Online Payment Platforms: Completed
- Application and Obtaining Tax Payer’s ID: In Progress
- Application for business license and permit: Completed
- Purchase of Insurance for the Business: Completed
- Purchasing a building and remodeling it: In Progress
- Conducting Feasibility Studies: Completed
- Generating capital from family members: Completed
- Applications for Loan from the bank: In Progress
- Writing of Business Plan: Completed
- Drafting of Employee’s Handbook: Completed
- Drafting of Contract Documents and other relevant Legal Documents: In Progress
- Design of The Company’s Logo: Completed
- Graphic Designs and Printing of Packaging Marketing / Promotional Materials: In Progress
- Recruitment of employees: In Progress
- Purchase of the Needed furniture, beddings, toys, electronic appliances, office appliances and other equipment: In progress
- Creating Official Website for the day care center: In Progress
- Creating Awareness for the business both online and around the neighborhood of location: In Progress
- Health and Safety and Fire Safety Arrangement (License): Secured
- Opening party / launching party planning: In Progress
- 10 Steps on How to Get Financing for your RV Park Business - April 1, 2020
- 10 Steps on How to Change from Sole Proprietor to LLC in USA - March 31, 2020
- 20 Smart Tips on How to Sell Homemade Soap Online - March 31, 2020