Do you run an assisted living facility and want to promote it? If YES, here is a sample assisted living facility marketing plan template, strategies and ideas to attract clients. Okay, so we have considered all the requirements for starting an assisted living facility.
We also took it further by providing an in-depth sample assisted living facility business plan template. In this article, we will be analyzing and drafting a sample assisted living facility marketing plan backed up by actionable guerrilla marketing ideas for assisted living facilities. So put on your marketing hat and let’s proceed.
A Sample Assisted Living Facility Marketing Plan Template
1. Our Present Business Situation
Presently, we have legally registered our assisted living facility and we have acquired the required business license and all the necessary permits to run this type of business in the United States of America.
Our assisted living facility is located at 135 E John Carpenter 1400 Irving, Texas United States of America. We were able to secure a standard facility in a cozy and secured area in the heart of the city. Our facility will be equipped with everything that will make life comfortable for the elderly.
We will as build a fitness room and library. We will also install a free Wi-Fi that will enable our residents and guests surf the internet with their laptops free of charge, and there will be wireless access in all the public areas within the lodging facility.
Currently, we have concluded recruitment and training exercises of all the employees that will pioneer the business. We are set to open our assisted living facility on Saturday the 1st July, 2022 with an open house party for residents in the neighborhood.
2. Our Market Goals
Every business is supposed to have a marketing goal, and as a result, we have perfected our sales and marketing strategies.
We know that if we structure our business properly and have highly trained and motivated employees, we are likely going to meet or even surpass our set market/sales target of generating enough income/profits from our first three months of operation.
With the help of experts, we have been able to critically examine the assisted living facility industry with more emphasis on Texas and have analyzed our chances in the industry. Against this backdrop, we have been able to come up with the following marketing goals.
It is important to state that our marketing goals/projections are guided on the information we gathered from the field and from some workable assumptions as well.
- Accommodate a minimum of 50 residents in our assisted living facility on the first year
- Retain a minimum of 60 percent of the people that register in our assisted living facility and increase it by 10 percent every year.
- Generate a total income of 450,000 US dollar within the first year of setting up the business
- Generate a total income of 650,000 US dollars in our second year of running the business
- Generate a total income of one million US dollars in our third year of running the assisted living facility (business)
What we aim to achieve from our marketing efforts are as follows:
- To be listed among the top 5 assisted living facilities in the United States of America (within a 10 years benchmark)
- To become the number one choice when it comes to assisted living facility in Irwin and the whole of Texas
- To sell franchise of our assisted living facility/establish our assisted living facilities in key cities in the United States of America (5 years target)
- We want to build a self – sustaining and highly profitable assisted living facility business that will contribute to the growth of the economy of the United States of America.
3. Our Marketing Budget
Our marketing budget is influenced by our marketing strategies which is directed towards achieving specific objectives that support the strategic goals of the organization.
The truth is that all that we do will be geared towards creating new market channels, increasing sales and our market share. We will leverage on improving our services and facility to ensure that we win new clients and retain old residents.
Our marketing budget for our assisted living facility is put at 10,000 US dollars for the first year. Subsequently, we will budget between 5 and 10 percent of our annual income towards marketing and promoting our assisted living facility.
4. Our Target Market
The target market for our assisted living facility cuts across the aging population who might suffer from severe joint pains, and every other age category who falls under the conditions listed by the physician. Our assisted living facility will work towards providing services, facilities and environment that will help us reach out to our target market. These are the category of people that we intend marketing our assisted living facility to;
- The aging population
- The aged who might suffer from severe joint pains, and every other age category who fall under the conditions listed by the physician.
The Benefits Our Clients Stand to Gain When They Register in Our Assisted Living Facility
We are in business for the purpose of making profits and building long lasting relationship with everyone that registers in our assisted living facility.
We are quite aware that if our residents are satisfied with our assisted living facility, they will definitely remain loyal and perhaps encourage their friends, family residents and colleagues to register with us. In view of that, here are the benefits our residents stand to gain when they register in our assisted living facility:
- We have a management consultant who will work with individuals based on customized fitness and nutrition needs.
- Highly secured facility and enough parking space and competitive fees that they can get in the United States of America
- We will open 24 hours in a day and seven days in a week in order for us to be able to accommodate people with different time preference.
- Excellent customer service delivery at all times and of course freebies at regular intervals
- Good value for their money
Our Unique Selling Point; What Makes Our Assisted Living Facility to Our Competitions
One of our major goal of starting up our assisted living facility is to encourage families in Irving, Texas to place their aged parents and family members in an ideal facility. We have packages that are highly discounted. This is of course our major unique selling point and perhaps that is what makes our assisted living facility superior to our competitors.
One of the factors that will serve as a unique selling point for our assisted living facility is the fact that our facility is centrally located in a serene, cozy and secured area in Irving, Texas.
Our assisted living facility is well equipped with everything that will make life comfortable for the elderly. We have a fitness room and library. We will also install a free Wi-Fi that will enable our residents and guests surf the internet with their laptop in the room free of charge, and there will be wireless access in all the public area within the lodging facility.
We will work towards ensuring that we provide our clients /residents with a daily program of exercise and diet that perfectly suit their lifestyle and also to help them achieve their desired results and to help them create lasting healthy habits that will last them for life.
5. Strategic Marketing Alliance with Our Competitors
Forming strategic marketing alliance with a competitor does not always come easy because everybody that is in business is there basically because they want to make money. Making money for an ideal business person involves executing as much job as possible or selling as much products or services as possible or registering as much residents as possible.
When it comes to forming strategic marketing alliance with a competitor in the assisted living facility industry, it will obviously be as a result of inadequate financial capacity to equip the assisted living facility.
6. Creating Brand Identity for Our Assisted Living Facility
In recent times organizations spend more to create the brand identity that they want to be known for in the marketplace. The truth is that any business that wants to grow beyond the corner of the street must be ready and willing to utilize every available means to advertise and promote the business.
We intend growing our assisted living facility beyond Irving, Texas to other key cities in the United States of America which is why we have perfected plans to build our brand via every available means. Below are the platforms we intend to leverage on to promote and advertise our assisted living facility;
- Encourage our loyal customers to help us use Word of Mouth mode of advertisement (referrals)
- Advertise our assisted living facility in relevant magazines (family and health related magazine), local newspaper, local TV and radio stations
- List our assisted living facility on local directories (yellow pages ads)
- Leverage on the internet and social media platforms like; Instagram, Google+, LinkedIn, Badoo, Facebook, twitter, et al to promote our assisted living facility
- Install our BillBoards on strategic locations around Irving, Texas
- Direct coupon mailing approach to introduce our assisted living facility to residence and organizations in Irving, Texas
- Distribute our fliers and handbills in target areas in Irving, Texas and other neighboring cities
- Maximize our company’s website to promote our business
10 Questions We Intend Asking Clients During Market Survey
These are the 10 possible questions we are going to put forward when conducting marketing survey on our customers/clients:
- Are you satisfied with our assisted living facility and program?
- If you are not satisfied with our assisted living facility and program, in what areas would you want us to improve on going forward?
- What part of Irving do you reside, and can you conveniently locate our assisted living facility?
- Have you ever registered any family member in any assisted living facility before now?
- Would you like to register your aged parents or family members in our assisted living facility?
- How would you want us to communicate to you when we want to pass useful information that will be of benefit to you or someone you know? Through letters, text messages, e – mail, or via mobile apps (BBM, twitter, WhatsApp et al)
- What is the highest amount you are willing to pay as fee for an assisted living facility?
- What is the lowest amount you are willing to pay as fee for an assisted living facility?
- Can you comfortably recommend our assisted living facility to your family members, friends and colleagues who are looking towards registering in an assisted living facility?
- Are you satisfied with our customer service delivery? If no, what areas would you want us to improve on?
7. Our Retention Strategies (Ways to Improve Our Customer Experience)
No doubt, if a company is able to achieve over 60 percent retention, the company will sure experience huge turn over and such company can comfortably be classified as a thriving company. These are the methods we intend utilizing when it comes to improving our customer experience so that we can create a good impression:
- Ensure that we only qualified and highly trained staff and caregivers
- Ensure that our fee is highly competitive and we will create different packages for different class of clients
- Ensure we get feedbacks from our customers at all times
- We will create a system where points will be awarded to loyal customers – a point-based systems for redeemable rewards.
- Make use of effective customer relationship management (CRM) software to effectively manage our clientele base.
- Ensures that we carry our customers along when making decisions that directly affect them.
8. The Ways We Intend to Advertise/Promote Our Assisted Living Facility without Using the Internet
Here are the platforms we intend leveraging on when it comes to advertising and promoting our assisted living facility without making use of the internet;
- Place adverts on both print ( local newspapers and family and health related magazines) and electronic (radio and TV) media platforms
- Sponsor relevant community based programs
- List our assisted living facility on local directories (yellow pages ads)
- Place our billboards/sign post in strategic locations in Irving, Texas and neighboring cities
- Distribute our fliers and handbills in targeted areas/estates from time to time
- Direct coupon mailing approach to introduce our assisted living facility to residents and organizations in Irving, Texas.
9. These are the Ways We Intend to Advertise/Promote Our Assisted Living Facility on the Internet
It has been proven over and over again that the internet is the cheapest and most potent tool when it comes to advertising and promoting any business or cause. Which is why you can hardly find any company or organization that is serious about doing business not having an active internet presence.
We are serious about advertising and promoting our assisted living facility which is why we have decided to leverage on the internet to achieve our marketing goals and objectives. Here are ways we intending leveraging on the internet to advertise/promote our assisted living facility:
- Leverage on the internet and social media platforms like; Instagram, Flickr, Pinterest, LinkedIn, Facebook, twitter, YouTube, Google+, and Snapchat to promote our assisted living facility
- Design an interactive website and we will make use of the platform to promote our assisted living facility
- Place adverts on high traffic websites especially family and health related websites
- Engage in blogging (health and family related topics) and make use of the platform to promote our assisted living facility
- Leverage on email marketing strategy to advertise and promote our assisted living facility
10. Possible Ways We Intend Offering Incentives to Our Customers /Clients
It has been proven that any business that aims towards building a good relationship with its customers must be willing to give out mouth – watering incentives from time to time not only during special occasions.
Any company to gives out incentives on a regular basis will not only retain their customers, but they will also continue to attract new customers. So, we will go all out to continue to reward our loyal residents with incentives on a regular basis.
Part of the incentives that we intend dishing out to our highly esteemed residents is to give them discount whenever they renew their access fee with us or when they bring in new residents.
11. After Sales Service and Customer Support Services
We are not going to be selling anything hence there is no room for after sale service. As regards customer support services we are not going to handle it with slackness, we will maximize our customer relationship management software applications so as to keep in touch with all our residents’ family members.
We will make sure we carry them along when we have any promo that we know will benefit them and also to make sure they are satisfied with our services and to give them the opportunity to lodge their complaints if they do have any.
12. Creative Marketing ideas
Just like in other business ventures, assisted living facilities are always looking for ways to increase their market share; they go as far as signing deals with old people associations and NGOs that work with old people. It is a common trend that as assisted living facility grow, it becomes necessary for them to develop new service offerings or install new facilities that will help them attract more people.
Another creative marketing skill that is highly productive in the assisted living facility industry is leveraging on the internet.
The internet is perhaps one of the easiest ways you can reach out to a larger percentage of those who need your services. One good thing about the internet is that you can leverage on it to open a virtual tour of your assisted living facility.