Are you contemplating taking up a career as a professional makeup artist? If YES, here are 7 jaw dropping benefits of becoming a certified makeup artist.
Having carefully considered the following:
- Makeup Artist Job Description
- How Much Do Makeup Artist Make?
- Benefits of Being a Makeup Artist
- Facts, Figures, Labor Market Situation
- Tools of the Trade
- Educational Requirements
- Professional Bodies and Associations
- Career ideas for Makeup Artists
- Skills and Traits You Need to Succeed
I will now highlight the benefits of becoming a makeup artist, so that you will know what to expect while pursuing a career as a makeup artist.
Benefits of Becoming a Professional Makeup Artist
- You get to play: While the career as a makeup artist is definitely one filled with hard work, it’s also one filled with play and experimentation. Part of perfecting your craft includes experimenting with the products you have, products you don’t have, and all the different skin types and tones your clients may have.
- Meeting new people: No matter if you work with brides, theater actors, celebrities, or politicians, you’re bound to meet some amazing people. Many of the strongest friendships makeup artists have were formed while in the industry.
- Glamour: The glamour of being a makeup artist and working in the backstage hustle and bustle is attractive. This type of glamour isn’t easily accessible in many other careers, but goes hand-in-hand with those within the fashion and beauty industries.
- Make people feel beautiful: This is the best part of working as a makeup artist. You’ll get to leave your clients with a smile on their face and will get to make people feel beautiful.
- Traveling: Many makeup artists are asked to travel for work at least once in their career in makeup artistry, and often their travel costs are reimbursed. This means you might get to travel to places and cities you’ve always wanted to go, without spending a dime to get there.
- Recognition: As a makeup artist, you’ll likely have the opportunity to work on editorial makeup projects. This means you’ll be able to get your name into magazine credits! If a bride submits her photographs to a wedding photo website like Style Me Pretty or The Knot.
- Smiling to the bank: Makeup artistry is an industry that actually pays quite well. You can make a large amount per hour, which will add up to a substantial annual income – especially if you widen your skill set and offer editorial, evening, and other year-round makeup services. Bridal makeup is one of the best paying services as a makeup artist.
Factors Discouraging People from Becoming Makeup Artists
- Highly Competitive: The competition between make-up artists is so high and most time unhealthy. Swimming ahead of others in this profession is to be successfully assertive, consistent, and creative and get yourself noticed.
- No Working Schedule: There is no working schedule in this profession, a make-up artist may be asked to work even at night and very long hours. And if you start to murmur to clients about this, you maybe not been seen as unprofessional and increase the chances of not being hired again.
- PROBLEMS WITH REGULAR WORK: There may be problems with regular work, so keep on being on the go and always network. Also, you may find yourself idle when other individuals are busy.
Latest posts by Ajaero Tony Martins (see all)
- How Much Insurance Cost for Self Employed Hairdressers - April 2, 2020
- 9 Best Insurance Policies for Self Employed Hairdressers - April 2, 2020
- Getting HVAC Technician & Contractors License in Connecticut - April 2, 2020