As part of our plan to build a top flight community based cupcake baking and retailing business in Fairhope – Alabama, we have perfected plans to get it right from the onset which is why we are going the extra mile to ensure that we have competent employees to occupy all the available positions in our company.
The picture of the kind of community based cupcake baking and retailing business we intend building and the business goals we want to achieve is what informed the amount we are ready to spend to ensure that we build a standard in – house bakery, dedicated workforce and robust distribution network.
Below is the business structure that we will build Isabella House of Cupcakes™ on;
Our Business Structure
- Chief Executive Officer (Owner)
- Bakery Manager
- Human Resources and Admin Manager
- Sales and Marketing Officer
- Bakers/Casual Workers
- Customer Service Executives
Job Roles and Responsibilities
Table of Content
Chief Baker/Chief Executive Officer – CEO (Owner):
- Increases management’s effectiveness by recruiting, selecting, orienting, training, coaching, counseling, and disciplining managers; communicating values, strategies, and objectives; assigning accountabilities; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results; developing incentives; developing a climate for offering information and opinions; providing educational opportunities.
- Creating, communicating, and implementing the organization’s vision, mission, and overall direction – i.e. leading the development and implementation of the overall organization’s strategy.
- Responsible for fixing prices and signing business deals
- Responsible for providing direction for the business
- Creates, communicates, and implements the organization’s vision, mission, and overall direction – i.e. leading the development and implementation of the overall organization’s strategy.
- Responsible for signing checks and documents on behalf of the company
- Evaluates the success of the organization
- Responsible for overseeing the smooth running of the bakery
- Part of the team that determines the quantity of cupcakes that are to be produced daily
- Make lists and budget for bakery supplies
- Oversee the entire bakery process
- Responsible for training new bakers
- Makes sure that quality in maintained at all times
- Map out strategy that will lead to efficiency amongst workers in the bakery
- Responsible for training, evaluation and assessment of the workforce
- Ensures that the steady flow of both raw materials (flours, sugar, foils and other packaging materials et al) to the bakery and easy flow of finished products (cupcakes) through wholesale distributors and retailers to the market
- Ensures operation of equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; calling for repairs.
- Ensures that the bakery meets the expected safety and health standard at all times.
Human Resources and Admin Manager
- Responsible for overseeing the smooth running of HR and administrative tasks for the organization
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Enhances department and organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Defines job positions for recruitment and managing interviewing process
- Carries out staff induction for new team members
- Responsible for training, evaluation and assessment of employees
- Oversees the smooth running of the daily business activities.
Sales and Marketing Manager
- Manages external research and coordinate all the internal sources of information to retain the organizations’ best customers and attract new ones
- Model demographic information and analyze the volumes of transactional data generated by customer purchases
- Identifies, prioritizes, and reaches out to new partners, and business opportunities et al
- Responsible for supervising implementation, advocate for the customer’s needs, and communicate with customers
- Develops, executes and evaluates new plans for expanding increase sales
- Documents all customer contact and information
- Represents the company in strategic meetings
- Helps increase sales and growth for the company
- Responsible for preparing different flavor and style for cupcakes and all our bakery products
- Responsible for carrying out all casual or unskilled jobs in the bakery
- Responsible for operating sealing and packaging machines
- Handles any other duty as assigned by the bakery manager
- Responsible for preparing financial reports, budgets, and financial statements for the organization
- Provides managements with financial analyses, development budgets, and accounting reports; analyzes financial feasibility for the most complex proposed projects; conducts market research to forecast trends and business conditions.
- Responsible for financial forecasting and risks analysis.
- Performs cash management, general ledger accounting, and financial reporting
- Responsible for developing and managing financial systems and policies
- Responsible for administering payrolls
- Ensures compliance with taxation legislation
- Handles all financial transactions for the organization
- Serves as internal auditor for the organization
Distribution Van Drivers:
- Delivers customer’s orders promptly
- Runs errand for the organization
- Any other duty as assigned by the sales and marketing executive and bakery manager
Client Service Executive
- Ensures that all contacts with customer (e-mail, walk-In center, SMS or phone) provides the client with a personalized customer service experience of the highest level
- Through interaction with customers on the phone, uses every opportunity to build client’s interest in the company’s products and services
- Manages administrative duties assigned by the store manager in an effective and timely manner
- Consistently stays abreast of any new information on Isabella House of Cupcakes™ products, promotional campaigns etc. to ensure accurate and helpful information is supplied to customers when they make enquiries
- Responsible for cleaning the bakery facility at all times
- Ensure that toiletries and supplies don’t run out of stock
- Cleans both the interior and exterior of the bakery facility
- Any other duty as assigned by the bakery manager.