Do you want a high paying career that fits your caring personality? If YES, here are 50 best career ideas that involves helping people and pays well in 2020.
There is a group of people who are people-oriented and always driven by the desire to connect with other people, help them solve their problems, and support them whenever they are going through challenges that life may throw at them. If you belong to this group, then there is nothing you will love more than the opportunity to build a career out of helping people and making the world a better place.
You will also find it interesting to note that most of these careers command high annual incomes. For instance, Massage Therapists earn between $19,720 and $741,870 annually while Registered Nurses may earn as much as $102, 990 annually. These are jobs that are specifically targeted towards helping people.
In this article, you will find a list of 50 different career ideas that involves helping people, and can also earn you a decent income annually.
50 Best Career ideas That Involves Helping People in 2020
1. Medical Doctor: Imagine a world without medical doctors- many of us wouldn’t even be alive right now. One of the most important careers to humanity is medical doctoring as it helps to treat diseases, pain, and sufferings.
2. Registered Nurse: Nurses are just as important as Doctors- while doctors diagnose and prescribe treatments, it is the Nurse’s duty to administer these treatments and care for the patients on a more personal level.
3. Medical Assistant: Another important career in the medical field is medical assistance. Medical assistants help to carry out administrative tasks that facilitate treatment and healthcare in medical centers.
4. Physical Therapists: People who have been in accidents or who have somehow sustained injuries, might have difficulties coping with regular life activities. Physical therapists help to rehabilitate people in these conditions so that they can live normal lives again.
5. Dental Hygienist: You can help people develop and maintain healthy teeth and beautiful smiles by becoming a dental hygienist, plus dentists command a good average annual salary of around $147,000.
6. Nutritionist: Eating the right type of meals is very important for the overall health and well-being of people. You can help people plan their meals and make healthy food recommendations to heal and prevent diseases.
7. Fitness Expert: You can help people maintain good physical shape by becoming a fitness expert. You can work in gyms, clinics, hospitals or as a private fitness coach.
8. Home Health Aide: Home health aides work in senior care homes and assisted living centers. They help to bath, feed, and care for people who are not able to do it on their own.
9. Community Health Worker: Another career idea that involves helping people maintain good health and well-being is community health services. You can help treat sick people or help care for pregnant women and infants.
10. Social Worker: You can help protect and care for vulnerable and troubled children by becoming a social worker. You can also consider working as a clinical social worker who helps to diagnose and treat emotional and psychological issues in troubled children.
11. Addiction Recovery Specialist: Not every addict loves the situation, some of them are just helpless and don’t really know how they can break their addiction. You can help to rehabilitate such people- help them break their addictions and help them return to living a regular life.
12. Daycare Center: You can either set up a daycare center, or work as a daycare center manager. With this career, you can help parents and children at the same time.
13. Teacher: Getting the right education is very important because education is essential for people who need to pick up good careers in life. Teaching is one of the oldest professions in the world and even though it might not earn you too much money, you will find fulfillment in knowing that you helped shape a lot of destinies.
14. Corrections Officer: Corrections officers are very important in the rehabilitation and re-absorbing of condemned prisoners into the society. This job requires a lot of boldness and determination but you will be able to help a lot of people, and earn a decent income too.
15. Security Guard: You can help to protect people from thieves and other security risks by becoming a security guard. If you find becoming a security guard too challenging, you can consider selling security gadgets, tools, and installations.
16. Police Officer: You can also help to protect and maintain peace and security in the society by becoming a police officer. It is also a very interesting career that will allow you meet a lot of people and make connections with them.
17. Body Guard: If the idea of protecting high net worth individuals and celebrities sounds appealing to you, you can consider a career as a body guard. This job will earn you a decent income, access to a lot of high profile events and places, and the opportunity to meet and connect with other high net worth individuals.
18. Military Officer: This is more of a sacrifice than a job- military men help protect the sovereignty and integrity of a nation and its people. Without military men to protect us, we’ll all be in trouble, so if you are really passionate about protecting other people, this is a very good idea to consider. Plus you will also get to travel to different places and meet people from other countries and communities.
19. Researcher: Researchers are helpful in every industry- they discover potential problems and possible solutions to those problems. Researchers have something to do with any technology or facility we enjoy in the world today. If you like a job that allows you earn decent income working from home, this is the one for you.
20. Cosmetologist: When people look good, they are happy and more confident. Cosmetologists help people look good by taking care of their hair, skin, nails, and other parts of their bodies so that they can look and feel beautiful.
21. Esthetician: Estheticians specifically care for the nails. You can earn decent income from giving nail treatments, manicures, pedicures, and other nail-related services to people.
22. Cosmetic Surgeon: Cosmetic surgeons also help people to look beautiful. Aging and other life incidents can take its toll on a person’s body and make them feel less confident about their bodies. However, a cosmetic surgeon can help to adjust a person’s body, and make them feel good about themselves again.
23. Wardrobe/Style Consultant: This is another career that helps to boost people’s self-esteem and emotional well-being. You can help people select the right outfits for their body types, wardrobes, and events.
24. Human Resources Expert: You can help unemployed people find jobs, and help businesses fill up their vacancies with the right type of people who would perform well on the job.
25. Credit Counseling Services: Bad credit, poor financial management, and impulsive spending is a huge challenge for most people. You can help people avoid or manage these problems by offering credit counseling services.
26. Occupational Therapist: People must work to earn money but sometimes, work can take its toll on people and cause stress and other physical, psychological or mental health issues. Occupational health therapists help to design programs to prevent and manage such issues.
27. Marriage Counselor: Another career idea that revolves around helping people is becoming a marriage counselor. You can help save families and relationships by offering guidance and advice concerning marital issues.
28. Intelligence Analyst: Intelligence analysts help to gather information and analyze them in order to avert disasters and terrorist attacks.
29. Finance/Investment Manager: You can help people manage their money and investment portfolios in order to guarantee their financial security during financial emergencies or when they retire.
30. Legal Advocate: You can help people plead their cases and defend them from injustice. You can become a lawyer, a judge or a paralegal assistant if you can’t afford to pick up a law degree.
31. Retirement Counselor: Retirement is a very important time in a person’s life. A person may go through a lot of financial hardships in retirement if they don’t adequately plan for it the right way. You can embrace a career that helps people plan for their retirements so that they can always have enough money to spend when they retire.
32. School Counselor: You can offer students guidance on choosing the right career for them, or help them through any other challenges that they may be dealing with in their academic or personal lives. If you love helping young people, this is a good career option to consider.
33. Speech Therapist: Embrace a career that helps people overcome their speech problems so that they can communicate well and function normally in the society.
34. Pediatrician: No one likes to see children suffer- you can start a business that helps to diagnose, treat and prevent suffering in children.
35. Acupuncturist: Acupuncture has been proven to be an alternative remedy for several illnesses and health conditions. This is another great career idea for people who love to help prevent pain and suffering.
36. Behavioral Therapist: You can help troubled children and adults shape their behaviors and consequently, their futures by becoming a behavioral therapist.
37. Psychologist: Another career idea is to help people with mental health challenges get better. Such people are very vulnerable and need all the love and care they can get in order to become healthy again.
38. Librarian: You can help people gain access to important information, help researchers do their jobs easily, and help students to perform better by becoming a librarian.
39. Geriatrician: Another career idea is to become a Geriatrician which is essentially a medical expert who specializes in caring for aged people.
40. Academic Interventionist: Academic interventionists help people with learning disabilities overcome their challenges so that they can perform well educationally.
41. Fire Fighter: You can consider working for the fire department in your city to save and rescue people and their belongings from fire related emergencies.
42. Emergency Medical Technician/Paramedic: Another fulfilling career that involves rescuing people from emergencies is working for ambulance service operators. You can save people who have been in accidents or sustained injuries or trauma by administering first aid to them before they can get access to professional medical treatment.
43. Peace Corps Volunteer: The Peace Corps is a volunteer program run by the United States Government. For an annual salary of about $5,000, Peace Corps Volunteers work in different humanitarian roles including teaching, agriculture, environmental protection, security and other volunteer jobs that help to better the lives of people around them.
44. Self-Improvement Coach: As a self-improvement coach, your job will be to improve the lives of people around you by guiding them in the right direction – showing them how to break their bad habits, how to manage their time, stop procrastinating, and how to be the best versions of themselves.
45. Disability Claims Specialist: When someone suffers an injury that leads to disability through the actions of other negligent persons, they have the right to make claims for compensation from the offending party. As a Disability Claims Specialist, you will be able to help people make such claims so that they can live normal lives even after becoming physically challenged.
46. Customer Care Representative: You can help people understand how a product or service works, as well as help them solve any challenges that they might be facing with the products by working as a customer care representative.
47. Sexual Assault Response Coordinator: Most people who have just suffered from sexual assault are usually vulnerable, depressed and unhappy. You can work as a counselor who specializes in helping victims of sexual assault recover from the physical and emotional damage that has been done to them.
48. Phlebotomist: You can help collect blood from people who would like to donate their blood to save other people’s lives by working as a Phlebotomist.
49. Ambulance Drivers: Ambulance drivers are responsible for helping endangered people get to the hospital for treatment as fast as possible in order to avoid death and other serious health risks.
50. Explosives Worker: Explosives workers help to detect and detonate bombs in order to prevent accidents and save lives.
In conclusion, a career that involves helping people doesn’t have to be free or earn you paltry sums, and volunteering in homeless shelters is not the only way to help people- you can dedicate your whole life to helping people by embracing any of these careers, and still earn a decent living while you are at it.
- How to Get HVAC Technician & Contractors License in Arkansas - March 22, 2020
- How to Get HVAC Technician & Contractors License in Alabama - March 22, 2020
- 50 Best Recession Proof Business ideas & Industries for 2020 - March 22, 2020