Are you about starting a cosmetic line? If YES, here is a complete sample cosmetic line business plan template & feasibility report you can use for FREE. Cosmetic and beauty products are products that are used in all parts of the world and of course those that are in the business of producing cosmetics and beauty products, are known to generate sales year in year out if the business is well – managed.
As a matter of fact, economic downturn hardly affects the consumption of cosmetic and beauty products simply because it is a commodity that plays a major role in our daily living.
A Sample Cosmetic Line Business Plan Template
Table of Content
- 2. Executive Summary
- 5. Job Roles and Responsibilities
- 6. SWOT Analysis
- 7. MARKET ANALYSIS
- 13. Startup Expenditure (Budget)
1. Industry Overview
Cosmetic and beauty products manufacturers basically prepare, blend, compound and package beauty products and cosmetics for their clients. Cosmetic and beauty products included in this industry are perfumes, makeup items, hair preparations, face creams, lotions and other toiletries.
Inconsistent incomes do not really affect cosmetics, but essential goods, such as shampoo, experience steadier demand. The revenue generated in this industry has increased steadily in recent years, as some of the industry’s largest export partners began to experience post – recessionary growth. Going forward, the industry’s diverse product lines and commitment to research and development will keep revenue growth stable.
The Cosmetic & Beauty Products Manufacturing Industry is a thriving sector of the economy of the united states of America and they generates a whooping sum of well over billion annually from more than 3,361 registered and licensed cosmetics & beauty product manufacturing companies scattered all around the United States of America.
The industry is responsible for the employment of well over 51,263 people. Experts project the industry to grow at a -1.8 percent annual rate from 2011 to 2016. Estee Lauder, Mary Kay and L’Oreal USA, Inc. have the lion market share in the Cosmetic & Beauty Products manufacturing industry in the United States of America and in some other countries.
Research conducted by IBISWORLD shows that the Cosmetic and Beauty Products manufacturing industry is in the growth phase of its life cycle, though it is likely to enter the mature phase in the near future. Industry value added, a measure of the industry’s contribution to the overall economy, is forecast to grow at an average annual rate of 0.7 percent in the 10 years to 2021.
This rate is significantly slower than GDP growth, which is anticipated to increase at an average annual rate of 2.2 percent during the same period. While IVA growth slower than GDP growth is typically indicative of an industry in the mature or declining stage of its life cycle, the Cosmetic and Beauty Products Manufacturing industry is still growing as it is still experiencing high rates of industry entrants and product development.
With this kind of business, if you want to start on a small scale, you can choose to start servicing your city and state. All you would need is contacts, packaging, networking and good marketing and customer service skills. However, if you intend starting it on a large scale, then you should consider spreading beyond your city to state level and even national level.
Over and above, the Cosmetic and Beauty Products Manufacturing industry is a profitable industry and it is open for any aspiring entrepreneur to come in and establish his or her business and still compete for the available market and make profits.
2. Executive Summary
Yvonne Stallone® Cosmetic Line, LLC is a licensed and standard cosmetic & beauty care manufacturing company that will be located in an industrial area in Hartford – Connecticut. We have been able to secure a long term lease for a facility in a strategic location with an option of a long term renewal on an agreed terms and conditions that is favorable to us.
The facility has government approval for the kind of business we want to run and it is easily accessible and we are deliberate about that to facilitate easy movement of raw materials (chemicals and packaging containers) and finished products (cosmetics and beauty products).
We are in the cosmetic & beauty care manufacturing business to engage in the production of skin care products, perfumes and colognes, hair care products and cosmetics et al. We are also in business to make profits at the same to give our customers value for their money; we want to give people and businesses who patronize our cosmetic & beauty care products the opportunity to be part of the success story.
We are aware that there are several big scale and small scale cosmetic and beauty care product manufacturing companies scattered all around the United States and Canada whose products can be found in every nooks and crannies of The United States and Canada, which is why we spent time and resources to conduct our feasibility studies and market survey so as to enable us locate the business in an area that will support the growth of the business and also for us to be able offer much more than our competitors will be offering.
We ensured that our facility is easy to locate and we have mapped out plans to develop a wide distribution network for wholesalers all around Hartford – Connecticut and the United States of America.
Much more than producing quality and safe cosmetic and beauty products, our customer care is going to be second to none. We know that our customers are the reason why we are in business which is why we will go the extra mile to get them satisfied when they visit purchase any of our bottled water and also to become our loyal customers and ambassadors.
Yvonne Stallone® Cosmetic Line, LLC will ensure that all our customers (wholesale distributors) are given first class treatment whenever they visit our factory. We have a CRM software that will enable us manage a one on one relationship with our customers (wholesale distributors) no matter how large the numbers of our customer base may grow to.
We will ensure that we get our customers involved when making some business decisions that will directly or indirectly affect them. Yvonne Stallone® Cosmetic Line, LLC is family business that will be owned by Yvonne Stallone and her immediate family members. Mrs. Yvonne Stallone who is the Chief Executive Officer of the Company is Graduate of Cosmetology and she holds a Master’s Degree in Business Management (MBA).
She has well over 10 years of experience working in related industry as a senior manager prior to starting Yvonne Stallone® Cosmetic Line, LLC. She will be working with a team of professionals to build the business and grow it to enviably height.
3. Our Products and Services
Yvonne Stallone® Cosmetic Line, LLC is going to run a standard and licensed cosmetic and beauty care product manufacturing company whose products will not only be sold in Hartford – Connecticut but also throughout the United States of America and Canada.
We are in the cosmetic & beauty care product manufacturing industry to make profits and also to give our customers value for their money. We will ensure that we do all that is permitted by the law in the United States of America to accomplish our business goal and objective. These are some of the products that we will be offering;
- Manufacturing natural and synthetic perfumes
- Manufacturing shaving cream, shaving preparations and aftershave products
- Manufacturing hair care products
- Manufacturing face and body creams, beauty creams or lotions and hand cream or lotions
- Manufacturing sunscreen products
- Manufacturing cosmetics, including face powders, eye shadows, lipsticks and mascaras
- Manufacturing bath salts and talcum powders
- Manufacturing deodorants and depilatory products
- Manufacturing nail care preparations and nail polishes
- Manufacturing toilet cream or lotions
4. Our Mission and Vision Statement
- Our vision is to establish standard cosmetic and beauty care product manufacturing Company whose products will be not only be sold in Hartford – Connecticut, but also throughout the United States of America and Canada.
- Our mission is to establish a standard and world class cosmetic and beauty care product manufacturing Company that in our own capacity will favorably compete with leaders in the industry.
- We want to build a business that will be listed amongst the top 20 cosmetic and beauty care brands in the United States of America and Canada.
Our Business Structure
Yvonne Stallone® Cosmetic Line, LLC is a business that is established with the aim of competing favorably with other leading cosmetic and beauty care product brands in the industry. This is why we will ensure that we put the right structure in place that will support the kind of growth that we have in mind while setting up the business.
We will ensure that we only hire people that are qualified, honest, hardworking, customer centric and are ready to work to help us build a prosperous business that will benefit all the stake holders (the owners, workforce, and customers).
As a matter of fact, profit-sharing arrangement will be made available to all our senior management staff and it will be based on their performance for a period of five years or more depending how fast we meet our set target. In view of that, we have decided to hire qualified and competent hands to occupy the following positions;
- Chief Executive Officer (Owner)
- Plant Manager
- Human Resources and Admin Manager
- Merchandize Manager
- Sales and Marketing Manager
- Machine Operators
- Accountants / Cashiers
- Distribution Truck Drivers
5. Job Roles and Responsibilities
Chief Executive Officer – CEO (Owner):
- Increases management’s effectiveness by recruiting, selecting, orienting, training, coaching, counseling, and disciplining managers; communicating values, strategies, and objectives; assigning accountabilities; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results; developing incentives; developing a climate for offering information and opinions; providing educational opportunities.
- Creates, communicates, and implements the organization’s vision, mission, and overall direction – i.e. leading the development and implementation of the overall organization’s strategy.
- Responsible for fixing prices and signing business deals
- Responsible for providing direction for the business
- Creates, communicates, and implements the organization’s vision, mission, and overall direction – i.e. leading the development and implementation of the overall organization’s strategy.
- Responsible for signing checks and documents on behalf of the company
- Evaluates the success of the organization.
- Responsible for overseeing the smooth running of the cosmetic and beauty product manufacturing plant
- Part of the team that determines the quantity of cosmetic and beauty care products that are to be produced
- Maps out strategy that will lead to efficiency amongst workers in the plant
- Responsible for training, evaluation and assessment of plant workers
- Ensures that the steady flow of both raw materials to the plant and easy flow of finished products through wholesale distributors to the market
- Ensures operation of equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; calling for repairs.
- Ensures that the plant meets the expected safety and health standard at all times.
Human Resources and Admin Manager
- Responsible for overseeing the smooth running of HR and administrative tasks for the organization
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Enhances department and organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Defines job positions for recruitment and managing interviewing process
- Carries out staff induction for new team members
- Responsible for training, evaluation and assessment of employees
- Oversees the smooth running of the daily office and factory activities.
- Manages vendor relations, market visits, and the ongoing education and development of the organizations’ buying teams
- Responsible for the purchase of raw materials and packaging materials
- Responsible for planning sales, monitoring inventory, selecting the merchandise, and writing and pricing orders to vendors
- Ensures that the organization operates within stipulated budget.
Sales and Marketing Manager
- Manages external research and coordinate all the internal sources of information to retain the organizations’ best customers and attract new ones
- Models demographic information and analyze the volumes of transactional data generated by customer purchases
- Identifies, prioritizes, and reach out to new partners, and business opportunities et al
- Responsible for supervising implementation, advocate for the customer’s needs, and communicate with clients
- Develops, executes and evaluates new plans for expanding increase sales
- Documents all customer contact and information
- Represents the company in strategic meetings
- Helps to increase sales and growth for the company
Accountant / Cashier
- Responsible for preparing financial reports, budgets, and financial statements for the organization
- Provides managements with financial analyses, development budgets, and accounting reports; analyzes financial feasibility for the most complex proposed projects; conducts market research to forecast trends and business conditions.
- Responsible for financial forecasting and risks analysis.
- Performs cash management, general ledger accounting, and financial reporting
- Responsible for developing and managing financial systems and policies
- Responsible for administering payrolls
- Ensures compliance with taxation legislation
- Handles all financial transactions for the organization
- Serves as internal auditor for the organization
Client Service Executive
- Welcomes guests and clients by greeting them in person or on the telephone; answering or directing inquiries.
- Ensures that all contacts with clients (e-mail, walk-In center, SMS or phone) provides the client with a personalized customer service experience of the highest level
- Through interaction with clients on the phone, uses every opportunity to build client’s interest in the company’s products and services
- Manages administrative duties assigned by the manager in an effective and timely manner
- Consistently stays abreast of any new information on the company’s products, promotional campaigns etc. to ensure accurate and helpful information is supplied to clients
- Receives parcels / documents for the company
- Distributes mails in the organization
- Handles any other duties as assigned my the line manager
Production Workers / Machine Operators:
- Responsible for preparing, blending, compounding and packaging cosmetics and beauty care products
- Handles labeling of cosmetics and beauty care products
- Operates machines used in the manufacturing natural and synthetic perfumes, shaving cream, shaving preparations and aftershave products, hair care products, face and body creams, beauty creams or lotions and hand cream or lotions, sunscreen products, and cosmetics, including face powders, eye shadows, lipsticks and mascaras
- Operates machines used in the manufacturing bath salts and talcum powders, deodorants and depilatory products, nail care preparations and nail polishes and toilet cream or lotions
- Assists in packaging and loading cosmetic and beauty care products into distribution trucks
Distribution Truck Drivers
- Assists in loading and unloading cosmetic and beauty care products
- Maintains a logbook of their driving activities to ensure compliance with federal regulations governing the rest and work periods for operators.
- Keeps a record of vehicle inspections and make sure the truck is equipped with safety equipment
- Assists the transport and logistics manager in planning their route according to a delivery schedule.
- Local-delivery drivers may be required to sell products or services to stores and businesses on their route, obtain signatures from recipients and collect cash.
- Transports finished goods and raw materials over land to and from manufacturing plants or retail and distribution centers
- Inspect vehicles for mechanical items and safety issues and perform preventative maintenance
- Complies with truck driving rules and regulations (size, weight, route designations, parking, break periods etc.) as well as with company policies and procedures
- Collects and verify delivery instructions
- Report defects, accidents or violations
6. SWOT Analysis
We are quite aware that there are several cosmetics and beauty care product manufacturing companies both large and small in the United States of America and Canada which is why we are following the due process of establishing a business so as to compete favorable with them.
We know that if a proper SWOT analysis is conducted for our business, we will be able to position our business to maximize our strength, leverage on the opportunities that will be available to us, mitigate our risks and be welled equipped to confront our threats.
Yvonne Stallone® Cosmetic Line, LLC employed the services of an expert HR and Business Analyst with bias in start – up business to help us conduct a thorough SWOT analysis and to help us create a Business model that will help us achieve our business goals and objectives. This is the summary of the SWOT analysis that was conducted for Yvonne Stallone® Cosmetic Line, LCC;
Part of what is going to count as positives for Yvonne Stallone® Cosmetic Line, LCC is the vast experience of our management team, we have people on board who are highly experienced and understands how to grow business from the scratch to becoming a national phenomenon.
So also, the wide varieties of cosmetics and beauty care products that we produce, our large national distribution network and of course our excellent customer service culture will definitely count as a strong strength for the business.
A major weakness that may count against us is the fact that we are a new bottled water production company and we don’t have the financial capacity to engage in the kind of publicity that we intend giving the business especially when big names like Estee Lauder, Mary Kay and L’Oreal USA, Inc. et al are already determining the direction of the market both in the United States and in the global market.
The opportunities available for cosmetics and beauty care products manufacturing companies with a wide range of products are enormous. This is due to the fact that almost all Americans and people from all over the world make use of cosmetics and beauty care products regularly.
As a result of that, we were able to conduct a thorough market survey and feasibility studies so as to position our business to take advantage of the existing market for cosmetics and beauty care products and also to create our own new market. We know that it is going to requires hard work, and we are determined to achieve it.
We are quite aware that just like any other business, one of the major threats that we are likely going to face is economic downturn and unfavorable government policies. It is a fact that economic downturn affects purchasing power. Another threat that may likely confront us is the arrival of a new cosmetics and beauty care product manufacturing company in same location where ours is located.
7. MARKET ANALYSIS
- Market Trends
If you are conversant with the existing trend in the cosmetic & beauty care products manufacturing industry, you will quite agree that despite the fact that there are competitions in different stages of the industry. That is competitions amongst bigger corporations such as Estee Lauder, Mary Kay and L’Oreal USA, Inc. and also competitions amongst smaller and medium scale cosmetic and beauty care product manufacturing companies.
Most cosmetic and beauty care products manufacturing company are leveraging on creativity in terms of packaging and marketing to continue to stay afloat in the industry.
Another trend in this industry is the exploration of safer raw materials for the production of cosmetic and beauty care products. The truth is that people all over the world are looking for cosmetics and beauty care products that contain less chemical hence the increase in demand for cosmetics and beauty care products that are produced from herbal raw materials.
Lastly, the cosmetic and beauty care products manufacturing industry is the adoption of eco – friendly approach towards the production and packaging of its products. As a matter of fact, the industry’s adoption of eco-friendly practices will likely persuade environmentally conscious consumers to buy its products, while increasing operators’ efficiency.
8. Our Target Market
When it comes to selling cosmetics and beauty care products, there is indeed a wide range of available customers. In essence, our target market can’t be restricted to just a group of people, but all those who resides in our target market locations.
In view of that, we have conducted our market research and we have ideas of what our target market would be expecting from us. We are in business to engage in wholesale distribution and to retail cosmetics and beauty care products to the following groups of people;
- Corporate Executives
- Government Officials
- Business People
- Military Men and Women
- Sports Men and Women
- Everybody in our target market location
A close study of the cosmetic and beauty care products manufacturing industry reveals that the market has become much more intensely competitive over the last decade. As a matter of fact, you have to be highly creative, customer centric and proactive if you must survive in this industry.
We are aware of the stiffer competition and we are well prepared to compete favorably with other cosmetic and beauty care product manufacturing companies in Hartford – Connecticut and throughout the United States and Canada.
Yvonne Stallone® Cosmetic Line, LLC is launching a standard cosmetic and beauty care product brand that will indeed become the preferred choice of residence of Hartford – Connecticut and every city where our cosmetic and beauty care product will be retailed.
Part of what is going to count as competitive advantage for Yvonne Stallone® Cosmetic Line, LCC is the vast experience of our management team, we have people on board who are highly experienced and understands how to grow business from the scratch to becoming a national phenomenon.
So also, the wide varieties of cosmetic and beauty care products that we produce our large national distribution network and of course our excellent customer service culture will definitely count as a strong strength for the business.
Lastly, our employees will be well taken care of, and their welfare package will be among the best within our category (startups cosmetic and beauty care products manufacturing companies) in the bottled water industry, meaning that they will be more than willing to build the business with us and help deliver our set goals and achieve all our aims and objectives. We will also give good working conditions and commissions to freelance sales agents that we will recruit from time to time.
9. SALES AND MARKETING STRATEGY
- Sources of Income
Yvonne Stallone® Cosmetic Line, LLC is established with the aim of maximizing profits in the cosmetic and beauty care product manufacturing industry in both the United States of America and Canada and we are going to go all the way to ensure that we do all it takes to sell a wide range of cosmetic and beauty care products to a wide range of customers.
Yvonne Stallone® Cosmetic Line, LLC will generate income by selling the following products;
- Natural and synthetic perfumes
- Shaving cream, shaving preparations and aftershave products
- Hair care products
- Face and body creams, beauty creams and lotions and hand cream or lotions
- Sunscreen products
- Cosmetics, including face powders, eye shadows, lipsticks and mascaras
- Bath salts and talcum powders
- Deodorants and depilatory products
- Nail care preparations and nail polishes
- Toilet cream and lotions
10. Sales Forecast
One thing is certain when it comes to cosmetic and beauty care product manufacturing business, if your products are well – packaged and branded and if your production plant is centrally positioned and easily accessible, you will always attract customers cum sales and that will sure translate to increase in revenue generation for the business.
We are well positioned to take on the available market in Hartford – Connecticut and every city where our cosmetics and products care will be sold and we are quite optimistic that we will meet our set target of generating enough income / profits from the first six month of operations and grow the business and our clientele base.
We have been able to critically examine the cosmetic and beauty care products manufacturing industry and we have analyzed our chances in the industry and we have been able to come up with the following sales forecast. The sales projections are based on information gathered on the field and some assumptions that are peculiar to startups in Hartford – Connecticut.
Below is the sales projection for Yvonne Stallone® Cosmetic Line, LLC, it is based on the location of our business and other factors as it relates to small scale and medium scale cosmetic and beauty care products manufacturing company start – ups in the United States;
- First Fiscal Year-: $250,000
- Second Fiscal Year-: $550,000
- Third Fiscal Year-: $950,000
N.B: This projection is done based on what is obtainable in the industry and with the assumption that there won’t be any major economic meltdown and there won’t be any major competitor offering same products and customer care services as we do within same location. Please note that the above projection might be lower and at the same time it might be higher.
- Marketing Strategy and Sales Strategy
Before choosing a location for Yvonne Stallone® Cosmetic Line, LLC and also the kind of cosmetic and beauty care products we produce, we conduct a thorough market survey and feasibility studies in order for us to be able to be able to penetrate the available market in our target market locations.
We have detailed information and data that we were able to utilize to structure our business to attract the numbers of customers we want to attract per time and also for our products to favorable compete with other leading brands in the United States of America and Canada.
We hired experts who have good understanding of the cosmetic and beauty care product manufacturing industry to help us develop marketing strategies that will help us achieve our business goal of winning a larger percentage of the available market in Hartford – Connecticut and other cities in the United States of America and Canada.
In other to continue to be in business and grow, we must continue to sell our products to the available market which is why we will go all out to empower or sales and marketing team to deliver our corporate sales goals. In summary, Yvonne Stallone® Cosmetic Line, LLC will adopt the following sales and marketing approach to sell our distilled alcoholic drinks;
- Introduce our cosmetic and beauty care products brand by sending introductory letters to residence, merchants, retailers and other stakeholders in Hartford – Connecticut and other cities both in the United States of America and Canada
- Open our cosmetic and beauty care products with a party so as to capture the attention of residence who are our first targets
- Engage in road show in targeted communities from time to time to sell our products
- Advertise our products in community based newspapers, local TV and radio stations
- List our business and products on yellow pages ads (local directories)
- Leverage on the internet to promote our cosmetic and beauty care product brands
- Engage in direct marketing and sales
- Encourage the use of Word of mouth marketing (referrals)
11. Publicity and Advertising Strategy
Despite the fact that our bottled water production plant is a standard one with a wide range of cosmetic and beauty care products that can favorably compete with other leading brands, we will still go ahead to intensify publicity for all our products and brand. We are going to explore all available means to promote Yvonne Stallone® Cosmetic Line, LLC.
Yvonne Stallone® Cosmetic Line, LLC has a long term plan of distributing our cosmetic and beauty care products in various locations all around the United States of America and Canada which is why we will deliberately build our brand to be well accepted in Hartford – Connecticut before venturing out.
As a matter of fact, our publicity and advertising strategy is not solely for selling our products but to also effectively communicate our brand. Here are the platforms we intend leveraging on to promote and advertise Yvonne Stallone® Cosmetic Line, LLC;
- Place adverts on both print (community based newspapers and magazines) and electronic media platforms
- Sponsor relevant community programs
- Leverage on the internet and social media platforms like; Instagram, Facebook , twitter, et al to promote our cosmetic and beauty care product brand
- Install our Bill Boards on strategic locations all around major cities in the United States of America and Canada
- Engage in road show from time to time in targeted communities
- Distribute our fliers and handbills in target areas
- Position our Flexi Banners at strategic positions in the location where we intend getting customers to start patronizing our products.
- Ensure that our products are well branded and that all our staff members wear our customized clothes, and all our official cars and distribution vans are customized and well branded.
12. Our Pricing Strategy
When it comes to pricing for products such as cosmetics and beauty care product, there are two sides to the coin. We are aware of the pricing trend in the cosmetic and beauty care products manufacturing industry which is why we have decided to produce various sizes of cosmetics and beauty care products.
In view of that, our prices will conform to what is obtainable in the industry but will ensure that within the first 6 to 12 months our products are sold a little bit below the average prices of various cosmetic and beauty care product brands in the United States of America. We have put in place business strategies that will help us run on low profits for a period of 6 months; it is a way of encouraging people to buy into our cosmetic and beauty care product brands.
- Payment Options
The payment policy adopted by Yvonne Stallone® Cosmetic Line, LCC is all inclusive because we are quite aware that different customers prefer different payment options as it suits them but at the same time, we will ensure that we abide by the financial rules and regulation of the United States of America.
Here are the payment options that Yvonne Stallone® Cosmetic Line, LCC will make available to her clients;
- Payment via bank transfer
- Payment with cash
- Payment via credit cards / Point of Sale Machines (POS Machines)
- Payment via online bank transfer
- Payment via check
- Payment via mobile money transfer
- Payment via bank draft
In view of the above, we have chosen banking platforms that will enable our client make payment for farm produces purchase without any stress on their part. Our bank account numbers will be made available on our website and promotional materials to clients who may want to deposit cash or make online transfer for our products.
13. Startup Expenditure (Budget)
Starting a standard cosmetic and beauty care manufacturing company is indeed a capital intensive business. This is so because the amount required in setting up a cosmetics and beauty care production plant is not a piecemeal. The bulk of the start – up capital will be sent on leasing or acquiring a facility and also in purchasing mixing, blending, compounding and packaging equipment.
Aside from that, you are not expected to spend much except for purchase and servicing of distribution trucks, purchasing raw materials, paying of your employees and utility bills. This is the key areas where we will spend our start – up capital;
- The Total Fee for Registering the Business in the United States of America – $750.
- Legal expenses for obtaining licenses and permits as well as the accounting services (software, P.O.S machines and other software) – $1,300.
- Marketing promotion expenses for the grand opening of Yvonne Stallone® Cosmetic Line, Lacing the amount of $3,500 and as well as flyer printing (2,000 flyers at $0.04 per copy) for the total amount of – $3,580.
- Cost for hiring Business Consultant – $2,500.
- Insurance (general liability, workers’ compensation and property casualty) coverage at a total premium – $2,400.
- Cost for payment of rent for 12 month at $1.76 per square feet in the total amount of $105,600.
- Cost for construction of a standard cosmetic and beauty care production plant – $100,000.
- Other start-up expenses including stationery ($500) and phone and utility deposits ($2,500).
- Operational cost for the first 3 months (salaries of employees, payments of bills et al) – $100,000
- The cost for Start-up inventory (raw materials, and packaging materials et al) – $80,000
- Cost for store equipment (cash register, security, ventilation, signage) – $13,750
- Cost of purchase of distribution vans – $60,000
- The cost for the purchase of furniture and gadgets (Computers, Printers, Telephone, Fax Machines, tables and chairs et al) – $4,000.
- The cost of Launching a Website – $600
- The cost for our opening party – $10,000
- Miscellaneous – $10,000
We would need an estimate of $500,000 to successfully set up our cosmetic and beauty care products production plant in Hartford – Connecticut. Please note that this amount includes the salaries of all the staff for the first 3 month of operation.
Generating Funds / Startup Capital for Yvonne Stallone® Cosmetic Line, LLC
Yvonne Stallone® Cosmetic Line, LLC is a family business that is owned and financed by Yvonne Stallone and her immediate family members. They do not intend to welcome any external business partner which is why he has decided to restrict the sourcing of the start – up capital to 3 major sources.
These are the areas we intend generating our start – up capital;
- Generate part of the start – up capital from personal savings and sell of stocks
- Source for soft loans from family members and friends
- Apply for loan from my Bank
N.B: We have been able to generate about $200,000 (Personal savings $150,000 and soft loan from family members $50,000) and we are at the final stages of obtaining a loan facility of $300,000 from our bank. All the papers and document have been signed and submitted, the loan has been approved and any moment from now our account will be credited with the amount.
14. Sustainability and Expansion Strategy
The future of a business lies in the numbers of loyal customers that they have the capacity and competence of the employees, their investment strategy and the business structure. If all of these factors are missing from a business (company), then it won’t be too long before the business close shop.
One of our major goals of starting Yvonne Stallone® Cosmetic Line, LLC is to build a business that will survive off its own cash flow without the need for injecting finance from external sources once the business is officially running.
We know that one of the ways of gaining approval and winning customers over is to retail our cosmetics and beauty care products a little bit cheaper than what is obtainable in the market and we are well prepared to survive on lower profit margin for a while.
Yvonne Stallone® Cosmetic Line, LLC will make sure that the right foundation, structures and processes are put in place to ensure that our staff welfare are well taken of. Our company’s corporate culture is designed to drive our business to greater heights and training and re – training of our workforce is at the top burner.
As a matter of fact, profit-sharing arrangement will be made available to all our management staff and it will be based on their performance for a period of three years or more. We know that if that is put in place, we will be able to successfully hire and retain the best hands we can get in the industry; they will be more committed to help us build the business of our dreams.
Check List / Milestone
- Business Name Availability Check: Completed
- Business Registration: Completed
- Opening of Corporate Bank Accounts: Completed
- Securing Point of Sales (POS) Machines: Completed
- Opening Mobile Money Accounts: Completed
- Opening Online Payment Platforms: Completed
- Application and Obtaining Tax Payer’s ID: In Progress
- Application for business license and permit: Completed
- Purchase of Insurance for the Business: Completed
- Leasing of facility and construction of standard cosmetic and beauty care plant: In Progress
- Conducting Feasibility Studies: Completed
- Generating capital from family members and friends: Completed
- Applications for Loan from the bank: In Progress
- writing of business plan: Completed
- Drafting of Employee’s Handbook: Completed
- Drafting of Contract Documents and other relevant Legal Documents: In Progress
- Design of The Company’s Logo: Completed
- Graphic Designs and Printing of Packaging Marketing / Promotional Materials: In Progress
- Recruitment of employees: In Progress
- Purchase of the Needed furniture, racks, shelves, computers, electronic appliances, office appliances and CCTV: In progress
- Creating Official Website for the Company: In Progress
- Creating Awareness for the business both online and around the community: In Progress
- Health and Safety and Fire Safety Arrangement (License): Secured
- Opening party / launching party planning: In Progress
- Establishing business relationship with vendors – wholesale suppliers / merchants: In Progress
- Can You Buy Alcohol With a Vertical License or Paper License? - July 2, 2021
- How Long Does It Take for an EIN to Become Active? - July 2, 2021
- How to Cancel My EIN Number? - July 2, 2021