Do you want to start a paintball business and want to know the cost? If YES, here is a cost breakdown for opening a paintball business and the profit margin/ROI. The Paintball Fields industry consist of establishments that provide recreational paintball and other amusement services. Paintball is a sport in which players compete, either in teams or individually, to eliminate opponents by hitting them with gelatin capsules containing water soluble dye (i.e. paintballs) propelled from paintball guns.
The Paintball Fields industry will continue to blossom because people and organizations will not relent in ensuring that they have the required skills needed to perform their duty especially for the purpose of security, hunting and sports.
Paintball technology is also used by military forces, law enforcement, para-military and security organizations to supplement military training, as well as playing a role in riot response, and non-lethal suppression of dangerous suspects. Despite the fact that the industry seems over – regulated, there is still room big enough to accommodate aspiring entrepreneurs.
Paintball game centers all over the world are still enjoying good patronage particularly if they are well positioned and if they know how to network with stakeholders and reach out to their target market.
The Estimated Cost Breakdown to Open a Paintball Game Center
It is important to state that the real deal when it comes to starting a paintball game center is securing a facility that is large enough to contain not just the field of play and locker rooms and spectator stands, but also a restaurant, a place where parents/guardians can hangout while the wards catch fun and of course enough parking space.
Please note that ideally, paintball game centers save money by buying or renting a location in a commercial real estate area and purchasing low-energy air weapons called paintball markers directly from manufacturers. These are the key areas where you are expected to spend your start-up capital;
- The total fee for registering the business in the united states of America – 0.
- Legal expenses for obtaining licenses and permits as well as the accounting services (software, P.O.S machines and other software) – $3,300.
- Marketing promotion expenses for the grand opening of the paintball game arena in the amount of $3,500 and as well as flyer printing (2,000 flyers at $0.04 per copy) for the total amount of $3,580.
- The total cost for hiring a business consultant including writing a business plan – $5,500.
- The total cost for the purchase of insurance (general liability, workers’ compensation and property casualty) coverage at a total premium – $10,500.
- The cost for renting or leasing a space or property that will be converted into the paintball game arena and that can accommodate the number of guests that will come in per – time (Re – construction of the facility inclusive) will cost – $2 million
- Other start-up expenses including stationery ($500) and phone and utility deposits ($2,500) – $3,000
- Operational cost for the first 3 months (salaries of employees, payments of bills et al) – $80,000
- The cost for store equipment (cash register, security, ventilation, signage) – $1,750
- The cost of purchase and installation of CCTVs: $2,000
- Equipping the paintball game arena (different sizes of low-energy air weapons called paintball markers that are powered by compressed air (nitrogen) or carbon dioxide, gelatin capsules containing water soluble dye (i.e. paintballs), paintball guns for rent, safety gadgets, sound system, DVD players, Flat Screen TVs, computers, furniture, telephones, filing cabinets, and electronics) will cost – $40,000
- The cost of launching a website: $600
- The cost for our opening party: $3,000
- Miscellaneous: $2,000
From the rough estimate as listed above, you would need a minimum of two million, three hundred and forty – five thousand eight hundred and eighty USD ($2,345,880) to establish a medium – scale but standard single surface paintball game arena business in any city in the United States of America. Please note that this amount includes the salaries of staff for the first three months of operation.
Please note that this is a rough estimate and we usually advise our readers who are interested in opening a paintball game arena to go to the market or directly contact contractors, wholesalers and suppliers of the types of paintball game equipment and safety gadgets they want in order to get the real time prices of these items. The truth is that if you are a good bargainer, you can get a better deal that will help you beat down the estimated price as listed above.