Do you want to start an egg tray production company? If YES, here is a sample egg tray manufacturing business plan template & FREE feasibility report.
Egg trays are products that are used in all parts of the world and of course those that are in the business of manufacturing egg trays are known to generate sales year in year out if the business is well – managed. As a matter of fact, economic downturn hardly affects the usage of egg trays because it is a commodity that plays a major role in the poultry industry and of course in supermarkets and our homes.
A Sample Egg Tray Manufacturing Business Plan Template
Table of Content
- 1 Industry Overview
- 2 Executive Summary
- 3 Our Product Offering
- 4 Our Mission and Vision Statement
- 5 Job Roles and Responsibilities
- 6 SWOT Analysis
- 7 MARKET ANALYSIS
- 8 Our Target Market
- 9 SALES AND MARKETING STRATEGY
- 10 Sales Forecast
- 11 Publicity and Advertising Strategy
- 12 Startup Expenditure (Budget)
- 13 Sustainability and Expansion Strategy
Egg trays are mainly used for transportation and storage. They are built in such a way that they can be stacked, which facilitates bulk transportation. Such trays are mainly used by poultry farmers or wholesalers to transport eggs in bulk to retailers.
The size of egg trays may vary depending on factors such as distance and the type of product offering. The trays are usually used to store fresh eggs from farms or at farmers markets. Plastic egg trays are also used by egg processors to wash and sanitize eggs. A cardboard sleeve or additional trays are used to protect eggs when using a tray format.
It is a known fact that egg tray is one commodity that is used mostly in the poultry industry, and groceries stores and super markets. This goes to show that there is indeed a very large market for egg trays in our world; hence loads of investors cum aspiring entrepreneur are pitching their tent in the egg trays manufacturing line of business.
Egg tray manufacturing business is a niche idea in the Cardboard Box and Container Manufacturing industry and players in this industry basically converts purchased paper, paperboard and old corrugated containers into cardboard boxes, containers and similar packaging solutions like egg trays.
Industry operators produce corrugated and solid cardboard packaging for a range of sectors and industries, including manufacturing, agriculture, wholesale, shipping and retail, among others. In recent time, the conditions in the Cardboard Box and Container Manufacturing industry have been relatively volatile.
The revenue generated in the industry is heavily influenced by national demand for consumer goods, as the majority of the products that are produced in the industry are sold for downstream use in the fast-moving consumer goods (FMCG) sector.
Statistics has it that in the United States of America alone, the Cardboard Box and Container Manufacturing industry generates over $68 billion annually from more than 1,937 registered and licensed big scale egg trays manufacturing companies.
The industry is responsible for the employment of over 145,229 people. Experts project the industry to grew at a 0.6 percent annual rate between 2014 and 2019. The establishment in this industry that has a dominant market share in the United States of America are; WestRock Company, International Paper Company, Georgia-Pacific LLC and Packaging Corporation of America.
A recent report published by IBISWorld shows that the Cardboard Box and Container Manufacturing industry is the largest paper-converting industry in the United States. This industry is a significant consumer of paper, paperboard and old corrugated containers, servicing nearly every sector of the economy.
Industry operators produce cardboard boxes, containers and other packaging solutions, including shoe boxes, composite cans, mailing cases and milk cartons.
The industry has experienced slow but steady growth over the five years to 2019. Cardboard continues to be one of the most widely used materials for packaging and shipping. Furthermore, demand for industry products from downstream markets has increased, much of which is attributed to the increase in shipping box demand from online retailers.
You can choose to start on a small scale or you can choose to start on a large scale with standard manufacturing factories both in the United States of America and in countries in Asia where you can get cheaper labor and raw materials.
Ricky Bernard® Egg Tray Manufacturing Company, Inc. is a US registered egg tray manufacturing company that will be located in Dallas – Fort Worth, Texas; in an ideal location that is highly suitable for the kind of business we want to establish. We have been able to lease a facility that is big enough (a 20 thousand square foot facility) to fit into the kind of standard egg tray manufacturing company that we intend establishing.
Ricky Bernard® Egg Tray Manufacturing Company, Inc. will be involved in the manufacturing of different types and sizes of egg trays (both plastic and carton egg trays). We are set to service a wide range of clientele not just in the United States of America, but also all parts of the world.
We are aware that there are several egg tray manufacturing companies all around the United States of America, which is why we spent time and resources to conduct a thorough feasibility studies and market survey so as to be well positioned to favorably compete in the industry.
Ricky Bernard® Egg Tray Manufacturing Company, Inc. will ensure that all the egg trays that leaves of factory are of the highest quality and highly durable and affordable.
We want to build a business with a wide range of clientele base that cuts across businesses in the poultry farming industry, supermarkets and groceries stores et al. We have a CRM software that will enable us manage a one on one relationship with our customers no matter how large the number of our customers’ base may grow to.
Ricky Bernard® Egg Tray Manufacturing Company, Inc. will at all times demonstrate her commitment to sustainability, both individually and as a firm, by actively participating in our communities and integrating sustainable business practices wherever possible. We will ensure that we hold ourselves accountable to the highest standards by meeting our customers’ needs precisely and completely whenever they patronize our products.
Ricky Bernard® Egg Tray Manufacturing Company, Inc. is a family business that is owned by Ricky Bernard and his immediate family members. Ricky Bernard has a B.Eng. in Production Engineering, with over 12 years’ experience in the cardboard packing and carton box manufacturing industry, working for some of the leading brand in the United States.
Our Product Offering
Ricky Bernard® Egg Tray Manufacturing Company, Inc. is in the Cardboard Box and Container Manufacturing industry to manufacture a wide range of egg trays for both businesses and individual clients. We are set to service a wide range of clientele not just in the United States of America, but also all parts of the world and of course to make profits, which is why we will give our clients and potential clients options.
Our product offerings are listed below;
- Manufacturing plastic egg trays
- Manufacturing carton egg trays
- Manufacturing customized egg trays
Our Mission and Vision Statement
- Our vision is to become the leading brand in the egg tray manufacturing company and a household name in the United States of America.
- Our mission is to establish a world – class egg tray manufacturing company whose products will not only be used by businesses and households in the United States of America, but also be exported to other countries of the world.
Our Business Structure
Our intention of starting a egg tray manufacturing company is to build a standard company in Dallas – Fort Worth, Texas. We will ensure that we put the right structures in place that will support the kind of growth that we have in mind while setting up the business.
We will make sure that we employ people that are qualified, honest, customer centric and are ready to work to help us build a prosperous business that will benefit all the stake holders.
As a matter of fact, profit-sharing arrangement will be made available to all our senior management staff and it will be based on their performance for a period of ten years or more. In view of that, we have decided to hire qualified and competent hands to occupy the following positions;
- Chief Executive Officer (Owner)
- Factory Manager
- Human Resources and Admin Manager
- Merchandize Manager
- Sales and Marketing Manager
- Egg Trays Designers and Making Experts
- Customer Services Executive
Job Roles and Responsibilities
Chief Executive Officer – CEO:
- Increases management’s effectiveness by recruiting, selecting, orienting, training, coaching, counseling, and disciplining managers; communicating values, strategies, and objectives; assigning accountabilities; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results
- Creating, communicating, and implementing the organization’s vision, mission, and overall direction – i.e. leading the development and implementation of the overall organization’s strategy.
- Responsible for fixing prices and signing business deals
- Responsible for providing direction for the business
- Responsible for signing checks and documents on behalf of the company
- Evaluates the success of the organization
- Reports to the board.
Admin and HR Manager
- Responsible for overseeing the smooth running of HR and administrative tasks for the organization
- Maintains office supplies by checking stocks; placing and expediting orders; evaluating new products.
- Ensures operation of equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; calling for repairs.
- Defining job positions for recruitment and managing interviewing process
- Carrying out induction for new team members
- Responsible for training, evaluation and assessment of employees
- Responsible for arranging travel, meetings and appointments
- Oversee the smooth running of the daily office activities.
- Responsible for managing the daily activities in the egg tray manufacturing factory
- Ensures that proper records of egg trays are kept and warehouse does not run out of finished products
- Ensure that the factory is in tip top shape and easy to locate
- Interfaces with third – party suppliers (vendors) of raw materials
- Control egg trays distribution and supply inventory
- Supervise the workforce in the egg trays manufacturing factory.
- Manage vendor relations, market visits, and the ongoing education and development of the organizations’ buying teams
- Help to ensure consistent quality of egg trays making raw materials are purchased and used
- Responsible for the purchase of egg trays raw material for the organizations
- Responsible for planning sales, monitoring inventory, selecting the merchandise, and writing and pricing orders to vendors
Sales and Marketing Manager
- Manage external research and coordinate all the internal sources of information to retain the organizations’ best customers and attract new ones
- Model demographic information and analyze the volumes of transactional data generated by customer purchases
- Identify, prioritize, and reach out to new partners, and business opportunities et al
- Identifies development opportunities; follows up on development leads and contacts
- Responsible for supervising implementation, advocate for the customer’s needs, and communicate with clients
- Document all customer contact and information
- Represent the company in strategic meetings
- Help increase sales and growth for the company
Egg Trays Designers and Making Experts
- Responsible for designing and manufacturing plastic egg trays
- Responsible for designing and manufacturing carton egg trays
- Responsible for designing and manufacturing customized egg trays
- Responsible for preparing financial reports, budgets, and financial statements for the organization
- Provides managements with financial analyses, development budgets, and accounting reports
- Responsible for financial forecasting and risks analysis.
- Performs cash management, general ledger accounting, and financial reporting
- Responsible for developing and managing financial systems and policies
- Responsible for administering payrolls
- Ensuring compliance with taxation legislation
- Handles all financial transactions for the organization
- Serves as internal auditor for the organization
Client Service Executive
- Ensures that all contacts with clients (e-mail, walk-In center, SMS or phone) provides the client with a personalized customer service experience of the highest level
- Through interaction with customers on the phone, uses every opportunity to build client’s interest in the company’s products and services
- Manages administrative duties assigned by the human resources and admin manager in an effective and timely manner
- Consistently stays abreast of any new information on the organizations’ products, promotional campaigns etc. to ensure accurate and helpful information is supplied to customers when they make enquiries
Ricky Bernard® Egg Tray Manufacturing Company, Inc. is in business to become one of the leading egg tray manufacturing companies in the United States of America and we are fully aware that it will take the right business concept, management and organizational structure to achieve our goal.
We know that there are several egg tray manufacturing companies all over the United States of America, which is why we are following the due process of establishing a business. We know that if a proper SWOT analysis is conducted for our business, we will be able to position our business to maximize our strength, leverage on the opportunities that will be available to us, mitigate our risks and be equipped to confront our threats.
Ricky Bernard® Egg Tray Manufacturing Company, Inc. employed the services of an expert HR and Business Analyst with bias in the manufacturing industry to help us conduct a thorough SWOT analysis and to help us create a business model that will help us achieve our business goals and objectives.
This is the summary of the SWOT analysis that was conducted for Ricky Bernard® Egg Tray Manufacturing Company, Inc.;
Our main strength lies in the high quality of our finished egg trays, the power of our team, robust relationship with poultry farmers and the state of the art egg tray manufacturing factory that we own. We have a team of highly trained and experienced egg tray designers that can produce top notch egg trays. We are well positioned in the heart of Dallas – Fort Worth, Texas and we know we will attract loads of clients from the first day we open our factory.
A major weakness that may count against us is the fact that we are a new egg tray manufacturing company and we don’t have the financial capacity to compete with other companies in the industry when it comes to manufacturing egg trays at a rock bottom prices. So also, we may not have enough cash reserve to promote our business the way we would want to.
The fact that egg trays are usually used to store fresh eggs from farms or at farmers markets shows that without egg trays, it will be difficult to store or transport eggs. This goes to show that the opportunities for us to sell our egg trays are unlimited and we will continue to explore all available markets within our target market areas.
We might not be able to pin point a major threat that we are likely going to face as a business that is into the manufacturing of egg trays. But we anticipate that any epidemic that will affect the poultry farming industry will definitely affect the sale of our egg trays because without poultry laying eggs, we will not have a market for our egg trays or better put, anything that will affect egg production will definitely affect our business.
- Market Trends
In recent time, plastics are mainly used for making egg trays that are used by wholesalers or producers. This is because plastic egg trays can be used multiple times due to their durable and washable nature. Thus, even in the case of egg breakage, these trays can be washed and re-used.
Durability helps during bulk transportation over longer distances where multiple handlers are present en-route. There are two main types of plastics that are used in egg packaging, polyethylene terephthalate (PET) and polystyrene. It is observed that more than 55 percent share of the global egg packaging market by plastic was that of PET in 2016.
The conditions in the egg tray manufacturing business have been relatively volatile. The revenue generated in the industry is heavily influenced by national demand for eggs, as the majority of the product that are produced in the industry are sold for downstream use in the poultry farming industry and retailing industry.
Lastly, as part of marketing strategies, egg trays manufacturing companies now ensure that they go beyond mass production of egg trays to producing customized egg trays for bigger corporations who are in the poultry farming and groceries stores industry.
Our Target Market
When it comes to mapping out strategies for an egg tray manufacturing business, there is indeed a straightforward market. There are hardly any poultry farm, farmers market, grocery store and supermarkets et al that do not make use of egg trays.
In view of that, we have positioned our egg tray manufacturing company to service a wide range of clientele in the United States of America. We have conducted our market research and feasibility studies and we have ideas of what our target market would be expecting from us.
We in the egg trays manufacturing industry to supply our products to the following businesses;
- Poultry farms
- Groceries Stores
- Farmers market
A close examination of the egg tray manufacturing business reveals that the market has become much more intensely competitive over the last decade. As a matter of fact, you have to be highly creative with your designs and market approach, customer centric and proactive if you must survive in this industry.
Ricky Bernard® Egg Tray Manufacturing Company, Inc. is launching a standard egg tray manufacturing company that will indeed become the preferred choice for businesses in the poultry industry both in the United States of America. Our egg tray manufacturing company is located in an ideal property highly suitable for the kind of manufacturing company that we want to run.
Lastly, our employees will be well taken care of, and their welfare package will be among the best within our category in the industry meaning that they will be more than willing to build the business with us and help deliver our set goals and achieve all our objectives. We will also give good working conditions and commissions to freelance sales agents that we will recruit from time to time.
SALES AND MARKETING STRATEGY
- Sources of Income
Ricky Bernard® Egg Tray Manufacturing Company, Inc. is in business to manufacture and supply egg trays in the United States of America and other parts of the world. We are in the Cardboard Box and Container Manufacturing industry to maximize profits and we are going to ensure that we achieve or business goals and objectives.
Ricky Bernard® Egg Tray Manufacturing Company, Inc. will generate income by selling the following products;
- Plastic egg trays
- Carton egg trays
- Customized egg trays
Egg tray is one product that is used by all poultry farmers and of course in most households which goes to show that there is a large market for egg tray manufacturing companies.
We are well positioned to take on the available market in the United States of America and of course the rest of the world and we are quite optimistic that we will meet our set target of generating enough income/profits from the first six months of operation and grow the business and our clientele base.
Below are the sales projection for Ricky Bernard® Egg Tray Manufacturing Company, Inc., it is based on the location of our business and other factors as it relates to egg trays manufacturing startups in the United States;
- First Fiscal Year (FY1): $250,000
- Second Fiscal Year (FY2): $450,000
- Third Fiscal Year (FY3): $600,000
N.B: This projection was done based on what is obtainable in the industry and with the assumption that there won’t be any major economic meltdown and there won’t be any major competitor manufacturing or retailing same products and customer care services as we do within same location. Please note that the above projection might be lower and at the same time it might be higher.
- Marketing Strategy and Sales Strategy
Before choosing a location for Ricky Bernard® Egg Tray Manufacturing Company, Inc. we conducted a thorough market survey and feasibility studies in order for us to be able to penetrate the available market and become one of the preferred choice for businesses not only in Dallas – Fort Worth, Texas, but also throughout the United States.
We have detailed information and data that we were able to utilize to structure our business to attract the number of customers we want to attract per time.
We hired experts who have good understanding of the Cardboard Box and Container Manufacturing industry to help us develop marketing strategies that will help us achieve our business goal of winning a larger percentage of the available market in the United States of America.
In summary, Ricky Bernard® Egg Tray Manufacturing Company, Inc. will adopt the following sales and marketing approach to win customers over;
- Introduce our egg tray manufacturing company by sending introductory letters alongside our brochure to poultry farmers, groceries stores, supermarkets and key stake holders in Dallas – Fort Worth, Texas and other parts of the United States
- Ensure that we manufacture a wide range of egg trays
- Make use of attractive hand bills to create awareness and also to give direction to our factory
- Position our signage / flexi banners at strategic places around Dallas – Fort Worth, Texas
- List our business and products on yellow pages ads (local directories)
- Leverage on the internet to promote our products
- Engage in direct marketing and sales
- Encourage the use of Word of mouth marketing (referrals)
Publicity and Advertising Strategy
Even though our egg tray manufacturing company is well positioned, we will still go ahead to intensify publicity for the business. We are going to explore all available means to promote our egg tray manufacturing company.
Ricky Bernard® Egg Tray Manufacturing Company, Inc. has a long – term plan of opening our factories in key locations in Asia, South America and Africa which is why we will deliberately build our brand to be well accepted in the United States of America before venturing out.
Here are the platforms we intend leveraging on to promote and advertise Ricky Bernard® Egg Tray Manufacturing Company, Inc.;
- Place adverts on community based newspapers, radio and TV stations.
- Encourage the use of word of mouth publicity from our loyal customers
- Leverage on the internet and social media platforms to promote our business.
- Ensure that our we position our banners and billboards in strategic positions all around Dallas – Fort Worth, Texas
- Distribute our fliers and handbills in target poultry farms in and around our neighborhood
- Advertise our egg tray manufacturing company in our official website and employ strategies that will help us pull traffic to the site
- Brand all our official cars and trucks and ensure that all our staff members wear our branded shirt or cap at regular intervals.
Our Pricing Strategy
We are aware of the pricing trend in the egg trays manufacturing line of business which is why we have decided to produce various sizes and types (plastic and carton) of egg trays.
In view of that, our prices will conform to what is obtainable in the industry but we will ensure that within the first 6 to 12 months our products are sold a little bit below the average price. We have put in place business strategies that will help us run on low profits for a period of 6 months; it is a way of encouraging people to buy into our brands.
- Payment Options
The payment policy adopted by Ricky Bernard® Egg Tray Manufacturing Company, Inc. is all inclusive because we are quite aware that different customers prefer different payment options as it suits them but at the same time, we will ensure that we abide by the financial rules and regulation of the United States of America.
Here are the payment options that Ricky Bernard® Egg Tray Manufacturing Company, Inc. will make available to her clients;
- Payment via bank transfer
- Payment with cash
- Payment via Point of Sale Machine (POS)
- Payment via online bank transfer
- Payment via check
- Payment via bank draft
In view of the above, we have chosen banking platforms that will enable our clients make payment for the purchase of our egg trays without any stress on their part.
Startup Expenditure (Budget)
These are the key areas where we will spend our startup capital on;
- The total fee for registering the Business in the United States of America – $750.
- Legal expenses for obtaining licenses and permits as well as the accounting services (software, P.O.S machines and other software) – $3,300.
- Marketing promotion expenses for the grand opening of Ricky Bernard® Egg Tray Manufacturing Company, Inc. in the amount of $3,500 and as well as flyer printing (2,000 flyers at $0.04 per copy) for the total amount of $3,580.
- The total cost for hiring Business Consultant – $2,500.
- The total cost for payment of insurance policy covers (general liability, workers’ compensation and property casualty) coverage at a total premium – $9,400.
- The total cost for long – term leasing of a standard egg trays manufacturing factory – $150,000
- The total cost for remodeling the warehouse / factory – $20,000.
- Other start-up expenses including stationery ($500) and phone and utility deposits – ($2,500).
- Operational cost for the first 3 months (salaries of employees, payments of bills et al) – $100,000
- The total cost for start-up inventory (purchase of tools and equipment and the purchase of raw materials inclusive) – $100,000
- The total cost for store equipment (cash register, security, ventilation, signage) – $13,750
- The total cost for the purchase and installation of CCTVs: $10,000
- The cost for the purchase of office furniture and gadgets (Computers, Printers, Telephone, TVs, Sound System, tables and chairs et al): $4,000.
- The total cost of launching a Website: $600
- Miscellaneous: $10,000
We would need an estimate of three hundred and fifty thousand dollars ($350,000) to successfully set up our egg tray manufacturing company in Dallas – Fort Worth, Texas.
Generating Funds/Startup Capital for Ricky Bernard® Egg Tray Manufacturing Company, Inc.
Ricky Bernard® Egg Tray Manufacturing Company, Inc. is a family business that is solely owned and financed by Ricky Bernard and his immediate family members. They do not intend to welcome any external business partners which is why he has decided to restrict the sourcing of the startup capital to 3 major sources.
- Generate part of the startup capital from personal savings
- Source for soft loans from family members and friends
- Apply for loan from the bank
N.B: We have been able to generate about $150,000 (Personal savings $100,000 and soft loan from family members $50,000) and we are at the final stages of obtaining a loan facility of $200,000 from our bank. All the papers and documents have been signed and submitted, the loan has been approved and any moment from now our account will be credited with the amount.
Sustainability and Expansion Strategy
Part of the plans we have in place to sustain Ricky Bernard® Egg Tray Manufacturing Company, Inc. is to ensure that we continue to make available a wide range of egg trays, deliver quality services, improvise on how to do things faster and cheaper. We are not going to relent in providing conducive environment for our workers and also the required trainings that will help them deliver excellent services at all times.
We are quite aware that our customers are key component to the growth and survival of our business hence we are going to continuously engage them to give us ideas on how to serve them better and the products they want to see in our store. We will not waste time in adopting new technology, best practices and diversifying our services.
Ricky Bernard® Egg Tray Manufacturing Company, Inc. will make sure that the right foundation, structures and processes are put in place to ensure that our staff welfare are well taken of. Our company’s corporate culture is designed to drive our business to greater heights and training and re – training of our workforce is at the top burner.
We know that if that is put in place, we will be able to successfully hire and retain the best hands we can get in the industry; they will be more committed to help us build the business of our dreams.
- Business Name Availability Check: Completed
- Business Registration: Completed
- Opening of Corporate Bank Accounts: Completed
- Securing Point of Sales (POS) Machines: Completed
- Opening Mobile Money Accounts: Completed
- Opening Online Payment Platforms: Completed
- Application and Obtaining Tax Payer’s ID: In Progress
- Application for business license and permit: Completed
- Purchase of Insurance for the Business: Completed
- Leasing of facility and remodeling the facility (egg trays manufacturing factory): In Progress
- Conducting Feasibility Studies: Completed
- Generating capital from family members: Completed
- Applications for Loan from the bank: In Progress
- Writing of Business Plan: Completed
- Drafting of Employee’s Handbook: Completed
- Drafting of Contract Documents and other relevant Legal Documents: In Progress
- Design of The Company’s Logo: Completed
- Printing of Packaging and Promotional Materials: In Progress
- Recruitment of employees: In Progress
- Purchase of egg trays manufacturing machines and equipment: Completed
- Purchase of the needed furniture, racks, shelves, computers, electronic appliances, office appliances and CCTV: In progress
- Creating Official Website for the Company: In Progress
- Creating Awareness for the business both online and around the community: In Progress
- Health and Safety and Fire Safety Arrangement (License): Secured
- Establishing business relationship with poultry farmers – supplier of egg trays making raw materials, key stakeholders and suppliers of egg trays: In Progress.
- Licenses & Permits Needed for a Car Rental Business - April 2, 2020
- 5 Steps on How to Become a Pest Control Exterminator - April 2, 2020
- Landlord Vs Tenant – Who is Responsible for Pest Control - March 28, 2020