Is a feasibility report the same as a business plan? What’s the difference between a feasibility study report and a business plan? Can a feasibility report be converted to a small business plan? Well, I will advice you read on to find the answers you seek. Now there seem to be a mix up between feasibility study and business plan. While some say they are the same, others argue they are not.
So I want to use this medium to draw a line between a feasibility report and a business plan. Though the process involved in developing a feasibility report and a business are similar, I will reveal to you some basic difference between conducting feasibility study and writing a business plan.
Feasibility Study vs Business Plan – What’s the Difference
1. A feasibility study is carried out with the aim of finding out the workability and profitability of a business venture. Before anything is invested in a new business venture, a feasibility study is carried out to know if the business venture is worth the time, effort and resources.
On the other hand, a business plan is developed only after it has been established that a business opportunity exist and the venture is about to commence. This simply means that a business plan is prepared after a feasibility study has been conducted.
2. A feasibility report is filled with calculations, analysis and estimated projections of a business opportunity. While a business plan is made up of mostly tactics and strategies to be implemented in other to start and grow the business.
3. A feasibility study is all about business idea viability while a business plan deals with business growth plan and sustainability.
4. A feasibility study report reveals the profit potential of a business idea or opportunity to the entrepreneur, while a business plan helps the entrepreneur raise the needed startup capital from investors.
I hope this few words have been able to point out the key differences between feasibility study and business plan. I feel it’s also worthwhile to know that a feasibility report can readily be converted to a business plan. To achieve this, all you need to do is incorporate your business strategies and tactics into the feasibility report; and you are good to go.
- Go to Chapter 3: Understanding the Difference Between a Business Plan and a Strategic Plan
- Go Back to Chapter 1: Why Should You Develop a Business Plan?
- Go Back to Introduction and Table of Content
- 50 Best 3d Printing Business ideas You Can Start in 2022 - January 8, 2022
- How to Start a Clothing Line With No Money or Experience - December 3, 2021
- How to Choose a Perfect Business Name That Stand Out in 2022 - October 29, 2021