If you have been a business owner for some time now, then you probably know by now that the minutest contract from the government of your country can translate to massive profit which by extension means wealth. However, the truth is that getting these contracts can pose a very great challenge, as some folks think you must have some sort of god father in the system to make headway.
Truth is that there are a myriad of bid opportunities available in all level of government. On the other hand, you might also want to agree with me that some folks just do not find it hard being favored by the governments. They clinch these contracts with ease and smile to the bank always. This article proposes to help you scale through this seemingly Herculean task.
For that reason, if you have always had the dream of dealing with the government of your country and just possibly can’t think up ways via which you can achieve this, then relief is here as this read would help you scale through.
How to Get Government Contracts Worth Millions Easily
You just cannot fold your hands and expect that contracts would come pouring in just like that. You have got to do what must be done. So, what is that which must be done? You can take out time to search for various government contracts that are listed in various newspapers in your country. You can look through and begin to work at the ones that catch your fancy. There are also listings placed in some government department websites.
2. Decide On What to Sell
Wanting to be a client to the government of your country means that you must have carved a niche for yourself in the area of your business. This means that you must have decided what it is you want to sell to the government. This product has to be something the government would really want to catch in on. For you to really be sure of what they may be interested in procuring, you may consider making enquiries with the procurement government bodies in your country. This way you would work with facts and not hypothesis.
This step concerns small and new business people. Here is what this means; it simply means that you have to consider partnering with a subcontractor so that the experience of the subcontractor may rub off on you and you can in turn garner the experience required. This is because some governments do not like dealing with a newbie, therefore you must be ready to ride on the back of experienced folks.
4. Register with the Right Contractor Body
Here you would need to figure out which body applies to your location and country. Therefore, you would need to register for example with; the central contractor registration board, as well as other similar bodies. Registering with some of these bodies might come with a fee and this fee varies from country to country. You must not be deterred by the fees being charged, as in the long run you are sure to make much more than you have spent peradventure you clinch the deal.
5. Search for Local and State Bids Online-: Be sure to always look online for local and state bids that may be placed online. The government of some countries lists these contracts in the order of state and local governments so that you can make a choice. Therefore you must be vigilant so that such opportunity doesn’t pass you by.
6. Be Thorough-: One of the qualities that help some businesses win government contracts is the quality at which they run their businesses. Therefore you must be willing to take a cue from this by being thorough with the quality of product you are proposing to the government.
Some folks make the mistake of over pricing their products because they think since it is the government they would definitely have the wherewithal to pay come what may. Truth is that this sometimes is a lie as the government is also looking to cut all costs that might make it appear too extravagant. Therefore you have got to take a cue by making your price competitive. Doing this means that you stand a chance to be considered compared to others whose price might be off the radar.
8. Get Certified-: One other way through which you may be considered as qualified for a government’s contract is by getting endorsed by some relevant bodies that are recognized by the government. Such bodies include; association for business entrepreneurs, associations for minority operators and what have you.
9. Stay Calm
When dealing with individuals, being aggressive wouldn’t be an issue at all. However, dealing in the same vain with the government might not be a good deal as you might come across as a negative sign instead of positive. So, you must be sure to stay calm and positive after you must have placed your bid; hoping that all would go well in the long run.
Would all these steps help? Sure, these are time tested steps that those who have gone before you have adhered to and are enjoying. You too must be ready to stay in the same line so as to clinch several contracts in no time at all. However, you must be ready to also learn the ropes along the line so that you would be an expert at what you do and so you would stand a better chance to stay afloat the game than your competitors.
Latest posts by Ajaero Tony Martins (see all)
- A Sample Music Venue Business Plan Template - February 2, 2020
- A Sample Indoor Shrimp Farming Business Plan Template - February 2, 2020
- How Long You Have to Buy Insurance After Buying a Used Car - January 29, 2020