Do you want to start a hair lice removal salon and need to write a plan? If YES, here is a sample hair lice removal business plan template & feasibility report. Setting up a hair lice removal business could be a profitable business for someone who is skilled in the trade.
With the right location, top-notch service and good marketing skills, you can serve varieties of customers that cuts across different genders and age groups. Below is a sample hair lice removal business plan template that can help you to successfully write your own with little or no difficulty.
A Sample Hair Lice Removal Business Plan Template
Table of Content
- 2. Executive Summary
- 5. Job Roles and Responsibilities
- 6. SWOT Analysis
- 7. MARKET ANALYSIS
- 13. Startup Expenditure (Budget)
1. Industry Overview
Hair lice removal business falls under the hair loss treatment & lice removal industry and this industry comprises establishments that engage in nonsurgical treatments for hair loss and replacement, as well as hair lice removal and scalp treatment services.
Please note that hospitals and medical clinics that provide hair restoration surgeries are not included in this industry. The Hair Loss Treatment and Lice Removal industry provides consumers with a variety of procedures and treatments that address many hair care needs.
Going forward, industry revenue is expected to grow. Industry operators can attribute recent growth to the rising emphasis consumers have placed on physical appearance. This focus has transitioned industry services from purely cosmetic, discretionary treatments to procedures deemed necessary for general personal upkeep.
Over the past five years, hair care centers have adapted to the widening availability of more effective forms of treatment. Over the five years to 2022, revenue for the Hair Loss Treatment and Lice Removal industry is projected to grow at a slightly more subdued annualized rate.
The Hair Loss Treatment and Lice Removal industry is currently in the growth stage of its life cycle. Statistics has it that the industry in the united states of America is worth billion, with an estimated growth rate of 12.9 percent. There are about 63,263 registered and licensed hair loss treatment and lice removal businesses in the United States and they are responsible for employing about 87,338 people.
Ideal Image is the only hair loss treatment and lice removal salon that can boast of having a lion market share in the industry. The Hair Loss Treatment and Lice Removal industry is largely service based, this industry carries a low level of capital intensity.
The few capital investments in this industry are dominated by machinery and equipment used in the permanent hair removal process. Hair removal requires lasers, electrical probes or heated light equipment. On the other hand, treatment centers rely heavily on the knowledge and expertise of hair care professionals.
Additionally, most industry operators require a significant number of administrative and service personnel to help them complete clerical tasks and general customer support. Consequently, wage costs are high in this industry, accounting for an estimated 30.8 percent of industry revenue in 2017.
Schools in the United States, Canada, and Australia commonly exclude infested students, and prevent return of those students until all lice, eggs, and nits are removed. This is the basis of the “no-nit policy”. Data from a primarily American study during 1998 – 1999 found that no-nit policies were present at 82 percent of the schools attended by children suspected of louse infestation.
A separate 1998 survey revealed that 60 percent of American school nurses felt that “forced absenteeism of any child who has any nits in their hair is a good idea”.
A close study of hair lice removal business shows that the business exhibits low barriers to entry. The industry is highly fragmented due to the fact that there are smaller hair lice removal salons especially mobile hair lice removal businesses that cater to a market niche.
The hair lice removal business will continue to blossom because people would always want to join the trend as it relates to hair lice removal, it is safer to say that the industry is growing steadily despite its competitive nature.
Some of the factors that encourage entrepreneurs to start their own hair lice removal business could be that the business is easy to set up and the startup capital is indeed affordable; you can actually start your own hair lice removal business from the comfort of your house. All you need to do is to create a space somewhere in your house.
Over and above, the Hair Loss Treatment and Lice Removal industry is very open to any aspiring entrepreneur who has acquired the required trainings, skills and perhaps professional certifications to start his or her own hair lice business.
2. Executive Summary
Golden Care® Hair Lice Removal, Inc. is a licensed hair treatment and lice removal salon. We have been able to secure a standard and well – positioned salon facility in a central residential estate in Westchester County – New York. We are a hair lice removal business that is set to compete in the highly competitive and fragmented industry in Westchester County – New York.
Golden Care® Hair Lice Removal, Inc. will offer services such as hair treatment and lice removal et al. Our business goal is to become one of the leading hair lice removal salons in the United States and we will make sure that we do all we can to compete favorably with leaders in the industry.
Our workers are going to be selected from a pool of hardworking and highly experienced hair lice removal experts in and around Westchester County – New York. We will make sure that we take all the members of our workforce through the required trainings that will position them to meet the expectation of the company.
At Golden Care® Hair Lice Removal, Inc., our client’s best interest will always come first, and everything we do will be guided by our values and professional ethics. We will ensure that we hold ourselves accountable to the highest standards by meeting our client’s needs precisely and completely.
Golden Care® Hair Lice Removal, Inc. is owned by Charlie and Sizzle Waltham. They have a combined experience to help build the business to become one of the leading hair lice removal salons in the United States of America.
3. Our Products and Services
Golden Care® Hair Lice Removal, Inc. is established with the aim of maximizing profits in the Hair loss treatment and lice removal industry. We want to compete favorably with leading hair lice removal salons in the United States which is why we have put in place a competent team that will ensure that every hair treatment rendered meets and even surpasses our customers’ expectations.
Our products and services are listed below;
- Hair lice removal
- Providing hair treatment
- Providing scalp treatment services
- Hair treatment merchandize
4. Our Mission and Vision Statement
- Our vision is to build a hair lice removal salon that will be a household name in Westchester County – New York and throughout the United States of America
- Our mission is to provide professional and healthy hair treatment and lice removal services and other related services to individuals.
- We want to build a hair lice removal salon that can favorably compete with other leading brands in the Hair loss treatment and lice removal industry.
Our Business Structure
Golden Care® Hair Lice Removal, Inc. has plans of starting small in Westchester County – New York, but hopes to grow big in order to compete favorably with leading hair lice removal salons in the industry both in the United States and on a global stage.
We are aware of the importance of building a solid business structure that can support the kind of world class business we want to own.
At Golden Care® Hair Lice Removal, Inc., we will ensure that we hire people that are qualified, hardworking, creative, customer centric and are ready to work to help us build a prosperous business that will benefit all our stake holders.
As a matter of fact, profit-sharing arrangement will be made available to all our senior management staff and it will be based on their performance for a period of five years or more as agreed by the board of trustees of the company. In view of the above, we have decided to hire qualified and competent hands to occupy the following positions;
- Salon Supervisor
- Sales and Marketing Executive
- Hair Treatment & Lice Removal Expert
- Client Service Executive
5. Job Roles and Responsibilities
- Increases management’s effectiveness by recruiting, selecting, orienting, training, coaching, counseling, and disciplining managers; communicating values, strategies, and objectives; assigning accountabilities; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results
- Responsible for providing direction for the business
- Responsible for signing checks and documents on behalf of the company
- Responsible for overseeing the smooth running of HR and administrative tasks for the organization
- Maintains office supplies by checking stocks; placing and expediting orders; evaluating new products.
- Ensures operation of equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; calling for repairs.
- Defines job positions for recruitment and managing interviewing process
- Carrying out induction for new team members
- Responsible for training, evaluation and assessment of employees
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Evaluates the success of the organization
- Develops strategic plan by studying the trends in the hair loss treatment and lice removal industry
- Maintains quality service by establishing and enforcing organization standards.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; benchmarking state-of-the-art practices; participating in professional societies.
- Makes certain that the hair loss treatment and lice removal experts perform efficiently, coordinate employee efforts, and facilitate communications between management and the workforce
- Ensures that the organization work in line with international best practices.
Sales and Marketing Manager
- Manages external research and coordinates all the internal sources of information to retain the organizations’ best customers and attract new ones
- Responsible for supervising implementation, advocate for the customer’s needs, and communicate with clients
- Creates new markets cum businesses for the organization
- Empowers and motivates the sales team to meet and surpass agreed targets
- Responsible for preparing financial reports, budgets, and financial statements for the organization
- Provides managements with financial analyses, development budgets, and accounting reports
- Responsible for financial forecasting and risks analysis.
- Responsible for developing and managing financial systems and policies
- Ensures compliance with taxation legislation
- Handles all financial transactions for the organization
- Serves as internal auditor for the organization
Hair Loss Treatment and Lice Removal Experts
- Responsible for carrying out hair lice removal services
- Provides hair treatment
- Provides scalp treatment services
Client Service Executive
- Welcomes clients and potential clients by greeting them in person or on the telephone; answering or directing inquiries.
- Ensures that all contacts with clients (e-mail, walk-In center, SMS or phone) provides the client with a personalized customer service experience of the highest level
- Through interaction with clients on the phone, uses every opportunity to build client’s interest in the company’s products and services
- Manages administrative duties assigned by the Human Resource and Admin Manager in an effective and timely manner
- Consistently stays abreast of any new information on the organizations’ products, promotional campaigns etc. to ensure accurate and helpful information is supplied to clients when they make enquiries
6. SWOT Analysis
Golden Care® Hair Lice Removal, Inc. engaged the services of a core professional in the area of business consulting and structuring to assist our organization in building a well – structured hair lice removal business that can favorably compete in the highly competitive Hair loss treatment and lice removal industry in the United States.
Part of what the team of business consultant did was to work with the management of our organization in conducting a comprehensive SWOT analysis for Golden Care® Hair Lice Removal, Inc. Here is a summary from the result of the SWOT analysis that was conducted on behalf of Golden Care® Hair Lice Removal, Inc.;
Our core strength lies in the power of our team; our workforce. We have a team of hardworking and highly trained and experience hair treatment and lice removal experts, a team with excellent qualifications and experience in the hair loss treatment and lice removal industry.
We can also boast of surpassing health inspection expectations and our manager can boast of having the required expertise to start and grow a business to profitability within record time.
Having extra finance to open chains of hair lice removal salons and hiring some of the finest hair treatment and lice removal experts might be what will count as a weakness for our organization.
The fact that pharmaceutical companies will invest heavily in R&D of FDA-approved hair lice removal prescriptions means that the industry is full of opportunities and we are ready to take advantage of any opportunity that is available in the industry.
The presence of well – established hair lice removal salons, and complementary businesses that also carryout hair treatment and lice removal services within the location we intend starting our business is one of the major threats that we are going to be confronted with. We have been able to put in place strategies that will help us win a fair share of the available market in Westchester County – New York.
7. MARKET ANALYSIS
- Market Trends
The Hair loss treatment and lice removal industry has exhibited growth over the last five years, partially due to the fact that hair loss treatment companies have been championing nonsurgical hair replacement techniques and that hair replacement services have been the smallest yet most consistent industry service segment.
So also, pharmaceutical companies will invest heavily in R&D of FDA-approved hair removal prescriptions. Going forward, the Hair loss treatment and lice removal industry will continue to grow, as the US population will likely become increasingly aware of the services offered.
On the other hand, new public health initiatives and regulations may add to operational costs for the industry and stand as barriers to entrepreneurs who may want to launch their own hair lice removal salon. Another notable trend in the hair treatment and lice removal industry is that most hair lice removal salons in the bid to survive the recent global economic meltdown included additional services to their core service offerings.
Some salons include complimentary services such as retailing hair treatments, hair care and beauty products, facial tanning and grooming services amongst many others. It is much easier for hair salons to increase their revenue by diversifying as against increasing the scope of their market.
8. Our Target Market
Please note that we did our due diligence prior to establishing our hair lice removal salon downtown Westchester County – New York; we conducted a market survey and feasibility studies and we are certain that there are loads of young and old people who would need the services of a hair treatment and lice removal services.
Below is a list of the people that we will specifically market our services to;
- Every Individual both old and young in and around Westchester County – New York
Our Competitive Advantage
Surviving in the business world as a hair lice removal salon requires more than your expertise, creativity, and knowing how to deliver standard hair treatment and lice removal services, but also how to network with key people that matters.
Our Competitive Advantage lies in the fact that we can provide services in diverse locations, were are in a better position to receive word of mouth recommendations and we have the capacity to monitor and implement new research and technological developments.
Our workforce is another competitive advantage that we will be bringing to the table. We have a team of certified, creative and highly trained hair treatment and lice removal experts in the industry. Aside from the synergy that exists in our carefully selected workforce, our treatment and services will be guided by best practices in the industry.
Lastly, all our employees will be well taken care of, and their welfare package will be among the best within our category in the industry. It will enable them to be more than willing to build the business with us and help deliver our set goals and objectives.
9. SALES AND MARKETING STRATEGY
We are mindful of the fact that there are stiff competitions in the hair loss treatment and lice removal industry, hence we have been able to hire some of the best marketing experts to handle our sales and marketing. Our sales and marketing team will be recruited based on their vast experience in the industry and they will be trained on a regular basis so as to be well equipped to meet their targets.
Our corporate goal is to grow Golden Care® Hair Lice Removal, Inc. to become one of the top 10 hair lice removal salons in the United States of America which is why we have mapped out strategies that will help us take advantage of the available market and grow to become a major force to reckon with not only in Westchester County – New York but also in other cities in the United States of America where we intend opening our hair lice removal salons.
Golden Care® Hair Lice Removal, Inc. is set to make use of the following marketing and sales strategies to attract clients;
- Print out fliers and business cards and strategically drop them in offices, libraries, public facilities and train stations et al.
- Use friends and family to spread word about our hair lice removal salon
- Post information about our hair lice removal salon on bulletin boards in places like schools, libraries, and local coffee shops.
- Placing a small or classified advertisement in the newspaper, or local publication
- Advertise our hair lice removal salon in relevant beauty magazines, newspapers, TV and radio stations
- Attend relevant educational expos, seminars, and business fairs et al
- Engage direct marketing approach
- Encourage word of mouth marketing from loyal and satisfied clients.
Sources of Income
Golden Care® Hair Lice Removal, Inc. is established with the aim of maximizing profits in the Hair loss treatment industry and we are going to do all it takes to meet and surpass the expectations of our clients. Golden Care® Hair Lice Removal, Inc. will generate income by offering the following services;
- Hair lice removal
- Providing hair treatment
- Providing scalp treatment services
- Hair treatment merchandize
10. Sales Forecast
We are well positioned to take on the available market in the hair loss treatment and lice removal industry and we are quite optimistic that we will meet our set target of generating enough profits from our first six months of operation and grow our hair lice removal salon to enviable heights.
We have been able to examine the hair lice removal market, we have analyzed our chances in the industry and we have been able to come up with our sales forecast. Below is the sales projection for Golden Care® Hair Lice Removal, Inc. it is based on the location of our business and of course the wide range of hair treatments and lice removal services that we offer;
- First Fiscal Year (FY1): $120,000
- Second Fiscal Year (FY2): $250,000
- Third Fiscal Year (FY3): $400,000
N.B: This projection was done based on what is obtainable in the industry and with the assumption that there won’t be any major economic meltdown and there won’t be any major competitor offering same services as we do within same location. Please note that the above projection might be lower and at the same time it might be higher.
11. Publicity and Advertising Strategy
We have been able to work with our brand and publicity consultants to help us map out publicity and advertising strategies that will help us walk our way into the heart of our target market.
We are set to become the number one choice for clients in the whole of Westchester County – New York and other cities in the United States of America where we intend opening our hair lice removal salon which is why we have made provisions for effective publicity and advertisement of our business.
Below are the platforms we intend to leverage on to promote and advertise Golden Care® Hair Lice Removal, Inc.;
- Place adverts on both print (newspapers and magazines) and electronic media platforms
- Sponsor relevant community based events/programs
- Leverage on the internet and social media platforms like; Instagram, Facebook, twitter, YouTube, Google + et al to promote our services
- Install our Billboards in strategic locations all around Westchester County – New York
- Distribute our fliers and handbills in target areas
- List our hair lice removal salon in local directories/yellow pages
- Advertise our hair lice removal salon in our official website and employ strategies that will help us pull traffic to the site.
- Ensure that all our staff members wear our branded shirts and all our vehicles are well branded with our company logo et al.
12. Our Pricing Strategy
At Golden Care® Hair Lice Removal, Inc. we will keep the prices of our services below the average market rate by keeping our overhead low and by collecting payment in advance.
- Payment Options
The payment policy adopted by Golden Care® Hair Lice Removal, Inc. is all inclusive because we are quite aware that different customers prefer different payment options as it suits them but at the same time, we will ensure that we abide by the financial rules and regulation of the United States of America.
Here are the payment options that Golden Care® Hair Lice Removal, Inc. will make available to her clients;
- Payment with cash
- Payment via credit cards
- Payment via online bank transfer
- Payment via check
- Payment via mobile money transfer
In view of the above, we have chosen banking platforms that will enable our client make payment for services rendered without any stress on their part.
13. Startup Expenditure (Budget)
From available statistics and facts, we have been able to come up with an estimate of what we intend spending while establishing our hair lice removal salon in Westchester County – New York;
- Business incorporating fees in the United States of America will cost – $750.
- The budget for Liability insurance, permits and license will cost – $3,500
- Acquiring a facility for our hair lice removal salon for at least 6 months (Re – Construction of the facility inclusive) will cost – $60,000.
- The amount required to purchase hair lice removal kits and supplies and receipt issuing machines, Sound System (For playing music), Point of Sale Machines (POS Machines), CCTV Cameras and Flat Screen TVs – $45,000
- Amount required to purchase the needed software applications to run our business – $ 3,500
- Launching an official Website will cost – $500
- Amount need to pay bills and staff members for at least 2 to 3 months – $70,000
- Additional Expenditure such as Business cards, Signage, Adverts and Promotions will cost – $5,000
Going by the report from the market research and feasibility studies conducted, we will need about one hundred and fifty thousand (150,000) U.S. dollars to successfully set up a medium scale but standard hair lice removal salon in the United States of America.
Generating Funds/Startup Capital for Golden Care® Hair Lice Removal, Inc.
Golden Care® Hair Lice Removal, Inc. will be owned and managed by Charlie and Sizzle Waltham. They are the only financier of the business which is why they decided to restrict the sourcing of the startup capital for the business to just three major sources.
- Generate part of the startup capital from personal savings and sale of his stocks
- Generate part of the startup capital from friends and other extended family members
- Generate a larger chunk of the startup capital from the bank (loan facility).
N.B: We have been able to generate about $50,000 (Personal savings $40,000 and soft loan from family members $10,000) and we are at the final stages of obtaining a loan facility of $100,000 from our bank. All the papers and documents have been duly signed and submitted, the loan has been approved and any moment from now our account will be credited.
14. Sustainability and Expansion Strategy
Part of the plans we have in place to sustain Golden Care® Hair Lice Removal, Inc. is to ensure that we continue to offer quality services, improvise on how to do things faster and cheaper. We are not going to relent in providing conducive environment for our workers and also the required training that will help them deliver excellent services at all times.
We are quite aware that our customers are key component to the growth and survival of our business hence we are going to continuously engage them to give us ideas on how to serve them better. We will not waste time in adopting new technology, best practices and diversifying our services once the need arises.
Golden Care® Hair Lice Removal, Inc. will make sure that the right foundation, structures and processes are put in place to ensure that our staff welfare are well taken of. Our company’s corporate culture is designed to drive our business to greater heights and training and retraining of our workforce is at the top burner.
We know that if that is put in place, we will be able to successfully hire and retain the best hands we can get in the industry; they will be more committed to help us build the business of our dreams.
- Business Name Availability Check: Completed
- Business Incorporation: Completed
- Opening of Corporate Bank Accounts: Completed
- Opening Online Payment Platforms: Completed
- Application and Obtaining Tax Payer’s ID: In Progress
- Securing a standard office facility for our hair lice removal salon: Completed
- Application for business license and permit: Completed
- Purchase of Insurance for the Business: Completed
- Conducting Feasibility Studies: Completed
- Generating part of the startup capital from the founders: Completed
- writing of business plan: Completed
- Drafting of Employee’s Handbook: Completed
- Drafting of Contract Documents: In Progress
- Design of Logo for the business: Completed
- Purchase of hair lice removal and treatment tools and equipment: Completed
- Printing of Promotional Materials: Completed
- Recruitment of employees: In Progress
- Purchase of the needed furniture, office equipment, software applications, electronic appliances and facility facelift: In progress
- Creating Official Website for the business: In Progress
- Creating Awareness for the business: In Progress
- Health and Safety and Fire Safety Arrangement: In Progress
- Establishing business relationship with vendors and key players in various industries: In Progress